Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 503 504 505 506 507 508 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:42 am
Why thank you! 3nodding It's got the manual and nice case and everything. :XP: I'm listening to the OST and unreleased tracks to celebrate. razz  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:05 am
Lol, Yay for Canas!

I can't wait to finish SH4 and then play SH1. biggrin  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

MarthVader_64-0

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:03 am
I haven't played any Silent Hill games. I take it they're good?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:53 am
Of course! 3nodding  

MadamTarantula

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:55 pm
They're scarier than Resident Evil by a longshot. It's basically a scarier version of a J-horror movie. And the storyline follows two main arcs, the one from Origins/1/3 and the one from 2/4. Homecoming is kind of a blending of the two with elements similar to or directly from both arcs (Bio knows what I'm talking about). One arc is about a cult trying to birth God (who happens to be a demon) from Origins/1/3, the other from 2/4 is about... well, I don't want to give anything away. We'll just say a descent into insanity. biggrin

2 and Homecoming have amazing storylines that could rival some of Stephen King's earlier works. Well, maybe not Homecoming (though it comes close), but 2 was just so twisted and messed up. 3 though, in my opinion, is the scariest game. I love 2 the most though. It's scary and its story is just... crazy. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:15 pm
I think I'll go buy and play MGS2 and a SH2 today...Two great games from two great series, how can today possibly go wrong?

EDIT (5 seconds later): Oh no!!! It went WRONG!!! Guh, *deep breathing* I'm holed up in my room...There, there seems to be *deep breathing* a zombie invasion going on...Gun shots...Outside is unsafe, inside is a death trap *deep breathing* One was outside the window...I need to try to get to the attic *deep breathing* Only safe place...Got a hunting knife in my drawer...............First attempt failed, bit, chunk missing from my neck...bleeding, on monitor, dead in time, seconds...Never wen't to Paris, end in sight anyw...Can't type anymor.......

Yeah, I'm pretty bored I think I'll go get those games now ha ha...  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:29 pm
Canas Renvall
They're scarier than Resident Evil by a longshot. It's basically a scarier version of a J-horror movie. And the storyline follows two main arcs, the one from Origins/1/3 and the one from 2/4. Homecoming is kind of a blending of the two with elements similar to or directly from both arcs (Bio knows what I'm talking about). One arc is about a cult trying to birth God (who happens to be a demon) from Origins/1/3, the other from 2/4 is about... well, I don't want to give anything away. We'll just say a descent into insanity. biggrin

2 and Homecoming have amazing storylines that could rival some of Stephen King's earlier works. Well, maybe not Homecoming (though it comes close), but 2 was just so twisted and messed up. 3 though, in my opinion, is the scariest game. I love 2 the most though. It's scary and its story is just... crazy. xd

Except they're COOLER than J-Horror movies, because the characters are American, and so the culture is a lot more relevant to us.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:28 pm
Canas Renvall

I see. surprised
I'll have to check it out sometime. My brother has Origins, so I guess I could start with that one. =P  

MarthVader_64-0

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:33 pm
If you get SH2 on PS2, get the Greatest Hits version! Tons of extra stuff! More endings, a side-story involving a character in the game, etc. biggrin

And I agree, come to think of it. They take the scares of J-horror and put American culture into it. Which is awesome, especially with the music. Instead of some J-pop singer, Akira had the sense to get an American voice actress. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:51 pm
Why do you say the SH series is mostly J-horror? From what I've seen so far there is way more Clive Barker influences in it then J-horror, such as Hellraiser and Weaveworld like creatures and a much more dense atmosphere then most J-horror movies have; rather it's like Midnight Meat Train and Candyman dense...Pyramid Head is such a Barker creation, I swear it was ripped from his head. The nurses are the only J-horror things I've really seen thus far...

I was not able to find any of the SH games, so I got Manhunt instead...I'll keep looking though! By the way, Metal Gear Solid 2 is awesome!!!  

King of Paradise

MarthVader_64-0

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:07 pm
Canas Renvall
If you get SH2 on PS2, get the Greatest Hits version! Tons of extra stuff! More endings, a side-story involving a character in the game, etc. biggrin

And I agree, come to think of it. They take the scares of J-horror and put American culture into it. Which is awesome, especially with the music. Instead of some J-pop singer, Akira had the sense to get an American voice actress. biggrin

Okay, thank you. 3nodding

Now I just need to find them. =_=  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:26 pm
Macabre Exude
Canas Renvall

Okay, thank you. 3nodding

Now I just need to find them. =_=
Yeah... Good luck with that. Especially at a good price. Ebay. Make friends with it.

Edit:

Another memorable quote from the Spider-Man game. This is what Wolverine says about Spider-Man's black suit.
"You look like one of those emo kiddies they got all over the internet..."  

Biohazard EXTREME

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:39 am
I didn't like the 3rd Spiderman Movie. I mean sure you need to focus on the story and somehow introduce Gwen and Venom, but they didn't have to make him look emo, I mean seriously the hair reminds me of Leon...Wait, does that mean Leon's emo? I can see it now.

Ada: Leon, what are you doing?
Leon: I'm writing a depressing letter about how girls don't like me.
Ada: What the ******** are you talking about?! You could've done it with Claire and me in Raccoon City, also not to mention Ashley a while ago, which has been kidnapped again. However, no you're too gay to realize I have jugs. Actually I'm glad you didn't screw me.
Leon: Why are you being so mean to me?*cries*
Ada: That's right cry you stupid emo. I'll save Ashley on my own.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:42 am
I thought him looking emo was clever: spoofing all the "dramatics" we have today...What I like about emos is that they can't accept that they are emo, they always have to feel non-conformed or something, f**king *Explicit deleted*...Sorry, but I really hate them, they took away a couple of my buds. Bastards...  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:53 am
Yeah, the third movie was my favorite. Coolest villain. And you get to see Kirsten Dunst get smacked.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 503 504 505 506 507 508 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games