Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
What could ruin Resident Evil? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Could Resident Evil ever be ruined?
  Yes
  Never
  Resident Evil 4
  Resident Evil Movies
  Other reason
View Results

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:35 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Yeah, so? The laser hall was a bit of an out there thing to put into the movie. I didn't say the first movie was PERFECT. But hey, I was 16 when I saw the movie, and I had the common sense to say, "Yeah, putting lasers into the games would NOT be a good idea." So you can blame the movies all you want, but ultimately, what it comes down to is that Mikami (and whatever douche bag designed Umbrella Chronicles) had less common sense than a 16 year old kid. And that's NOT the movie's fault.

Yeah, it is. Had the movie not happened, it wouldn't have happened in the game. And it was just as, if not more retarded in the movie as it was in the games. And I don't see how that s**t is perfectly acceptable in your Resident Evil movies... how you can like that in your Resident Evil movies, but hate it your Resident Evil games.

Biohazard EXTREME
And again, either way the movies are NOT canonically linked to the games. So even if I said, "Okay, that's not something the games would have" that didn't make it bad, it just meant that the movie was taking a bit of a different direction, which had no influence on what would happen in the games... If the games started out with a laser corridor, it's not like I would've said, "This game is lame." I mean, Dino Crisis had Lasers. Resident Evil games didn't. But I view the movies as almost a seperate franchise. A reimagining of what it could be. Like if you play the new Silent Hill... And b***h that it has ice in it, whereas the original didn't. It's not supposed to be a carbon copy of it. It's supposed to be a reimagining of the storyline, and yes, some liberties will be taken.

I'm not opposed to lasers in Resident Evil. Stupid laser corridors that people have to backflip and dodge around straight out of that shitty movie is what I'm opposed to. And yes, I know it's not canonically linked. I'm well aware, and thank god for that. But they still have the Resident Evil name. They are involved with Resident Evil. And if I told someone who had only seen the shitty movies that were "based" on the game franchise that I'm a big RE fan, they'd think I'm into something completely retarded. Because I know I'd think the same thing. And any movie they would have made out of it wouldn't be canonically linked to the games, unless it was something like Degeneration, which was released as a sequel.

And the movies are a shitty reimagining. It's a shitty Matrix movie with some Resident Evil s**t tacked on to it. That's all that piece of s**t is. They're all complete wastes of film and time.

Biohazard EXTREME
But still, the movie had the basic things that I loved about Resident Evil, you know my essentials for what made the game awesome. And it had horror, and it captured the game's atomsphere with the sets. Great zombie effects. Kick a** soundtrack.

Well, maybe for you. For me, it just was just a mere hollow shell of the things I liked about Resident Evil. Kinda like Umbrella Chronicles was for you. It had Umbrella and zombies, but they were lame. They were tacked on to something lame. Something... Matrix. It did not have horror, it did not capture the atmosphere of the games, and I don't remember the soundtrack... probably because the movies are completely forgettable pieces of s**t.

Biohazard EXTREME
And even if you hate super-human Alice, she was still normal in the first movie. So I honestly don't see what people complain about.

Irony at its best. And even if you hate special agent Leon, he was still normal in RE2. So I honestly don't see what you're complaining about.

But no, that b***h was never normal. Normal people couldn't run along and off of a ******** wall and roundhouse kick a cerberus in the ******** head and kill it. That's just not even ********' practical. It's just an excuse for a trendy, now cliche, action effect. And some of the s**t she pulls off in those movies puts super-agent Leon to shame. Seriously, THIS. I mean, come on dude. What the ********. First off, how the ******** did she get her motorcycle up there to the top of the church? Did she ride it up a ********' tree? Secondly, with that glass stained window, how would she know what was on the other side? Or where the Licker was, or exactly where to land so she wouldn't smash into a pew or something? I mean, did she blueprint this s**t out beforehand? And how the ******** could she land that bike like that? And that's just the tip of the iceburg in a whole scene that is just straight up stupidly impossible. I don't care how super-powered she is, you can't defy physics and gravity. Well, that's just because this is the Matrix and Alice is The One. But, yes. That was truly some scary s**t. The RE movies are horror as ********. And you know, at least RE4 Leon had personality. He didn't put me to sleep with his stiff dialogue and shitty acting.

Biohazard EXTREME
But either way, it's subjective right? I can't wait for RE Afterlife. The movies are protifable. The new one is coming. And I at least have something to look forward to in terms of Resident Evil.

I'm the one who told you that. xd And it's true, I'm glad you can have something to look forward to RE-related. And yeah, it all subjective, but it's just that whenever someone expresses their negative views on the movie, Canas or... well, Canas will jump their s**t about it. So I'm doing the same. Yes, there are many valid reasons to hate the Resident Evil movies. We know it's not canon, that isn't the issue. And scrapping Umbrella and everything is one thing, but bitching about over-powered main characters, being too action-heavy, and laser corridors and s**t when the movies you love so much started all that crap to begin with is just hypocritical. I don't care if it's not canon. It's still Resident Evil.

Biohazard EXTREME
And I feel truly sorry for the people who hate the movies, because they have NOTHING to look forward to.

I still look forward to the games, somewhat.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:30 pm
Thee Stranger
Yeah, it is. Had the movie not happened, it wouldn't have happened in the game. And it was just as, if not more retarded in the movie as it was in the games. And I don't see how that s**t is perfectly acceptable in your Resident Evil movies... how you can like that in your Resident Evil movies, but hate it your Resident Evil games.
Because the RE games... And I'm talking about RE1, 2, 3, Code Veronica, Survivor, Outbreak... Six games at least... And even after the movie came out, RE0, all helped establish the artificial universe. In which there are certain things, and certain things, there aren't. It's one thing if the first Resident Evil game had a laser wall, or whatever in the labs, and you had to go find a way to disable it, then that would establish, "Okay, so in this artificial universe, lasers strong enough to harm a human being upon contact are commmonplace. But it didn't.
And honestly, when I was playing Umbrella Chronicles, and I saw the laser hall, I DID like it. It wasn't the laser hall that I hated in it, it was the backflips, mostly.
In RE4, it was extra stupid, because those lasers were on tiny little portable nubs which moved around the wall freely, so that was just piss on the shitcake. Anywho...

The Resident Evil movies established a whole new Resident Evil universe. So Resident Evil movie is essentially Resident Evil 1, which establishes that there are no Hunters, or giant insects, or over the top crest puzzles. Rather, there's lasers and holograms. That's what it established in its own universe.

Thee Stranger

I'm not opposed to lasers in Resident Evil. Stupid laser corridors that people have to backflip and dodge around straight out of that shitty movie is what I'm opposed to.
Never once did Alice, or anyone else, actually do a backflip to avoid the lasers in the movies. Any laser dodging that happened in the movies was very reasonably acted out. Even Alice clone, who IS supposed to be superhuman, at most jumped up and pulled herself into a vent. Never did any backflip dodging of lasers occur. Backflips made their introduction into Resident Evil with RE4, and the movies had nothing to do with that.

Thee Stranger
And yes, I know it's not canonically linked. I'm well aware, and thank god for that. But they still have the Resident Evil name. They are involved with Resident Evil. And if I told someone who had only seen the shitty movies that were "based" on the game franchise that I'm a big RE fan, they'd think I'm into something completely retarded.
Well, that's just opinion. I mean, any person could pick up RE2 play it and think it's retarded. It's their opinion and they're entitled. But it's not a fact. So, frankly, showing someone a Resident Evil movie, (before RE4 came out) and having them say, "This is cool. I wanna play the game now." Is a good thing. And if they watch the first movie, it's a pretty good representation of what the game is like, only the movie is a little more lab based, and less mansion based, and frankly, that's not a bad thing.

And yes, the movie had a scene where a laser chops up a bunch of people... A 3 minute scene in a 1.5 hour movie... That ONE scene is gonna dictate to people that that's what the game is about, right? Not viruses, or Umbrella, or zombies, or any of that OTHER stuff that the movie had plenty of, but one little laser hall.

Thee Stranger
And any movie they would have made out of it wouldn't be canonically linked to the games, unless it was something like Degeneration, which was released as a sequel.
Well, it could just as easily have been a joint project between Capcom and Anderson, to make a movie that directly happens in the game storyline.
But they didn't. The movies are on their own, and won't interfere with the games. So if you don't like it, DON'T WATCH IT. I'd rather show people Anderson's trilogy and say, "That's what Resident Evil is about" then show them RE4, 5, UC, DSC or Degeneration and say, "That's what Resident Evil is about."

Thee Stranger

And the movies are a shitty reimagining. It's a shitty Matrix movie with some Resident Evil s**t tacked on to it. That's all that piece of s**t is. They're all complete wastes of film and time.

Well, the first Matrix movie kicked a**. And if instead, the W. Brothers decided to make The Matrix with zombies, Umbrella and T-Virus, it would've been that much more badass.

Thee Stranger

Well, maybe for you. For me, it just was just a mere hollow shell of the things I liked about Resident Evil. Kinda like Umbrella Chronicles was for you. It had Umbrella and zombies, but they were lame. They were tacked on to something lame. Something... Matrix. It did not have horror, it did not capture the atmosphere of the games, and I don't remember the soundtrack... probably because the movies are completely forgettable pieces of s**t.
The first movie had horror, it had the atmosphere (actually, all three movies captured the atmosphere of the games pretty well). And the soundtracks for all three movies are good enough to listen to on their own. I might hate Umbrella Chronicles, but it's for good reasons. And the proof of that is that I DID like the soundtrack. You just blindly say, "I hate everything about it. There's not one redeeming thing about it. Period."

Thee Stranger

Irony at its best. And even if you hate special agent Leon, he was still normal in RE2. So I honestly don't see what you're complaining about.
Well, I like RE2. So I'm not complaining about THAT. What's your point?

Thee Stranger

But no, that b***h was never normal. Normal people couldn't run along and off of a ******** wall and roundhouse kick a cerberus in the ******** head and kill it. That's just not even ********' practical. It's just an excuse for a trendy, now cliche, action effect. And some of the s**t she pulls off in those movies puts super-agent Leon to shame. Seriously, THIS. I mean, come on dude. What the ********? First off, how the ******** did she get her motorcycle up there to the top of the church? Did she ride it up a ********' tree? Secondly, with that glass stained window, how would she know what was on the other side? Or where the Licker was, or exactly where to land so she wouldn't smash into a pew or something? I mean, did she blueprint this s**t out beforehand? And how the ******** could she land that bike like that? And that's just the tip of the iceburg in a whole scene that is just straight up stupidly impossible. I don't care how super-powered she is, you can't defy physics and gravity. Well, that's just because this is the Matrix and Alice is The One. But, yes. That was truly some scary s**t. The RE movies are horror as ******** class="clear">
Oh yes, you're right. Alice does so many crazy a** stunts. Like that one where she drops the handgun, and then before it lands, she drops to the ground and picks it up and shoots the guys... Where have I seen that before? Oh yeah. THE GAMES!
Seriously, if you're gonna complain about unneded action pizzaz in the movies, you're only being a hypocrite if you simply turn a blind eye on when it happens in the games.
But no, the games are different because they're fun. As opposed to an action movie with a lot of cool action sequences? If you don't like them, don't watch them. But frankly, if nothing else, the Resident Evil movies are at least a cool action movie trilogy that I'd watch over the Matrix, over X-Men, over Bourne any day.
If you think they misrepresented Resident Evil, that's one thing. But to say they're bad as action movies is just blind hate. And I don't bother listening to that kind of stuff.
That's like saying, "Sony PS3 sucks. It just does. Its game suck. Its graphics suck. Its features suck. Blu-Ray sucks. Everything about it sucks. It's a piece of garbage, and there's not one good thing about it. At all."
That's how you're coming off.

