Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
What could ruin Resident Evil? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Could Resident Evil ever be ruined?
  Yes
  Never
  Resident Evil 4
  Resident Evil Movies
  Other reason
View Results

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:04 pm
Yeah, but even Wesker hasn't been as cool after Umbrella Chronicles. They way they started writing for him, they turned him into a bond villain.
Got rid of the best voice actor to ever do Wesker: Richard Waugh
And then made his powers so fast that he practically teleports.
Kinda lamed him up.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:47 pm
yea i tottaly agree the old wesker voice is better,i tottaly agree with everythig u just said  

Blake Perren

Original Smoker

9,000 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Garcian Smith

Distinct Citizen

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:11 am
Wesker and Birkin used to remind me of Slade Wilson and Herbert West, if that makes since.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:30 pm
Garcian Smith
Wesker and Birkin used to remind me of Slade Wilson and Herbert West, if that makes since.

omg.......I think I'm the only one that gets that XD I looooove Deathstroke the Terminator. One of the few comic book characters I adore. Slade is damn cool. I thought I'd just mention that haha.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Garcian Smith

Distinct Citizen

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:14 am
ElenaMason
Garcian Smith

omg.......I think I'm the only one that gets that XD I looooove Deathstroke the Terminator. One of the few comic book characters I adore. Slade is damn cool. I thought I'd just mention that haha.

Yeah, but howabout William Birkin as Herbert West...
That's kinda cool, right?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:58 pm
Garcian Smith
ElenaMason
Garcian Smith

Yeah, but howabout William Birkin as Herbert West...
That's kinda cool, right?

definitely, only with dark hair xD  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Hatsumi Shinobi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:00 am
Personally, I think that the Resident Evil movies have ruined the reputation of the series. There's no canonicity with those movies. What the hell is with the whole "super badass Alice chick who kicks zombies around for the fun of it" crap? At the end of the first movie, when the Licker shows up, I was infuriated. I was expecting a good ol' T-002 Tyrant or a Hunter at the least. But no, we get a Licker, which isn't even a B.O.W. from legitimate Umbrella research. I'm not going into the 2nd and 3rd movies because i'll be at this all day. scream  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:50 pm
Hatsumi Shinobi
There's no canonicity with those movies.

And that's a bad thing? Think about it. I enjoy the movies because they don't follow the game storyline. What fun is a movie where you already know what to expect?

Hatsumi Shinobi
What the hell is with the whole "super badass Alice chick who kicks zombies around for the fun of it" crap?

Replace Alice with Leon, zombies with Ganados, and leave chick in there, and you have my gripe with RE4. Which, unfortunately, is part of the game storyline. Whereas the movies aren't. You can see my point.

Hatsumi Shinobi
I was expecting a good ol' T-002 Tyrant or a Hunter at the least.

Dunno how much easier it would be (if at all) to CG up a Hunter, but a Tyrant... low budget. The first movie anyway. With a bigger budget, that's why you see Nemesis in Apocalypse and, in fact, a Tyrant in Extinction.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Hatsumi Shinobi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:59 am
Canas Renvall
Hatsumi Shinobi
There's no canonicity with those movies.

And that's a bad thing? Think about it. I enjoy the movies because they don't follow the game storyline. What fun is a movie where you already know what to expect?

Even from the stand point of stand alone movies, they are still terrible. The acting is absolutely terrible. There isn't a solid plot. It's just another "gun 'em down zombie killer" movie.

Hatsumi Shinobi
What the hell is with the whole "super badass Alice chick who kicks zombies around for the fun of it" crap?

Replace Alice with Leon, zombies with Ganados, and leave chick in there, and you have my gripe with RE4. Which, unfortunately, is part of the game storyline. Whereas the movies aren't. You can see my point.

At least Leon doesn't have an arrogant attitude and is completely full of himself. Trust me, I don't like RE4 or RE5 either.

Hatsumi Shinobi
I was expecting a good ol' T-002 Tyrant or a Hunter at the least.

Dunno how much easier it would be (if at all) to CG up a Hunter, but a Tyrant... low budget. The first movie anyway. With a bigger budget, that's why you see Nemesis in Apocalypse and, in fact, a Tyrant in Extinction.

All three of those movies made enough money just to get by. Tyrant in Extinction was a complete push-over. They could've at least made an admirable fight between Alice and Tyrant. Nope, we get Alice, once again, kick the absolute s**t out of Tyrant like he was a rag doll. *cough**bullshit*. I will admit that the Nemesis in Resident Evil: Apocalypse was decently badass. However, they could've at least added a decent variety of monsters in the movies. Here's what we have to swallow: zombies, cerebus, crows, lickers, and lame excuses for crimson heads. Nemesis and Tyrant do not count since they are antangonistic characters.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:34 pm
Hatsumi Shinobi
At least Leon doesn't have an arrogant attitude and is completely full of himself. Trust me, I don't like RE4 or RE5 either.

