Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pokémon Defenders

Back to Guilds

A Guild for all lovers of Pokémon! 

Tags: Pokemon, gaming 

Reply The Archives: Lo, for the Days of Pokémon Past
[PD Penpal Project]__This means we can stalk y'all now. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fischer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:26 pm
Sui Kune
I know Samantha is Hebrew, but I ain't Jewish, though I would be if I believed in god (I don't even bother to capitalize the word), since I don't believe in Jesus. I do know that Eric Stuart is Jewish, and according to Aoi, she thinks his last name is indication of an Irish descent.

As for Locke, I'm guessing "lawk", like how you pronounce "Lochness", no emphasis on the "k" sound but more on the "och".
You get the prize! It's "lawk," not "lawk-ee." Everyone I've met has never had a problem with it, so I just assumed you guys wouldn't, either...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:54 pm
Fischer
Sui Kune
I know Samantha is Hebrew, but I ain't Jewish, though I would be if I believed in god (I don't even bother to capitalize the word), since I don't believe in Jesus. I do know that Eric Stuart is Jewish, and according to Aoi, she thinks his last name is indication of an Irish descent.

As for Locke, I'm guessing "lawk", like how you pronounce "Lochness", no emphasis on the "k" sound but more on the "och".
You get the prize! It's "lawk," not "lawk-ee." Everyone I've met has never had a problem with it, so I just assumed you guys wouldn't, either...

My first guess was right! I looked at it and said "Locke? Like... lock? That's not hard to pronounce! It must be a trick! I'll google it and see how it's supposed to be pronounced. Mwahahahaha!!! twisted "  

Atma311

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:02 pm
Seminal Contamination
Hey 'Lexa, since you're all taken up with this Region stuff, do you want me to keep updating the front page with the addresses that are posted on this thread? *delves into his Pokemon Collection* Jeez... I really should sell some of this on Ebay. I have like five Pre-release Dark Gyarados', and 20 errored shiney Arboks. XD

There are SHINEY Pokemon CARDS?! eek  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:27 pm
Fox Demon Shippo
Seminal Contamination
Hey 'Lexa, since you're all taken up with this Region stuff, do you want me to keep updating the front page with the addresses that are posted on this thread? *delves into his Pokemon Collection* Jeez... I really should sell some of this on Ebay. I have like five Pre-release Dark Gyarados', and 20 errored shiney Arboks. XD

Oh yes. First there were stuff like Shiny Gyarados and Shiny Tyranitar, but very recently there began a release of very, VERY rare Shiny Pokemon cards, which are extremely hard to come by. Some can open a whole box of cards and not find one. There are ones like Shiny Mudkip, Shiny Torchic, Shiny Latias, Shiny Latios, and even Shiny Suicune, Entei, and Raikou in the not-yet released in English Gold Skies Silvery Sea card set. These cards are actually marked as "so-and-so Gold Star" (a gold star next to the name), but I call them "Shining so-and-so".

I'll shut up now. sweatdrop  

Sui Kune

Moonlight Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Seminal Contamination

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:13 pm
Fox Demon Shippo
Seminal Contamination

Maybe I should try another word.

Hydrofoil.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:23 am
Sui Kune
Fox Demon Shippo
Seminal Contamination

Oh yes. First there were stuff like Shiny Gyarados and Shiny Tyranitar, but very recently there began a release of very, VERY rare Shiny Pokemon cards, which are extremely hard to come by. Some can open a whole box of cards and not find one. There are ones like Shiny Mudkip, Shiny Torchic, Shiny Latias, Shiny Latios, and even Shiny Suicune, Entei, and Raikou in the not-yet released in English Gold Skies Silvery Sea card set. These cards are actually marked as "so-and-so Gold Star" (a gold star next to the name), but I call them "Shining so-and-so".

I'll shut up now. sweatdrop

There is also a rule that applies to these cards: You may only have ONE gold star symbol pokemon in your in your entire deck. Even if you are insanely lucky enough to have more than one.  

oGolem

Psycho Candy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:09 am
Ooh. Sounds like fun. :3

I'll post my stuff up.

Amy Nguyen
4818 Killarney Street
Vancouver, BC, Canada
V5R 3V5  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:29 am
Caramel_Flan

I'll post my stuff up.

Amy Nguyen
4818 Killarney Street
Vancouver, BC, Canada
V5R 3V5

Another victim.. twisted

I mean.. um...

And man, I dare y'all to try and pronounce my whole name. But it's not that hard, so no doubt someone'd get it, like, first try.

Bo__They're called Holos then.
3nodding  

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Seminal Contamination

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:00 pm
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Caramel_Flan

I'll post my stuff up.

Amy Nguyen
4818 Killarney Street
Vancouver, BC, Canada
V5R 3V5

Another victim.. twisted

I mean.. um...

And man, I dare y'all to try and pronounce my whole name. But it's not that hard, so no doubt someone'd get it, like, first try.

Bo__They're called Holos then.
3nodding
Heh. We called 'em Shinies until some bright spark decided to make Prof Ivy's research apparent in the games.

And I know called them Foils. So hush you. razz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:20 pm
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/Taiyoukai/Shining_Charizard.jpg

Is that what you mean by a Shiny Pokemon card?
It's my only charizard....I dont have a normal one and my friend gave it to me...
and I know my scanner sucks....leave me alone about it xd  

Taiyoukai_Okibi

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:02 pm
Seminal Contamination
Heh. We called 'em Shinies until some bright spark decided to make Prof Ivy's research apparent in the games.

And I know called them Foils. So hush you. razz

You shall never silence me! Your country already tried that once before, remember?

So no taxation without representation! scream

Wait....

Okibi__Yep. That be a Shiny card. 3nodding *Has Shining Tyranitar and Shining Gyarados.*

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:51 pm
@ Sammy: No, I don't remember asking you that before and I did pledge my undying love to you. Do you still have my phone number?

@ Panda: Cough-man? That's what I get out of it...

@ Everyone: Pronounce my last name! Yeah, because it's so hard and all. Schaeffer...It's German. 3nodding

I'm stumped on Caramel's... sweatdrop Na-guy-on?  

Andy1989

Atma311

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:57 pm
Andy1989
@ Sammy: No, I don't remember asking you that before and I did pledge my undying love to you. Do you still have my phone number?

@ Panda: Cough-man? That's what I get out of it...

@ Everyone: Pronounce my last name! Yeah, because it's so hard and all. Schaeffer...It's German. 3nodding

I'm stumped on Caramel's... sweatdrop Na-guy-on?

"Shay-fur"? Maybe "Shee-fur".  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:36 pm
Caramel_Flan

I'll post my stuff up.

Amy Nguyen
4818 Killarney Street
Vancouver, BC, Canada
V5R 3V5

Do you pronounce that "ung-yen"? *still playing the "pronounce the last name" game* whee  

Sui Kune

Moonlight Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Atma311

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:04 pm
Sui Kune
Caramel_Flan

I'll post my stuff up.

Amy Nguyen
4818 Killarney Street
Vancouver, BC, Canada
V5R 3V5

Do you pronounce that "ung-yen"? *still playing the "pronounce the last name" game* whee

*Looks at the name and knows he must google it* Either "Win", "N'win" or "New-yen" 3nodding  
The Archives: Lo, for the Days of Pokémon Past

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff