Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 2595 2596 2597 2598 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:37 pm
*listens to the song*  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:40 pm
Looks like it's dead right now in the main forum.

So... I'll just hang out here for awhile... at least until I head off to the Drag Show I'm going to go watch.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:46 pm
*watches trailer for Eclipse*

O - M - G!

Looks like it's going to be a good movie.

June 30? Darn it... that doesn't leave me much time to read the book. I've been trying to read the books before seeing the movies. *sighs* Guess this time around I'll have to break that tradition... unless by some miracle I get my hands on the book and find time to read it before the movie comes out.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:58 pm
*takes care of her Mom's farm on Facebook*  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:04 pm
*looks at the new announcement on Gaia*  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:08 pm
Evolution report...

Hmm... not very impressed with the Shadowlegend's latest evolution.

I like the small dragon option for the Jewel EI though. 3nodding  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:16 pm
La di da...  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:23 pm
I should eat something before I go to the Drag Show... but I don't know what to have for dinner. *sighs* Since I'm going to the event, my parents are going out to eat... so... that complicates things a bit. xd

Um... hmm... what to have, what to have...

No peanut butter or bread to have a peanut butter sandwich. I don't feel like any of the frozen dinners I have right now. I just want something small and quick... which Top Ramen could possibly fit into... but I think I only have one pack left... and I might want to save that to have for lunch later. *shrugs*

Meh... I'll figure it out at some point, lol  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:47 pm
In the main forum, there was a discussion about Proms and reasons for not going to one.

It's always interesting hearing about other people's experiences. Especially when some schools do certain procedures (i.e. breath tests) while others don't. Or certain rules must be followed at all times (i.e. must always wear shoes).

Our school was pretty good about most things. Prices for tickets and pictures were reasonable ((and apparently cheap when comparing them to other people's prices)). We got to the Prom by own our set up transportation. Music was good. A lot of my classmates grew up with each other, so even if you didn't have your friends to go with, you still at least knew someone. As soon as pictures were taken, girls would take off their heels - school had no problem with it.

Probably the only trouble we had during the dances was people getting a little to frisky with their dancing ((mostly the "grinding" sort of dance)). But the most we got on that was a warning. *shrugs*  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:55 pm
Well... I better go and find something to eat... at least satisfy some hunger, since I don't know if it'll cost money to buy snacks or not at the Drag Show.

*shrugs*

Guess we'll see...

Not that I have much money on hand as it is...

sweatdrop  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:57 pm
Heading off.

Bye bye.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:45 am
I just found out where the April Thank You Letter came from.

Odin the Paladin had gifted it to me.

