Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild
!Random Talk! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:12 am
Sanekazura
Vi Sparklemist

Agreed, though I liked the humour in the beginning.

BotI was so great. I can't believe what they said "it didn't fit".. So Puppet Revolution, which mostly makes fun of famous mangas, fits better? How many mangas has the average Swede read?

Oh well.

I'm thinking of buying the BotI books as well. Though I think I have to finish my other series first.

they do have a point about the fitting thing. boti is better when you read it by itself. but they should have made sure to publish it in swedish a fast as possible, instead of just dropping it and leave us without it. that's not a good way to encourage new manga-fans.

oh, what do you read now then? i'm curious on what other people read!

Im so behind on the boards >_<

What Im reading right now

Kaori Yuki's Psycho Knocker and Meine Leibe (which is actually drawn by Rei Izawa I think, with designs and stuff by Kaori-sensei)

Kanno Aya's Aku Saga (I NEED her Hokuso Shinsengumi manga *_*)

I just finished Black Cat
Still following Eyeshield 21 and +Anima and Death Note.
Looking to finish E's and hoping fervantly for the continuation of Saiyuuki Gaiden.

Also really need to order Minekura Kazuya's Araiso series...  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:13 pm
Vi Sparklemist

Right now I collect One Piece, Ranma½, Bride of Deimos, and of course Angel Sanctuary. I've started to buy Chronicles of the Cursed Sword, Magic Knight Rayearth and Revolutionary Girl Utena as well, but I've only got one volume each of them so far.

And regarding CotC, it was such a waste of money I feel bad everytime I think of it. Not that it has anything to do with the subject.. sweatdrop

I read DNAngel every now and then as well, but I've quit buying them and only read the volumes my friends buy xp

I'm sure there is a few more as well, I just can't think of which right now. My room is such a mess I can't find anyhing either.

Long live scanlations, at least you wont loose any volumes...

What about you?

i collect AS, Blade, Demon Diary, Yami no Matsuei and petshop of Horrors at the moment. i used to buy Ranma too, but it started to repeat itself so i stopped.

and i know what you mean about wasted money... i bought Samurai Deeper Kyo in the beginning of my manga addiction. i never should have sweatdrop  

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

Vi Sparklemist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:35 pm
Kaori's works... BotI... Yami no Matsuei...
Ohh, there are just too many mangas to read.

Not mentioning Anime.
Goodness, if there's many mangas I want to read there are at least as much anime I'd like to watch.

And they're all after our money xp  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:47 pm
Lesse.... Right now, I'm collecting Alice 19th, Imadoki, Angel Sanctuary, Demon Diary, Yami no Matsuei, Model, Get Backers.... Um.... And anything else I can get my hands on. sweatdrop I have a bunch of finished series as well... Can't remember all of them, though... I'll write out a list if anyone wants it, but it can't be now, since I'm at work and can't remember them all off the top of my head.  

RionaDaidouji

Bemused Dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:01 pm
Currently buying Angel Sanctuary, Fruits Basket, Hana-kimi, Kare Kano, Kill Me Kiss Me, Paradise Kiss, Ragnarok, and Saiyuki. Very shoujo oriented, no? Wanted to get BotI and Bleach, but my brother beat me to it.... ah, wasted money too, should have never gotten Maramalade Boy (apparently people like it though) and Planet Ladder (bunch of crap). Eh. Earlier buys.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:05 am
Rei_Kazeko
Currently buying Angel Sanctuary, Fruits Basket, Hana-kimi, Kare Kano, Kill Me Kiss Me, Paradise Kiss, Ragnarok, and Saiyuki. Very shoujo oriented, no? Wanted to get BotI and Bleach, but my brother beat me to it.... ah, wasted money too, should have never gotten Maramalade Boy (apparently people like it though) and Planet Ladder (bunch of crap). Eh. Earlier buys.

yes, planet ladder was pointless. i may be dumb, but i just didn't get it. what was it trying to say and what on earth were they doing?  

