Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
For those who Dislike Resident Evil 4 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you hate resident evil 4
  Yes
  No
View Results

Baroque_murder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:28 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Vankala
I don't think I can agree with you any more than I do right now. RE5 is the same way, if not more so. It was obvious just from the trailers, but I watched the cutscenes, read spoilers, etc. tihnking maybe i might be wrong. But I wasn't wrong, and it makes me glad I didn't fork over $50+ for a game I was gonna regret buying and wasting time and money on. I don't care about Merc mode. That seems to be the only thing people really like from the game and I couldn't care less about it. What I care about is the story and the characters. And Capcom has ruined both for the series. That's why I refuse to play anymore "RE" games. There's no redeeming themselves. People can hope all they want. Capcom just cares about one thing and that's money. Nothing more. Whatever genre's popular at the time, that's what they're gonna go with, cuz it sells. Its sad and I hate it, but its what I've come to realize and I know there's no way Capcom is gonna go back to its survival horror roots. sad

Sorry for the rant. It started as just a comment on monky's post and just grew from there. sweatdrop
Can I get an AMEN!?

Amen ha ha  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:35 am
You know, I always rip on the stupid enemy designs and how much Las Plagas suck.
But I don't know why I didn't add this to my argument... And it may be that I was actually lucky enough to forget about it for a while, but something made me remember.

The game, has ******** ROBOTS as enemies!
A game that says it's Resident Evil has little robot spider things, and small versions of flying Hunter-Killerss from Terminator ripoffs as enemies!
You can give me that, "Parasites are technically a Biohazard" crap, but with robots running and flying around... I think it's pretty clear that Mikami was just pulling enemy ideas out of his a** at that point. "What HAVEN'T we tried to put in RE4?" "Zombies?" "No zombies! Resident Evil isn't a zombie game!" "Uhh... sir?" "Robots! I'm brilliant! This game is gonna show what true survival horror is about!"
I mean seriously, was the ******** were they thinking?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:15 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
You know, I always rip on the stupid enemy designs and how much Las Plagas suck.
But I don't know why I didn't add this to my argument... And it may be that I was actually lucky enough to forget about it for a while, but something made me remember.

The game, has ******** ROBOTS as enemies!
A game that says it's Resident Evil has little robot spider things, and small versions of flying Hunter-Killerss from Terminator ripoffs as enemies!
You can give me that, "Parasites are technically a Biohazard" crap, but with robots running and flying around... I think it's pretty clear that Mikami was just pulling enemy ideas out of his a** at that point. "What HAVEN'T we tried to put in RE4?" "Zombies?" "No zombies! Resident Evil isn't a zombie game!" "Uhh... sir?" "Robots! I'm brilliant! This game is gonna show what true survival horror is about!"
I mean seriously, was the ******** were they thinking?

I think they were thinking that since they the stupid noobish fans of RE were complaining so much they decide to cater to the 'It's too ******** scary' people. They thought robots would make them feel safer at night, that way they don't have nightmares and don't wet their pants. welcome to the new cnetury, the one where noobs will eventually rule the world with their stupid 'Mass Complaining'. Get ready people...*Brings out the anti-noob sniper rifle.* They're a coming and unless we go take the designers hostage they'll keep listening to the noobs.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:09 am
I like cheeseburgers, and RE4 is a gourmet cheeseburger, but I ordered a chicken sandwich. I like them both, but if I order a chicken sandwich, I expect a chicken sandwich. And I'm going to be upset if they give me a cheeseburger instead, regardless of if it's tasty or not.

And even more upset when our waiter tells us that Chicken Sandwiches are off the menu due to the much larger demand for Cheeseburgers. And that they are going to call this Cheeseburger a Chicken Sandwich to hopefully get some more sales from people who like Chicken Sandwiches.

(I don't remember robots at all in RE4, though. It's been a while since I played it, but I really have no recollection of robots whatsoever. And I think that'd be something I'd remember pretty vividly. I remember those bug things that went invisible, but they weren't mechanical.)  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:38 am
There was that one part on the island, I think a little before fighting Krauser, there's these robotic spiders that attack you, and explode when you shoot them, so you have to kill them from a distance.
And at some points, these bigger, flying robots would come out, and they'd explode too. It was just one area.
I'm pretty sure I didn't dream it up.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:59 am
No you didn't dream those up. I remember those too. I'd forgotten, but i remember now that you mention them.  

Vankala

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:06 pm
Yeah, I don't know what made me remember that part, but it's pretty counterprogressive. Since it's a game I'm trying to forget.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:38 pm
Hmm... I don't remember that at all. I'm gonna have to go back and play it again sometime to refresh my memory. But that's not too high on my list of priorities. And if I'm going to play a Third Person Shooter Resident Evil game again, I just assume go back to RE5 before RE4.  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:46 pm
Well, quite frankly, I'd consider myself lucky if I repressed it. Which I did, but I think catching a screenshot of Darkside Chronicles jogged my memory for some reason. Seein Krauser in a desert like setting, I think it was a desert, immediately made robots pop into my head.
Either way, to replay the game just to remember it... I mean, why? That's like rewatching Vanilla Sky because you can't remember how pretentious it was.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:00 pm
You could never forget RE4, no matter how hard you tried. Face it, you're scarred for life. You're only hope now is that you can find the Men in Black so Will Smith can flashy thing you. Like I said, it's not a high priority... but maybe someday down the road, I'll have to re-live the nightmare. Just basically to remember what I liked and hated about it. Especially considering the fact that it comes up a lot in internet forum discussion, I should know my s**t.  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:09 pm
First of all, no, maybe I'll never forget it. But until I was reminded, that robot part completely left my head. Even now, I had to second guess myself, and get a confirmation from Vankala, because it seems like a bad dream. I mean, dumb parasites are one thing, but I'm saying, "In Resident Evil 4, there are these robot spiders, and flying robot things that explode when you shoot them... Wait a second... That doesn't sound right, even for RE4."
So I'm definitely forgetting SOME things about it.

Second, I'm kinda hoping that with time, people are just gonna stop giving a s**t, and not discuss RE4 anymore. It's a lost cause I know, because people worship that game like it gave them their first orgasm, but still... People aren't exactly having big, detailed discussions about The Matrix. Did it do something new and cool for movies? Hell yeah, just by the sheer amount of bullet time parodies and 'homages' that it got. Kinda like RE4, having all the horror games and their mothers trying to do the over the shoulder thing. But the point is, ten years later, nobody really has long detailed discussions about The Matrix. Or even about how the sequels were a bit disappointing.

Anywho, I'm hoping that a few years down the line, people will stop talking about RE4, period.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:31 am
Biohazard EXTREME

Anywho, I'm hoping that a few years down the line, people will stop talking about RE4, period.

Hoping against hope... such an endearing human trait, I'm touched... really.

I honestly don't think RE4 will ever NOT be on the talking table. It was, unfortunately, insanely popular with the masses. It's a moneymaker. Do I like that? Hell no, but I can choose not to care all that much. Except for Krauser. I like him.  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:35 am
Well, as long as people insist that "RE4 is the best thing to happen to survival horror" I will be there to knock them down on their dumb, noob asses.
Wherever someone says, "RE4 is scary" I'll be there with a copy of Silent Hill 3.
Wherever some idiot says, "Wanna shoot some zombies in RE4?" I'LL BE THERE, to kick them in the nuts/punch them in the tits!
I'll be there!!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:01 pm
I like playing resi 4. I don't HATE it but it's kinda a pointless game. Of course, loving re2 as much as i did i had to play it to see Ada. It's a fun game but it isn't scary... at all. And it isn't a zombie game.

You might as well play Call Of Duty because it has the same basic idea. Killing people with almost no sense of difficulty.  

Elaineybrainey

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:10 pm
Except I'm pretty sure that in Call of Duty, if for whatever reason, the enemy soldier is out of ammo and wants to attack you at close range, he isn't gonna run up, stop 10 feet away from you and then slowly and sluggishly approach you before attacking.

It's pretty sad that parts of a T-Rated adventure game like Uncharted: Drake's Fortune can get more scary than any part of RE4.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff