Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 524 525 526 527 528 529 ... 2595 2596 2597 2598 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:04 pm
Now for another meme... and then I'll probably head off and spend time with my parents when I finish it.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:06 pm
1. Psycho Killer “I can’t seem to face up to the facts, I’m tense and nervous and I can’t relax. I can’t sleep cuz my bed’s on fire. Don’t touch me I’m a real live wire…”
What has kept you from a restful night’s sleep recently?

Hmm... there's two things that I can think of: my mind constantly thinking certain topics, and not being comfortable enough in my bed.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:07 pm
2. Life During Wartime “This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco…this ain’t no foolin around. No time for dancing or lovey dovey. I ain’t got time for that now…”
Where was the last nightclub or disco you went to?

I've never been to one...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:09 pm
3. Take Me To The River “Take me to the river. Dip me in the ocean. Take me to the river washing me down…”
When was the last time you took a dip in the water?

Well, I've waded through creek on the trails on my school's campus. But I don't think that's what you were asking.

As for actual swimming... hmm... I think a couple summers ago.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:10 pm
4. Found A Job “Their show gets high ratings, they think they have a hit. There might be a spin off, but they’re not sure ‘bout that”
What is your favorite TV spin off show of all time?

Um... I guess American Idol counts...? I mean it was inspired by the original show Pop Idol over in the U.K. *shrugs* I don't know. I don't think we've ever watched any spin-off shows before.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:12 pm
5. Once In A Lifetime “And you may ask yourself How do I work this? And you may ask yourself Where is that large automobile? And you may tell yourself This is not my beautiful house! And you may tell yourself This is not my beautiful wife!”
Are you happy with your choices of car, house and spouse/no spouse?

I love my car and house. As for the significant other... while being single is nice sometimes, there are other times that I wish I had someone to be with. But it's hard finding someone that I'm actually interested in... and are interested back and available. *sighs*  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:14 pm
6. This Must Be The Place “Out of all those kinds of people, you got a face with a view. I’m just an animal looking for a home, share the same space for a minute or two…”
Who has a face with a view?

Um... a building? Some statue that people are able to go up? One of those portrait paintings where the eyes are cut out so you can look through them from a hidden hallway between the walls? *shrugs*  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:17 pm
7. Girlfriend Is Better “I got a girlfriend that’s better than this, and you don’t remember at all. As we get older and stop making sense, You won’t find her waiting long…”
What is the shortest date or relationship you have ever had?

A week long.

The guy that I encountered last week at the Open House event at my school said that it didn't even count - that it was a one-week stand. Um... I don't think so. When it comes to one-day stands, the two in the "relationship" never call each other boyfriend/girlfriend that I'm aware of. Me and the guy I was dating actually called each other by the terms boyfriend/girlfriend.

And as I told him... when you've been single for as long as I've been, any relationship you've had - no matter how short they are - is quite significant.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:21 pm
I think that's one of the reasons why I was so turned off by that guy Jason. Sure, he was nice and we had a good conversation, but there were too many times where he got marked down in my head. Some examples:

I told him where I lived, and he joked "Oh, so that's where that smell comes from!" The town I live in is famous for it's paper mill and the smell it puts off. Mind you, I live no where near the mill. I live about 10-15 minutes away from it. While I am used to the joking around the smell, I was not impressed with his joke. If you are trying to impress a girl, you're not supposed to insult her by saying she smells [bad] - whether in a joking matter or not.

Then we talked about what sort of books I enjoyed reading - science fiction/fantasy and 19th C. Lit. He instantly pushed the 19th C. Lit. topic away calling it "boring." Um... no, mate. While I understand not everyone will have the same interests, I don't think it's nice to instantly dismiss her interests. If you're interested in the girl, you should at least take interest in what fascinates her about certain things. *rolls eyes* And especially when he was trying to get me to talk - you probably could have gotten me talking about quite a bit on that very subject.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:24 pm
And that leads me to another point... I'm used to everyone acknowledging how quiet I am and how I usually hang out by myself - especially if they've just met me and I'm still getting used to a new location. The way Jason tried to get me talking just irritated me a bit. I am naturally quiet, alright. It's a genetic trait basically. I'm quiet, my Dad's quiet, my Grammy's quiet... you get the idea. If you want to see me talk more, let me get comfortable with getting to know you more. If you want to see me hang out with others, either wait for a friend to introduce me to a group of people or let me get familiar with the location and people. I will naturally start gravitating towards people if I've crossed paths with them enough times that we're on a friendly basis.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:26 pm
I could go on and on about the different things that I got turned off by that Jason said/did. And now that I reflect back on them just briefly I realize more and more how my disinterest for is quite settled. There's no uncertainty about it.

Anyway... end of the ranting tangent... and back to the meme. whee  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:29 pm
8. Swamp “Everyone wants to explode. And when your hands get dirty, nobody knows you at all. Don’t have a window to slip out of . Lights on, nobody home”
Where was the last homeless person you saw and what was he/she doing?

When my Mom and I were driving back home from my Aunt Kathy's place, I saw a couple homeless people (each at a different place) standing at the stop lights at the highway entrances holding signs. Though I saw that one of them had a cellphone and was texting. *laughs* Sometimes it's interesting seeing homeless people with gadgets like that. I know not everyone is completely poor when they're homeless, but still... when there's been a certain image stigma created around what a homeless person is you can't help but get disoriented by random things like that.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:30 pm
9. Road To Nowhere “We’re on the road to paradise. Here we go. We’re on a road to nowhere, come on inside. Takin that ride to nowhere, we’ll take that ride”
When was the last time you took a day trip or a road trip?

Day trip? I guess going to my Aunt Kathy's place? *shrugs*

Road trip? Going to see the Canadian Rockies a couple years back.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:32 pm
10. And She Was "The word was movin and she was right there with it and she was”
Are you keeping up with the world? What piece of modern technology do you still need to own/use?

I think I am keeping up with the world technology wise. Sure, I may not own all of the latest technology gadgets, but then again I have no use for them. There's no technology gadgets I can think of that I really need.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:33 pm
11. Wild Wild Life Sleepin on the interstate oh oh oh…getting wild wild life. Checkin in and checkin out oh oh oh, I got a wild wild life”
When was the last time you stayed at a motel/hotel and what town were you in?

That was probably when I went to visit my cousin Heidi and her kids awhile ago in Medford.  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 524 525 526 527 528 529 ... 2595 2596 2597 2598 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games