Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 498 499 500 501 502 503 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

soumakisa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:59 pm

× oh.. i dont think there are any hot guys in transformers.. XD
    i do think the girl is pretty..

apparently my bf doesnt like transformers.. but most pple said it's nice.

i want to watch 'the simpsons' and 'rataoulie'...

'the girl who leapt through time' is also a good japanese animation movie.. but think it's not showing in the cinemas anymore. lol. (it's however available for download on the net.. ninja )

Ahahaha.

Tosh can use her powers and get the 1st post too.

XD

ninja <3
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:20 pm

Sucks no asian movie theatres here. stare

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Chibito7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:10 am

Minielf
Damn, there's still a lot of awesome movies I want to watch, but can't. First Transformers. Whilst the string of negative reviews on the internet have sort of dampened my enthusiasm I still want to see it just to look at the transformations. Transformers: The Animated Movie is still one of my favourites.
Second Simpsons: This is the movie I really want to see. Along with my brother. I haven't heard about it being released here but then again I haven't read much of the cinema listings.
Third Harry Potter: My brother and I always went to see the new Harry Potter movie as soon it came out, but I'm not so sure about Order of the Phoenix. It seems they cut out massive amounts of chapters from the book, especially some of the chapters that were my favourite.

1) Transformers: What I've heard about it from mouth is that the film is very good, but it doesn't base it at all on what happens in the cartoon; so that side of things was disappointing. I expected it to be like the cartoons myself, with Optimus Prime and wotnot.

2) The Simpsons: It's a very short film. Coupled with adverts and trailers beforehand, my brother was in the cinema for approximately an hour and a half, meaning the film was about an hour. Ken said it was like an extended episode. confused Aside from what Ken has told me though, I haven't heard much else about it. Everyone will watch it, despite how good or bad it is though. xd

3) Harry Potter: If you've read the books, and you've read number five thoroughly and love it to bits, I think this film will yet again be a disappointment. Plainly because yet again they change things and miss out so many important details. They do leave the obvious things, but ya know, it's not the same... For those who've read the books, the films will never be that good; or maybe that's just me. sweatdrop But personally (and in general from what most people have said to me) the film was the best so far; best acting, best scenes, etc. Luna and Umbridge are acted out really well. 3nodding Despite it being disappointing in one area, it's acceptable in others.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:00 am

OMG This Chatterbox has hit the 500th Page!!!!! eek eek (Grr Kisa got the first post stare )

Babi: Are you still living in Hong Kong, or in a different country? Hong Kong should have tons of asian cinemas and tons of asian movies playing at any times. But if you are talking about Britain, America or Australia, then of course there'd be hardly any asian movie theatres.

Minielf

` T a p i o c a `

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:00 am

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.B&B - HP 5 movie sucked Too much talking in it =/
But I loved the Umbridge parts =3 Oh and some Luna parts >.< Good acting <3

And yeah, I hate the ads at the beginning. Me and my friends sat there for 30 mins waiting for HP 5 to start Dx
But the Simpsons ads were kinda worth it >.<

They better not show hundreds of adds for Tales of the Earthsea or I'll be peed off >.>
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:22 am

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
-agrees with Sapphire-

OoP did suck. DD<

Didn't the twins open their shop in the 5th?

I still like their fireworks thing though.

o 3o <33

I wanna see Chuck and Larry.

=3='''

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

[.Mihiko-chan.]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:35 am

Minielf
OMG This Chatterbox has hit the 500th Page!!!!! eek eek (Grr Kisa got the first post stare )

Babi: Are you still living in Hong Kong, or in a different country? Hong Kong should have tons of asian cinemas and tons of asian movies playing at any times. But if you are talking about Britain, America or Australia, then of course there'd be hardly any asian movie theatres.

I think Babi lives in America.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:55 am

Sadly, Babi lives in Canada.

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

[.Mihiko-chan.]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:05 pm

Oh yeah.. xDD
I remember him saying something about "us canadians"..
xDD Oopps. .. ><
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:03 pm

Minielf

Canada, but I'd say Hong Kong theatres isn't as big and nice as here. mrgreen

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Minielf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:39 pm

Yeah, but you were complaining about there being no Asian movies. Well, what do you expect in a place like Canada? As if there's a large population of expat chinese living where you are. blaugh You're better off buying asian movies at dvd shops.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:50 pm

Minielf
Yeah, but you were complaining about there being no Asian movies. Well, what do you expect in a place like Canada? As if there's a large population of expat chinese living where you are. blaugh You're better off buying asian movies at dvd shops.

Yeah true... xp but Richmond is...more than 80% population in Richmond/Vancouver is...I want move there so bad...just like Toronto and their Markham Place...not sure about Richmond Hill...anyone know about Toronto...damn where's charlie haha~

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:28 pm

I thought there were loads of Chinese people in Canada?

It's so damn hot here. Temp has been hovering around 36-38degC. It reached 41.3 somewhere apparently... burning_eyes
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:54 pm

Niphz
I thought there were loads of Chinese people in Canada?

It's so damn hot here. Temp has been hovering around 36-38degC. It reached 41.3 somewhere apparently... burning_eyes

Yeah, but I think what Elf meant is like since it's not like Hong Kong/China were almost everyone is chinese...it's not a surprise that there's no chinese cinemas in Canada since 'not' everyone is chinese, like Hong Kong.

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

[.Mihiko-chan.]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:55 pm

yeahh. In Richmond there're lots of Chinese. =)
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 498 499 500 501 502 503 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games