Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Leri
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:36 pm
solarfacade
I wish they would post the cover art. I want to see what the logo looks like.

Yeah... personally I didn't like the way the Full Moon wo Sagashite logo was made but it's ok I guess. I've seen Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne's logos for other countries and it looked bad confused  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:45 am
Leri
Yeah... personally I didn't like the way the Full Moon wo Sagashite logo was made but it's ok I guess. I've seen Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne's logos for other countries and it looked bad confused

I don't like the FMwS logo either... it looks bad and the color is awful. Maybe they'll change the color for upcoming volumes, but I doubt it, because it clashed really horribly with the cover art for volume one. gonk  

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

akeikas
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:34 am
i wasnt too fond of the logo either. i was like: ...WHAT???? sweatdrop oh well, at least its out in english. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:16 pm
Ok, if the cover is not as bad as this one, I won''t complain.

User Image  

Leri
Vice Captain

Lepidus Light

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:38 pm
I certainly hope it's not as bad as the FMwS logo! No, it doesn't look the color is changing...I took a look at pictures of the 2nd volume.

Hmm...Leri, that picture is a broken image for me. gonk But as long as it looks better than the covers I've seem from CMX, I'm good! ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:18 pm
Mm... maybe they found out that I direct-linked it. *sweatdrop and goes to upload said image in photobucket*

... yay done.

*fixes image*  

Leri
Vice Captain

PrincessRyoko

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:16 am
Caprika
thats cool to know but I read dnangel before kkj so I wasn't surprised or anything they seem similar but they are different

Same here. Theres also another anime thats called Mouse, that well, are much like the other two. It seems that there was a point where stealing art in anime became very popular.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:53 pm
Thank you for fixing the image! Ah, I see what you mean, and I don't disagree with your statement whatsoever.  

Lepidus Light

Leri
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:12 pm
Lepidus Light
Thank you for fixing the image! Ah, I see what you mean, and I don't disagree with your statement whatsoever.

It's ... so... pink. *twitch*

You should've seen the other covers gonk Here're the german ones:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Here's a Full Moon wo Sagashite one:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

*sighs* Come on America! Even GERMANY kept the "WO"! Why can't YOU?! gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:07 pm
The CMX covers usually look pretty good, so I won't worry. I've been collecting GALS, and the cover art is high quality and looks just like the Japanese editions. I don't like how they put kanji in the background surrounding the pictures, though. Oh well.  

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

Lepidus Light

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:52 pm
@Leri: I like the German cover for KKJ. ^^ Yeah, they really should've kept the "wo" because I'm having a hard time (For some reason) explaining to my friends that there is no difference between "Full Moon wo Sagashite" and "Full Moon o Sagashite"...

Arinacchi - The #1 Tanemura Arina Source
I've been getting a few e-mails lately asking why VIZ changed Full Moon wo Sagashite to Full Moon O Sagashite. For those who don't know, Full Moon wo Sagashite was licensed by Viz under the name Full Moon O Sagashite. This is the correct spelling of the name. Look at the original title: ???????. It's not a typo.

I guess it was intentional, then. For those who want to know he URL to the site:
http://www.spiritingaway.net/arinacchi/index.php

@solarfacade: Ah, thanks for the confirmation. ^^ I don't know what other manga CMX publishes, so I wouldn't know. I'll go take a look at the GALS covers. : D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:17 pm
Leri

I guess it's so American readers won't be confused. "Wo" is a particle pronounced "o," and since the Shojo Beat line seems to be targeting newcomers to the anime/manga scene, using "o" would cause less confusion with the pronunciation.  

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

Leri
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:07 pm
solarfacade
Leri

I guess it's so American readers won't be confused. "Wo" is a particle pronounced "o," and since the Shojo Beat line seems to be targeting newcomers to the anime/manga scene, using "o" would cause less confusion with the pronunciation.

Yeah, I know. ~__~ I just randomly complain about it because I hate changes sweatdrop So don't mind me.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:06 pm
the german one scares me. o_0! for KKJ anyway. The FMWS isnt too bad. but...the KKJ? Whats up with the weird text? xd

I agree w/ solar. CMX isnt so bad. ^^  

akeikas
Captain

Leri
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:22 pm
Lepidus Light
@Leri: I like the German cover for KKJ. ^^ Yeah, they really should've kept the "wo" because I'm having a hard time (For some reason) explaining to my friends that there is no difference between "Full Moon wo Sagashite" and "Full Moon o Sagashite"...

*falls over* I'm just annoyed at how... simple and unprofessional it all looks.. sweatdrop  
OFFICIAL TANEMURA ARINA GUILD

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff