Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
How many chinese people wear glasses / contact lenses? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you wear glasses / contact lenses?
Yes
70%
 70%  [ 29 ]
No
29%
 29%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 41

yalie5

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:50 am
Clic-Clac Crow
They make me look smart. cool

me too... plus people don't recognize me without them xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:19 pm
cold_blooded_chick
wiim
A little late coming in here just say that I wear glasses because I'm near-sighted. ....Oh well. xd
Short sighted...

I look like a nerd when I wear my glasses, especially now that I have short hair...
I look better without glasses. *sighs* I wish I didn't read all those books by streetlight... But I look smarter too.  

Beagle_Cat-Fish

~leng.mui~

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:29 pm
Tokioka
yalie5
Tokioka
yalie5
Tokioka
yalie5
Tokioka
yalie5
Tokioka
yalie5
me! i've got glasses. i use to be bilnd as a bat with out them and then all of a sudden when i got older i'm not as blind but i still need them... oh yeah and my little bro wears them too. blaugh

Yeah my eyes got a bit better as I aged, and my whole family needs glasses, lol 3nodding . However, my dad is long-sighted, whereas my mum, my brother and I are short-sighted. Which is kinda strange eek .

not really. you get your short sighted ness from your mom. and i got glasses cause when i was little i thought i'd do better with glasses so i screwed them up on purpose (ie reading in the dark {it's become a habit now} looking at the computer screen for a long time with out blinking {my friend taught me that xd }) But a lot of my asian friends where i'm at now either have glasses or contacts but when i was up north it was just a few. most had really good eyesight. and bad sight is partially genetic but alot of the times it's just your own fault for staring at the computer screen so long with out blinking xd

LOL, true, very true. So we've just screwed our own eyes... damn. sad

yes we did screw up our eyes... but on the bright side at least mine are healing mrgreen

Damn you and your self-healing eyes. A pox upon thee!!! scream

hey don't hate me and my self healing eyes.
@demon girl: yeah i think there's like only 4 people in my family that wears glasses all the time. me, my dad, my brother and some one else.

I don't hate you!! 3nodding
In fact it's quite the opposite.... lol, jks.

yeah you're a real comedian stare lol jkz. anyway my eyes are up to the point that i can read my computer screen at arms length with out my glasses but i have to squint a little.

Damn you (again). I can only see my screen clearly like 12 inches away from the screen if my contacts are out. sad
for me..about 9 inches with squinting blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:03 pm
At the moment, 90% of the voters do wear glasses. Does this imply that we're spending too much time on gaia, or is there never enough time for gaia? 3nodding  

Tokioka

Minielf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:04 pm
I'm one of the few chinese who don't wear glasses at the moment! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:22 pm
Minielf
I'm one of the few chinese who don't wear glasses at the moment! biggrin

No glasses? Rare indeed. Like an albino, although not quite so white-skinned... or red-eyed... sweatdrop  

Tokioka

xoCrow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:33 pm
yalie5
Clic-Clac Crow

Same here! They all go like "Is that really you? OMG!1!!oneone1!11" xD  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:34 am
wiim
If you take it as a joke, fine, be my guest. But I was just saying that short-sighted meant that you don't consider all consequences or implications to your actions or decisions.
Anyway, I guess we have various meanings behind it.
Whatever the hell you call it then, I'm near sighted~  

cold_blooded_chick

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:12 am
cold_blooded_chick
wiim
If you take it as a joke, fine, be my guest. But I was just saying that short-sighted meant that you don't consider all consequences or implications to your actions or decisions.
Anyway, I guess we have various meanings behind it.
Whatever the hell you call it then, I'm near sighted~

You wear contact lenses often?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:26 pm
I wear glasses! i would get contacts but im spazzy when putting things in my eyes xp  

[[ china ]]

Tokioka

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:49 pm
china_doll210
I wear glasses! i would get contacts but im spazzy when putting things in my eyes xp

I wasn't sure about having stuff put in my eyes. I thought that I'd be the one putting the contacts in my eyes so that I could take it slowly, but as soon as I got into the optician's room I didn't even get a chance to stop her! She just stuck me in the chair and poked the contacts in my eyes! crying
But now I've gotten used to them, so they're fine now. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:06 pm
yalie5
Clic-Clac Crow

whee ya that's what most of my friends said.  

[Pink Lady]

Mysterika

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:58 am
Ah, fellow four eyed Azn friends, I'm joining our midsts.

Used to wear glasses, coz I screwed my eyes up purposely to piss off my Mom...well...thats partially the reason.
Suffered horribly with them.
Life was saved when contacts were introduced.
These contacts reshape your cornea at night, so in the daytime, no need for glasses or contacts!!

rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:58 am
Contacts that reshape your cornea as you sleep? I've never heard of those, but I bet they must be expensive eek  

Tokioka

Sweetkitty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:43 am
I am not sure people have or not glasses  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items