Thee Stranger
I'm the one who told you that. xd And it's true, I'm glad you can have something to look forward to RE-related. And yeah, it all subjective, but it's just that whenever someone expresses their negative views on the movie, Canas or... well, Canas will jump their s**t about it. So I'm doing the same. Yes, there are many valid reasons to hate the Resident Evil movies. We know it's not canon, that isn't the issue. And scrapping Umbrella and everything is one thing, but bitching about over-powered main characters, being too action-heavy, and laser corridors and s**t when the movies you love so much started all that crap to begin with is just hypocritical. I don't care if it's not canon. It's still Resident Evil.
I still look forward to the games, somewhat.

Well, good for you. Look... If you felt the same way about the games as I do, then I'd understand. Then it's like... You've got nothing Resident Evil to look forward to, period. And yes, then I'd be bitter and say, "Dammit, I wish the Resident Evil movies were something different. Then I'd like it, then I'd have something to look forward to."
But if you're actually gonna bother with the next RE game, then there ya go.
You go play the games. I'll stick with watching the movies.
And that's the thing you're not getting, I think.
The way you talk to me, it's almost like you think I'm just forcing myself to like the movies. I'm not. I genuinely enjoy them. I'd rather watch an over the top action flick than a boring horror movie. I'd rather watch an action packed story-less movie, than some pretentious drama like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind.

I'd rather watch Rambo 2 and 3 than The Dark Knight or Shindler's List. That's not to say I don't enjoy a good drama movie with deep characters and story development.
But dude, it's Resident Evil we're talking about here. Most of RE's awesome backstory came from reading the files. The games themselves, as much as I love them, never really had all that much character development, or even plot development, beyond finding out where the virus came from, or whatnot. I mean, there was some, but no more than in the movies. So it's not like saying, "The movies sucked because it was all action, and not enough deep character development."
It's not MGS. The RE games had story developments that were few and far between.
My point is, that the movies HAD to have action, because without action, it would just be characters roaming nearly empty hallways, looking for keys to unlock doors, then solving puzzles. Which is fun when YOU do it, but in a movie it wouldn't work.
Even Romero's Land of the Dead is all in all an action movie. Even though I don't think it was that bad.
But to have a genuinely scary Zombie horror film you'd need to focus on the zombies, and surviving them, and not on where they came from. Resident Evil as a game was the scariest game ever, but it had no predecessor. And once other survival horror games started coming into the picture, RE ended up being all about the story, and only ended up being scary the first time around, when you didn't know what was behind the next corner, or where to find the next box of ammo.
But RE3 is not scary. It's just cool. The storyline is represented well, and the conventions they use, like UBCS, Nemesis, etc. are all very befitting to the title Resident Evil.
But even Code Veronica is more out there in terms of action and over the top-ness than the first RE movie. I mean, look at the intro cinematic.
I like certain things about Code Veronica a lot, such as Richard Waugh's voice overs, some of its level design, music, puzzles... But overall, it's a Resident Evil game that I mostly tolerate, rather than love the way I do the original three. Same with RE0.
And hey, speaking of Code Veronica... At least the RE movies didn't have tiny robots on wheels that detected movement and sent in enemies into the room. Because those Hunters... Had microchips in their brains, I guess.... question
Like I said, Code Veronica was tolerable and redeemable, but it had a LOT of ******** ups which made me say, "That's so not Resident Evil."

I'm not saying you shouldn't hate the movies. I'm just saying that if you do hate the movies, then you should be hating... Pretty much MOST of Resident Evil GAMES along with them, because they're no better. And in that respect, the movies didn't tarnish s**t. Resident Evil games started tarnishing RE's good name at least 2 years before the first movie came out.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Hatsumi Shinobi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:48 pm
I never said anywhere that I like RE4. I thought is was a disgusting excuse for a RE game. I am completely against the movies and I'll leave it at that. They did have decent soundtracks though. That's the only charity those movies will get from me.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:22 pm
My personal philosophy... If you could name three good things about something you hate, then your opinion is unbiased.
And vice versa.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:16 pm
Points, because I'm not quoting everything.

- Yes, yes. Artificial universe. Backflips... which are all over the place in the movies. So, RE4's laser hall sucks... because there's nubs. Okay. Maybe there was some kind of magnet mechanism behind the walls that were moving the laser nubs along or something. Whatever, it doesn't matter. To me, it's a laser corridor. When I first saw it, the movie immediately sprung to mind.

- No, she just flips off of a wall and roundhouse kicks a zombie dog. Alice does backflipping all over the place in those movies. But, oh, she didn't backflip over a laser, because that would just be totally retarded. Backflipping is fine, especially off of moving motorcycles, as long as it's not over a laser. Gotcha.

- And those people probably won't like RE2, because it's nothing like the movie, and they can't karate chop and backflip spinkick all the ********' zombies and God Mode their way through the whole thing, and it's not all stupidly over-the-top Matrix action. Those people who love the movies and haven't played the games would probably be much more attracted to RE4/RE5. I've watched the first movie. It is NOT a good representation of what the game is like. At all. NONE of them are.

I'm not opposed to lasers. I've already explained in the past why that laser hall scene in the movie is so ******** pointless and retarded. Note: it doesn't have anything to do with backflipping. And that's just the tip of the iceberg of retarded in that movie. The whole movie is stupid. It's dumb. Regardless of Umbrella, or zombies, or any of the OTHER stuff.

- Oh yeah, because Hollywood totally would have gone for that. That would have been a great idea for a theatrical release. If they did something like that, it would have been direct to video, like Degeneration. Any movie they would have made, even they did Romero's script or another script completely faithful to the original game, still wouldn't be videogame canon. It doesn't matter what ********' movie they made out of it. Unless it's a sequel, it's not gonna mess with the game canon. It's not like Anderson is some big hero, and decided to do a movie that didn't have anything to do with the games, because he didn't want to have his movie ******** around with the game canon.
Thanks. I DON'T watch them. I watched every one of those pieces of s**t once. And I certainly won't again. And I'd rather just show them the original games and tell them that that's what Resident Evil is about. And if I had to, I would show them RE4/RE5/Degeneration before I ever showed them the Anderson movies. Because, well, they're the better choice.

- Yup, the first Matrix movie was good. But Matrix doesn't belong in Resident Evil.

- The first movie did not have horror. No, it did not have the atmosphere of the game either. None of them did. Never once did I feel like I was watching Resident Evil during the course of any of those movies. And I never said I hated the soundtrack. I said I don't remember the soundtrack. Probably because it was just as forgettable as the movie itself. I don't think UC's soundtrack is anything incredible either, and I don't remember much of that soundtrack either. I only played through it once. I only watched the movies once. I know why I hate the RE movies, thank you.

- Well, you're not sure why people complain about Alice, because she was "normal" (pfft) in the first film. Well, I don't see why you complain about Leon, because he was normal in his first game. So there ya go!

- Oh my god. You're seriously comparing that to the clip from Apocalypse I just pointed out? rofl That's ******** nothing compared to Alice. Nothing in that opening scene of Code Veronica even begins to touch Alice's bullshit. At least that whole thing with the dropping the gun/swooping it up in Code Veronica is somewhat believable. Action pizzaz doesn't bother me as long as it's not completely ridiculous, and in RE's case, is used sparingly, with the horror aspect taking priority. Well then, you're only being a hypocrite if you're gonna complain about an over-powered main character in the games, but turn a blind eye when it happens in the movies.
I disagree. They are not cool action movies; they are shitty action movies that also misrepresented Resident Evil. Saying they're shitty action movies is not blind hate, because I saw the movies, and I hated them. The action was not good. I don't consider anything like that clip, or karate fighting Nemesis good action, sorry. The storyline was shitty. The characters are one-dimensional, cliche stereotypes, horribly acted throughout. I've given my reasons for not liking them plenty of times. And no, it's not like saying PS3 sucks and there's nothing good about it, because the PS3 doesn't suck, and there are good things about it. Just like there are good things about RE4, gameplay-wise. However, the movies do suck. Balls. On every level.

- Well, good for you. No, I don't think you're forcing yourself to like the movies. I know you genuinely like those pieces of s**t. And you know, some people would rather play an action-packed, storyless videogame like RE4 or Halo than a boring survival horror game like the original RE's or Silent Hill. Just sayin'. Same logic.

Well, thanks to those files and epilogues and all that s**t like that in the games, it did flesh out the plot and develop the characters a bit. But in the end, Resident Evil is a ******** videogame, man. It has an excuse. In a movie, s**t like character development and a good plot are essential to a good ******** movie. There are good action movies that have good plot. s**t like Aliens and District 9. Those are science fiction action films with good plot, and good characters you could actually give a ******** about, who don't god mode their way through the whole thing. And no, the Resident Evil movies did not have to have action like that. They could have had believable action, like in Dawn of the Dead or something. That would have been much more appropriate. They could have done the mansion or something else without the puzzles and whatnot. They didn't need a Mary Sue character just coming through and karatisizing all the ********' monsters like she's Neo, straight out of the Matrix. That s**t is retarded. And the monsters aren't too scary when this girl is bitchslapping them all with her bare hands half the time. And all the other cardboard cut-out characters (cannon fodder) are just there to make her look more cool and "badass". But she's not. She's ********' lame. The movies are BORING to me. The action is boring (and lame), the plot is boring (and dumb), the characters are boring (also lame). The last thing an action movie should do is bore you, and the RE movies should have focused more on the horror aspect, as well as... not sucking. Code Veronica is not more out there in terms of action and over-the-topness, are you kidding me? Yeah, outrunning the helicopter is a bit far-fetched. But that's the worst of it, besides Wesker, and he was still getting his a** kicked by Alexia. And yeah, I always got the impression they had microchips in their heads or something. If you were gonna make bio-weapons like that, I don't know, maybe you'd want to be able control them. You know, so they'd have some practical use.

Um, no. The games are the games. The movies are the movies. The games are a lot better. And the movies share more in common with RE4/RE5/UC than any of the other ones. And those games still kick the s**t out of the movies. You're the one who bitches about stuff like Leon and Chris being all over-powered, and too much action, and laser corridors (oh, excuse me, backflipping/nub laser corridors) and s**t, and all that kind of stuff was introduced to Resident Evil in the MOVIES that you love. That s**t is all over the place in them. Just sayin'. And s**t like that is what some people (you and Canas included) believe contributed to ruining Resident Evil. So when someone comes in and says that the movies suck, and they helped ruin Resident Evil, there's a valid point to be made there, as the later games obviously took some inspiration from the movies. And yeah, I think the movies were a big help. I'm not the only one.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:02 pm
Thee Stranger
- No, she just flips off of a wall and roundhouse kicks a zombie dog. Alice does backflipping all over the place in those movies. But, oh, she didn't backflip over a laser, because that would just be totally retarded. Backflipping is fine, especially off of moving motorcycles, as long as it's not over a laser. Gotcha.
She does not flip off the wall. I know you hate the movie, so you probably only saw it once and don't remember. She kicks off the wall, to give her some momentum. And yes, it's flashy. But at no point does she do a flip. In fact, I'm having a hard time thinking of a scene in any of the movies, where a backflip occurs. There might be one or two, but none of them happen in laser halls, and none of them happen in the first movie.
And all in all, I'm pretty sure none of them happen, period.

Thee Stranger

- And those people probably won't like RE2, because it's nothing like the movie, and they can't karate chop and backflip spinkick all the ********' zombies and God Mode their way through the whole thing, and it's not all stupidly over-the-top Matrix action. Those people who love the movies and haven't played the games would probably be much more attracted to RE4/RE5. I've watched the first movie. It is NOT a good representation of what the game is like. At all. NONE of them are.
Again... I'm not gonnna sit through a 90 minute movie, to spend 70 of those minutes watching a single person run around quietly collecting keys. So I'm sorry if they needed to make the movie a bit more exciting. Get over it.

Thee Stranger
And if I had to, I would show them RE4/RE5/Degeneration before I ever showed them the Anderson movies. Because, well, they're the better choice.
No they are not. They are useless pieces of s**t that shouldn't exist. And the biggest problem with them is that not only are they major ******** ups, but because of them, there is no future in the Resident Evil games. Which makes them 10 times worse than the movies.

Thee Stranger

- Well, you're not sure why people complain about Alice, because she was "normal" (pfft) in the first film. Well, I don't see why you complain about Leon, because he was normal in his first game. So there ya go!
Well, I kinda had the impression that he was NORMAL in RE4, too. I mean, unless they skipped a game where he got infected by a superhuman virus.
Alice DID get infected. I'm not complaining about Superhuman Wesker. I mean, I don't think it was a great decision, but at least he's not just naturally superhuman. And neither is Alice. Leon is a whole different story.

Thee Stranger

- Oh my god. You're seriously comparing that to the clip from Apocalypse
I just pointed out? rofl That's ******** nothing compared to Alice. Nothing in that opening scene of Code Veronica even begins to touch Alice's bullshit. At least that whole thing with the dropping the gun/swooping it up in Code Veronica is somewhat believable. Action pizzaz doesn't bother me as long as it's not completely ridiculous, and in RE's case, is used sparingly, with the horror aspect taking priority. Well then, you're only being a hypocrite if you're gonna complain about an over-powered main character in the games, but turn a blind eye when it happens in the movies.
There's a REASON why Alice can do what she can do. Leon... Well, read above. And Claire never even had professional military training, so she should be capable of even less.

Thee Stranger

I disagree. They are not cool action movies; they are shitty action movies that also misrepresented Resident Evil. Saying they're shitty action movies is not blind hate, because I saw the movies, and I hated them. The action was not good. I don't consider anything like that clip, or karate fighting Nemesis good action, sorry. The storyline was shitty.
Opinion, opinion, opinion. You're entitled, but it's not absolute.

Thee Stranger
The characters are one-dimensional, cliche stereotypes, horribly acted throughout.
You just described half the games. And it's a gross overstatement when spoken about the movies. Majority of action movies out there are pretty much the same, they're still enjoyable. I don't need deep and enticing character development to enjoy an action movie.

Thee Stranger
I've given my reasons for not liking them plenty of times.
So far, all your reasons have been pure opinion, and as much as you're entitled to voice it, I'm entitled to disagree. Which I do.

Thee Stranger

And no, it's not like saying PS3 sucks and there's nothing good about it, because the PS3 doesn't suck, and there are good things about it. Just like there are good things about RE4, gameplay-wise. However, the movies do suck. Balls. On every level.

Again, I disagree.

Thee Stranger

- Well, good for you. No, I don't think you're forcing yourself to like the movies. I know you genuinely like those pieces of s**t. And you know, some people would rather play an action-packed, storyless videogame like RE4 or Halo than a boring survival horror game like the original RE's or Silent Hill. Just sayin'. Same logic.
Neither RE1 nor Silent Hill were boring.
But there's nothing wrong with a good action game either. RE4 sucks because it butchered the canon, first and foremost. Halo I don't like because I'm generally not interested in FPS games. But I'm sure if I played an action packed, weak storied game like Gears of War, I'd still enjoy it. There's nothing wrong with that. Storyless is Borderlands. If it has dialogue, story arch and a climax, it's a story.

Thee Stranger

Well, thanks to those files and epilogues and all that s**t like that in the games, it did flesh out the plot and develop the characters a bit. But in the end, Resident Evil is a ******** videogame, man. It has an excuse. In a movie, s**t like character development and a good plot are essential to a good ******** movie. There are good action movies that have good plot. s**t like Aliens and District 9. Those are science fiction action films with good plot, and good characters you could actually give a ******** about, who don't god mode their way through the whole thing. And no, the Resident Evil movies did not have to have action like that. They could have had believable action, like in Dawn of the Dead or something.
And then there are movies like Rambo 2, Wanted, Doomsday, Aeon Flux etc. Which are pretty much all action, how does that make them any less of a movie? They're still fun to watch, even though a lot of things about them are really over the top. Who gives a s**t. I come to see fast paced action and kick a** special effects. And don't give me, "Resident Evil movies had shitty effects" because that's just not true. For their budgets, their effects were really well done.

Thee Stranger
And the monsters aren't too scary when this girl is bitchslapping them all with her bare hands half the time.
No, you're right. Because it was the MONSTERS that scared me in Resident Evil games, not the loud noises they made when windows crashed.

Thee Stranger
And all the other cardboard cut-out characters (cannon fodder) are just there to make her look more cool and "badass".
There's plenty of awesome characters in RE movies. Apocalypse had maybe two 1-dimensional cannon fodders. But other than that, they were all memorable.

