Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Post your picture/ random pictures/dream avatars Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 509 510 511 512 513 514 ... 522 523 524 525 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Minielf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:55 pm
cold_blooded_chick
So what did you study in uni? Or what are you studying if you still are.

I'm studying straight Arts. But I did a Certificate III course in Aged Course so I'm qualified as a Personal Care Assistant.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:17 am
That is so not Asian... But I think it's very good and solid - wholesome skills for your work and arts to make everything a little more fun~  

cold_blooded_chick

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:19 am
Tokioka
... and that's why britain rules. razz

BBC is why Britain rules. Although it could also be said that BBC is sometimes why Britain doesn't.

Right now, every time I watch Dr Who (series 4), I want to laugh cos I keep expecting Catherine Tate to turn into one of her sketch show characters. She's hilarious.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:41 am
cold_blooded_chick
BBC is why Britain rules. Although it could also be said that BBC is sometimes why Britain doesn't.

Right now, every time I watch Dr Who (series 4), I want to laugh cos I keep expecting Catherine Tate to turn into one of her sketch show characters. She's hilarious.
Eeesh. mad

She kinda pissed me off. ¬_¬

And if you like BBC, then maybe you should check out Channel 4 - best documentaries imo.  

Tokioka

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:39 am
Channel 4, I only know Friday Night Project, or Sunday Night Project as it is now known. Gotta love Alan and Justin~ 3nodding
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:16 am
^ They're pretty funny. smile
I'd never have expected them to form a comedy duo though, such complete opposites.

I think my favourite series on channel 4 would have to be Dispatches. Apart from comedy, documentary is probably my favourite genre of tv program.  

Tokioka

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:11 am
Geez, that's some hard hitting journalism. That's the kind of thing I try to avoid and watch at the same time - makes me depressed, but I should be aware of what's going on in the world.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:19 am
Although a lot of the subjects covered can be a bit depressing, I think that knowing about them is better than turning a blind eye and living in sweet ignorance. That's why investigative journalism is so cool. ^-^b

I find documentaries are basically a more detailed and interesting version of the news. They display a lot more facts and opinions that the news just doesn't have time to report on. And some of the stuff covered probably isn't important enough to be on the news, like Immigration: The Inconvenient Truth, or documentaries on gang culture. Actually, the subject matter in documentaries is pretty endless, so why am I even listing them? lol

And why does it sound like I'm trying to coax you into watching documentaries!?? xd  

Tokioka

mymiridon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:24 pm
Because docs are the people's news source XDD

Yeah, documentaries are informative and all, but they take sooo long!! not a lot of people have time to watch them unfortunately.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:07 pm
Agreed. you have to have the interest as well as time~ And I only have 6 channels of free commercial TV, no cable. xp  

cold_blooded_chick

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:31 am
...because anyone who does not like Dexter is the real heartless sociopath. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:25 pm
cold_blooded_chick
Agreed. you have to have the interest as well as time~ And I only have 6 channels of free commercial TV, no cable. xp
I only have 4! D:<

^ Yeh dexter's aite. Did you see the one where he had to kill his own brother? That was pretty cool. 3nodding

Have you seen Californication? It's pretty funny.
But also ironic. Cos in the show, David Duchovny (Moulder in X-Files), plays a sex addicted writer. But in real life, he is currently being treated for sex addiction. Isn't irony great? razz

Tokioka

Minielf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:39 pm
@Toki: Ah, Californication. Isn't that show all about non-stop sex? It was shown here in Australia some time ago but I don't know if was pulled off. Australians apparently can't handle as much sex and violence as our American counterparts.

And I think David Duchovny's case is an example of life imitating art; he's become addicted to sex because he's 'acted' in so many sex scenes. rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:51 pm
Minielf
@Toki: Ah, Californication. Isn't that show all about non-stop sex? It was shown here in Australia some time ago but I don't know if was pulled off. Australians apparently can't handle as much sex and violence as our American counterparts.

And I think David Duchovny's case is an example of life imitating art; he's become addicted to sex because he's 'acted' in so many sex scenes. rofl

@mini: you australians should buck up rofl  

mymiridon

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:21 am
Tokioka

^ Yeh dexter's aite. Did you see the one where he had to kill his own brother? That was pretty cool. 3nodding

Oh you b*****d, not up to that yet...the plot is so not matching the book. stare  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 509 510 511 512 513 514 ... 522 523 524 525 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games