Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 504 505 506 507 508 509 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:21 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Does it take a lot of time to click on all the emotes?

.___.;;

OO: Babi.

Is it time to fire up the grill again? 8DD <3

-squirts barbeque sauce-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:57 pm
Emote clicking is really easy..and fast too mrgreen biggrin smile redface crying stare scream gonk blaugh 3nodding xd stressed sweatdrop heart domokun scream xp eek surprised sad sad wink whee confused cool lol mad razz exclaim rolleyes twisted evil cry question idea arrow neutral mrgreen talk2hand pirate rofl 4laugh ninja burning_eyes cheese_whine dramallama wahmbulance emo burning_eyes
Although I don't click as neatly as Babi  

mewonthefreeway

Minielf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:32 pm
Chibito7
@Mini: Ooooh yeah. My parents are that bad. Having grown up in a white community with friends whose parents let them roam the streets freely, they find it surprising why I think they're not normal. xd When I was younger, they wouldn't let me out of the house and onto the streets without a parent, or go out with my friends without a responsible adult. The latter was too ridiculous, being a girl of fourteen and having to be looked after by a parent when your friends of course don't drag their parents out too. So I lied a lot about that. My mum also checks who I'm going out with... Just to make sure it's not some boy. She caught me with one guy once in a pack of girls, and was adamant on knowing who he was - he was just the boyfriend of one of my friends. Heh.

My mum's excuse for deciding my shower times is so the whole family unit revolves nicely. rolleyes Yep, my parents still drive me to school - have been to doing so every day of my school life since I was born. Sixteen years. 3nodding I don't complain about that too much, but if I had taken the bus, meeting guys would've been easier for a girl like me in an all girls' school. I prefer hanging out with guys generally. My brother wants to take the bus a lot though, has argued about it frequently. My parents relent more on him though since he's second and he's a boy... Safe and stuff, etc. They've sorta learnt through me they can't control everything. They are slacking a bit now, letting me walk on my own ONCE (ahaha), but generally, it's better... So as of yet, I can't complain. xd

@Mew: Um, yeah, I think I understood what you said. xd

Wow, your parents are really conservative and traditional aren't they? rofl Are they catholics or buddhists? Because only a pair of very devout and religious parents would restrict their child's movements even when she grows up. I agree it's ridiculous that your mum requires you to have an adult by yourself whenever you go out. She still thinks you can't take care of yourself and that you might be vulnerable to strangers right? Well, that sort of thinking is not a way to teach you independence. You said it yourself that you've never been a really independent person, which eventually you're going to need to be. Unless you parents want you to stay with them until you're in your 30s. blaugh xd I think one reason why your mum doesn't want to leave her side is the age old Chinese fear of women leaving their familes and joining their husband's once they're married. Your mum is afraid that you won't be there to look after her once she becomes old, right?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:08 am
t0shi0
Does it take a lot of time to click on all the emotes?

.___.;;

OO: Babi.

Is it time to fire up the grill again? 8DD <3

-squirts barbeque sauce-

Is it me or something is really burning. blaugh  

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Chibito7

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:39 am
Minielf
Wow, your parents are really conservative and traditional aren't they? rofl Are they catholics or buddhists? Because only a pair of very devout and religious parents would restrict their child's movements even when she grows up. I agree it's ridiculous that your mum requires you to have an adult by yourself whenever you go out. She still thinks you can't take care of yourself and that you might be vulnerable to strangers right? Well, that sort of thinking is not a way to teach you independence. You said it yourself that you've never been a really independent person, which eventually you're going to need to be. Unless you parents want you to stay with them until you're in your 30s. blaugh xd I think one reason why your mum doesn't want to leave her side is the age old Chinese fear of women leaving their familes and joining their husband's once they're married. Your mum is afraid that you won't be there to look after her once she becomes old, right?

Yeah, they're pretty conservative, but they're not too religious. They're buddhists, but not particularly strict. It's just that they're so paranoid and worried I'll get murdered or kidnapped, etc, out there in the real world. They've babied me a lot over the last sixteen years, hence why I'm so dependent. *sigh* Sometimes too much love is bad, ne? I want to become independent, another reason I want to move out ASAP. It'll be hard for me, I know that already. But I'm prepared to do it. 3nodding

And possibly, I'm not sure. I will look after them, of course, so I personally don't see why they should be worried. confused It could be a possibility my mum is worried about that, but I doubt it.

And what's with all the emoticon clicking? xd

ninja ninja ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:32 am
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaa !!! =] random. domokun  

ChinKeyy!!..

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:00 am
@Babi: It's just you. ;D

-pours light fluids-

-revs up chainsaw-

So, tell me Babi.

Which part of you tastes the best? 8D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:44 am
rofl rofl I'd be surprised if he knew...but then again..I'm surprised his tastiest parts weren't eaten yet  

mewonthefreeway

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:13 pm
t0shi0
@Babi: It's just you. ;D

-pours light fluids-

-revs up chainsaw-

So, tell me Babi.

Which part of you tastes the best? 8D

p***s! blaugh *Runs....*  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:43 pm
Chibito7
Minielf

Yeah, they're pretty conservative, but they're not too religious. They're buddhists, but not particularly strict. It's just that they're so paranoid and worried I'll get murdered or kidnapped, etc, out there in the real world. They've babied me a lot over the last sixteen years, hence why I'm so dependent. *sigh* Sometimes too much love is bad, ne? I want to become independent, another reason I want to move out ASAP. It'll be hard for me, I know that already. But I'm prepared to do it. 3nodding

And possibly, I'm not sure. I will look after them, of course, so I personally don't see why they should be worried. confused It could be a possibility my mum is worried about that, but I doubt it.

And what's with all the emoticon clicking? xd

ninja ninja ninja

Surely they can't be still paranoid about you being murdered or kidnapped, can they? They should have at least taught you a lot of basic life skills that would allow you to fend for yourself if you ever get into a sticky situation on your own. If they haven't then they really are too overprotective. In the nursing home where I work at, there's a bunch of 20 year old mentally disabled guys whose parents still dote on them even though they're fully grown adults. As a result they still act like teenagers and expect everyone to give them money and things whenever they beg for them. If your parents are still babying yoy now then it's going to be hard for you to cope in the outside world. I'm sure you know that fact very well too, so I think it's best you start disobeying your mother and standing up for yourself whenever she tries to be too overprotective. You shouldn't assume that everything they teach you is right. I learnt that lesson the hard way with my mum; I kept on obeying whatever she said when I was a child and as a result now I'm reluctant to act openly in front of others.  

Minielf

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:31 pm
Y'know, the genitals of certain animals are delicacies.

;D <3

It must be true for a pig too.

-chases-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:47 pm
@ tosh and babi: AHAHA. lol. -amused- xd

kt_jingle

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:54 pm
t0shi0
Y'know, the genitals of certain animals are delicacies.

;D <3

It must be true for a pig too.

-chases-

I know you want a lick, but its not my time to turn transexual, yet! *Catch me if you can~ domokun *  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:22 am
Minielf
Surely they can't be still paranoid about you being murdered or kidnapped, can they? They should have at least taught you a lot of basic life skills that would allow you to fend for yourself if you ever get into a sticky situation on your own. If they haven't then they really are too overprotective. In the nursing home where I work at, there's a bunch of 20 year old mentally disabled guys whose parents still dote on them even though they're fully grown adults. As a result they still act like teenagers and expect everyone to give them money and things whenever they beg for them. If your parents are still babying yoy now then it's going to be hard for you to cope in the outside world. I'm sure you know that fact very well too, so I think it's best you start disobeying your mother and standing up for yourself whenever she tries to be too overprotective. You shouldn't assume that everything they teach you is right. I learnt that lesson the hard way with my mum; I kept on obeying whatever she said when I was a child and as a result now I'm reluctant to act openly in front of others.

Unfortunately, they are. They think everyone's in danger. rolleyes I'm not spoilt and babied in the sense I get what I want - not anymore. It helps that my personality isn't like that much, I don't ask for anything, but I'm afraid to say my brother is probably more so. My parents are too soft sometimes about that kind of stuff, but too hard on other things, like my independency, which they probably don't realise they're restraining. confused I don't want to disobey my mother in the sense that I do not wish to have another argument with her. One of my main reasons for leaving Gaia for a whole year was because I was neck-high in work to do for my exams during school time, and my parents would scream and yell at me to work rather than go online, and then I'd have another huge argument with them, and that depressed the heck outta me. Gosh, it really did (ask Toki for proof, I owe that guy big time xd ). I don't want to become depressed, therefore I do not want to have an argument with my parents. I know I hurt them with my words, and they have no idea how much their words hurt me. That's why I want to avoid confrontation as much as possible, but it doesn't work, because I get so frustrated with my parents and then can't help but argue back, even though I'm praying in my head to not lose control.

Everything they do irks me nowadays. They tell me to do something, my eyebrow twitches. Literally. I just can't stand it anymore, and they don't get it. They think I'm too sensitive. rolleyes Christ. I need to live somewhere else where people don't cramp my style. xd

@Babi and Tosh: Play nicely now. wink Oh, and Tosh, bring me back some of Babi's... um... head, will ya? ninja Here's a chainsaw if you have any problems with whacking it off. *hands chainsaw over* twisted  

Chibito7

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:45 am
It's okay Babi~

We'll get wiim to give you a sex change.

Just drop your pants.

DD<

@B&B: Roger. 8D

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 504 505 506 507 508 509 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games