Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Abortion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stance
  Pro-life
  Only when the mother's life is endangered
  Only during first trimester
  Only during first two trimesters
  Pro-choice
  On the Fence
View Results

singin4Christ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:53 pm
Zeptan
singin4Christ
if you are forced into watching children and they become your responsibility and you decide after they become your responsibility that you don't want to watch them anymore then does that give you the right to pull out a chian saw and kill them off?

No. The child is a human being.

Mouse of Water:

Like I said before. It's the woman's fetus, the woman's embryo. It's not our baby, we can't decide.

But a woman cannot decide to just kill a new born even though it is her baby. why should that short time make so much of a difference between birth control and murder? if a child is murdered when they're 2 years and 9 months old and another is murdered when they are 2 years old, those nine months mean nothing. it's still murder.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:25 pm
It is not murder because they are not children yet. And don't give me some phrase from the bible that says they are, because the bible is not a legitamate argument as none of it can be proven. Before you start yelling, tell me why the writers couldn't give it to us straight instead of being so vague? How is it possible for it all to be true if it's been translated so many times throughout the years? Why the hell should laws be made by something that basically says that if you don't follow everything it says and only believe in that, then you are tortured for all of eternity?  

RenFlower

singin4Christ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:37 pm
I wasn't going to and do not turn this into a discussion on religion and beliefs. I'm not going to allow you to push me over that line that makes me mad again. don't try.that embryo stage is just another stage of life. from embryo to bay is like from child to adult. they are still genetically human aren't they? the babies move in the womb. you cannot tell me that there is no brain function or no feelings or emtions or movement until the child is born because there is.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:01 pm
The burden falls on you to prove that there is, as science proves differently. Oh, and I opened a mini-shop! biggrin Services are free for you guys if you'd like. http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=30386687#1279828207 Plus, I'll admit, I could use some good feedback, since I don't have any customers yet...  

RenFlower

The Hallowed Mouse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:56 pm
RenFlower
The burden falls on you to prove that there is, as science proves differently. Oh, and I opened a mini-shop! biggrin Services are free for you guys if you'd like. http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=30386687#1279828207 Plus, I'll admit, I could use some good feedback, since I don't have any customers yet...

Actually science cannot prove that an embryo is not a child, rather it is a living thing with little or no functions to survive. But the only place where science places a say in this event is on the ProLife side "Life begins at Conjugation)  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:52 am
Well, I guess it depends on what you define as a child. If you place human life at self-awareness and such, then they aren't alive till weeks after they're born.  

RenFlower

The Hallowed Mouse

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:37 am
RenFlower
Well, I guess it depends on what you define as a child. If you place human life at self-awareness and such, then they aren't alive till weeks after they're born.

But that would be defined as murder by your standards, so how would you define life???

Mine starts at conjugation just as Science, Religion, and such state!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:19 pm
I don't understand, how does that define what as murder? Science does not place life at a specific time as of yet.  

RenFlower

Pasithea

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:00 pm
Basically here's how I see it:

A fetus is a human being and deserves all rights just like any other human being.

The only problem is no other human being has the right to use another human being's body without their express and ongoing consent (also, make note that consent can be withdrawn at any time unless you are binded by a written and signed contract I suppose.)

I do not believe any human deserves more rights or special rights based on anything, whether it be gender, sexuality, race, or even age.

Women should be allowed to control their bodies and all parts of it, including their reproductive organs.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:52 am
Once again I concur  

The Hallowed Mouse

Kysaara

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:22 am
Peronally I liked the way Ronald Reagan said it. To sum up, if you found a body laying on the ground, and you couldn't tell if it was dead or alive, would you bury it? hmmm o_0  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:32 am
hmmm 0_o
good wording Reagan, once again I applaud you!  

The Hallowed Mouse

Garrett31212

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:05 pm
RenFlower
Since I always must put my two cents in, I will state my position as Pro-choice. To start this debate off, I have one thing to say to people who are against abortion. It's not your body carrying a life, so it's not really up to you. We should have control over our own body. Thoughts?

I don't mind abortion, but I don't think that it should be only the mothers choice. I have one thing to say to you pro-choicers. It's not only your child. It's the man's just as much as it is the woman's.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:21 pm
I'm definately Pro-Life and it irks me to hear some of these Democratic politicians claim they are against killing innocent people though war but are still pro-abortion. xP I mean, how could you get more innocent than a fetus?

Therefore, YOU make the baby = YOU give birth to it.

True, rape happens, but according to THIS WEBSITE only about 225 women get pregnant by rape per year. Small, eh? This is because of statistice, but isn't a 100% thing.

I just don't understand why we can't allow something the right to life either way, though. I mean, put it up for adoption if you really don't want it/aren't able to care for it. Oftentimes the aftermath of an abortion hurts more than the mothers thought. Many women suffer from depression, emotional problems and can carry that for years and years.

My mom was a teen mother. She became pregnant with my older sister at age 15, gave birth at 16. If there's one thing she did right in her life so far, it's give birth to my sister instead of aborting her. My mom realized her mistake and took the consequences for it. She lived off wellfare as she struggled through High School. She married my father(Not my sister's dad) and graduated college. According to statistics, she was one of the 1.5% that graduate college before 30. If it was YOUR mistake, deal with it. Don't run from it. Don't try to hide it. Don't take it out on something so innocent as a baby in your womb.  

[Ish-Kabibble]

Garrett31212

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:33 pm
I know what you mean. It's completely immoral to fight a war, but hell, slaughtering babies en-masse is perfectly ok. What a crock a' s**t.  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff