Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 510 511 512 513 514 515 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess Rhode
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:27 am

Oh noes! D:
-hops away-

I was mucking around in towns today.
The way I jump is so weird.
I hop like I'm on steriods or something. XDD

@Tosh:
Onee-chan, gimme one? :DD;

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:32 am
Thank you everybody! whee I'm trying not to think about it. I kinda panic when I do... gah. I keep thinking about all the mistakes I must've done and... gonk

*cough* Anyway...

@Sapp: You can't get A*s in AS and A Level, only As, so Niphy did veeery well. 4laugh In GCSE, my year, you can get A*s though. I'm sure I didn't get any Bs... I hope so anyway. But straight A*s seems a long way away... xd

@Sin: I love your froggy! Gama-chan! *hugs Gama plushie*  

Chibito7

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:03 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
@Sin: OO: Omgsh, they jump?!

I must get one. xD

Edit: LOL

What kind of frogs jump like that?

xDD
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:34 pm
@Everyone - Thanks (:

@B&B - It's not that difficult.. (I got 13 P: so it can't be that hard if even I managed, && quite a few of my friends got straight A*s as well. Most people in my year got A*s and As) good luck! <3 I'm sure you'll do fine.

My friend got 6As.. [Maths & F.Maths, the three sciences, & Chinese] -___-" and she wants to retake Chemistry 'cause she got 277/300. I mean. WTF. xP

The frog thing is... so, so weird.

I bet Charlie reads chick-flick mangas..

Niphz
Crew

mewonthefreeway

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:30 pm
277/300???
And she wants to retake???
I wish I could do that well in sciency stuffs gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:40 pm
She's insane.. @__@;;

I dropped all my sciences. (:

Niphz
Crew

` T a p i o c a `

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:52 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.t0sh - ah I see... ninja
How did you get so much summoning tomes?! =O

B&B - oh~
I know you can definitely get A*s in GCSE's. I just don't know much about A levels xp
BTW in sixth form is it like the time where you can take any other subjects that you couldn't choose for your GCSE's? - friend told me about sixth dunno if she's telling the truth though -_____-;;

Niph - Your friend must have a really high target for herself o.O
Kinda sounds like one of my freakish friends >.>;;;
Wasn't happy that she didn't surpass me in science, even though she passed her targets...now studying like an idiot in the summer rolleyes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:28 pm
Although 789, by the time you get to A-levels they're going to introduce A*s since so many people are getting As nowadays..

It's true you can take other subjects (our school, for example, offers History of Art, Photography and Government & Politics to name a few; other schools offer a lot more eg Psychology, Business Studies, etc), but I'd say that most people I know tend to go for the 'traditional' subjects (Maths, English, History etc) since universities regard them more highly.

The thing is.. my parents were like 'why can't you be more like Jenny' [277 Chem girl] and it's like.. I don't really want to be such a minute-detail-perfectionist.. -__-"

Niphz
Crew

` T a p i o c a `

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:37 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Why do things always change for the worst for me? -_________-
My parents would probably expect an A* >.> Too much pressure stressed

Yeah, we have Psychology and Business Studies for GCSE's, but not the other ones at your school~
I'd probably stick with a traditional subjects~ Gonna take textiles and probably histroy for 6th form then. Maybe a language too~

Lol, parents like comparing their children to other people.

Recently this 14 year old girl in HK got really good marks in English and was good enough to get into Uni o.O

Good thing my parents haven't compared me to such things yet ^^;;;

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:28 pm
@Sapphire: I stole it. <___<>___>

In exchange for money... xD

Ahh.

Tosh still has some Bs.

;__;

-phailure-

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

Minielf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:30 pm
Niphz
@Everyone - Thanks (:

@B&B - It's not that difficult.. (I got 13 P: so it can't be that hard if even I managed, && quite a few of my friends got straight A*s as well. Most people in my year got A*s and As) good luck! <3 I'm sure you'll do fine.

My friend got 6As.. [Maths & F.Maths, the three sciences, & Chinese] -___-" and she wants to retake Chemistry 'cause she got 277/300. I mean. WTF. xP

The frog thing is... so, so weird.

I bet Charlie reads chick-flick mangas..

Wow, 277/300 is still not good enough for your friend huh. I guess she's a perfectionist.

Sin: You can jump in towns now? I've got to check it out.

Tosh: I learned about Charlie's red lightsaber a long time ago. Just look at his profile and you'll find out his darkest secrets! pirate  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:33 pm

I still don't get what A*'s are.
But whatever. P:

o:
Sin does textiles.
It's really fun. :3

@Tosh:
Frogs on steroids do. 8]

Princess Rhode
Crew

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:40 pm
@Sin - For GCSEs it goes (from top down) A*, A, B, C, D, E, F, G, U; for A-levels only A, B, C, D, E, U.

@789 - You guys have those subjects for GCSE? Gosh.

Thing is, I'd hate to have gone to uni at 14 or something. It's so bad for your development, because you'd be surrounded by people who are a lot more mature - mentally, and socially, if not intellectually. It's like cutting out half your childhood. Which is why I totally support British universities' insistence that you're at least 18 when you go.

EDIT :: Also, whilst I'd like to thank Mihiko and others who have invited me to join guilds recently, I apologise that I have to decline such invitations since I am deeply committed to two guilds only on Gaia and have not the time or energy for more, and I feel guilty for being inactive. So thanks, but no thanks. (:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:03 am
*nods at Niph's explanation*

My school only offers the smallest range of subjects. At GCSE we have (along with English Lit and Lang, Maths, sciences and ICT short course):
- French
- Spanish
- Latin
- Greek
- German
- Geography
- History
- Religious Studies
- Music
- Food and Textiles Technology*
- Art

And it doesn't mean we can choose the best combinations to our heart's content, because they need to fit it all in one schedule for such a small school. rolleyes

That's it. No Business, no Psychology. No Drama. Just that. And for A-Level, the only new ones you can take (and this is only if enough people choose them) are:
- Psychology ( 4laugh )
- Economics
- Politics
- Drama

We still don't do Business. Hah.

And the ones with *s next to them in the GCSE columns you can't take for A Level.

*sigh* It's a limited choice, but yeah... Whatever. I was planning on doing Maths rather than History. But I couldn't.

@Niph: My parents compare me all the time, and I think it has actually driven me insane. They don't realise how much pressure they place on me, and I'm not one who can take the package. They're always going on about these good friends of theirs who have five children, all doing/did/about to do medicine, and they got amazing results in their GCSEs and they don't even go to private school. I've never been amazing or hardworking at my school, but they still pay bucket loads every year. It's not like I chose to go to private school though - no other state schools let me in (wasn't in the catchment area) and so I resorted to private, and my parents were the ones who chose my school. Not me. Uh uh. But the guilt is still on my shoulders. For wasting their money. Having to get better results than these other guys. Plus I ain't doing medicine anymore. I'm pretty much a dsiappointment and utter failure. And apparently I have an attitude problem too.

rolleyes

Ah. Great. How many times have I ranted to other people about this? I should start visiting the Rant Thread more. Meh.

@Sapp as well: Thank you, both of you. I think I got As and A*s (everyone mostly at my school will have, otherwise how could we be second/third in the country? Bah... Damned school), but I'm worrying already how many A*s I got. If I will be able to be on par with those other kids. rolleyes I wish I didn't go to private school. I hate being made to feel like I'm a guilty fraud with my parents' money. The more I think about it, the more I think I won't have gotten that many A*s. I mean, I should (and would be) happy with just straight As, but... I've been brought up thinking if I don't get A*s, it's the end of the world. It certainly feels like it right now. sad

Oh, and Niphy, your friend is tooooo ambitious. Man. I would be rejoicing. God, I would be ecstatic! My friend is just like that though. Gah. She really is. No doubt she'll get straight A*s, and she plans on doing medicine too. *sigh*

I dropped all the sciences as soon as possible. Thank god.  

Chibito7

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:05 am
@B&B - Your school sounds.. awfully like mine. In fact, my dear, we are basically the same person. What with the whole private-school doing-well Chinese-parents-who-pressurise and stuff like that. xD I know that feeling, trust me, of needing to prove myself to my parents and make them happy and not feel guilty etc. But really what you have to do is think of it in the way that you want to do well, but it's for yourself, not for anyone else. That way, even if you do badly, you will be able to learn from it more easily instead of just dwelling on getting a bad result, ne?

Oh, you are welcome to rant on MSN to me, PM me your email? <3

Don't think about the results too much, especially so early (four days is a heck of a long time when you're waiting). Just enjoy your summer for now, and if you really must think about it just like.. identify the areas which you think you did well//not well in and work out why that is the case, etc. It's far more useful than just plain panicking. 3nodding

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 510 511 512 513 514 515 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games