Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Things that could improve Resident Evil Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ZachSabbath

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:49 am
A proper Resident Evil First Person Shooter. Not like Dead Aim where you press the target button you go first person, I'm talkin' the whole friggin' game.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:50 am
First Person Shooters suck though, especially for horror.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:57 pm
Um.... Hi? Re4?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:44 pm
More realistic like not having to do a bunch of bunch in order to open a door. Better voice actting.  

Krav3n88

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:57 am
Of course, you get rid of door opening and you have RE4, which, we found out, sucks.
You have to have SOME puzzle apsect to the game. Searching for keys was one of the best things about Resident Evil.  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:59 pm
Yea I understand your point. It just they should tone it down some,like They should have the ability to break down the doors instead like in outbreak 2. But like the huge doors or metal ones should keep the key hunting or puzzles.  

Krav3n88

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:39 pm
The Outbreak method was much more reasonable. But still, it would make the games last a whole lot shorter. It worked for Outbreak, but Outbreak also had zombies which could burst into the room at the most inconvenient times.
What I like about the classic RE games is that you HAVE the option to slow down and just relax, after clearing out a room.
The fact that there are action times, and there are quieter, thinking times. It gives the game a nice balance.  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:48 pm
I get you but it when you are calm and relax is the best time to have a zombie bust down the door. Pauses in the action is reasonable but with a game like RE2 and RE3 the pauses needs to be much shorter to hold that fear of the chaos inside the city. People everywhere are turning dying or screaming. PLaces like an abandon mansion, Police station (which should have had more action in it) and clocktower is when the breaks in the action should happen. Just not for too long razz  

Krav3n88

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:54 pm
But then the balance changes, and you're getting action action action, break, action action action, break. Then the game is more action, less calm. Sometimes it's scarier when there's a quiet part, because it builds up the tension. So then you got all this tension building up because it is quiet, and maybe even for longer periods of time. And because of that, you start thinking that something's gonna jump out at any second. Sometimes it does (arms though the window, or crows), and sometimes it doesn't. That's what's so scary about it.

Not only that, but in Outbreak, you have plenty of Melee weapons, defense maneuvers, etc. In RE2 and 3, all you have is your firearms. And ammo is limited. That's why you can't constantly have zombies coming in.  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:19 am
Biohazard EXTREME
But then the balance changes, and you're getting action action action, break, action action action, break. Then the game is more action, less calm. Sometimes it's scarier when there's a quiet part, because it builds up the tension. So then you got all this tension building up because it is quiet, and maybe even for longer periods of time. And because of that, you start thinking that something's gonna jump out at any second. Sometimes it does (arms though the window, or crows), and sometimes it doesn't. That's what's so scary about it.

Not only that, but in Outbreak, you have plenty of Melee weapons, defense maneuvers, etc. In RE2 and 3, all you have is your firearms. And ammo is limited. That's why you can't constantly have zombies coming in.

I agree with you.To me, the scariest part in RE4 is when you're running around as Ashley and you have to run through the dark cellar room with the armor. Other than that part, I don't really think it was scary.

I wish that they would go back to the walking zombies, but I guess for storyline purposes that would be difficult to find a way to regress back to that.  

REaceofclubs

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 11:25 am
Well, that's why they never should've switched to Ganados in the first place.  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:17 am
REaceofclubs
Biohazard EXTREME

I agree with you.To me, the scariest part in RE4 is when you're running around as Ashley and you have to run through the dark cellar room with the armor. Other than that part, I don't really think it was scary.

I wish that they would go back to the walking zombies, but I guess for storyline purposes that would be difficult to find a way to regress back to that.
*Harkens back to the Sherry portions of RE2* Ick... I hate not having weapons in horror games. The best improvement they could make to the RE series would be what they did with Dino Crisis 2. You could run and fire your weapon at the same time! O_O That would have made all the boss battles smoother in my opinion.  

Vinessa_Valentine

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:26 am
It would have made them less challenging, too. Dino Crisis definitely headed toward the direction of Action Horror, not Survival Horror. Which worked for IT, considering the most basic enemies in the game are Raptors and Raptors are fast.
With zombies it would be too easy.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:52 am
Biohazard EXTREME
It would have made them less challenging, too. Dino Crisis definitely headed toward the direction of Action Horror, not Survival Horror. Which worked for IT, considering the most basic enemies in the game are Raptors and Raptors are fast.
If that'd be the case, then why couldn't they just put in more zombies and creatures to compensate for challenge factor?  

Vinessa_Valentine

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:59 pm
Vinessa_Valentine
Biohazard EXTREME
If that'd be the case, then why couldn't they just put in more zombies and creatures to compensate for challenge factor?

Well, in that case.... that's kind of like RE4 only with Zombies and being able to move and shoot.

It would have made some things better, but I dunno...

You know what could improve Resident Evil? Better music.... go get Akira Yamaoka.... or go back to Masumi Ueda. He was good.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff