Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 510 511 512 513 514 515 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:42 am
I mean, let's look at out characters. Rebecca is the biggest one. She enters, this rookie, forced to cooperate with Billy, doesn't trust him one bit.
By the end of the game, I'm sure there's no one else in the world, she'd have trusted more with her life. Not only did her attitude toward Billy change, but she herself became stronger and braver.

Billy enters, this escaped convict badass, up to his neck with sarcasm.
By the end, he shows his more genuine and more humane side.

With RE4, it had nothing. Leon entered a wise cracking smart a** who's invincible against anything, jumping out the windows as early as the very first fight. He goes in, saves Ashley, and finishes the game, the same invincible smart a**. There was absolutely no character development. At all.
And the same goes for everyone. The most development we've seen is in Luis who starts off alive, and ends up dead. And if that's the best character development Capcom is able to do at this point, then maybe they need to take creative writing lessons. Scratch that maybe, they DEFINITELY need to take creative writing lessons.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:50 am
I took creative writing lessons, and it was very helpful. I agree that Capcom really needs work. Poor Luis Sera. But bio, what I'm saying is that in the X play review they don't care about that stuff.  

Alkaizer87

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:19 am
I like Code Monkeys too, and I do miss the days of old with judgement day and cheat, but now it's just bleh, except for the fact that I have come to like Attack of the Show a little more then I used to, actually watching it every now and then...I get a kick out of Ninja Warrior though ha ha...

rofl Man-Jawed Morgan

Are you guys freakin' kidding me?!?! RE4 had tons of character development:

Leon went from Wise-cracking smart-assed invincible hotness to Wise-cracking smart-assed UBER invincible hotness...Well, I guess that's not much of a difference, but here's some more examples to convince you:

Ashley went from Prez's little ho to Prez's little ho fo show fo Leon

Luis Sera went from Cocky funny bad-a** to dead

Ada went from dress wearing uber hot badass to dress wearing uber hot baddass with a sense of humour! (Gotta love the key-chain she gives to Leon)

Must I go on?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:31 am
Alkaizer87
I took creative writing lessons, and it was very helpful. I agree that Capcom really needs work. Poor Luis Sera. But bio, what I'm saying is that in the X play review they don't care about that stuff.

I thought you said they do look at the story?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:53 am
Alkaizer87
Angela: Yeah I know they gave it a 4 out of 5

They actually gave it a 5 out of 5 on both the GC and PS2 versions, and a 4 out of 5 on the Wii version, and they gave it GotY 2005, and they say it's the best game on the GC, and they say it's one of the best games of all time. They think RE of old is archaic.

X-Play used to be so good until they got all informative. And I liked Cheat! better when it was its own show... And when Cory Rouse hosted it. Kristen Holt was awesome, but I loved Cory. xd

And I miss Filter too. Diane Mizota was great. Now she's the girl who pulls out the balls on Bingo America with Richard Karn on Game Show Network. What a step up.

And Judgment Day was sweet too. Tommy was so brutal (but he loved Charlie and the Chocolate Factory! xd )

And G4TV.com was a pretty neat show too. All the goodies back when it was G4 Tech TV, not just G4. Now it's just a channel that has X-Play, Attack of the Show!, Cops 2.0, Star Trek 2.0, Star Trek: TNG 2.0, Heroes, Lost 2.0, Cheaters, etc. What the hell, really. Way to be about games.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:17 pm
Canas Renvall
Alkaizer87
Angela: Yeah I know they gave it a 4 out of 5

They actually gave it a 5 out of 5 on both the GC and PS2 versions, and a 4 out of 5 on the Wii version, and they gave it GotY 2005, and they say it's the best game on the GC, and they say it's one of the best games of all time. They think RE of old is archaic.

X-Play used to be so good until they got all informative. And I liked Cheat! better when it was its own show... And when Cory Rouse hosted it. Kristen Holt was awesome, but I loved Cory. xd

And I miss Filter too. Diane Mizota was great. Now she's the girl who pulls out the balls on Bingo America with Richard Karn on Game Show Network. What a step up.

And Judgment Day was sweet too. Tommy was so brutal (but he loved Charlie and the Chocolate Factory! xd )

And G4TV.com was a pretty neat show too. All the goodies back when it was G4 Tech TV, not just G4. Now it's just a channel that has X-Play, Attack of the Show!, Cops 2.0, Star Trek 2.0, Star Trek: TNG 2.0, Heroes, Lost 2.0, Cheaters, etc. What the hell, really. Way to be about games.

Well, it's just how it always is. I mean, wasn't MTV the very first channel dedicated to music. And now... How many times a day do you actually see music videos on that channel?

Oh... And... Best game on GC? One of the best games of all time? Old RE Archaic? There isn't a curse word foul enough to describe the degree of bull s**t that is.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:43 pm
I would say there's around 2 hours dedicated to music on that channel now. The only thing I've watched on there recently was From G's to Gents. I first got into it for the trainwreck factor in those type of shows, but it turned out to be addictive and pretty good.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:43 pm
They need to realize that just because Xzibit hosts Pimp My Ride, it doesn't mean that it's a 'music' related show.

Woot, I just got my copy of Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare in the mail.... Brand new copy... It was so painful to open the seal.
But I do intend to actually play it.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:40 pm
The PS3 version? eek

Next week, there's two games coming out that I really want, but I'll only be able to rent one! gonk

I've been really amped for the PS3 Alone in the Dark after playing the demo, and then there's the new Tomb Raider, and I'm a huge fan of that series.

I have no clue which one I'll go with. crying  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:18 pm
No, the PS1 version. The prequel to the new one for the PS3. I know I'll probably wait for Alone in the Dark, because like I said, I want to play the prequel to it first. Tomb Raider, though, I'm getting right away, along with Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:21 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Alkaizer87

I thought you said they do look at the story?
they do, but they don't go so in depth into character development. They would jsut mention that you have to save the presidents daughter and there's a group named los illuminados, that's ran by a guy named Saddler, and that meet an old friend (Ada), but that's about it. They wouldn't mention anything about character development.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:31 am
Well, the way you said it, I though you meant they actually put the story into consideration when giving their rating. Either way, from what Canas described they said about it, it's obvious that they're as full of crap as any other publication.

On a brighter note. Go to gamefaqs.com and vote for Dante. Why? Because so far, he's just, just head of Leon, and if Dante is one of the winners (the other being Kirby, no questions about it), then Leon doesn't get to move on.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:36 am
Will do...

Edit: Pah, Leon's so far behind, even if he hacked the web he wouldn't be able to win. Wait a minute...Leon won against Riku?! Oh...I gues that makes sense since Riku doesn't have long range weapons. Leon with his pu$#y @$$ weapons, M chief will clean his clock good.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:36 am
I really don't see the point of those contests though. I mean, let' face it, 90% of the characters participating, you KNOW they don't stand a chance at the #1 spot.

And I have no doubt that a Final Fantasy character will win. Probably Cloud or Sephiroth. You know, one of those overrated characters that appeal to girls obsessed with Japan.

On another note, I think Alone in the Dark: New Nightmare, might just be the best looking Survival Horror game for the PS1.  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:01 am
I love the Tomb Raider series too, and I had a blast playing it for the Wii...I was surprised, because I thought it was going to be horrible for the Wii, but it wasn't (I am talking about Anniversary); It was actually an exhilarating experience...I reserved Underworld right when the street date release hit the stores...Can't wait!

Today, I'm buying my first new game for the Wii since Brawl hit stores, jeez, about 8 MONTHS AGO!!! (I don't count games that I buy and sell right away, hee hee, because if you do that, you don't have to pay a single DIME!!! Better then renting!!!) That's how bad it's library has been for me...The only game I wanted to get was Okami, but I never got around too it...So, Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, HERE I COME scream !!!

@Bio: Well, duh. Certain characters are always going to win, undoubtedly. No one can just get over their obsession with them. Sadly, I went to four game stops and didn't find a single Silent Hill game (Other then the one for the PS3)...So, my search must continue.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 510 511 512 513 514 515 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games