Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
What could ruin Resident Evil? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Could Resident Evil ever be ruined?
  Yes
  Never
  Resident Evil 4
  Resident Evil Movies
  Other reason
View Results

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:16 pm
It's not the greatest and it's not survival horror.

Unless of course, they just omitted a part of the quote, and the original said, "Destined to be THE DOWNFALL OF the greatest survival horror game of all time!"  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:19 pm
Completely true. Now here's the real question, what's worse: RE4 or RE5?  

Hatsumi Shinobi

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:32 pm
Honestly, it's a tought one, because RE4 and RE5 are both horrible, but almost for different reasons.
RE4 took everything we loved about RE and got rid of it. No Umbrella, No zombies, stupid parasites, stupid cult, annoying new characters etc.

RE5 actually took everything we loved, and instead of getting rid of it, they changed it for much much worse.
Instead of having no Jill, we have a shitty ruined version of Jill. Same with Wesker. They talked a lot more about Umbrella, Spencer, etc. But what they said only bastardized it.
It's almost better not to have any talk about Spencer at all, rather than have Spencer in it, talking about Wesker Children, or crap like that. I'm honestly happy I don't know the details.

So that is a tough one...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:38 pm
Annoying new characters in RE5, *cough* Sheva *cough*. Not only that, we've got an entirely new bullshit corporation, Tricell. If they're gonna get rid of Umbrella, at least replace them with something of equal calibur. Oh yeah, I forgot, they can't! Once Umbrella died, the series went with it.  

Hatsumi Shinobi

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:42 pm
Yeah, but what I'm saying is, even though RE4 brought in a bunch of new crap that we don't care about at all.
But RE5 took the stuff we DO care about, and ruined it.
But you know, if you take THAT, and add it to Sheva, Tricell, Sex-sella, Retardo, and all the other stuff that we don't care about and sucks...
RE5 is worse than RE4.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:45 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Yeah, but what I'm saying is, even though RE4 brought in a bunch of new crap that we don't care about at all.
But RE5 took the stuff we DO care about, and ruined it.
But you know, if you take THAT, and add it to Sheva, Tricell, Sex-sella, Retardo, and all the other stuff that we don't care about and sucks...
RE5 is worse than RE4.

You know, when I bought RE5 (yes, dumbass me), I thought it would be decent. I can't even finish the game. When it comes to handling volatile elements in RE, such as zombies as an enemy, and either completely ruining it or eliminating it to replace it with something repulsive, I am the biggest b***h.  

Hatsumi Shinobi

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:46 pm
Umm... Wait... What? How are you the biggest b***h?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:48 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Umm... Wait... What? How are you the biggest b***h?

When it comes to critiqing RE. In terms of comparing new content and spin-offs to the original works (RE 1 - 3).  

Hatsumi Shinobi

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:59 pm
The new content sucks balls. How does that make you a b***h?

Honestly, before RE5 came out... During the Tokyo Game Show, I believe... They released like, 2 trailers which showed some of the cinematics... When I saw one of those trailers, I was so disenchanted with the series, that I almost ended up trading in my older RE games.

Biohazard EXTREME
That trailer alone put me off Resident Evil for at least a month. Recently I thought to myself, "It would be nice to replay REmake sometime in near future."
Well, that feeling's gone for a good while.
I think I need shock therapy against my own stupidity, so that I don't make the mistake of watching any more footage from RE5. Because before long, it might drive me to a point where I sell/trade off ALL my RE games, and never look back at the series, ever again. And I don't want it to get to that point.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:03 pm
Quote:
The new content sucks balls. How does that make you a b***h?

Just the fact that it sucks balls compared to our golden original content. When they made Jill mind controlled finally opened my eyes to the puke stain of the new REs.  

Hatsumi Shinobi

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:04 pm
I'm still not getting what you're trying to say... Yeah... It opened your eyes, I still don't understand how that makes you a b***h. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:07 pm
All right, let me rephrase that: It angers me beyond all imagination.  

Hatsumi Shinobi

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:10 pm
I hate to re-ask... What are you talking about that angers you? The fact that they ruined RE5 as they did? Or the fact that you actually had hopes for it?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:12 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
I hate to re-ask... What are you talking about that angers you? The fact that they ruined RE5 as they did? Or the fact that you actually had hopes for it?

A complete combination of both. Due to the fact that they completely ******** up starting with RE4. To explain the origins of Wesker, Jill's disappearance, the whole "Halogization" of the series, ect. ect.  

Hatsumi Shinobi

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:13 pm
Yeah... Umbrella Chronicles was the eye opener for me.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff