Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 512 513 514 515 516 517 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

berryscary1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:16 pm

forget about trig,chemistry and law,major in woodshop lol
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:15 am

@Sapp: *sigh* Yes. Parents do want the best. They just have an odd way of conveying it. I understand it better now, but there are still some things I wish they'd see from my POV. I am no longer a five-year-old. I may act it at times, I may still want to be, but they have to let that go, even if I'm not ready. Otherwise, I'll never be ready, will I? *laughs* I wish I had your parents. My parents think I'm useless at home anyway. But that's because they've never asked me to do any work at home until now, even when I asked them when I was a kid. I was one of the only children of my age that never did chores or anything. I've been spoilt in that matter; like I said, I'm not very independent. sweatdrop

@Niph: Lol, you added me a while ago when Crow asked for everyone's msn. I have yours... and Crow's. And Toki's. That's it for Gaian friends. I've barely ever signed in, to be honest; I'm always on appear offline. xd I know it's you who's signing in, cause you have these [[]] around your screen name. 3nodding

And good luck with the uni applications. *shudders at the thought* Another year to go for me.

Chibito7

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:59 pm

..so you've been watching all this time and never bothered to say hi?! D:

@'elfy - It's okay, we get 5 choices. I'm actually quite stuck as to how I'll fill my last choice in.. xD

@miridion - Welcome back! I hope everything is running smoothly for you in a new environment.

@789 - The new subjects are reputed to be 'easier', although I couldn't tell you if they were or not, and I suspect they involve as much work as the old ones.. && totally agree about the parents.

@berry - Sometimes, that is very tempting indeed. >__<
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:10 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.B&B - Ah you're lucky...sort've -___-;;

I used to be kinda spoilt when I was a kid. Then when money problems came in I wasn't spoiled anymore >.>;;

berry - what's so good about woodshop? o.O
You do nothing but breathe in saw dust D=

Niph - Apparently Meda Studies is suppose to be easier - like easiest subject ever!
But no, it's pretty boring and too much stuff to it that I don't wanna learn -______-;;
Business Studies looks hard >.>;;

` T a p i o c a `

berryscary1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:01 pm

my whole life is woodshop!!! It's the only thing that gets me through the day. assembling the project,cuting lumber,sanding to a perfect luster and the occasional moron who just about comes short one digit. and there ain't nothing better than the smell of sawdust. All of the other options for electives were full one trimester and they gave me art so i just skipped that and went to woodshop because it is art!!! alright i can rant all day but then no one would ever read it. blaugh
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:44 pm

Niphz
..so you've been watching all this time and never bothered to say hi?! D:

@'elfy - It's okay, we get 5 choices. I'm actually quite stuck as to how I'll fill my last choice in.. xD

@miridion - Welcome back! I hope everything is running smoothly for you in a new environment.

@789 - The new subjects are reputed to be 'easier', although I couldn't tell you if they were or not, and I suspect they involve as much work as the old ones.. && totally agree about the parents.

@berry - Sometimes, that is very tempting indeed. >__<

5 choices is still pretty slim. I had the option of filling in 10 different degree applications to various universities. Usually only the first three should be legitimate degree choices; the rest is just to make up the numbers. I got my 3rd preference choice which was straight arts at Melbourne University. Unless you're extremely unlucky or stupid, it's unlikely that all top 3 choices will be rejected.

Minielf

Chibito7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:44 am

@Niph: Mwahaha, yes. *looks guilty* Sorry. I just don't like coming on msn at all... I wouldn't exactly say it's a waste of my time cause I don't wanna offend anyone, but normally there isn't anything of importance to say to anyone, and I know if I do get myself into a convo, I'll never get outta it and get abck to the other things I was meant to be doing... Generally roleplaying, writing/reading fanfiction, replying to emails, checking Gaia and watching anime. xd

So what are your other uni choices?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:10 am

Well, come online sometime, it's nice to have casual chatter once in a while, ne?

Mine are..
Emmanuel College, Cambridge
LSE
UCL
Durham [no idea what college yet, might go for University just cause it has a castle XD]
Exeter

I think. xD

@'elfy - TEN?! Crazy. @__@

@berry - Yes, but for us untalented people unfortunately we have to stick to school.. xP

@789 - Yeah that's what they say, but.. I have friends who do the 'newer' subjects and I can tell you apart from crit. thinking and gen. studies, they're not that easy.. having said that though I expect the 'hardcore' subjects are still more challenging.

Niphz
Crew

berryscary1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:08 pm

wiid shop is right up my ally for school because that's basically what i'll be doing iin tech school. I know this sounds impossible but i'm going to be a contractor that is'nt a con man biggrin
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:16 pm

*is talking to Niphy on msn... finally!*

ninja

xd

Chibito7

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:00 pm

Remember kids, the more you know... the further you'll go! 3nodding
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:13 pm

tamcharles
Remember kids, the more you know... the further you'll go! 3nodding
i bet i'd go further if i won the lottery!!! blaugh
just imagine all of the lumber i could buy.!!!

berryscary1

Alexander Remure

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:32 am

Does anyone give me their opinion on what Marketing is?

-hates holiday assignments-

So how's everybody?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:31 am

@Purest - ..hmm.. isn't it something like the promotion of a product or service for the purposes of encouraging existing or potential customers to buy said product or service? -just made that up-

Niphz
Crew

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:11 pm

Melodic Silence

Does anyone give me their opinion on what Marketing is?

-hates holiday assignments-

So how's everybody?

Marketing is a means to make a persuasive communication about a product or service a purpose of which the primary objective is to encourage recipients of the communication to purchase or use the product or service... in other words, spin-doctoring. ninja
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 512 513 514 515 516 517 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games