Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 500 501 502 503 504 505 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:22 pm

Chibito7
@Niph: Nope, haven't seen the Je t'aime one, but I've seen Curse of the Golden Flower. It was awfully tragic. whee

And I was under the impression there were loads of Chinese in Canada. But that doesn't mean you'll get Asian films. I go to HK and buy them or something. 3nodding

lol, I know...and you can buy asian films here too, or download. xp

@kt: Yeah, I kind of wanting to watch it... mrgreen

@t0sh: Yeah, Markham is Toronto's asian territory and Richmond is ours...is Richmond Hill asian loads? sweatdrop
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:00 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I wanted to watch Curse of the golden flower but I was underaged >.>

Sin - OMG <3 I wanna watch I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry <3
It loooks well good~
Haha, have to cancel my shopping spree now ._______.

There like hardly any chinese peeps here in Ippy o.<
Cos most of em are rich snobs going to St Joe's >.>

` T a p i o c a `

Minielf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:18 pm

I haven't seen Curse of the Golden Flower yet. Isn't it based on one of those Tang dynasty stories?
In any case, it isn't really genuine Chinese cinema, since it's been stylised and simplified for English audiences. Zhang Yimou's previous works, like Hero or House of Flying Daggers were like that too. The films that generally appear at the box offices in Hong Kong or China almost nevet make it overseas.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:55 pm

I'm gonna go CRAZYYYY.
So one of my friends that I have been DYING TO SEE (and probably the real main reason why I even want to go on the trip) bails out on us. Pretty bad with that fact alone, because I was really looking forward to seeing him. Plus the whole trip just isn't much without him. We don't really have a "replacement" so then we'll have a group of 5. Can't really do THAT much with a group of 5 together. We'd most likely be split up half the time. The dinner afterwards is gonna be pretty boring too. So pretty much, I'm kinda feeling not to go on the trip either. It just seems like a waste of $55+ for me to spend if I'm not really gonna have that much fun on the trip. -__-;

User Image

xoCrow

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:39 pm

Minielf
I haven't seen Curse of the Golden Flower yet. Isn't it based on one of those Tang dynasty stories?
In any case, it isn't really genuine Chinese cinema, since it's been stylised and simplified for English audiences. Zhang Yimou's previous works, like Hero or House of Flying Daggers were like that too. The films that generally appear at the box offices in Hong Kong or China almost nevet make it overseas.

Yeah, thanks for clarifying what I tried to say. xd
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:44 am

Minielf

Yeah, I think Curse Of The Golden Flower was meant to be based on them, or something like that. Jay Chou can act better than I thought he could; personally I think he makes a better actor than singer, but then again, I've never been too keen on his music, lol. Anyway, the film is pretty typical, but it wasn't too bad. It's quite similiar to House of Flying Daggers, if you don't think about the colours they use. Hero will always be one of my favourite films though. 3nodding

Chibito7

[.Mihiko-chan.]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:48 am

Ehmm I might not be here that much anymore. >< I'm sorry!!! T______T
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:27 pm

[.Mihiko-chan.]
Ehmm I might not be here that much anymore. >< I'm sorry!!! T______T

How come? No reasons? confused

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

mewonthefreeway

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:35 pm

I saw House of Flying Daggers before....I had nightmares for like a week burning_eyes
Some part where a lady's head comes out of nowhere... crying burning_eyes
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:40 pm

mewonthefreeway
I saw House of Flying Daggers before....I had nightmares for like a week burning_eyes

It's not scary though?

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

mymiridon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:22 pm

Chibito7
Minielf

Yeah, I think Curse Of The Golden Flower was meant to be based on them, or something like that. Jay Chou can act better than I thought he could; personally I think he makes a better actor than singer, but then again, I've never been too keen on his music, lol. Anyway, the film is pretty typical, but it wasn't too bad. It's quite similiar to House of Flying Daggers, if you don't think about the colours they use. Hero will always be one of my favourite films though. 3nodding

What's this curse of the Golden flower about. Is this Jay Chou person in it? I have house of flying daggers on dvd... It was ... not what i expected. Hero was good though.

@babi: ... you grammar... it's really bad.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:09 pm

mymiridon
Chibito7
Minielf

What's this curse of the Golden flower about. Is this Jay Chou person in it? I have house of flying daggers on dvd... It was ... not what i expected. Hero was good though.

@babi: ... you grammar... it's really bad.

lol, how. =_= Don't worry, I'll brush up once I get to University! razz

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

mewonthefreeway

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:30 pm

[Bab! Co.]
mewonthefreeway

It's not scary though?

I think it was some part where a dead lady's head came out of nowhere. burning_eyes
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:53 pm

mewonthefreeway
[Bab! Co.]
mewonthefreeway

It's not scary though?

I think it was some part where a dead lady's head came out of nowhere. burning_eyes

Oh, that! rofl It was spooky, but kinda funny. lol

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

mewonthefreeway

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:59 pm

[Bab! Co.]
mewonthefreeway
[Bab! Co.]
mewonthefreeway

It's not scary though?

Oh, that! rofl It was spooky, but kinda funny. lol

I think it was when the guy went up the mountain or something..I remember a tree in the background...
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 500 501 502 503 504 505 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games