Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sword of Truth Guild, For Terry Goodkind Fans!

Back to Guilds

"Choose, then. With us or not. But choose this day for all time." 

Tags: truth, sword, richard, series, goodkind 

Reply RP Haven
NEW! Sword of Truth Roleplay! SLOWLY BEING UPDATED! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lophus Rahl

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:41 pm
It was finally time for his true curiosity to rise. With a glance to Darken he imprinted the thought of being at the ready to use the agiel.
"Show me this power you have, but be warned, you will not survive if you choose to attack any of us."
He had already had the opportunity to place a powerful web around the room which would kill anyone who tried to harm them. It had been a little trick that Nathan had taught him a few years back.

With an extended hand, Lophus walked around to the opposite side of the table and used his power to bring the pouches filled with sorcerer's sand to himself. He opened each cautiously aware of the immense possibilities that he had learned from his father and of course Zedd. He began to idly push some of the black sand around as he waited for Calintz to display his secret.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:00 pm
Calintz raised his hands, formed the same sign in each. He forced his power through the signs, willed them to take form. A moment later the power appeared so that all could see, it then started to take form. Two clones appeared and stood next to Calintz, both looked like exact copies of Calintz. All three then raised their hands and made the same signs Calintz made earlier, and forced power through them. Six powers appeared and moved in place. They then began to take shape and form. Within less then a minutes’ time eight clones stood with Calintz, all exact copies of one another.

All began to talk at the same time with perfect timing. “There, that is the power of the Doppelganger. Each clone has all the skills with swords as I do. We are linked, and share every thought.” Calintz looked around the room at everyone, while the clones looked in other directions. “We share sight, we see what each other sees.” All returned their gaze to Lophus. “This is why I was sent alone, because I wouldn’t be alone.”  

Calintz the Doppelganger

Lophus Rahl

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:11 pm
Lophus watched with a relaxed face as He regarded all 9 Calintz'. He did well to hide his astonishment while he thought of a few questions.
"Well done. Do you all share pain if one is injured?"
Typical Lophus, always wanted to learn every strength and weakness of everyone that surrounds him.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:23 pm
All nine Calintz’ nodded as one. “Yes. We gain all advantages together, but also we gain disadvantages as well. It is part of our link. So anyone with this power as to learn to deal with a lot of pain and still be able to fight.” One of the clones looked at the Mord-Sith, then that one spoke. “Like her.” Then the other eight spoke then. “If one dies, we feel him dying, but we do not die. Because just before the moment the clone dies the link is cut with that clone. We share the pain, to gain a perfect fighting style.”  

Calintz the Doppelganger

WEEB_QUEEN

Kawaii Shoujo

13,950 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:45 pm
Amara watched in silent astonishment as all nine Calintz' appeared one after another. When they all spoke with one voice, Amara silently watched her brother closely, weighing each of Calintz' responses as her brother fired off a few questions.
After a moment of silence after Calintz' last response, Amara took a purging breath as she gave Calintz a ressuring smile.
" That certainly is an amazing power you possess, Calintz,"Amara spoke in a firm tone as she gazed into the man's eyes, before turning to her brother.
" Well...there you have brother...such a power might be very useful...,"Amara spoke in a stern tone as she turned her attention back to Calintz. " You may serve us as is your wish, you may even fight along side us, for that power of yours...certainly may come in handy,Amara smiled slightly at Calintz, " Your people must indeed be proud of you,"Amara smiled firmly.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:55 pm
Darken nodded, and pulled his arm around, grabbing the nearest Calintz around the neck and pulling the clone back against him. He shifted his body and weight, making sure the Baka Tau Mana would have a feirce struggle before he could loose or throw him. He waved the Agiel at the peripherals of Calintz's vision.

"I hope you will take this to heart without the lesson of me having to kill one of you very painfully as a reminder." He leaned forward, mouth next to the man's ears, and whispered just for him. "Look around the room. There are eight guards for the Lord Rahl. You outnumber us. If you ever do that again, I will begin to kill you until we outnumber you."  

Galapagos James

6,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

Lophus Rahl

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:12 pm
Lophus extended a hand to Darken indicating his point was made. Lophus then turned his gaze to the Calintz that the others had spread from, the original.
"And if you are killed or injured, what happens to your clones?"
Sometimes his sister was too quick to make a judgement when it came to things of magic. He loved her no less for it, but desperately hoped she would leave certain things to him.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:22 pm
Calintz’s clone grinned at Darken comment, and reached up and grabbed the other end of the Darken’s Agiel. Pain shocked through him, but he didn’t move. “I’ll take your words to mind, Darken.” He released the end of the Agiel. He did this while the clone nearest the table picked up the dagger, and stabbed himself in the chest. The clone disappeared into the air just before he hit the floor, dead. “There you go.” The clone that Darken had a hold of said. “We no longer out number you. Want me to stab myself again, so you outnumber us?” The clone grinned. “Better yet, I’ll just stab all but one.”

Calintz then heard Lophus, and turned to him."There is no original in the eight of us. We are all equal. The last one standing is the real one. When one dies the magic returns to the remain ones."  

Calintz the Doppelganger

Galapagos James

6,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:52 pm
Darken glared at the man. Then he grinned, and pulled the Agiel from Calintz, and dropped his arm from the man's next. He started to step away a second before his arm came around, shoving the Agiel in his right ear, and jerking it back out.

The clone's legs collapsed under it, the clone not dead, just paralyzed from the Agiel damaging his brain. Darken had felt the Pain of the Agiel in his ear once. Only once. It had been too much to ask for again, the pain was unlike any other that could be lived through. But even then it had been very careful to keep the kind of damage he had just inflicted from happening.

Darken let go of the Agiel, letting it hang from it's chain. He saluted the Lord Rahl with a fist to his heart, and stepped back from the man, taking up his old position again. "I have heard the Baka Tau Mana practice from sunup to sundown to perfect their art with the sword. It seems you have let yourself become pathetic with the weapon of your tongue in return."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:56 pm
Zedd nearly fell on his rump as he slid around the corner. The marble of the Confessor's Palace was quite smooth....too smooth if you asked him. Someone could hurt themselves if they weren't careful.

He saw the set of double doors he was looking for. The ornately carved golden door handles gleamed out at him signaling a place of importance. This was the Council of the Midlands. Zedd could sense everyone in the room--except he was getting a strange reading from inside...something he couldn't make out. It was as if someone was there, but in several "theres". The name 'Doppelganger' sprang forth in his mind, but he doubted it since that power had been lost at the end of the Great War, when the New and Old worlds had been seperated.

Zedd grabbed the door handles and threw open the doors with a grunt. With a loud BANG the doors hit the wall and caused everyone in the room to jump, causing many of the guards to react defensively. Fortunately for him, when the guards saw who it was, they relaxed and made no attempt to confront or question him.

Zedd locked eyes with Lophus, intending to send a very serious look that would draw his attention to what Zedd had found out--but instead, Zedd did a double-take as he found himself looking at Lophus amongst a group of the exact same person.

"Bags!" Zedd cried out. He stared in shock at all of the exact same faces staring--bewildered--at the sudden intrusion. Zedd pointed a bony finger into the midst of the clones and shouted, "That's the Doppelganger!"  

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

Calintz the Doppelganger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:10 pm
The clones watched as the one fell to his knees, all made a slight face in pain, but remained standing. Calintz grinned to himself at Darken’s comment he liked the man. The clone, who was hit, stood and said. “You’d be amazed to know you can train your tongue and sword at the same time. Pain is alittle harder to master, but can be mastered, as I’m sure you know.” One clone picked the dagger up and returned it to the table.

Calintz then heard someone curse and yell Doppelganger, he turned and seen an old wizard coming from the double doors. Calintz realized this must be Zedd, Richard’s grandfather.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:13 pm
"Then we will welcome you to join our cause if you choose to help us in our struggle."
Lophus made sure, through his gift, that the D'Haran guards would know that this one was to be watched at every moment to ensure his loyalty. Such a dangerous ability could not be allowed to run too freely.
"As my sister said, there are many fine quarters that you may stay in."
It seemed to be all but himself that jumped at Zedd's intrusion. When their eyes met, Lophus began to see some of what Zedd had wanted to tell him, but he was distracted quickly by Calintz. Leave it to Zedd to find something that would give Lophus cause for alarm.

Lophus Rahl

Enduring Gaian

WEEB_QUEEN

Kawaii Shoujo

13,950 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:37 pm
Amara's calm emerald gaze watched what ensued shortly there after, as Darken nodded, going to the nearest Calintz clone and pulled his arm around, grabbing the neck of the Calintz clone. He casually shifted his body weight, making sure that he had the clone in a vise like grip before speaking into the clone's ear. Amara was not pleased with the sight of what was happening, but allowed for it to happen, knowing this was not something she had a say in.
Amara sighed softly to herself as her brother fired off yet another question directed towards Calintz. When the answer came, Amara made sure to pay close attention so that she would know these things should she need to for an important reason.
Calintz seemed to have taken a liking to Darken as he suddenly reached up and grabbed the end of the man's Agiel. Amara watched Calintz as she realized he might not have known what the thin red rod was.
Suddenly, his nearest clone to the table picked up a dagger laying upon the table and stabbed himself in the chest with it. The clone disappeared, vanishing into thin air before he even hit the floor.

Amara watched as Darken glared at Calintz, and then grinned at him, and released the man's neck. He began to move away, but then suddenly came around and shoved his Agiel into the man's ear, and then yanking it free.
Amara sometimes disagreed with the way her brother allowed things like this to happen. Calintz was causing them no trouble. The clone's legs collapsed beneath him. Darken let go of his mother's Agiel, letting it hang from the fine gold chain before saluting her brother with a fist clapped to his heart, stepping away from Calintz, and falling into his old stance.

Amara took a purging breath as she gave Darken a stern glance. Suddenly, out of nowhere, the large double doors were thrust open. The doors hit the walss with a loud bang as Zedd strode into the room.
Amara could not supress a small giggle and an infectious smile then spread across her lips. Somehow, her great grandfather had the worst timing, and yet even without his bad timing, he somehow made Amara laugh. However, Amara supressed the urge, and simply smiled patiently at her great-grandfather.

Amara's gaze was riveted momentarily to Calintz's clone that picked himself up off the floor and returned the dagger to the table.
Then, Lophus spoke, assuring Caltinz he would be allowed to join their fight.
And yet Amara knew her brother was still distrustful of Calintz.

Amara smiled reassuringly at Calintz. " I shall make the arrangements for your accomadations myself," Amara assured him with a kind smile before turning her attention to her grandfather.
" But first...Calintz, let me introduce to you, my great grandfather, and First Wizard Zeddicus Zu'l Zoarander,"Amara hled a hand out towards her grandfather in introduction.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:15 am
Calintz watched as the old wizard made his way to the front of the room. He then heard the Mother Confessor speak, a clone turned his gaze to her and listened to what she said. The clone gave the Mother Confessor a bow in thanks, after she had finished. Calintz turned from the wizard, realizing something. “Lord Rahl, you don’t trust me. But I understand, have your guards keep their watch on me.” He then gave a sharp whistle; some type of bird that flew in through a high window, and landed on his shoulder answered the whistle. It was a Night Owl; he stroked the owl’s head, as the owl looked around the room.

Calintz turned back to the wizard. He waited until the Mother Confessor finished the introduction, and spoke to the First Wizard. “First Wizard Zoarander, I was sent with a message for you as well. It has something to do with my power and other powers from the Great War. The powers that were created as weapons for the war. Also, we later found books in the ruins of the towers, after we chose to explore them. Our Spirit Woman realized what they were, and forbidden any of us from reading them.”

Calintz the Doppelganger

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:39 pm
Zedd stroked his chin as he circled the original of the clones. He studied him from head to toe, not just with his eyes but with his gift. "Remarkable..." he murmured as he strode around to the front of him, taking on last look.

The he flicked his wrist in the air as if to dismiss the distraction. "Perhaps later boy..." Then he turned his attention to Lophus and stepped up before him. He put his bony knuckles to the table and leaned forward so that only the two of them and Amara could hear.

"There is truth to what your father used to say about symbolism in the spell-forms of magic. I have seen it with my own eyes. It is true that the world is tainted with the Chimes and that magic is slowly failing." He leaned even closer as if to block out further those that might overhear. His eyes narrowed and he suddenly looked very much like the First Wizard. His face took on that of one with many years of knowledge and the sudden seriousness of what he was about to say."But more importantly, within those spell-forms, i could see the symbols of things long-forgotten that even I have only read in ancient books. I could see the magic unleased many years ago that killed your mother and father."  
RP Haven

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff