Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Confession box. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 113 114 115 116 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:11 pm
Minielf
xXHotBabiBluXx
xoxCharlenexox
xXHotBabiBluXx
xoxCharlenexox
xXHotBabiBluXx

Yeah, I know, but I really want to be a sports forum moderator. xp

surprising how you actually found out the animal for 1989 and kept telling others you were born in the year of the snake...

There's something call "Internet". rofl

lol,,then surprising how you actually took the time to search just for a chance to be a mod...

Oh yes, if I was a mod, I'll be so happy right now. heart

I don't think being a Gaian Mod is all that rosy. Unlike the guilds, which have strict standards, the regular forums are full of noobs, trolls and other vermin. You're going to have to withstand countless vitriol everyday...and PM threats! blaugh I'd rather be an owner of my own forum rather than a mod.

In english please? Some words are too big for me, and besides, I'm only a C+ english student. crying  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:11 pm
thanks babi I guess ice cream might help not that my hearts as cold as ice... interesting yuor a C+ english student I am an A- one.  

kyoslove74

Romantic Prophet

8,500 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • First step to fame 200

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:57 pm
kyoslove74
thanks babi I guess ice cream might help not that my hearts as cold as ice... interesting yuor a C+ english student I am an A- one.

I can't believe I am. I was born here, lived here, and I still don't understand the way of the english language. xd I guess I watch too much chinese, and other asian stuff. =3  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:20 am
Babi, you can't possibly hope to be a mod if you're lying about your age.. -__-"" and if you're not a hugely known person in the sports forum.. oh, and you have to know a mod (I think) who's willing to take you on as a forum helper first.. or something. Yeh. sweatdrop It's not that easy.  

Niphredil Ithilmir

` T a p i o c a `

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:52 am
Hah, being a mod xd
Mod's have such hard jobs you know, they have to check up on threads and decide if they should be reported or not, be very active etc......the life of a Mod is hard pirate

Babi - o_O you didnt understand what Mini said? I perfectly understood, and you are older than me and you should be able to understand 3nodding The elders must set a perfect example for the younger ones

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:02 am
How old ish 789? ninja  

Niphredil Ithilmir

` T a p i o c a `

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:07 am
Niphredil Ithilmir
How old ish 789? ninja

im 13 why you ask? ninja

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:20 am
Damn, that's no fair, but I know about lots of sports. More than the people in the sports forum, and the sports forum moderators don't even do anything about spams and threat. Until I reported it. xd

I bet I can do what I mod can, but if I become a mod, I won't be on here much. But oh well. xd  

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

[Monchhichi]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:21 am
xXHotBabiBluXx
Damn, that's no fair, but I know about lots of sports. More than the people in the sports forum, and the sports forum moderators don't even do anything about spams and threat. Until I reported it. xd

I bet I can do what I mod can, but if I become a mod, I won't be on here much. But oh well. xd

i thought you knew more about cars...  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:37 am
xoxCharlenexox
xXHotBabiBluXx

i thought you knew more about cars...

I know about those too. 3nodding  

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Minielf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:52 pm
xXHotBabiBluXx

You should listen to what Niph and I have to say. To put my first post in simpler terms: if you're really keen on being a mod, be prepared to withstand being absued, threatened and insulted in many ways, and not react to them in a kneejerk way.

A huge knowledge about sports isn't a crucial requirement to becoming a sports mod, though that may help. What you need to be, like Niph said is a person of authority in the sports forum, who is willing to speak out whenever a person breeches the ToS.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:15 am
Thing is.. we can complain all we like about the mods while we're just ordinary Gaians.. I know I do sometimes.. but I expect their job is a lot harder than we expect.. I was reading Aquafire's journal some time ago and it was like.. woah.  

Niphredil Ithilmir

soumakisa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:25 am
i was once a mod in some other forum... and it was like sweatdrop
forums can be messy at times.. irrelevant topics posted all over the place... and u have to sort and everything... deal with the people and sometimes their 'fights' when it gets chaotic.... well... it's not hard but it's time consuming to read the topics that sometimes u arent keen on reading... etc  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:45 am
Kisa - and so you quitted eventually rolleyes ? and i think the hardest forum to moderate is the Chatterbox 3nodding since the topics on there are so random, that the title of a particular thread can make you not want to read it, good thing there is a petition to clean the chatterbox rolleyes Mods of the chatterbox must have a very hard time in that forum, so more Mods are needed 3nodding
which forum were you moderating anyway, if it was the Chatterbox i feel so sorry for you

` T a p i o c a `

soumakisa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:10 am
didnt quit.. but my friend's forum closed down xd coz he didnt want to continue subscribing to the host and space..
i wasnt a mod in gaia..  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 113 114 115 116 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games