Thank you Odin! biggrin  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:00 am
*brushes hair*  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:44 am
Watson looked up from the newspaper he was reading hearing the front door bell being rung. He heard the landlady downstairs walking down the hall to answer the door. Soon, he heard two voices talking - one belonging to the landlady and the other belonging to the person at the door. Just as Watson returned his gaze to the article he was reading, the landlady knocked on his door.
"Yes?" replied Watson, looking up as the door opened.
"There is a Mrs. Irene Watson waiting downstairs for you, sir."
"Irene?" echoed Watson in surprise.
There was only one Irene Watson he knew of - a dear cousin of his. It had been years since he had last seen her. In fact, the last time they had met was before he left for the war. Could it be true that his cousin was waiting for him downstairs?
Watson folded his newspaper quickly and got up, following the landlady down the stairs. Waiting at the front door was a woman, barely a few years younger than Watson himself, wearing her dark brown hair up in a bun and a flowing silvery blue gown. She glanced up seeing movement on the stairs and her face instantly lit up.
"Cousin!" she exclaimed, stepping forward to greet Watson.
"Irene!" said Watson in an excited tone matching that of hers, as he pulled her into a hug.
Watson couldn't believe it. His dear cousin was indeed here in London and came to visit. She had been the first family member since he returned from the war to come visit him on Baker Street. Soon, his thoughts of excitement were pushed aside as curiousty crept in.
"What brings you here to London?" asked Watson, as he pulled away and directed her towards the den. "I must admit it's a bit of a shock to have you come here."
The landlady disappeared down the hall towards the kitchen to prepare some tea. Watson led Irene to the couch in the den, before taking a seat in the armchair across from it.
"Do I need a reason to come visit my dear cousin?" replied Irene, her bright blue eyes dancing merrily.
"You do realize that you're the first family member to come visit me," said Watson.
"I am?" responded Irene, her smile disappearing for a brief moment, before reappearing. "Well, I guess I've just made a point to them then. Those who truly love you will make the effort to find your whereabouts and come see you."
Watson smiled at this, before looking over seeing the landlady walk in with a silver tray with two matching porcelain cups on matching saucers and a steaming teapot in the middle.
"Thank you," said Watson, as the landlady set the tray down on the table between them. The landlady bowed before leaving the two alone once again.
Watson watched his cousin as she leaned over to pour the hot water from the teapot into her cup. She picked the cup up and pulled the tag attached to the string, making the teabag bounce up and down the water. The once clear water soon turned into a light golden color as the tea leaked out.
"So," said Watson, breaking the silence, "What have you been up to lately? How is your mother?"
"There's not much to tell," responded Irene, as she stopped dragging the teacup around in her cup. "Most of my life has been made up of my mother nagging me about finding a suitable husband."
"And how has that been going?"
"It's become irritating."
"Has there not been any men asking for your hand back home?"
"Oh, there's been plenty of men," said Irene, a hint of disgust in her voice. "And there's been plenty of offers. But none of them suit my interests."
"Perhaps you are setting your sights too high."
"Oh, Cousin, you would not be saying such things if you knew what men have been coming to ask for my hand," said Irene.
"Is that so?" responded Watson, raising an eyebrow.
It had been a long time since he had been back home, so he doubted that many of the people he knew to be of Irene's age would still be living around. None the less, he thought about the men he had once know. As he continued to go down the mental list of men, he began to realize that Irene spoke the truth. In his opinion, none of the men he thought of would be suitable matches for Irene, despite having wealth or a large estate.
"Perhaps you are right," responded Watson, concluding his thought process.
"Mother, however, is still as stubborn as ever," said Irene. "She becomes frustrated whenever I turn someone's offer down. For the past few years, all she's done is sending hints here and there that I should find a husband. I've become so tired of her nagging that I wanted to get away."
"And that's what you did?" asked Watson. "But why come here? Why not go to a family member's residence back home?"
"That would be no escape of my mother's nagging, cousin," replied Irene. "She's constantly visiting the various family members every week. No, I had to find a place where I could escape to, but was somewhere where I still knew someone."
"So, you came to me," said Watson. "Does your mother know you are here?"
"That I came to see you? No. She's doesn't," said Irene. "I told her that I was coming to London to find a suitable husband. If I told her I was coming to see you, she would insist on tagging along. That wouldn't help me in my plan of escaping her presence."
"So you've lied to her?" asked Watson, looking at her disapprovingly.
"No. Not completely," replied Irene, giving an defiant look. "To be totally honest, I had planned on coming to London originally. And to please mother, I did decide to look for possible candidates. I wasn't sure when I planned on coming. That is until I read your name in a newspaper article about some murder case. At first, I wasn't certain whether it was truly your name or not. But I know no other person with the surname of Watson, who is around my age, and is a Doctor. As soon as I was convinced that it was you, I asked around and I found out that you were living here in London."
"How long do you plan on staying here?" asked Watson. "Where do you plan on staying?"
"Well..." said Irene, looking down at her cup. "I had hoped to stay here with you." She looked back up at him. "But if you don't have room, I can try to find other arrangements."
"It'll be no problem," replied Watson, smiling and leaning forward to place a comforting hand on hers. His glance lowered down to the watch on his wrist on his outstretched arm, and his eyes widened in surprise.
"What is it?" asked Irene, noticing the change in her cousin's expression.
"I'm afraid I have a prior engagement I must attend to," said Watson, standing up. "You can stay here and make yourself comfortable. When I get back, we can discuss further on the matter of where you'll stay."
"Very well," said Irene, as she watched her cousin rush out of the den, pulling his coat off the coat rack, and disappearing out the door.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:47 am
Heh... I just recently gotten into a Sherlock Holmes mood again. So I had to right down a part of a little story I made up yesterday.

xd

There's probably some errors here and there in that text... but whatever. At least, I got the basic idea down.  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 2595 2596 2597 2598 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games