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

Momiji-Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:09 am
Right now I'm collecting Hana Kimi (which they stopped printing after the second one scream ), Kill me, Kiss me, Kare Kano, Angel Sanctuary, Fruits Basket, Yu-Gi-Oh (I only have the first so far), Demon Diary, Gravitation, Tokyo Babylon, Cardcaptor Sakura, Love Hina (only bought 2 in the last like year or so), Mars (only have the first but have read up till about 11), Miracle Girls, Saint Tail and X-1999. I've finished, Sailor Moon, Marmalade Boy, Fake, Wish, Clamp School Detectives, Clamp School Defenders Duklyon, Man of Many Faces, Eerie Queerie!, and... I'm sure there's more I just can't think of them all. I've also read (friends with manga addictions as well are nice), Petshop of Horrors (I'm going to have to get my own soon), Ragnarok, Vision of Escaflone, Battle Angel Alita, Yu yu Hakasho, Shaman King, Ranma 1/2, Inuyasha, DN Angel, Alice 19th ....and.... it's late, I can't remember them all! Oh, well, I'll think about it later.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:57 am
now i gotta question...i noticed that alot of you are collecting demon diary(i loves that manga so much...) and i was wondering if it was for the same reason i started...when i went shopping for my b-day last year, demon diary caught my eye because i kinda really looked like kaori yuki's work...and i thought that maybe it was one of them...anybody else?  

yorurei

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:10 am
yorurei
now i gotta question...i noticed that alot of you are collecting demon diary(i loves that manga so much...) and i was wondering if it was for the same reason i started...when i went shopping for my b-day last year, demon diary caught my eye because i kinda really looked like kaori yuki's work...and i thought that maybe it was one of them...anybody else?

i didn't think yuki had done it, i'd heard of it before.
hmm... now that you mention it the art does look a little like yuki's later works. that might be the reason why i bought it, since that's the style i like.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:18 am
Hmm... Demon Diary...

I've heard so much about it, yet I still got no clue of what it's about. Can anyone write a short summary of the story?  

Vi Sparklemist

RionaDaidouji

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:17 am
I was actually just browsing, thought "Oh, a manga I haven't read yet" and decided to buy it. *shrugs*

Oh, and you can add Tsubasa, XXXHolic and Hikaru no Go to my list... forgot them earlier.... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:22 pm
Vi Sparklemist
Hmm... Demon Diary...

I've heard so much about it, yet I still got no clue of what it's about. Can anyone write a short summary of the story?

in short, you have reanef, who's loveable and adorable and a demon lord, and eclipse, who rates as high as kira does on the drool factor, and erutis, a knight who wanted to kill reanef to make a name for herself but became friends, and chris, the next high cleric who despises demons but befriends raenef, and they're adventures as raenef trys to becum become a mity mighty demon lord...it's awsome, you should definatly check it out!
User Image
raenef's the blonde and eclipse is the one with the raven hair(sexy!!)  

yorurei

Shura Yukihime

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:07 pm
Black Cat... Yes! I love number X. blaugh Forgot his name AGAIN, see.

I have up til book 12 now...

I am planning to buy, once I get my damnned paycheck in a month or so:

Yami No Matsuei (all 11 books)
The rest of Black Cat
Alichino (Books 1 & 2... I already bought 3)
FMA artbook
Some FMA series... Not the standard manga one
The Jinchuu arc from RuroKen

No idea what else... yet.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:46 pm
yorurei

I got it because I read that it was a shonnen-ai manga, and right now I'm trying to collect as many shonnen-ai/yaoi manga that I can.

Oh, and to my list I forgot to put Naruto (and, yes... it is a shonnen-ai! I have declared all of the main male characters gay, therefor they are! xd )  

Momiji-Bunny

Momiji-Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:51 pm
I also forgot to add to my list: Only the Ring Finger Knows
it's such a sweet shonnen-ai, a total must read, even my little sister read it and thinks it's to cute!  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff