Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)
::The Official Resident Evil Novel Discussion:: (ReVote!!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which Resident Evil novel was the best?
  Zero Hour
  The Umbrella Conspiracy
  Caliban Cove
  City Of The Dead
  Underworld
  Nemesis
  Code: Veronica
  Genesis
  Apocalypse
  Extinction
View Results

Vankala

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:33 am
Kadeejah Seshat
Which is why I've only got the books for 2 and 0. I read the rest of them after taking them out of our local library. ^^* I'd just like to know where they're available, in case by some FREAK accident I get some money at some point...

Well, if you see them at Borders or Barnes & Noble, you can just read them there instead of buying them. That's what I do when I go there to read manga. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:45 pm
Well, the way I see it is, whatever keeps people reading is good.  

Biohazard EXTREME

T-Veronica

5,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:02 am
so hold up... there's a novel for Extinction already?

I might have to go out and buy it now... so much going on the the world of RE lately.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:53 am
Ah, yep. It's an awesome novel, too. Definitely pick it up.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Kadeejah Seshat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:23 pm
Vankala
Well, if you see them at Borders or Barnes & Noble, you can just read them there instead of buying them. That's what I do when I go there to read manga. 3nodding

Biohazard EXTREME
I dunno. I live in Canada, we have Chapters, which is a branch of Indigo. Great book surplus.

@ Vankala - If there was a Borders or Barnes & Noble within an hour ride of us, I'd be doing that, I assure you. XD I almost died the last time we went to the mall and I had to leave all the shiny books behind! *weeps*

@ EXTREME - Now I have to ask Himochi Kouen's mother if she can buy them and ship them to me. X3 See, kids? It's good having friends in Canada!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:40 pm
Wait, are you saying that Canada has more books available to us than.... Whatever country you're from?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Kadeejah Seshat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:21 pm
According to Himochi Kouen, who is sitting here beside me - in Florida, for the record; a country in and of itself xd - the answer would be "YES". XD

He lived in Canada for upwards of 10 years, after moving there from Maine, and came down here to Florida a little over 2 years ago. So the lack of bookstores here - at the very least, around us, or perhaps in Florida - is actually kind of astounding to him. >~>*

Or, it could be that we simply live IN THE MIDDLE OF BUM-FARKING NO WHERE. X3  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:38 am
Wow O_O I also live in Florida and I think they have a good amount of bookstores.....Canada must own. surprised Good thing i'm going to visit there hopefully in winter. ^^ Hey does anyone know if S.D Perry or somebody is working on a novel for Resident Evil 4?  

BabyOil

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:01 pm
Ehh... I don't see why she would. I mean, unlike the previous RE games, Resident Evil 4 had a big narrative and was pretty linear. So it's not like, "I wonder which way this happened," or "I wonder which ending happened" so that she can make an interpretation of it.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:47 am
That, and I think Resident Evil 4 was just a sidebar adventure in the grand scheme of things. It just doesn't seem to be very important (besides the introduction of Saddler) in terms of the big-picture of Resident Evil.

Here's to hoping 5 fills in a ton of gaps...  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:49 pm
Either way, I'm pretty sure that Perry won't be writing anymore RE novels.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:55 pm
Yea, I think you're right, unfortunately. I really enjoyed her narritave... It's hard to find an author who can consistify (I made up a new word! yay!) an un-consistent storyline (meaning between requels and sequels and all that, keeping the characters in the same linear motion).

Oh well, let's see who will take up the slack.  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:00 pm
Perry should do novels based on some other video game series... Silent Hill? o.o

I also want to check out the Parasite Eve novel which has been only recently translated from Japanese.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:02 pm
It's been translated????

Thank GOD!

Where can I get it??? I've been waiting for this for YEARS.

I've been known to bust out Eve's aria in the halls of my department, and only the geeks know what it's from.... >.>  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:03 pm
Noice.
Umm, well all the book stores around me can ship it but none have it in stock, apparently it's not that popular, but you can always order it on Amazon, I'm pretty sure.  
::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games