Thee Stranger
But she's not. She's ********' lame. The movies are BORING to me. The action is boring (and lame), the plot is boring (and dumb), the characters are boring (also lame). The last thing an action movie should do is bore you, and the RE movies should have focused more on the horror aspect, as well as... not sucking. Code Veronica is not more out there in terms of action and over-the-topness, are you kidding me?
Did you LISTEN to the dialogue in Code Veronica? The kinds of s**t they said was more over the top than half of the Final Fantasy games.

Thee Stranger
You're the one who bitches about stuff like Leon and Chris being all over-powered, and too much action, and laser corridors (oh, excuse me, backflipping/nub laser corridors) and s**t, and all that kind of stuff was introduced to Resident Evil in the MOVIES that you love.[/quotes] Again, I gave my explanation a million times. Lasers are fine. Backflips suck. There were no backflips in the movies. If you're gonna have a powerhouse character, at least give them a reason to be. Like I said, I'm not crazy about the idea in Resident Evil, but Capcom brought it on with Code Veronica and Wesker's superpowers, so it's not like it was a foreign concept to RE. Leon and Chris, however, are supposed to be regular humans, so they got no alibi.

Thee Stranger
And s**t like that is what some people (you and Canas included) believe contributed to ruining Resident Evil. So when someone comes in and says that the movies suck, and they helped ruin Resident Evil, there's a valid point to be made there, as the later games obviously took some inspiration from the movies. And yeah, I think the movies were a big help. I'm not the only one.
That's like saying, "It's the plastic surgeon's fault that Michael Jackson looked the way he did." I had the impression that the Capcom staff were grown men who had common sense of what to take and what not to take from the movies. They decided to take laser halls, I don't care, honestly, especially if it's in a game that happens years after Raccoon City's destruction.

The problem is backflips backflips backflips. I saw the laser hall in UC and I said, "Man, this is the coolest part of the game," and then Chris did a backflip, and I said, "Nevermind."
Again, there were NO BACKFLIPS in the RE movies.

Capcom brought that s**t along on their own. They decided that regular human characters should have superhuman superacrobatic powers. They decided that there should be villains who talk like they're from Final Fantasy games. They decided to have white mages singing opera on a hilltop in the rain. They decided to get rid of Umbrella, zombies...
CAPCOM is the main reason why RE games suck. If you hate the movies that's fine, but don't blame them for the crappiness of the games.

I'm not blind, dude. Most RE fans hate the movies. So I highly doubt Capcom said, "You know what's gonna make the fans happy? If we make the games more like the movies." This was a conscious decision they made which they thought was a GOOD IDEA. Don't blame Anderson for that. If the RE movies never existed, they STILL could've seen the Matrix movies or whatever else and said, "Let's use that in the next RE game." In fact, they DID, El Gigante is the proof that they said, "Let's make it more like Lord of the Rings." So I guess that means it's also J.R.R. Tolkien's fault that RE4 sucked, right? And Hideo Kojima's too, for the cheesy a** radion conversations in RE4. And Maybe even Shigery Miyamoto's for that lava pit and dragons spitting fire. And... God of War 2 (which came out in 2007) was at fault for that dumbass Salazar statue chasing after you. God of War 2 was at fault for ruining Resident Evil, three years before it was even released!
Come on, dude! Capcom made the decisions they did, nobody made those decisions for them. The reason Resident Evil sucks now: CAPCOM
Nobody else.

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:54 pm
Aww Christ.

Biohazard EXTREME
She does not flip off the wall. I know you hate the movie, so you probably only saw it once and don't remember. She kicks off the wall, to give her some momentum. And yes, it's flashy. But at no point does she do a flip. In fact, I'm having a hard time thinking of a scene in any of the movies, where a backflip occurs. There might be one or two, but none of them happen in laser halls, and none of them happen in the first movie.
And all in all, I'm pretty sure none of them happen, period.

A backflip is a backflip. Whether it's over a laser or off a motorcycle or whatever. It's a backflip.

Biohazard EXTREME
Again... I'm not gonnna sit through a 90 minute movie, to spend 70 of those minutes watching a single person run around quietly collecting keys. So I'm sorry if they needed to make the movie a bit more exciting. Get over it.

Right. And apparently Capcom adopted that exact same mentality when it came to the games. So now they're less quiet and more exciting. Happy with the results? And only a moron would make the movie about collecting ******** keys. Did you even read my whole post? Doesn't mean they had to make it a Matrix movie. Resident Evil isn't supposed to be about a superhuman girl and her ridiculous heroics. ******** stupid. I didn't like the Resident Evil movies. I think they're pieces of s**t that helped ruin the franchise. Get over it.

Biohazard EXTREME
No they are not. They are useless pieces of s**t that shouldn't exist.

The movies, yeah.

Biohazard EXTREME
And the biggest problem with them is that not only are they major ******** ups, but because of them, there is no future in the Resident Evil games. Which makes them 10 times worse than the movies.

RE4 is the major ******** up, and I guess you could say RE5 as well, to a lesser extent. But the rest had to run with it after RE4 did what it did. The future of the original series was ******** up (the movies helped with that). But it was brought to a close. Now there's a new future waiting for it.

Biohazard EXTREME
Well, I kinda had the impression that he was NORMAL in RE4, too. I mean, unless they skipped a game where he got infected by a superhuman virus.

Well, Leon DID get infected with a virus in RE4. Maybe that helped him. xD

Biohazard EXTREME
Alice DID get infected. I'm not complaining about Superhuman Wesker. I mean, I don't think it was a great decision, but at least he's not just naturally superhuman. And neither is Alice. Leon is a whole different story.

And Leon is nowhere near as ridiculous as Alice. Sorry.

Biohazard EXTREME
There's a REASON why Alice can do what she can do. Leon... Well, read above. And Claire never even had professional military training, so she should be capable of even less.

There's a REASON why Leon can do what he can do. And there's a reason Claire can too: RE2. Nothing she did in that opening cutscene in Code Veronica was anything the military teaches you. But nothing Claire did in that game was grotesquely ridiculous.

Biohazard EXTREME
Opinion, opinion, opinion. You're entitled, but it's not absolute.

Okay. But RE1 had a ten times better storyline than any of the movies. That's fact.

Biohazard EXTREME
You just described half the games.

Big difference there. They're videogames. Their sole purpose is not to tell a story, like a movie is. The voice acting and such has cheesy B-horror movie appeal. It's entertaining. The characters aren't all stiff and wooden. They're not all typical stereotypes. And I actually like the characters in the games. Can't say as I like any of the characters in the movies. Even the counterparts of the game characters.

Biohazard EXTREME
Majority of action movies out there are pretty much the same, they're still enjoyable. I don't need deep and enticing character development to enjoy an action movie.

And that's why the majority of action movies suck. I don't necessarily need a great plot or great characters to enjoy it either, as long as it has some redeeming quality to it, and isn't completely generic. Like, maybe great characters and a mediocre plot. Or a great plot and mediocre characters. Something.

Biohazard EXTREME
So far, all your reasons have been pure opinion, and as much as you're entitled to voice it, I'm entitled to disagree. Which I do.

Wow, what a startling revelation. Right back at ya, buddy.

Biohazard EXTREME
Neither RE1 nor Silent Hill were boring.

Plenty of people would tell you they are.

Biohazard EXTREME
But there's nothing wrong with a good action game either. RE4 sucks because it butchered the canon, first and foremost. Halo I don't like because I'm generally not interested in FPS games. But I'm sure if I played an action packed, weak storied game like Gears of War, I'd still enjoy it. There's nothing wrong with that. Storyless is Borderlands. If it has dialogue, story arch and a climax, it's a story.

There's nothing wrong with action movies either. But RE shouldn't have been a Matrix-style, over-the-top action movie. Why? Because it's based on the games, which are nothing like that. And every movie has a storyline. That's the point of a movie. But not every movie has a good one.

Biohazard EXTREME
And then there are movies like Rambo 2, Wanted, Doomsday, Aeon Flux etc. Which are pretty much all action, how does that make them any less of a movie? They're still fun to watch, even though a lot of things about them are really over the top. Who gives a s**t. I come to see fast paced action and kick a** special effects. And don't give me, "Resident Evil movies had shitty effects" because that's just not true. For their budgets, their effects were really well done.

Resident Evil movies had shitty effects. Anyway, Rambo 2 & 3 are both shitty movies. Yes, they are entertaining on some levels... basically, they're so ridiculous and 80s cheesy and over-the-top that they're actually enjoyable, but mindless fun. Like, Commando. Or 98.9% of slasher flicks. But certainly not anything you could take seriously. And not something I would classify as good. It's like McDonald's food. It's fast, and it's easily digestible, but it provides no real nourishment. First Blood: great movie. Rocky: great movie. The sequels... stupid movies. Entertaining, but stupid. And kinda pointless. Except for the last Rocky. So there's really only two good Rocky movies. And none of the Resident Evil movies, with the exception of Apocalypse, entertained me on the so-bad-it's-good level.

Biohazard EXTREME
No, you're right. Because it was the MONSTERS that scared me in Resident Evil games, not the loud noises they made when windows crashed.

I don't know, I think it was pretty ********' scary when you had a Hunter or a Crimson Head chasing you down a dark, congested hallway. The Resident Evil games didn't always rely on cheap, jump scares completely. Maybe they should have tried to put some creepy atmosphere in those movies. But no, let's be The Matrix instead.

Biohazard EXTREME
There's plenty of awesome characters in RE movies. Apocalypse had maybe two 1-dimensional cannon fodders. But other than that, they were all memorable.

No.

Biohazard EXTREME
Did you LISTEN to the dialogue in Code Veronica? The kinds of s**t they said was more over the top than half of the Final Fantasy games.

Umm... I thought we were talking over-the-top action. Not dialogue. Either way, I don't remember anything like that.

Biohazard EXTREME
Again, I gave my explanation a million times. Lasers are fine. Backflips suck. There were no backflips in the movies. If you're gonna have a powerhouse character, at least give them a reason to be. Like I said, I'm not crazy about the idea in Resident Evil, but Capcom brought it on with Code Veronica and Wesker's superpowers, so it's not like it was a foreign concept to RE. Leon and Chris, however, are supposed to be regular humans, so they got no alibi.

You didn't watch that clip I posted, did you? Maybe if you had, you wouldn't be saying this right now, and you could actually see what I mean when I say the s**t Alice pulls is absolutely ridiculous, even for a superpowered character. Again, Leon and Chris have reasons why they can do what they can do too.

Biohazard EXTREME
That's like saying, "It's the plastic surgeon's fault that Michael Jackson looked the way he did." I had the impression that the Capcom staff were grown men who had common sense of what to take and what not to take from the movies. They decided to take laser halls, I don't care, honestly, especially if it's in a game that happens years after Raccoon City's destruction.

Okay then. And I had the impression they had the common sense not allow Anderson's shitty script to be made into a film.

Biohazard EXTREME
The problem is backflips backflips backflips. I saw the laser hall in UC and I said, "Man, this is the coolest part of the game," and then Chris did a backflip, and I said, "Nevermind."
Again, there were NO BACKFLIPS in the RE movies.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Very same clip I pointed out last time.

