Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
~*Official Anime/Manga/Etc. Thread.*~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Japanese Entertainment Media!
  I like it.
  I love it.
  I want some more of it.
  I try so hard, I can't rise above it.
  Dont know what it is 'bout that little gals lovin,
  But I like it, I love it, I want some more of it.
View Results

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:28 pm
banryuu
Dathu
I know the series is kind of old, by todays standards anyway, but I am a huge fan of the Slayers TV series. Not so much the oav's, but that's because they had a new voice actor for Lina. Anyone watched all three seasons?

Slayers is a classic! I've seen it all. (Naga from the OVA annoyes me)

I have all three seasons the first in VHS the second I borrowed from a guy then he moved away (SCORE!) The Third in the DVD box set. The second was my all time fav. I've been told I'm a Xellos. "Now thats a secret." Him and Zelgaes are my favs Lina is Cool, Goury is cool till he speaks... and Amilia gets on my nerves. The Bad guys were bad a** till the third season then they got a bit corny and the dragon drama got old. Oh well just me being picky again.

I completely agree with you. The second season was the best, and, strangly enough, the better drawn. I thought the third season had some questionable artwork. There even a scene where that orange dog-guy looks like he's a piece of paper movnig up and down infront of a camera. WTF? Martin was friggin crazy! Plus I really liked the Ragna Blade.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:18 pm
I vote for a new season of slayers. Thats what we need.  

banryuu

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:33 pm
banryuu

I second that motion!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:09 pm
Dathu
banryuu

I second that motion!

Majority rules.
Motion passed.
C:

cup_noodles

banryuu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:07 pm
If only it was that simple. I've started colecting the slayers books that the anime is based off of. It pretty funny and the whole thing is from Lina's point of view but then again what isn't?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:42 pm
banryuu
If only it was that simple. I've started colecting the slayers books that the anime is based off of. It pretty funny and the whole thing is from Lina's point of view but then again what isn't?

You know, someone tried telling that the Anime came before the manga. Which is unusual, since 9 times out of 10, the manga came first. He wasn't a very reliable source. Do you know anything about that? question  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

banryuu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:28 am
Dathu
banryuu

You know, someone tried telling that the Anime came before the manga. Which is unusual, since 9 times out of 10, the manga came first. He wasn't a very reliable source. Do you know anything about that? question

Yea I've heard of that. Its 100% not true. Actualy the Manga wasn't first either. The book came first. The manga and anime are based off of the book. Some of the manga advintures never made it to anime though. Its a shame but thats how things work.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:42 am
banryuu
Becka Minato
What makes an anime stick out to me is good character design and a unique story. I dont want to hear about some girl with big boobs in highschool, hell, I'm in highschool myself and its nothing special. I want to see stories of characters in other worlds, with monsters and magic. Something that I cant just walk outside and see.

I wish I was farther along in making my anime I think you'd like it out of 11 main characters there is only one human.

The main main person is a Leopard girl (Catrai). Then there is a Vampire (Vamp), Fallen (Angel), a Siren (mermaid/nymph), Elf, Shindao (wolf), twin Shadow girls (assain clan), a Dragon, a Pagan (white magic), and a human.

All of the people are based of my friends exep for the bad guy not a friend persay.

That sounds awesome!
I base characters I create off my friends alot, it helps me bring out a good attitude in my characters.

Becka Minato

banryuu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:17 pm
Becka Minato
banryuu
Becka Minato
What makes an anime stick out to me is good character design and a unique story. I dont want to hear about some girl with big boobs in highschool, hell, I'm in highschool myself and its nothing special. I want to see stories of characters in other worlds, with monsters and magic. Something that I cant just walk outside and see.

I wish I was farther along in making my anime I think you'd like it out of 11 main characters there is only one human.

The main main person is a Leopard girl (Catrai). Then there is a Vampire (Vamp), Fallen (Angel), a Siren (mermaid/nymph), Elf, Shindao (wolf), twin Shadow girls (assain clan), a Dragon, a Pagan (white magic), and a human.

All of the people are based of my friends exep for the bad guy not a friend persay.

That sounds awesome!
I base characters I create off my friends alot, it helps me bring out a good attitude in my characters.

User Image this is a at least 4 years old but I love how it turned out it is the main character of my story. Her name is Medina (and yes she is based off of me) 4laugh  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:18 pm
darn I tried to shrink that sucker but it didn't work sorry

User Image
This is her sister also and old one. ^_^  

banryuu

Becka Minato

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:25 pm
banryuu
darn I tried to shrink that sucker but it didn't work sorry

User Image
This is her sister also and old one. ^_^
Wow, those are awesome. ^_^ I would totally show my characters, but I dont have a scanner... crying  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:44 pm
Love anime, nuff said.

Favorite Anime: Elfen Lied

Favorite Manga: Negima!  

Arios V

banryuu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:16 pm
Arios V
Love anime, nuff said.

Favorite Anime: Elfen Lied

Favorite Manga: Negima!

Elfen Lied was sweet. I really liked it.
Negima on the other hand... not a fan. I've read a few. Not my thing. (Like the time I ran out of manga and started reading my other half's GTO... I still don't like it... read it all but I don't like it.)  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:26 pm
Oooo, we got some pretty pictures up in here. biggrin  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:50 pm
Dathu
banryuu

I second that motion!

Yay! :3 I miss that show. heart  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas