Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 518 519 520 521 522 523 ... 2595 2596 2597 2598 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:21 pm
Tuesday Mom and I will be going to my Aunt Kathy's place, and will be doing some quilting. It'll be exciting to do. Especially since I'll get to make my own quilt. Not sure what design I want to do yet though. *shrugs* Really depends on what fabrics we already have and what not.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:28 pm
*sighs* Mom's looking at the materials we have right now and is basically wanting me to figure out which of the materials I like and possibly a design I'm interested in doing. So... once I finish the section of South Pacific I'm on right now, I'm going to do some researching of some quilt designs. *rolls eyes*  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:15 pm
Alright... I've figured out some quilt designs I've liked. I think I'm going to do a London themed quilt. :) With the design, it'll be fairly simple and easy to do. So... now it's just a matter to drawing up a quilt design that incorporates the different images I liked. Then I can figure out the coloring and materials I can use for it.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:21 pm
Allow me to show you my thoughts....

Hi, Moonie.

.... and that was the cerebral perception

Cerebral Perception

Eloquent Lunatic

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:41 pm
I'm gonna go ahead and log off from here.

So talk to you later.

#f51379
#a51cba

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:42 pm
Cerebral Perception
Allow me to show you my thoughts....

Hi, Moonie.

.... and that was the cerebral perception

Hey Jax.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:29 am
Good morning everyone.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:31 am
Yesterday my Aunt Becky, Matt and the kids came up to visit. Unfortunately the power ended up going out during their time here, due to a burst of stormy weather. After the guests left to go to the kids' brother's birthday party, my parents and I went out for dinner since the power was still out - and we needed to get groceries anyway. There quite an area of power outage as we drove down into town. Thankfully the power was back on when we got home.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:34 am
So, the last time I was here chatting, I was talking about how I was trying to figure out a design for the quilt I'll be making when I go to my Aunt Kathy's place with my Mom ((tomorrow)).

Originally I planned on doing a London themed quilt with the traditional icons of London (i.e. double decker bus, telephone box, Big Ben, etc.). Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how I wanted to organize the icons. So, I ended up going back to the drawing board. I looked over the material that we had and tried to figure out what I wanted to do... and then looked again at some possible, simple quilt designs I could do. In the end, I figured something out.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:36 am
While it may not be the original London themed quilt idea I had, there's still an echo of British theme to it. We had some material that had tea and lamps and what not design... has sort of a British feel to it. And I'm debating between two different red colored materials - one is maroon red with small white flowers, the other is a mostly red tartan styled material. *nods*

If I get picture of my quilt, I'll show them off here. So you can see what I ended up going with. :)  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:56 am
Yay! I finally was able to make an 8-bit version of myself on BEP's Facebook. :)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:01 pm
I was going to share a video that a friend of my re-posted of footage of the Tsunami flooding that occurred over in Japan. Unfortunately it's on Facebook, and I know a lot of you don't have Facebook, so I don't think most would be able to see it. *shrugs* And I don't know if I would be able to find the exact one if it's uploaded on YouTube.

None the less... it gave me a new perspective on the devastation that the Japanese had to deal with. In a matter of 6 minutes the water went from just a light covering of water on the road to reaching the tops of stores' doorways and pulling buildings away from their original locations. Unbelievable!  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:16 pm
Off to eat lunch, and take a shower. ^.^;  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:34 pm
Good afternoon everyone.

After lunch, Mom and I went to JoAnns to get some things that we needed for our quilting day tomorrow. We also got a couple of patterns that we'll potentially use to make a couple dress from the fabric we had. Originally I wanted to do an Anastasia opera dress-inspired dress with the blue silky material we have... but we don't have enough material do it. *sighs* Oh well.

Besides that we also started making my own sewing box of stuff. :) I think there will be more creative projects in my future now that I have the means to do it.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:38 pm
I was having fun looking through the sewing pattern books at JoAnns. Even found some potential pattern ideas for future projects. Like this one that might use as inspiration for my 19th C. outfit to go with the mini top hat I bought awhile ago: Simplicity 2207 Misses Costume  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 518 519 520 521 522 523 ... 2595 2596 2597 2598 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games