Um, I don't know what RE4 you played, but I'm pretty sure he started being arrogant and full of himself around the time he said "Heh, monsters. Guess after this there'll be one less to worry about." in the presence of something that could (and if you fail to dodge, does) eat him whole.

Hatsumi Shinobi
All three of those movies made enough money just to get by.

RE: $102,441,078 - budget cost of $33,000,000 = $69,440,178
RE Apocalypse: $129,394,835 - budget cost of $45,000,000 = $84,394,835
RE Extinction: $147,737,834 - budget cost of $43,000,000 = $104,737,834

Total Revenue: $258,572,847

Two things:
1. Notice how the later two, with much higher budgets, still rake in tens of millions more than the original. They're gaining momentum with each release.
2. Pretty sure if your worst-selling movie still makes a net profit of $69.5m million, you're making more than enough "just to get by".

Sorry, but it's like RE4. You may hate it, but it sells.

For fans like me, that's a good thing. biggrin

As for variety... pretty sure with that budget you got a damn good amount.

-Hunters (of any form), like I said, with that budget they probably were too costly.
-Ivies wouldn't have made sense if the vegetation all died.
-Bandersnatches... wouldn't have made sense period. Those things didn't make sense to begin with.
-Webspinners, personally I don't feel like those would translate well into the movie. Seeing a giant spider suddenly drop into the city streets, or roaming the desert... no. Also, the cost thing again.
-Eliminators, same thing. It would be too random to see zombie monkeys running around the desert or city.

Whereas,
+Zombies. Obviously.
+Cerberus. How many dogs did you see today?
+Crows. See Cerberus, replace "dogs" with "birds".
+Crimson Heads. Mutated zombies, check REmake.
+Lickers. Mutated Crimson Heads, check files.

Pretty sure those are all the "normal" enemies. So in essence, you actually got half of the variety, the half that actually makes sense in context. So your argument is moot.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:01 pm
Well, not only that but...

-Ivies were a bit lame, IMO.
-Bandersnatches kinda lame too.
-Webspinners: what Canas said. Plus in terms of Web Spinners, bees, etc. originally, it's pretty obvious that Mikami said, "Let's just cram it with all the possible different kinds of horror movie monsters we could." Which made for an exciting video game, but would make the movies more campy than Evil Dead. And without Bruce Campbell, it's a losing formula.
-Eliminators were technicaly a Progenitor virus creature.

Hunters are the only truly signature Resident Evil creature that was missing from the movies. And even then, they're big mutates lizard type creatures, which wouldn't be right for the movies either. Lickers, and everything else that DID make it into the movies was all flesh based. I mean, a Licker does look like it used to be human at some point. Hunters just look too weird.

Besides, less variety is a good thing. Would you rather have a few less creatures in the movie? Or would you rather have a bunch of retarded El Gigantes and invisible insects that look like Sebulba from The Phantom Menace?

You might not like the movies, Hatsumi, but you have to admit, that, even if you think the movies are too removed from the original source. RE4 surpasses them drastically in terms of not being true to ANY aspect of its origins.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:21 pm
Canas Renvall

Just because they base the movie on the story of the videogames, doesn't mean you're gonna know exactly what to expect. They could change some s**t around. Plus, a lot of RE's chracters are under-developed. A movie could flesh-out and develop the characters a lot more. I, for one, think that would have been ******** cool. And if you're not gonna follow the canon, at least make a decent movie.

Canas Renvall

Okay. That still doesn't mean that the movies don't contain an over-powered main protagonist, backflipping off walls and matrix-style kicking zombie dogs and s**t, smashing a ******** flower pot over a zombies head and knocking it out. WTF? Beating the s**t out of Nemesis in a fist fight. ******** no. And this was before RE4 ever came to be. As I've said before, is this supposed to be a horror movie, or just a really shitty action flick? At least RE4 was a good action game. At least it entertained me. At least it didn't bore me to death in the down time where I wasn't screaming at the TV about how this piece of s**t is a disgrace to the good Resident Evil name.

Canas Renvall

They could've done a Hunter just as easily as a Licker. But you know, I'm glad the Hunter didn't show up. He's deserves better than that. All the monsters from the games do. And Nemesis looked corny as ******** in the movie, and his backstory was lame as ********. Just like the rest of the boring, stupid-a** plot with the stiff-as-cardboard characters with their shitty acting, and the over-the-top stunts, and the etc., etc., etc. ******** the movies; the movies suck.

And yay, the movies were profitable. So were the Backstreet Boys. They still suck. a**.  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:36 pm
Thee Stranger

Just because they base the movie on the story of the videogames, doesn't mean you're gonna know what to expect. They could change some s**t around. Plus, a lot of RE's chracters are under-developed. A movie could flesh-out and develop the characters a lot more. I, for one, think that would have been ******** cool. And if you're not gonna follow the canon, at make a decent movie.
Apocalypse was probably the worst in the trilogy, even though I still enjoyed it. But RE1 was an awesome action horror movie, and well worthy of Resident Evil. And even though Extinction was way more action centric than horror, it was still a kick a** movie. Best action movie of 2007, from what I've seen. And that includes Transformers and Spider-Man 3.

Thee Stranger

Okay. That still doesn't mean that the movies don't contain an over-powered main protagonist, backflipping off walls and matrix-style kicking zombie dogs and s**t, smashing a ******** flower pot over a zombies head and knocking it out. WTF? Beating the s**t out of Nemesis in a fist fight. ******** no. And this was before RE4 ever came to be. As I've said before, is this supposed to be a horror movie, or just a really shitty action flick? At least RE4 was a good action game. At least it entertained me. At least it didn't bore me to death in the down time where I wasn't screaming at the TV about how this piece of s**t is a disgrace to the good Resident Evil name.
Well, that's just a matter of opinion. I didn't find any of the RE movies boring at all.
And hey, it's not like running around looking for treasure to sell to the retarded merchant, desperately trying to keep Assley alive while endlessly grinding in RE4 were the most fun things in the world. It gives plenty of opportunity to scream at it, disgracing the RE name. And frankly, RE4 disgraced the name of Resident Evil a lot worse than the movies. I mean, by the time Extinction came out, even if you hated it, the most you could say is, "At least it's not as bad as RE4."

Thee Stranger

They could've done a Hunter just as easily as a Licker. But you know, I'm glad the Hunter didn't show up. He's desrves better than that. So do any of the monsters from the games. And Nemesis looked corny as ******** in the movie, and his backstory was lame as ********. Just like the rest of the boring, stupid-a** plot, the stiff-as-cardboard characters, the shitty acting, the over-the-top stunts, etc., etc. ******** the movies; the movies suck.

And yay, the movies were profitable. So were the Backstreet Boys. They still suck. a**.
The Backstreet boys had a few decent songs. That's the last time I admit to that.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:49 pm
- Well, since Transformers and Spider-Man 3 sucked too... that's not much bragging points.

- I had a pretty good time doing it. It wasn't Resident Evil, but it was fun. RE4 completely bastardized the name, yes, but the name was, as of yet, pretty much untarnished until the first movie came out. And I never saw a lame-a** laser corridor (that you guys looove to b***h about) or a White Queen computer AI in my RE games until those piece of s**t ******** movies happened. Now I'm not gonna go so far as to say that the movie was directly responsible for the likes of RE4, but it definitely helped. Its influence is there.

- Uhh, ermm... no comment.  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:09 pm
Thee Stranger
- Well, since Transformers and Spider-Man 3 sucked too... that's not much bragging points.

- I had a pretty good time doing it. It wasn't Resident Evil, but it was fun. RE4 completely bastardized the name, yes, but the name was, as of yet, pretty much untarnished until the first movie came out. And I never saw a lame-a** laser corridor (that you guys looove to b***h about) or a White Queen computer AI in my RE games until those piece of s**t ******** movies happened. Now I'm not gonna go so far as to say that the movie was directly responsible for the likes of RE4, but it definitely helped. Its influence is there.

- Uhh, ermm... no comment.
Yeah, so? The laser hall was a bit of an out there thing to put into the movie. I didn't say the first movie was PERFECT. But hey, I was 16 when I saw the movie, and I had the common sense to say, "Yeah, putting lasers into the games would NOT be a good idea." So you can blame the movies all you want, but ultimately, what it comes down to is that Mikami (and whatever douche bag designed Umbrella Chronicles) had less common sense than a 16 year old kid. And that's NOT the movie's fault.

And again, either way the movies are NOT canonically linked to the games. So even if I said, "Okay, that's not something the games would have" that didn't make it bad, it just meant that the movie was taking a bit of a different direction, which had no influence on what would happen in the games... If the games started out with a laser corridor, it's not like I would've said, "This game is lame." I mean, Dino Crisis had Lasers. Resident Evil games didn't. But I view the movies as almost a seperate franchise. A reimagining of what it could be. Like if you play the new Silent Hill... And b***h that it has ice in it, whereas the original didn't. It's not supposed to be a carbon copy of it. It's supposed to be a reimagining of the storyline, and yes, some liberties will be taken.
But still, the movie had the basic things that I loved about Resident Evil, you know my essentials for what made the game awesome. And it had horror, and it captured the game's atomsphere with the sets. Great zombie effects. Kick a** soundtrack. And even if you hate super-human Alice, she was still normal in the first movie. So I honestly don't see what people complain about.

But either way, it's subjective right? I can't wait for RE Afterlife. The movies are protifable. The new one is coming. And I at least have something to look forward to in terms of Resident Evil.

And I feel truly sorry for the people who hate the movies, because they have NOTHING to look forward to.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff