People Counter...
  *beep*
View Results

in_the_rain_dancing
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:35 am
Jolly_Raj
WhisperInMyGhost
I wonder when The BS comes out will there be a TM Bestiary?

I didn't know what that was till I looked it up. But that would be so cool to have! Maybe it would be like special book item that when you click it, it opens a mini browser window so you can read threw and look at pics of all the monsters you've encountered.

I think what Whisper means is will I come out with a Tookie Mookie Bestiary. When the time comes I will try to make a thorough list with tips and info here in this sticky, or make a separate Sticky if it requires allot of text and images.

Unless someone else makes really wants to make one? And can do a great job at keeping it up and updated. Well just have to wait and see.
wink  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:00 am
Tookie_Mookie
Jolly_Raj
WhisperInMyGhost
I wonder when The BS comes out will there be a TM Bestiary?

I didn't know what that was till I looked it up. But that would be so cool to have! Maybe it would be like special book item that when you click it, it opens a mini browser window so you can read threw and look at pics of all the monsters you've encountered.

I think what Whisper means is will I come out with a Tookie Mookie Bestiary. When the time comes I will try to make a thorough list with tips and info here in this sticky, or make a separate Sticky if it requires allot of text and images.

Unless someone else makes really wants to make one? And can do a great job at keeping it up and updated. Well just have to wait and see.
wink

when the time come i would love to help with that.  

Cirala

Dangerous Husband

in_the_rain_dancing
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:39 am
cirala
when the time come i would love to help with that.
Sweet. Less work for me to do. lol xd  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:44 am
Since the Rock Puppy is a good guy, and was also in the NPC Spot Light, you should take him out of the Monster List and add him into the NPC list just in case he'll become an actually NPC when Battle is released. wink

And if there are gonna be drop items, we'll definitely be needing a Bestiary to list what each beat is gonna drop, an how often they'll drop items when you battle them.

I just hope we'll be getting TONS of monsters to fight! heart

(and Took, wow I love your new look.) eek  

Kolobos_Rayne
Crew

Generous Sex Symbol

9,850 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

in_the_rain_dancing
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:09 am
Kolobos_Rayne
Since the Rock Puppy is a good guy, and was also in the NPC Spot Light, you should take him out of the Monster List and add him into the NPC list just in case he'll become an actually NPC when Battle is released. wink

And if there are gonna be drop items, we'll definitely be needing a Bestiary to list what each beat is gonna drop, an how often they'll drop items when you battle them.

I just hope we'll be getting TONS of monsters to fight! heart

(and Took, wow I love your new look.) eek

Thats an excellent point! I'll add him over to there when I can. Bt I'll still have him under as a monster as well for a bit. 3nodding

Im hoping for lots of monster as time go's by. It will be so cool to have like ubber rare special monsters to fight that are like rare events, but even rare-er! Legendary monsters that are impossible to find... like a good man. >.<

And don't get to fond of the new look, its just a phase. >.< I love orange! Like a bad lover, I just keep going back to it. xd

Wow I have really spilled allot of beans about my relationship issues with analogies today.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:41 pm
swarf
Hey all. Been a bit since I posted, so I figured I'd add a couple small corrections/tidbits to this thread. First, darknrgy is actually working on other important projects, not Battle. Truantduck and I aren't the only devs, but I shouldn't drop their names just yet. A bunch of cool artists are also on the team, and believe me that Battle is gonna look awesome. Second, yes rock puppy is totally gonna be important to Battle, but he's not a bad guy biggrin

We can't show any of our progress right now, but look for more info at the conventions this summer. Truant will be talking about Battle and eventually showing off some of our stuff. I know it seems like Battle is taking forever, and sometimes it seems slow to us too. But, trust us, we're working hard each day to make Battle as cool as it can be.
oooh, i wonder what rockpuppy will do...I want him as a pet xD  

Amurita

Newbie Elder

3,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Kolobos_Rayne
Crew

Generous Sex Symbol

9,850 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:52 am
The conventions are coming up!!! More info on battle is coming soon!!! heart  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:45 am
Kolobos_Rayne
The conventions are coming up!!! More info on battle is coming soon!!! heart
i know i can stand it xd  

whisperinmyghost

Malevolent Mage

whisperinmyghost

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:57 pm
Qixter
WhisperInMyGhost
Dear Qixter,
I have a few question for you, and i would love an answer. Non of my qusetions anr about the date of the BS, just a few technical questions.
First, will there be a Party system?
Second do the rings have classes?
Third will the MC be helpfull in the BS?
And finaly will there be dungeons in the BS?
I would love a few answers i will understand if you can tell me much just a bit of info would be realy apreshated. Thanks of the time.

