Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shura Yukihime

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:35 am
Sanekazura
Momiji-Bunny
There's an anime store about 30 minutes from where I live and they sell Manga's there for like $8-$9 it's pretty cool, it's way cheaper then going to Borders or even on Tokyopop or Viz's webpage.

oh my god! eek you lucky, lucky people! i have 250 kilometers to the nearest "real" mangashop!

250 KM?! Now that's a long distance... eek For me, from my school, take a bus for 2 stops, and there's a mall with one manga shop, and one manga rental shop. All in Chinese, of course.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Shura Yukihime
Sanekazura
Momiji-Bunny
There's an anime store about 30 minutes from where I live and they sell Manga's there for like $8-$9 it's pretty cool, it's way cheaper then going to Borders or even on Tokyopop or Viz's webpage.

oh my god! eek you lucky, lucky people! i have 250 kilometers to the nearest "real" mangashop!

250 KM?! Now that's a long distance... eek For me, from my school, take a bus for 2 stops, and there's a mall with one manga shop, and one manga rental shop. All in Chinese, of course.

I live like 1/200 meters from the nearest and 2 stops with the subway from Sanekazura´s dera SF-bokhandeln..Nyahahhahaaah!! heart  

Philomene

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:45 am
Philomene
Shura Yukihime
Sanekazura
Momiji-Bunny

I live like 1/200 meters from the nearest and 2 stops with the subway from Sanekazura´s dera SF-bokhandeln..Nyahahhahaaah!! heart

gonk don't say that, it makes me feel worse... but i'll go there next weekend! xd yay! crazy shopping!!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:08 am
I live relatively close to a comic book shop that sells manga and anime... So I guess I'm pretty lucky in that sense....  

RionaDaidouji

white_dragon_moi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:11 am
* Walkes in and looks around...* Hi there´..um..what´s going on here then..? blaugh  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:41 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Synthetic Angel

6,900 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200

Izumi-san

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:07 pm
RionaDaidouji
YaminoSadame
I'm from a state in the US that most resedints of the US don't know is a state. xp

Maine?

Thanks...I'm from Maine! sweatdrop Well, I still live here acctually.
I speek English, Spanish, enough German so that I can find my way if I happen to be in Germany ever and get lost, and I'm trying to learn Japanese but I don't have much time. I used to read Hyroglyphs but I've forgotton most of them by now.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:49 pm
Izumi-san
RionaDaidouji
YaminoSadame
I'm from a state in the US that most resedints of the US don't know is a state. xp

Maine?

I speek English, Spanish, enough German so that I can find my way if I happen to be in Germany ever and get lost, and I'm trying to learn Japanese but I don't have much time. I used to read Hyroglyphs but I've forgotton most of them by now.

Hyroglyphs seem to be popular...  

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

Izumi-san

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:14 pm
Sanekazura
Izumi-san
RionaDaidouji
YaminoSadame

Maine?

Yeah, I used to want to be an archiologist in Egypt. So my mom and I got a book and we both learned them. I stunk at drawing them though...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:49 pm
Izumi-san
Sanekazura
Izumi-san
RionaDaidouji
YaminoSadame

Maine?

Yeah, I used to want to be an archiologist in Egypt. So my mom and I got a book and we both learned them. I stunk at drawing them though...

i know what that's like... i'm trying to learn japanese too, and i have serious problems with the writing sweatdrop it's hard to see what i write even when i use the latin alphabet, so i can only imagine what my hiragana looks like...  

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

Bemused Dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:53 am
I took a small Japanese mini-course for a couple of weeks. Worked on writing....mine wasn't so good. Can only imagine what my attempts at kanji looks like to the people who are good at writing it..... Oh, and I don't have to worry about getting manga. Media Play and Barnes and Noble close to my house, plus for anime goods, there's a small shop at one of the downtown malls that sell them. Which reminds me, need to look around for more manga this weekend....  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:20 am
Hmmm... if you want to learn to write Japanese well, practice like I do with Chinese... just keep writing and rewriting... you should be able to write decently after a while... Besides, I still think Japanese/Chinese is easier than hieroglyphs...

And even if you can't master writing Japanese nicely, well, that doesn't mean you can't be good at it. A friend of mine writes horrible Chinese characters... they're all messy and barely readable. But her Chinese's one of the best in the class.  

Shura Yukihime

RionaDaidouji

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:53 am
Izumi-san
RionaDaidouji
YaminoSadame

Maine?

Eh heh... I didn't mean that in a bad way. It's just that whenever Americans ask me where New-Brunswick is and I answer "right next to Maine", a lot of them ask "Where's Maine?"  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:11 pm
RionaDaidouji
Izumi-san
RionaDaidouji
YaminoSadame

Maine?

Eh heh... I didn't mean that in a bad way. It's just that whenever Americans ask me where New-Brunswick is and I answer "right next to Maine", a lot of them ask "Where's Maine?"

New Brunswick? Im guessing thats not New Brunswick, NJ right XD
Just caught me there because I go to school in a New Brunswick ^_^;  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:46 am
Shura Yukihime
Hmmm... if you want to learn to write Japanese well, practice like I do with Chinese... just keep writing and rewriting... you should be able to write decently after a while... Besides, I still think Japanese/Chinese is easier than hieroglyphs...

And even if you can't master writing Japanese nicely, well, that doesn't mean you can't be good at it. A friend of mine writes horrible Chinese characters... they're all messy and barely readable. But her Chinese's one of the best in the class.

ok, that made me feel much better. i'll just keep working! 3nodding  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces