Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 2595 2596 2597 2598 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:55 am
Anyway, my OC - Irene Watson - came into form when the trailers for the Sherlock Holmes movie came out.

Yes, I'm aware of the fact that the main female character in the movie is also named "Irene". But to be totally honest, back in those days, it was common for many women to have similar names.

When I was designing the name for my OC, I originally thought of going with the name "Erin"... but it didn't seem to fit the period. So, I thought of variations I could go with. Irene came to mind. And it stuck. Why Watson as the surname? Because I'm a Watson in real life, and I thought it would be a suitable way of connecting her into the storyline. Especially since there's barely any mention of Watson's family in the books.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:58 am
Why did I go with her being a cousin, rather than some other relation (such as a sister)?

Well, considering the fact that Watson's family seems to be a bit non-exist in the books, I didn't want someone who was too closely related to him. If she was made as a sister, then there would be the question of why she came to visit now and not earlier? Plus if I do find more info about Watson's family ((still have yet to read all of the books))... I don't want complications to occur with certain facts.

At least with Irene being a cousin, she's still closely related, but not too close that it could cause complications. Plus with the certain romance that occurs with Irene's storyline, I felt Watson would be more acceptive of it, if she was a cousin rather than a sister.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:02 pm
She's still a work in progress right now. But as time goes by as I put more thought to her story and get around to reading the Sherlock Holmes stories... and the second movie ((yes, there's going to be a 2nd movie)) comes around... I might have a more firmer idea of who she is and what will be in store for her future. 3nodding

I'm sure you're wondering what the "romance" is.

Since I'm not sure if I'll post the other part of the storyline I thought up of, I'll go ahead and say it.

Irene develops feelings for Sherlock Holmes.

Personality wise, Irene is a combination of Watson and Holmes. She's proper and has a good image in public like her cousin... but she's just as wise, curious, creative, and inventive as our dear Mr. Holmes. She loves learning new things and Holmes feeds into that fascination with all the weird things he comes up with. smile Oh... and she loves playing the violin... just like Holmes.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:04 pm
Overall, there's quite a bit of myself in my character Irene. So, that helps me develop her personality a bit.

In fact... I too could potentially be considered a mixture of Watson and Holmes. 3nodding  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:16 pm
I'm off to eat some lunch.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:11 pm
I'm going to work on some stuff for a scholarship, so I'm going to exit out of Gaia, so I don't get distracted by it. sweatdrop Especially since the deadline for this scholarship is so darn close. Bloody hell... gonk  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:38 pm
Spent about three hours working on the essay. Still have some editing to do, but at least I managed to narrow it down to one page. whee

I also got the transcript request ready to be mailed. 3nodding So, I'll be going to get that later during the week.

Still have to wait on the letter of recommendations... assuming I hear back from my friends on the matter. xd

Lets see... anything else... hmm... nope... I think that takes care of everything that is needed.

Hopefully I can get it all together and sent before the end date for the scholarship.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:41 pm
*sighs* This whole process revolving financial issues is really stressing me out. At random times, when I get really stressed, I can feel myself almost reaching the threshold of having a breakdown.

Why does the schooling have to be so bloody expensive? Sure, it's a university and not a community college, but still! I can understand it being maybe twice as much as the community college... but three (or more) times as expensive... bloody hell. That's ridiculous!  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:52 pm
When I was going to community college, for a resident student, it costed around $80 per credit.

For this university, for a resident student (undergraduate), it costs $380 per credit.

YOU: surprised eek
ME: Uh... yeah. xp  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:08 pm
I tried doing a TekTek of my OC Irene... but it wasn't turning out nicely as soon as I found the right colors and what not that match the outfit I designed. xd

Oh well.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:15 pm
Me (in real life) as a mermaid... sweatdrop

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:22 am
Good morning everyone!  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:24 am
I'm doing alright. Just taking each day at a time.

Wondering whether I'll be able to get everything together in time for my scholarship or not. Right now I'm starting to doubt that I'll be getting it... especially with the letters of reference. Originally I thought had one taken care of... but she ended up backing out when she heard how soon I needed it ((she doesn't have the time to do it, since she's got various essays and midterms to do this week)). *sighs*  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:25 am
Still waiting to hear from the other two friends I contacted on the matter. I have a feeling I won't hear from one of them until it's too late, since she hasn't been getting online that often... even more so since she's started college.

The other one... I don't know if she's seen my message yet or not. And I know she's been online... so... xd  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:31 am
I started reading Pride and Prejudice last night. I'm already starting to love it.

But I guess it should be expected that I would love it since I've seen Pride and Prejudice (1995) and Lost in Austen (200 cool and loved both of them. 3nodding

Makes me in the mood to watch Lost in Austen again. Probably not going to be able to do it today, since I'll be going to town. Maybe tomorrow.  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 2595 2596 2597 2598 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games