Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 513 514 515 516 517 518 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:16 pm
I think I loved Up Your Arsenal the best, with the first two in a close second. They're all so great... and they're all funny, too! Bio, be sure to pick up Size Matters for the PSP. It's seriously as good as its PS2 brethren (can't say PS3 'cause I haven't played Tools of Destruction yet).

By the way, when I was picking up Gears of War 2 last night, I came across the first Fatal Frame! I was so excited! whee I bought both GoW2 and Fatal Frame so when I'm done with GoW2 I'm gonna have to finish SH4 and Origins so I can play it. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:27 pm
Umm, yeah, I know, Canas. That was the point. I'm playing through the whole series. I still have to buy Deadlocked and the two for PS3, aside from that, I already have the two for PSP waiting.

Meh, they have Fatal Frame 1, 2 and 3 for sale at the other store in the mall. Not interested.
Now, the first Shadow Hearts game, that's something I'm considering picking up.  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:38 pm
I've always wanted to play the Ratchet and Clank and the Jak and Dexter series...And now I can...Yay! I dunno man, you say they're good, but are they Conker's Bad Fur Day good? Are they even better then my favorite video game of all time?...Doubt it. What's it's comedy style like? Dirty (Conker), Clean Dirty (Banjo-Kazooie), Clean (Paper Mario)...Something else?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:45 pm
Umm... It's kind of.... Clean Dirty I guess...

They're watching TV and there's an interview with a redneck and he's like, "He was runnin' round buck nekked! And he was holdin' a bananer!... Maybe it wasn't a bananer..."

Oh, and aside from Sloprano, Conker's Bad Fur Day, wasn't that great. Conker's voice actor, I thought, was somewhat untalented.

EDIT: But one of the things that makes Ratchet so so awesome is the gameplay modes. Aside from the standard platformer shooter that it is, it's got a spaceship mode, which allows you to do spaceship dogfights Star Fox style.
Racing mode which is different in every game, but usually resembles games like... Umm... I guess the only thing I can compare it to is a game called Kinetica, which was one of the first games to come out for PS2, so I dunno how many people played it. It's amazing though.

And of course, there are other minigames which are unique to each game.

And all those minigames are very well polished. So it's not like it's a half assed racing minigame, or half assed spaceship minigame, you can upgrade your ship, and everything.

Conker's only appeal, was the crudest of humor, and it was a gimmick, more than a BFD.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:51 pm
Canas Renvall
I think I loved Up Your Arsenal the best, with the first two in a close second. They're all so great... and they're all funny, too! Bio, be sure to pick up Size Matters for the PSP. It's seriously as good as its PS2 brethren (can't say PS3 'cause I haven't played Tools of Destruction yet).

By the way, when I was picking up Gears of War 2 last night, I came across the first Fatal Frame! I was so excited! whee I bought both GoW2 and Fatal Frame so when I'm done with GoW2 I'm gonna have to finish SH4 and Origins so I can play it. xd

How much did you pay for the first Fatal Frame?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:56 pm
There were many more things to it then it's crude humour. Conker had some of the funnest multi-player modes EVER; We (Meaning friends and I) played it more then any of my other games. I'm serious when I say it has some of the best multi-player modes out there: Very fun, and very addictive. It delved into many different genres, and the transition into each was very fun (From cavemen to zombies to world war II, how could it go wrong?). His voice actor might have not been the best, but the others were really well done (And hilarious, 'specially the scarecrow)...Umm, shitting cows...Also, the Matrix scene is really fun to play. The ending, ingenious. But 'nuff said.

Glad they don't skimp out on the mini-games, I hate when games do that *Glares at MK:A's Motor Kombat* Time-tease.

BFD?  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:02 pm
It's a term developers use to tell their big selling point to reporters. It stands for Big ******** Deal.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:30 pm
Ah, Ok.

The More You Know !!!  

King of Paradise

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:20 pm
I need to play the Ratchet and Clank series again... when the first one came out, I finally bought it (my friend had it about a year before I got it) and we raced to see how many times we could beat it before the end of the year. I won. xd I think I was on R... R7? Something like that.

And I paid $40, minus 20% because of my Edge card and a special print-off from the newsletter. biggrin So $32.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:23 pm
Canas Renvall
I need to play the Ratchet and Clank series again... when the first one came out, I finally bought it (my friend had it about a year before I got it) and we raced to see how many times we could beat it before the end of the year. I won. xd I think I was on R... R7? Something like that.

And I paid $40, minus 20% because of my Edge card and a special print-off from the newsletter. biggrin So $32.

Sweet deal! My friend almost paid $70 for a copy. sweatdrop  

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:30 pm
The ones I saw for sale were $60 each.

I remember back in... 2005 or 2006, I picked up Fatal Frame 2, it was $15. But since I didn't like it, I kinda traded it off... How I regret that, I could've gotten a much higher value for it today.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:58 pm
It's near impossible to find Fatal Frame 3... it makes me really sad... I don't feel like playing 60+ bucks for it... so I'm having my friend who works at EB look for it if it comes in on a trade or something.

And woo, being awake at 3am! lol  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:03 am
But then who's to say they won't charge extra for it for being rare?

And yes, being up at 3 AM, woot.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:09 am
Because this guy is like my brother, he wouldn't do that to me.  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:19 am
Does he manage the store, though? It might not be his choice.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 513 514 515 516 517 518 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games