Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Mittalmar - Original Archives
Guild History: A Long Expected Guild Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Falathrim

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:40 am
Helm's Deep isn't mystical enough. Just go with the Gondolin...

Even if Numenor makes much more sense.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:51 am
Out of sheer curiosity, Falathrim, who do you think Numenor is such an apropriate name?  

Zach McClure

Menegil
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:08 am
I was the only one voting for Numenor, besides Falathrim? sweatdrop

Oh well...why don't I restart and put in every apropos name I can find?!

But wait...why don't we create our own name? Pick up your Elven dictionaries, folks! and Adunaic *pokes Falathrim*  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:16 am
1) Its not a part of Middle-earth. This matches the entire theme of this guild; that the subforum is Middle-earth, a place that was once beautiful and fair but brought to ruin throught the evils of Morgoth-Fangirl. In the West there lies a paradise, free of the malice brought on by the Dark Lord.

2) The land of Numenor itself is more clean than that of Aman; Valinor itself was marred with the passing of the Two Trees. Numenor is a new land, clean of the malice of Morgoth Fangirl (though in truth all land is poisoned due to the nature of Morgoth, Numenor would be somewhat more pure due to its youth). Morgoth has been to Aman. He has never been to Numenor.

3) Unlike Aman, Numenor is closed to none. If Elves want to come to Numenor, they can come. If Men want to come to Numenor, they can come. If the Valar want to quit being a bunch of contemptible asses, they too can come to Numenor.  

Falathrim

Menegil
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:22 am
If Men want to come to Aman, they can come...??

I agree with Falathrim. Numenor is good for all races.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:26 am
Menegil
If Men want to come to Aman, they can come...??

I agree with Falathrim. Numenor is good for all races.

That's what we call "Strange annd Unusual Typos".  

Falathrim

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:34 am
Does the guild name really matter that much? sweatdrop If the guild was purely for RP then yes, the name would need some consideration... but otherwise, I don't see how it affects anything. We don't have to follow "Tolkien's rules" if you like, completely.
I don't think it would really matter if we did have a Numenor RP thread; the name is just a name, it doesn't mean we are under the laws of the land itself. xp

There really is no need to be formal and stick to every last detail of Arda's History.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:41 am
You and your logic annoys me.

Didn't Menegil say there was going to be RPing? And didn't you say that there shouldn't be a Numenor thread?

Or am I just pulling stuff out of my a** again? xp  

Falathrim

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:18 pm
Falathrim

Didn't Menegil say there was going to be RPing? And didn't you say that there shouldn't be a Numenor thread?

I was led to believe this was a LOTR subforum guild; a place of discussion, free from fangirls... with a small element of RP. I don't recall any plans for: The Undying Lands RP Guild. Correct me if i'm wrong. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:26 pm
Longbow UK
Falathrim

I was led to believe this was a LOTR subforum guild; a place of discussion, free from fangirls... with a small element of RP. I don't recall any plans for: The Undying Lands RP Guild. Correct me if i'm wrong. sweatdrop
You don't need correction...you're right. 3nodding  

Menegil
Vice Captain

Falathrim

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:35 pm
Ah, okay.

And in case I wasn't being clear, I wasn't being serious with the 'annoys me' thing up there. It seems I forgot the mandatory smilie...  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:49 pm
Falathrim, I bow to your superior logic.
*votes for Numenor*
*wonders how to make a Numenor banner*  

Kazaera

Imyavie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:58 pm
I like Gondolin as much as the Undying Lands, but since we already named it, why change it?

*scampers behind a rock ><"*  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:23 pm
I think it's amusing that without the fangirls to yell at, we're already squabbling amongst ourselves.  

Elainya

Nimbrethil

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:36 pm
Elainya
I think it's amusing that without the fangirls to yell at, we're already squabbling amongst ourselves.

Squabbling? sweatdrop

Think of it as "debating". No one has yelled or thrown things yet. 3nodding

*worships intellectualism*  
Mittalmar - Original Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out