Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angel Eclipse

Back to Guilds

A unique role playing community! 

Tags: Roleplaying, Fantasy, Adventure, Angel, Eclipse 

Reply Role Playing [Verspya]
Talking while you role play Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 522 523 524 525 526 527 ... 1662 1663 1664 1665 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CactiAndCanaries

Quotable Elocutionist

10,250 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:18 pm

XD i just learned a few more colourful words from my short angry friend

She is gonna eat me!!!!!!!!!!!! gonk
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:20 pm

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Bleach was meant to be 52 episodes long but was extended due to popularity(Japanese popularity since it wasn't brought here that fast). Sorry if I offended anyone, but that's basically my view. And don't say it is because of peer pressure or anything of the like. I DID give Naruto a fair chance. I DID watch I think ten episodes of Bleach and I quickly lost interest(due to a few reasons which will only make things worse). And I actually must have watched at least a hundred Inuyasha episodes until I finally caught on that this was the same Rumiko stuff rehashed over and over again so I got sick and tired of watching that weekly(yes, in English dub. They'll never get Kirara's name right). So I will apologize if I offended anyone, but I did try the shows out and they really are not up to par with the shows that never come over here(and the ones that do but are not on TV for length and content more than likely).
FMA actually wasn't that bad. I never finished it though. Not saying that I won't, it's just on the backburner.

And Durithill, Newfoundlanders believe both phrases mean the same thing. To us, trying to 'preach to a choir' is like trying to tell them all to do one thing and they refuse to listen since you are not their preacher.

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

KelpMonger
Crew

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:25 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.All Hail the Reign of the Ostriches!User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Let it hereby be announced that:
I've never really watched Bleach, couldn't get into it, though it seemed interesting... :/
Naruto and Inuyasha, I hated(As well as DBZ for that matter. First season was good, but then it got repetitive)

And as for the argument of seeing things in the original form- best stick with manga then... Manga to anime translations(Transitions would be a better word) are often horrible.

But, yeah.
I'mma try to stick to my .debate this time, though I didn't add much.

...that is all
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:30 pm

Ucchan she didnt mean it!!!!!!!!!!!

CactiAndCanaries

Quotable Elocutionist

10,250 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

KelpMonger
Crew

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:31 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.All Hail the Reign of the Ostriches!User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
*Just barely saw it before it was deleted*
Did Ukyo even see that? o.0'
Oh, and 'dudette'? 0.o

...that is all
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:34 pm

its the chick version of dude XD
isnt it narly?

pray to god she didnt

CactiAndCanaries

Quotable Elocutionist

10,250 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:35 pm

I actually agree with you on DB. I saw the full first season and then one episode of Z and said, "Oh hell no" and stopped xd Instantly lost interest.
Manga usually is better than anime. It's closer to the artist and it often shows what the artist wants revealed much better than animated counterparts do. I don't like it that most mangaka have stupid things like editors forcing them to change things. It restricts them. But it's still much better overall. The anime I often find is easier to swallow for some series when you read the mange first *cough*Mahoromatic*cough*

And Puppet I did see it. Want me to post what lovely things I had in store for her?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:38 pm

@Ukyo: I don't watch Bleach (seen one episode?) and I don't watch Inyuyasha either.
I read Bleach, but that's a different issue. Now it's more about finishing the story than anything else.

That's an odd interpretation of that phase, lol. I don't quite get it, but if that's what it means to you then alright.

Edit: And agreed that the manga's better, lol.

@Estu: Bleach was alright until they finished in the Soul Society, because there was the tradtional elements of a story like character development. After they get back though, it's more like animes like Naruto and DBZ where everyone's just trying to have the biggest attacks.
Again, I read the books though. A lot was probably changed in the anime.

Durithill the Black Blade

Dapper Gekko

14,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100

KelpMonger
Crew

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:41 pm

@Durithill: I think that's about the time I just couldn't watch it anymore
@Ukyo I'd read more manga, but I can't keep up with action in manga, so I only read it for the less action-y stuff. (And yet I've read some way into rorouni Kenshin and Yu Yu Hakashu(Sp?) in mange... :/)

...that is all
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:41 pm

im super sorry ukyo!
I ment to delete it before you saw it

She is touchy

(i blame T.o.m. gonk )

Please dont be angry at me!

CactiAndCanaries

Quotable Elocutionist

10,250 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Sexy Pudgy Pinkie Pie

Desirable Bachelorette

6,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:44 pm

I uh.. don't watch pretty much any anime anymore.
I'd LIKE to change that, by my mom's bf's dad is too lazy to convert my discs to .DVD so I can put them in my Xbox..
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:46 pm

About time they are trying to finish the Bleach manga. Even the Inuyasha manga is over now, and they are trying to make a sensible ending for the anime now(making one last season with hopefully a definite end)

I actually read Yuyu Hakusho. I thought it was alright, but the tournaments were sometimes too DBZ for my liking. and the power levels thing drove me nuts.

I am collecting the Rurouni Kenshin manga. On volume 13 of what, 28? ^_^;

And Puppet you really should keep a tighter leash on your friends if they are prone to posting on your account like that. If she got a problem with me, don't drag you into it. Tell her to lower herself into getting an account and we can PM each other without having to bring it up here all the time if she's that brainwashed. At least Duri and Estu know there are other shows out there besides Pokemon, Sailor Moon, Bleach, and Naruto. Or at least I'm HOPING they do...

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

Sexy Pudgy Pinkie Pie

Desirable Bachelorette

6,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:50 pm

OMG.
But only cause the only anime I CAN watch ((Not going out of my way to BUY it)) is the stupid s**t on Cartoon Network.
Role Playing [Verspya]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 522 523 524 525 526 527 ... 1662 1663 1664 1665 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games