Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Discrimination Against Chinese Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are Americans Nasty?
  All Americans are Nasty
  Most of Americans are Nasty
  Some Americans are Nasty
  None of Americans are Nasty
View Results

laptopfroze

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:51 pm
Where is it that you live with so much hate towards us chinese people. Over here where I live everyone is nice, half the times their afraid we would beat them up with our karate. Why is it that so many people think we know karate? But yah no hating towards us here.  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:35 pm
I'm an American born Chinese :] (ABC)

D: Some people are so mean!!
But not the people I know :]
A lot of people at my school are Asians
so people don't really make fun of us :]
Everyone's nice to me :]

School is easy for me.
Everybody always complains about the work but I don't..
I dunno why o_O
I've never been to a school out my state xD

xDuckie

xFaLleNAnGeLzX

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:22 pm
xu650863441
kt_jingle
wah, wah
that's really really mean!
D: that doesn't happen here in singapore cos there are 4 races.
our jokes about each other are all harmless.
(: spare more thought, be less racist.
*world peace*

Glad to hear it.

Your sighnature is really funny.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 4:36 pm
laptopfroze
Where is it that you live with so much hate towards us chinese people. Over here where I live everyone is nice, half the times their afraid we would beat them up with our karate. Why is it that so many people think we know karate? But yah no hating towards us here.

Not all people at where I live are like that, just some. But some stereotypes about Chinese made me mad.
I live in PA.  

Etaf Evael

Etaf Evael

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 4:38 pm
xFaLleNAnGeLzX
xu650863441
kt_jingle
wah, wah
that's really really mean!
D: that doesn't happen here in singapore cos there are 4 races.
our jokes about each other are all harmless.
(: spare more thought, be less racist.
*world peace*

Glad to hear it.

Your sighnature is really funny.

You mean the math one? Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 5:14 pm
... not to be mean or anything ( I AM Chinese sweatdrop )

... but the black plague really DID come from China... >.>;;;

It's true that many diseases come from the Far East ... but it's also true that people that do not live there are ridiculously succeptible to them.  

Nyanfood

Sparkly Lunatic

7,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100

Etaf Evael

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 5:44 pm
Riyoku Sakimori
... not to be mean or anything ( I AM Chinese sweatdrop )

... but the black plague really DID come from China... >.>;;;

It's true that many diseases come from the Far East ... but it's also true that people that do not live there are ridiculously succeptible to them.

Everything bad was from China... rolleyes
Which is not ture.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:09 am
My situation is different but its like my dad owns a chipshop and over here in UK it seems that is the only good job you can get, well my dad makes its seem like that as every Chinese person has there own chipshop. We obviously get the abuse like chinky and other stuff but its not that that bothers me.

Well you see my dad doesnt understand English so he doesnt understand things like the law and for me i have been at the chippy since about 7 and I’m now 17, same for my brother but i go to the chippy everyday after college till about 12am, on a Saturday I’m there from 11am till 12am because we work there. I don’t usually work a lot i do a few chores but still it count as working but i don’t get paid by hours but just how much he gives us but it is illegal as it is OVER time working and we deserver more freedom to do other stuff, i have still managed to pass my GCSEs even though I’m so short on time to study.

My brother now is working there full time but only get a little more than what i get for a salary. So its just not fair to me my mum or brother as we shouldn’t have to work this hard when we cant even get a good enough pay. I myself feel sorry for my brother as he is the heir if you know what i mean so he has to take over the responsibility one day but now we are treated like lower below lower, working our a** off for this pweeny little pay.

It seems okay to other thought they don’t think noting of it as my dad says stuff like oh its only for a few hours a week but its not it has lasted for ages. I wish that i can be set free how i wish i can be a bird but i hope to go to UNI in a few years time but im scared that he might stop me from going there and make me carry on working in the chippy.

Well um that’s the end of my story, i only have one last hope and that is UNI otherwise i will be taking the same road as my brother which i hope not to and my brother doesnt want me too either.  

only-hello-kitty

Purin9191

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:05 pm
What a Chip Shop? Is that like Fish 'n Chips?

Anyways... I hope you get you University because it's not fair for your father to keep you working at the shop like a caged bird instead of getting a good education! But as family, you shouldn't be thinking about getting wages from your father.... but then again what would I know? My family doesn't own a business... I just know I do a lot of chores for no allowance or any type of reward. I do things to help with the family ^_^

But the point is... good luck with getting a good education in University! Tell your father that education gives you a lot of advantages in todays society!  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:03 am
only-hello-kitty
My situation is different but its like my dad owns a chipshop and over here in UK it seems that is the only good job you can get, well my dad makes its seem like that as every Chinese person has there own chipshop. We obviously get the abuse like chinky and other stuff but its not that that bothers me.

Well you see my dad doesnt understand English so he doesnt understand things like the law and for me i have been at the chippy since about 7 and I’m now 17, same for my brother but i go to the chippy everyday after college till about 12am, on a Saturday I’m there from 11am till 12am because we work there. I don’t usually work a lot i do a few chores but still it count as working but i don’t get paid by hours but just how much he gives us but it is illegal as it is OVER time working and we deserver more freedom to do other stuff, i have still managed to pass my GCSEs even though I’m so short on time to study.

My brother now is working there full time but only get a little more than what i get for a salary. So its just not fair to me my mum or brother as we shouldn’t have to work this hard when we cant even get a good enough pay. I myself feel sorry for my brother as he is the heir if you know what i mean so he has to take over the responsibility one day but now we are treated like lower below lower, working our a** off for this pweeny little pay.

It seems okay to other thought they don’t think noting of it as my dad says stuff like oh its only for a few hours a week but its not it has lasted for ages. I wish that i can be set free how i wish i can be a bird but i hope to go to UNI in a few years time but im scared that he might stop me from going there and make me carry on working in the chippy.

Well um that’s the end of my story, i only have one last hope and that is UNI otherwise i will be taking the same road as my brother which i hope not to and my brother doesnt want me too either.

Sorry to hear that.
A few hours a week is fine but your father need to think about your future. You can't work at chip shop forever. You need to go to college, graduate, find a job and have a life.
Tell your father if you graduate from college you will make more money than him.  

Etaf Evael

Kirimin

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:07 pm
I guess I'm luckier than most Chinese/Asians. I came to the US when I was five and lived in an apartment for part of my life here in New York. I went to a school where most are Chinese (in Chinatown) so I didn't get discriminated. I lived with my relatives (all Chinese) so I didn't have a problem like some of you did. Then I moved to another part of NY that didn't have as many Asians. There wasn't any discriminations in the school so I was fine. I feel sorry for all those Chinese/Asians out there that had to suffer. The world is very cruel and unpredictable.  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:39 am
xu650863441
only-hello-kitty

Sorry to hear that.
A few hours a week is fine but your father need to think about your future. You can't work at chip shop forever. You need to go to college, graduate, find a job and have a life.
Tell your father if you graduate from college you will make more money than him.

i just sound kinda emo if i say this but i did find a job and it was a cafe job and i didnt want to tell him but i told him the day before i was gonna start my first day at work but it got dismissed straight away he had a right telling off at me and said i was being stupid becuase we have our own family buisness, after that i was crying all the time but i was a year ago now............................ it okay now cause im looking to the future and hopw it does get better, thank you for the advice! heart  

only-hello-kitty

TangIzzZ

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:29 pm
only-hello-kitty
xu650863441
only-hello-kitty

Sorry to hear that.

i just sound kinda emo if i say this but i did find a job and it was a cafe job and i didnt want to tell him but i told him the day before i was gonna start my first day at work but it got dismissed straight away he had a right telling off at me and said i was being stupid becuase we have our own family buisness, after that i was crying all the time but i was a year ago now............................ it okay now cause im looking to the future and hopw it does get better, thank you for the advice! heart

yehhh my parents own a takeaway, but they dont want me to work as they work, they know that it is hard work. They want me to do better and hav a brighter future. I hope ur father realises this and i hope u get a good job. I dont think he has a right mind in this world, having a takeaway is too much t osuffer, as i have the same problem like working in it,,, i just wished my parents didnt hav to suffer this job, everyday doing the same thing, but i want them to have a better life...aiii so sad.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:13 pm
TangIzzZ
xu650863441
I am a Chinese, and I am proud of it.
But I believe in the U.S. there are many discriminations against Chinese/Asians.

There were times I went into a store, people looked at me like I didn't belong there. In my past high school, there was a teacher said in China there were slave labors which I believe is a lie. Last year in my college, there was a student said many diseases are from Asians. This is not true because the black plague was from Europe. He also said that Chinese people always lie. But I believe he was lying.

Life in America is not easy for people from other countries. I came to the US when I was fifteen. My mother married to an American so I came to the US to live with my mother. But when I got here my English was really not good. I was afraid to talk. This was one of the reasons my stepfather did not like me. In China, when people eat food, they use chopsticks and they lower their head above the bowl to eat. It was hard for me to change when I just came to US, but my stepfather said I ate like a dog so he put the food on the ground and made me kneel on the ground and ate the food.

About a year later after a series of incidents, I changed my ways of eating. My stepfather saw my mother taking care of me and cooked for me, and he saw me eating, he was not happy about it even I sit up straight. Later on he took out all the food from the refrigerator and the house away from home so that I did not have any food to eat. My mother had to get leftover food from her workplace to secretly bring home for me to eat. He turned off the electricity in certain rooms including my room. He even stole my lunch money my church people gave me.

Some months later my mother and I moved out into one of my church people's house. The Common Wealth of Penn has proof of his abusing me. Right now I live along with my mother, with many more problems of course. But much better than the past.

I believe there will be many Chinese who will read this post, I also believe that they will know how I felt. I don't know if anyone in this guild has been discriminated against or abused. But feel free to talk about your feelings.

wow..that is really bad. im glad u got away from him.

i think its the same everywhere, like we all get discrimination just by the way we look or talk. we just hav to put up with it.
I was born in england and my parents are chinese but its still the same, i get racism and everythin U___U people in school used to pick on me alot because i was really shy and they didnt really know me, so they teased me because they knew i wouldnt do anything...

but now ive grown ^_^ i satand up for myself. i remember in my infants school there was this pakistani kid who was really racist to me, everytime he saw me he would call me a name. This one time my friends were fighting and then that guy jumped onto my bak so i grabbed him and pulled him off, then swung him into the wall ^___^ haha the teacher said he deserved it.

so yeh there are always people who discriminate but not all people. not just americans

there are many racists in the world...it's sad. being chinese, i know how youfeel  

cloud_angel72

Etaf Evael

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 3:46 pm
I hope one day racism will go away.
So that everybody will live peacefully.  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items