Much love
WhisperInMyGhost

Howdy, Ghost (if I may shorten your name in a friendly fashion...),

I'm not giving out much info about stuff at the moment, but I'll answer your questions with some extremely short answers for the moment (until after AnimeExpo when we start talking about things much easier):

1) Yes on a party system.
2) No classes on rings. A different (very flexible) system instead.
3) Current MCs will have no bearing on the battle system.
4) "Dungeons"? In the traditional "D&D" sense? Very few, if any. In the sense of "adventures designed for a group to travel through together, defeating enemies and obstacles as they travel", then yes.

Hope that helps sate your thirst for knowledge for a bit.

-- Q.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:52 am
WhisperInMyGhost
Qixter
WhisperInMyGhost
Dear Qixter,
I have a few question for you, and i would love an answer. Non of my qusetions anr about the date of the BS, just a few technical questions.
First, will there be a Party system?
Second do the rings have classes?
Third will the MC be helpfull in the BS?
And finaly will there be dungeons in the BS?
I would love a few answers i will understand if you can tell me much just a bit of info would be realy apreshated. Thanks of the time.

Much love
WhisperInMyGhost

Howdy, Ghost (if I may shorten your name in a friendly fashion...),

I'm not giving out much info about stuff at the moment, but I'll answer your questions with some extremely short answers for the moment (until after AnimeExpo when we start talking about things much easier):

1) Yes on a party system.
2) No classes on rings. A different (very flexible) system instead.
3) Current MCs will have no bearing on the battle system.
4) "Dungeons"? In the traditional "D&D" sense? Very few, if any. In the sense of "adventures designed for a group to travel through together, defeating enemies and obstacles as they travel", then yes.

Hope that helps sate your thirst for knowledge for a bit.

-- Q.
Ah! I though I added this in already. >.<

Thanks Whisper.
sweatdrop  

in_the_rain_dancing
Crew

Jolly_Raj

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:56 pm
Qixter posted this in his thread on the issue with Rings!
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29136367

Qixter's Answer Thread
To those that say "using rings instead of weapons doesn't help balance against rich players...rich people will still just buy rings from the marketplace and dominate anyway!", here's another reply from a different thread:

We have a mechanism in the game that prevents you from using high-quality rings until you learn to master the lower-quality ones first.

Thus, you can't be a Gaian millionaire and simply buy the highest power rings to dominate a battlefield. You have to learn how to use the ring at lower qualities first, and THEN you can use your higher quality ring.

Make sense?

So rich people *can* get benefit from their gold (by acquiring the ring from the marketplace instead of questing for the ring and its upgrade components), but that's really their only advantage against a poor player.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:24 pm
Oooo~ s**t. That's a lot of info. Thanks for informing. :3

I have nothing to add~ sorry. ;__;  

PliR

Chatty Poster

3,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

in_the_rain_dancing
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:59 am
Jolly_Raj

Qixter's Answer Thread
To those that say "using rings instead of weapons doesn't help balance against rich players...rich people will still just buy rings from the marketplace and dominate anyway!", here's another reply from a different thread:

We have a mechanism in the game that prevents you from using high-quality rings until you learn to master the lower-quality ones first.

Thus, you can't be a Gaian millionaire and simply buy the highest power rings to dominate a battlefield. You have to learn how to use the ring at lower qualities first, and THEN you can use your higher quality ring.

Make sense?

So rich people *can* get benefit from their gold (by acquiring the ring from the marketplace instead of questing for the ring and its upgrade components), but that's really their only advantage against a poor player.
OH! I didn't see that before! I'm glad that they took care of that issue. I'll add that in. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:10 am
PliR
Oooo~ s**t. That's a lot of info. Thanks for informing. :3

I have nothing to add~ sorry. ;__;
Its basically everything from the SOG thread that involves the Battle System. And just a few smaller things that are only for Guild members to see. When it comes to battle I add the info here first before I add it in to SOG. 3nodding  

in_the_rain_dancing
Crew

Amurita

Newbie Elder

3,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:14 pm
Tookie_Mookie
Jolly_Raj

Qixter's Answer Thread

Make sense?

OH! I didn't see that before! I'm glad that they took care of that issue. I'll add that in. 3nodding
I'm glad to hear that they even though of that possibility! This give us gaians all a chance to become strong fairly.  
The Battle Arena Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff