Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 509 510 511 512 513 514 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:25 pm
You confused me again! gonk ( razz )  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:28 pm
Wait, I think there is something else on her head other then hair..........Hmmm..........Is that a...scalp? No, no...I must be mistaken. I don't think there is anything else on your head...Wait...No, never mind...  

King of Paradise

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:12 pm
I was wondering what kind of review RE4 or 5 would get if the people at X-play rated it. Maybe I'll add an edit that'll show whey would probably, but now I have mid-term exams that to study for.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:15 pm
Erm... What's X-play?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:27 pm
X play is a tv show that reviews games and rate them, of course they do other stuff, like adventures of...i think their names are bill and bob, where they use splinter cell game to create a small few minute fill in for the show. they do ratings based on a by 5 scale. I remember I think they gave Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox a 5 out of 5.

edit: their reviews usually have Adam Sesler, for Morgan web reviewing a game each time, but later Morgan went away so they got a new female in there. They basically play the game to show you how the game is like, but while talking, and sometimes that add in some stuff. I believe their review on RE4 would be something like this.

Adam: Resident Evil 4, another story about the Resident Evil franchise that takes place some unknown where abouts in Europe. Hold on wasn't it called "Resident Evil" then why is it in Europe instead of some place near Raccoon City, and also it's obviously in Spain. Once again you are the dashingly pretty boy Leon from the Resident Evil 2, only this time you're not escaping, your mission is to get the president's daughter back. The game controls are easy to use, and it introduces the new "over the shoulder first person shooter" perspective into play. However there's only one problem. Where are the zombies?! I thought that's what this series was about, zombies. However, in this one instead of zombies you get some kind of strange parasitic creatures called the Las Plagas, that's controlled by some one name Saddler. Geez he's a natural Hitler. The only thing they have going for this game is that you don't need to occupy your inventory with the knife and no ink for the type writers. Capcom some how thinks that it's logical to put in a survival horror game that you can kill something and it will randomly give you some kind of item, and also there's always conveniently some kind of merchant selling you stuff, that for once isn't something you can get high off of. Adding all of this in there's nothing really "horror" about it. Not only does the game's plot suck on a dog pissing level but you'll also notice that once you get the president's daughter you 'll have a tendency to want to shoot her on purpose. We give Resident Evil a head decapitating *shows the cutscene of Leon getting his head cut off.* 2 out of five.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:33 pm
Yeah, but that show changed for the worst...Now it's too informative on crap not really needed to know, and less about the reviews and funny antics...  

King of Paradise

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:00 pm
Stranger to Paradise
Yeah, but that show changed for the worst...Now it's too informative on crap not really needed to know, and less about the reviews and funny antics...
That's to be expected. After all the more popular they get the more they think it's more about themselves instead of the reviews. More power comes more corruption, or in this case they forget that their show is about reviews, not themselves.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:23 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Erm... What's X-play?

Bio....

Truly, I tell you: you have not lived until you have watched Co-op theather, w/ secret agent Bob and secret agent Steve. Links will be edited soon enough. :3  

Mjolnir The Hammer

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:34 pm
Mjolnir The Hammer
Biohazard EXTREME
Erm... What's X-play?

Bio....

Truly, I tell you: you have not lived until you have watched Co-op theather, w/ secret agent Bob and secret agent Steve. Links will be edited soon enough. :3

Somehow I have a feeling I'm not missing out on much...

I only watch Gametrailers TV, and Electric Playground/Reviews on the Run.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:31 pm
Quit setting your standards so high. It was made about 2 and 1/2 years ago. lol

Episode #1
Episode #2
Episode #3
Episode #4
Episode #5
Episode #6

Edit: The first episodes were made about 2 1/2 years ago. I'm not sure when the new ones came out, but I like them just the same. cool  

Mjolnir The Hammer

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:04 pm
Alkaizer87: They got rid of Morgan manjaw!? biggrin When I first got into watching that show I really used to like it. Morgan was the only woman I liked on the channel besides Sarah on Attack of the Show (back when it was good), but then I grew to hate her. She just got really annoying and it turns out interns play the games she reviews for her. Shes a ******** fake who calls herself "The Gaming Goddess."

They had a lot of funny skits, and I loved how they became a little edgy by ridiculing their own networks changes a while later. I think the last good episode was the Star Wars Episode III special where they went to a convention and a crazed fan stalked them. It was Ratty the puppet's last appearance too. sad

As for the RE4 review, I actually think they gave it a 4 or a 5.

I really hate Morigan, but the person I hate the most on there is Kevin Pierra. I WANT TO STRANGLE THAT COCKY JERK SO BAD! scream

Bio: I don't understand. You say you like Code Monkeys, yet you never heard of X Play? They're made by the same network.

But I really miss Judgement Day (Reviews on the Run). The hosts reminded me a lot of Ebert and Roeper. They would fully agree with certain games and then with others, they argued their heads off at eachother. XD

Another show I really miss was a program that came on Friday nights (G4.com or something?). It had two women (can't remember their names) and a guy, Geoff Knightley. Every week, they had a different topic they would discuss and viewers could call in and ask a question. They were usually good conversations, and you could easily tell all three were real gamers by how they talked.

It's a shame G4 is such an atrocity now. Instead of focusing on videogames and technology, it's now about bewbs and Spaceballs reruns.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:18 pm
Yes, well, Code Monkeys airs on Teletoon, which I have. G4 I don't have.

Heheh, yeah. Too bad Tommy Tallerico stopped doing reviews. Victor Lucas is still awesome though. And I met him. razz  

Biohazard EXTREME

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:38 pm
Angela: Yeah I know they gave it a 4 out of 5, but that's because they don't know the Resident Evil series deep like we do. Also they look at is graphics, the plot outline, game controls and....well actually that's it. If it was reviewed on x play from a fan's point of view they would make it 2, or maybe 3 since the graphics are decent. But I would never put on a 4 or 5.

edit: As far as Morgan Web goes...well it's cool that they have a female reviewer on the show, but Putting herself in as a gaming goddess is just too much, and plain stupid. I know a bunch of females in my classes that could kick her sorry a** any time in certain games.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:14 am
But... If they were looking at the storyline... I mean there's absolutely no character development, whatsoever.
Which is sad, because even RE0 had character development, so it's not like they completely lost their sense of character development around that time.
With RE4, the storyline really did seem like it didn't matter, and it was only there to drive the gameplay along.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:32 am
Bio: You really do have a point there. Yeah I especially liked RE0 those annoying leeches. Well when I mean they looks at storyline I don't mean that they get in depth. It's more like they look at the back of the cover and only play a little bit of it. They don't go deep into Character development, after all they're only going to give like a few minutes review, and then rate.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 509 510 511 512 513 514 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games