Biohazard EXTREME
Capcom brought that s**t along on their own. They decided that regular human characters should have superhuman superacrobatic powers. They decided that there should be villains who talk like they're from Final Fantasy games. They decided to have white mages singing opera on a hilltop in the rain. They decided to get rid of Umbrella, zombies...
CAPCOM is the main reason why RE games suck. If you hate the movies that's fine, but don't blame them for the crappiness of the games.

It still doesn't compare to Alice and her god moding. And you know, Capcom didn't write all the Resident Evil games. The same guy didn't write the storylines of all the games. It's only Capcom's fault for approving of it and giving them greenlight to go ahead with it.

Biohazard EXTREME
I'm not blind, dude. Most RE fans hate the movies. So I highly doubt Capcom said, "You know what's gonna make the fans happy? If we make the games more like the movies." This was a conscious decision they made which they thought was a GOOD IDEA. Don't blame Anderson for that.

Capcom thought Anderson's script was a GOOD IDEA. That's how the movie got ******** made in the first place. After CAPCOM fired Romero, and ditched his script, which they did not like. Just like they thought RE4 was a GOOD IDEA. See where I'm going with this?

Biohazard EXTREME
If the RE movies never existed, they STILL could've seen the Matrix movies or whatever else and said, "Let's use that in the next RE game." In fact, they DID, El Gigante is the proof that they said, "Let's make it more like Lord of the Rings." So I guess that means it's also J.R.R. Tolkien's fault that RE4 sucked, right? And Hideo Kojima's too, for the cheesy a** radion conversations in RE4. And Maybe even Shigery Miyamoto's for that lava pit and dragons spitting fire. And... God of War 2 (which came out in 2007) was at fault for that dumbass Salazar statue chasing after you. God of War 2 was at fault for ruining Resident Evil, three years before it was even released!

Matrix didn't have laser corridors or White Queen computer AIs. The Matrix, Lord of the Rings, Metal Gear, etc. didn't have the Resident Evil name attached to it. And Metal Gear and Lord of the Rings are actually good, unlike the Resident Evil movies, which are directly associated with Resident Evil. Plenty of games take inspiration from film, but in this case, it is something directly related to it. The movies are part of the franchise. And the movies were the start of the ******** up of the franchise. I don't know just who involved with RE4 came up with the idea of using the MGS codec or LotR cave trolls, but those two franchises aren't associated with RE. No, they don't belong there, but that's evident in their titles. They didn't say, "Hey! This is Resident Evil! Survive the Horror!" The movies are Resident Evil, despite their "separate universe". And laser corridors, and White Queen AIs, and over-powered main protagonists, and over-the-top action, and roundhouse kicking zombies and s**t didn't belong in the Resident Evil movies just as much as it didn't belong in the Resident Evil games.

Yeah. That s**t all started in the movies. And the movie did well at a time when the game series wasn't doing so hot. So, yeah. The movie did as well as it did... and now, it took over. The s**t crossed over into our games. And there ya have it.

And no, the movies aren't solely responsible for what happened to the game series, but they contributed to it. And God of War 2... that's just stupid logic.

Biohazard EXTREME
Come on, dude! Capcom made the decisions they did, nobody made those decisions for them. The reason Resident Evil sucks now: CAPCOM
Nobody else.

Yeah. And CAPCOM is the reason those piece of s**t movies got made in the first place, which in turn influenced the games. So yes, they're the reason Resident Evil sucks now. Along with Anderson and everybody else's shitty ideas that they approved of. The movies are just one more reason on the long list. The first one that started a chain reaction.

And look, dude. I think you're a cool guy, and I respect you, and I respect your opinions and everything, and I'm sorry I come off as a d**k, and I often am. I just... strongly disagree with you on this. Maybe I'm a little too passionate about the movies. Maybe you're right. Maybe it's not their fault. But whatever you say, I'm going to be compelled to come back with my own s**t. I just don't want to argue about this s**t anymore. I was frozen today. Whatever. You win. I think I need to take a break from this guild for a while.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:48 pm
Look, the point is, Resident Evil was ruined by Capcom. Period. Whatever other sources may have influenced it, the ultimate decision was Capcom's. And if you think the movies are shitty, and are saying that Capcom thought they were good and approved them, then technically it's STILL Capcom's fault. Either way you put it, Capcom ********, what I once considered its best series. And yeah, it's their series, and they can do whatever the hell they want with it. But they screwed it up, and now they can go choke on it.

Ah, taking a break from the guild... It'll do you good. Trust me, it helped when RE5 came out.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Hatsumi Shinobi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:47 am
I say we all go and play the original Megaman game xd  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:59 am
Also, RE4 and RE5 have destroyed Resident Evil. In my opinion, that is. Resident Evil has become a shooter...  

Hatsumi Shinobi

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:22 am
Gameplay wise, yeah. But even the story has been butchered to shits. They ruined most of the good characters, and pretty much every new character they introduce ranges from mediocre to plain stupid.
The storyline overall has become pretentious, overdramatic and just stupid.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:33 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Gameplay wise, yeah. But even the story has been butchered to shits. They ruined most of the good characters, and pretty much every new character they introduce ranges from mediocre to plain stupid.
The storyline overall has become pretentious, overdramatic and just stupid.

I completely agree. I miss the good ol' T-Virus crying  

Hatsumi Shinobi

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:36 am
Someone should change the name of this thread from, "What could ruin Resident Evil?" to "What ruined Resident Evil?"  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:39 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Someone should change the name of this thread from, "What could ruin Resident Evil?" to "What ruined Resident Evil?"

Indeed. I also noticed that the guild home page has nothing but RE5 images...  

Hatsumi Shinobi

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:48 am
We had a big discussion about that, right before RE5 came out. The guild Capcain wanted to bring in new fans. Then disappeared for a while, and recently reappeared saying that he hated RE5 as well. I made a new image for the main page in "News/Requests" thread, but I think he's still recovering from his tonsil removal surgery.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff