Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 511 512 513 514 515 516 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

` T a p i o c a `

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:12 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.t0sh - You're not a failure just because you got some B's~
At least you got at least 1 A right? ^^

Niph - Yep, we also have media studies <3

B&B - We have...
English // Must do
Science // Must choose either Triple or psychology
Maths // Must do
Design Tech // Graphic Products or Food or Resistant Materials or Textiles or Product Design
RE // Must do short course otherwise RE Sociology
PE // Even if you don't take it you just have it once a week as a normal lesson
PSHE // Everyone must do it, it also relates to ICT
Art
Business Studies
Childcare
Geography
History
Media Studies
ICT
Leisure and Tourism
French
German
Sanish
Music
Drama // single or double

Why do we have so many choices compared to other schools..? @_____@

And yeah I'd feel guilty too if my parents sent me to a private school and I wasted their money by not making and progress there -______-;;
Plus it'd be good if you at least got one A* and a few A's as long as you tried your best 3nodding

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:44 pm
..we don't have media studies xD I think our school likes to be rather traditional. Generally it's the more modern schools & state schools which do the new subjects and stuff. 3nodding

Niphz
Crew

Chibito7

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:50 pm
Ah yes, most state schools do have more varied subjects. Private schools like to stay with traditional things, so... I suppose it's because we're a small school and we want to keep the results good. *shrugs*

Niphy, my email is pv1234@hotmail.com Not a secret, lol. My msn - ooh, you just signe din now. I can't, about to sleep. Email me whenever. We can rant to one another. I need somebody at the moment. I find it easier to talk when typing online, actually. Toki ain't here. And I don't want to talk to my real life friends, sometimes. They've heard it all before, hahaha... Or they're not suited to listening to me cause they just don't get it. My old online friends have always been wonderful. Toki-chan being one of them. *huggles non-existent Toki*

I think I tried my best, Sapp. My parents will never agree. *laughs* Truth is, I didn't revise much. I haven't been able to revise well since a few years back. Too stressed about... everything. And procrastinated. Plus I hate memorising so much in one go. I remember recent stuff, but we don't do tests in modules, so... Meh, whatever. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:28 pm
Ah, it's kinda fun to see how other people who are taking the university entrance exams are coping. pirate mrgreen I sat my exam two years ago, and my experience was a little different to all you British folk.

I think Sin's already got into university already, or is she sitting her exams this year?  

Minielf

kt_jingle

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:35 pm
oh cool. i still have years to go.
i'm 14. we take A levels (some kind of tests to see which university you can go to) at 18.
ah it feels good being able to post on ICU again.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:22 pm
Man, this has turned totally school-y.
O_O

User Image

xoCrow

Alexander Remure

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:36 pm
Ah.

Compared to the assignments you have to do afterwards,entrance exams to a university are ridiculously easy.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:51 pm
ninja  

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:07 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
OO:

Charlie doesn't have a light saber?

What's the meaning of this?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:47 pm

@Mini:
Trials are over.
The exam starts in October.
-nodnod-

@Tosh:
Perhaps Charlie is hoarding them and leaving them in his storage as he waits for them to inflate? O:

Princess Rhode
Crew

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:52 am
@t0sh - I feel your pain surprise..

@B&B - I added you.. wait how do you know I just signed on? What? -confuuuusion-

I'm.. applying in like a month OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG SCARINESS. Ahhhhhh. And I still need to make those corrections to my personal statement dammit and I need to figure out this LNAT test stuff and ahhhhh. -hyperventilation-

@Purest - Shush. Leave us to wallow in our delusions plzkthxbaiii xD

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:17 am
@sin : -agrees- 3nodding

@niph:Huhhahwah?

Alexander Remure

` T a p i o c a `

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:38 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Niph - Ah I see~
So public schools like having as many subjects as possible -_______-
Which means more work and more memory used @_______@

B&B - Aw~ Parents just want the ultimate best for their children >.> They probably want like 100% correct to make em happy.
But my parents are like "Yeah? So what if you do get top marks of your class? You're useless at home! There's no point in you getting top marks!"

I don't revise much either xp
I usually revise the most at the beginning of each exam xd
But yeah, you're supposed to revise stuff over and over again to get it stuck in your head >.> Tried it...didn't work, forgot the whole formulae for this stupid simplifying expressions in maths >.>
Then after the exams everything I revised just disappears lol

kt - you take those kinds of tests already? o.O
I'm kinda glad that I don't live where you are xd // yeah I'm 14 too =3

Crow - yep...cos everyone is moving forward in school ^^

It seems like Charlie prefers the tome over the light saber =O

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:29 am
Hi everybody! Long time no see mrgreen lol. I'm finally in college. As in, on campus, moved in etc. It's sooo weird. xd anyways, I've decided I'm really excited on going to class and working and (this is the best thing ever really) I've got some free time!! rofl anyways off to continue my orienntation whee  

mymiridon

Minielf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:17 pm
t0ngt0ng

@Mini:
Trials are over.
The exam starts in October.
-nodnod-

@Tosh:
Perhaps Charlie is hoarding them and leaving them in his storage as he waits for them to inflate? O:

Ah so your final exams are in October! Good luck with them then! I bet you want to go to the University of New South Wales right?

And Charlie is hiding his lightsaber because he wants us to think he's a mild-mannered gentleman. xp

Niph: Wow, you're applying for uni places in a month. It's scary isn't it? I can remember the time I applied for my university courses. It took me ages to really figure out what courses I should apply for. I had to completely redo them again after my exam results came out as several major options like Law and Medicine were definitely closed to me. Even then I still didn't get the perfect degree I wanted. It's probably much harder for you because there's so many good universities to choose from over there. You've got the one and only Oxbridge and then there's tons of other regional universities. Whereas here there's really only two good universities to choose from.  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 511 512 513 514 515 516 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games