Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Post your picture/ random pictures/dream avatars Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 508 509 510 511 512 513 ... 522 523 524 525 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mymiridon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:37 am
lol, you got a point there.
Must get A, Must get A. 6 figure mthly salary, 6 figure mthly salary.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:43 pm
Did you say 6 figure monthly salary? That's a bit over the top isn't it? xd It would mean you'd have an eight figure yearly salary, which would be awesome but perhaps a tad wishful thinking. Just getting 100K a year would be a good enough for me.  

Minielf

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:17 pm
Having a job would satisfy me now. I know kids who are younger than me and earning like 6 grand a year just from part time jobs... stare  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:47 pm
is that with or without taxes... 6 grand a year in the U.S qualifies you for welfare i think lol

@elfy: of course, 6 figures starting salary and no less XD  

mymiridon

Tokioka

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:50 pm
My malaysian friend's been searching for a job in Bath for a month now with no success. He's been rejected by KFC, McDonalds, Burger King and just on saturday he got a rejection letter from Greggs (bakery). I think it's cos he's malaysian... ninja

I'm gonna test this theory on tuesday (after the bank holiday) and apply for 4 jobs alongside him to see if either of us gets an offer. xD

@CBC: Oh CBC, I was once like you, hoping I could fudge my way into med school too. Word of advice, have a plan B prepared in case it doesn't work out... or you could end up at the australian equivalent of Bath. O:> oh noes!

@Fellow Brits (mainly aimed at niph lol): Do you think it could be possible to immigrate to a foreign country, live there permanently and completely ignore my student debt?

This is a notion that's been brought to my attention by an old housemate who's planning to leave England for Canada after he finishes his Biology degree. Apparently if you move there for 3 years you'll be granted citizenship and your student debt in the UK will be wiped clean.

Sounds pretty good to me. razz  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:42 pm
Tokioka
My malaysian friend's been searching for a job in Bath for a month now with no success. He's been rejected by KFC, McDonalds, Burger King and just on saturday he got a rejection letter from Greggs (bakery). I think it's cos he's malaysian... ninja

I'm gonna test this theory on tuesday (after the bank holiday) and apply for 4 jobs alongside him to see if either of us gets an offer. xD

@CBC: Oh CBC, I was once like you, hoping I could fudge my way into med school too. Word of advice, have a plan B prepared in case it doesn't work out... or you could end up at the australian equivalent of Bath. O:> oh noes!

@Fellow Brits (mainly aimed at niph lol): Do you think it could be possible to immigrate to a foreign country, live there permanently and completely ignore my student debt?

This is a notion that's been brought to my attention by an old housemate who's planning to leave England for Canada after he finishes his Biology degree. Apparently if you move there for 3 years you'll be granted citizenship and your student debt in the UK will be wiped clean.

it's a bit dishonest isn't it?  

mymiridon

Minielf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:30 pm
cold_blooded_chick
Having a job would satisfy me now. I know kids who are younger than me and earning like 6 grand a year just from part time jobs... stare

Lol, I wish I could sympathize with your situation, but I'm one of the lucky students who have a regular part time job to fall back on. Admittedly I just work for my parents, but earning nearly 20K a year before tax isn't that bad. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:13 pm
Geez, so now I have to get a second option for uni to fall back on AND find a job...not with my parents... stare

Elf, if I go to Melbourne for uni, can I come and work for your parents? surprised  

cold_blooded_chick

Tokioka

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:31 am
mymiridon
Toki

it's a bit dishonest isn't it?
Since when have you been a 'fellow brit'? stare
lol, I'm just joshing.

Yes, it is dishonest, but if there's a loophole then why not exploit it?
Plus my debt's gonna be pretty big by the time I graduate (around £24k) and that's not even including interest. gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:42 pm
eh.... I think that's just a little more than my debt by the time I graduate... I don't think I can get rid of it if I moved to another country... maybe I'll just fake my own death.  

mymiridon

Minielf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:19 pm
cold_blooded_chick
Geez, so now I have to get a second option for uni to fall back on AND find a job...not with my parents... stare

Elf, if I go to Melbourne for uni, can I come and work for your parents? surprised

Um, you'd have to be skilled in the area of working with old, disabled and mentally insane people. ninja It's not the most glamorous field to be working in, and it's not something you can learn in a Uni course.

Still, you don't have to be ashamed to work for your parents. When tons of young adults are staying at home rather than move due to the ridiculous house prices at the moment, working for a parents' business is better than being stuck in working for a fast foot outlet. After all, if you're good at it, you'll probably get to take over the business once your parents retire. At least that's my idea.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:14 am
So what did you study in uni? Or what are you studying if you still are.  

cold_blooded_chick

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:56 am
Since my parents didn't devour me whole after hearing news of my chemistry mark, I will demonstrate my glee by posting a picture!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
We have a mounted poster of this picture in my English classroom. It's fantastic - gotta love the spastic Doctor~ 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:51 am
... and that's why britain rules. razz  

Tokioka

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:44 pm
User Image

You guys should join my British avatar contest~ link in sig xD

Well, it's me and a few other people <3

Also~ Tokes, I think if you ever came back you'd have to pay it still~ don't think it gets wiped somehow..

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 508 509 510 511 512 513 ... 522 523 524 525 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games