Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 529 530 531 532 533 534 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:37 pm

Anybody ever wanted to see what a work in progress with Akira Yamaoka would be like?

Check it! Turns out there are some rumors surrounding a new SH game already. Things like having it take place in a blizzard. I got this from a buddy online who said he got it off of some forum guy who said he heard about it from a street interview with Yamaoka. As for this link... It's a beta of music, whether or not it has to do with SH is to be debated. However, it's titled "Silent Hill - Endless Winter - Beta Trackv2". Enjoy!

Be sure to have your volume up. ...Just kidding. I did when I first listened and the scraping metal scared the s**t out of me. xd And there's guitar near the end, too. It's only some kind of intro, though, which shows how Yamaoka pieces his works together bit by bit. Kind of a sweet find.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/738d82/n/Akira_Yamaoka_-_Silent_Hill_Endless_Winter_-_Beta_Trackv2_mp3
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:40 pm

Mjolnir The Hammer
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, I just finished Resistance... Which, if I remember correctly... Is the very first, first person shooter, that I have ever finished. Woot!

Congrazzles. Did ya like it? :3

Yes, yes I have. The storyline really intrigued me, I'll definitely be checking out Resistance 2 when I get a chance.

EDIT: So Canas...

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/457-Mirrors-Edge

Biohazard EXTREME

Mjolnir The Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:50 pm

That was so awesome Bio... mrgreen
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:29 pm

This makes me want to be a kid again.

I had a kitchen when I was little that I loved to death, but the ones they make today are ******** awesome!

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:33 pm

Crazy a** toys, these days.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:53 pm

I hope I don't have a girl when I decide to have a child. I would probably bankrupt myself by spoiling them with kitchen playsets and a ton of accessories (fake food, appliances, a table set, a shopping cart, etc.)! xd

Joking aside, I really want a son. 3nodding

MadamTarantula

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:56 pm

Biohazard EXTREME

EDIT: So Canas...

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/457-Mirrors-Edge

Your point, Bio? Yahtzee can rip on Mirror's Edge all he wants. I'm surprised he didn't cream his pants over the platforming elements being similar to Prince of Persia. That's why there's reaction time, so you can slow it down a bit and time your jump more perfectly without having to stop and get gunned down. Funny how he forgot to mention that.

Don't go preaching not to buy a game because someone says they should check it out and you don't like it. I'm sure Web of Shadows is a fun game, but so is Mirror's Edge.

By the way, if you want to play the "reviews matter" game...

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/6669.html
http://www.gametrailers.com/game/6364.html

According to GameTrailers, both the reviewer and user reviews say I should purchase Mirror's Edge over Web of Shadows.

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3170875
http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3171234

Looks like Mirror's Edge beats out Web of Shadows again.

Hell, even adding up the GameFAQs reviews... And I'll be fair and add up both the PS3 and 360 versions of Web of Shadows as the PS3 version has only two reviews. To be even numbers, I'll even add the PS2 reviews and the best (and only) DS review there is, as there aren't enough reviews to match the number of Mirror's Edge otherwise. And this collective review score for Mirror's Edge is just on the PS3.

Web of Shadows (PS3, 360, PS2, DS): 61/90
vs.
Mirror's Edge (PS3): 72/90

Again, Mirror's Edge wins. I've got more if you want me to show you. Just because I recommend a game doesn't mean you should denounce it and tell people not to listen to me.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:01 pm

Umm... Now... I do believe my exact words were "So Canas..."
I never said not to get it. I never said reviews matter... Or anything even close to it... I just posted the link because he did quite a hilarious job of making fun of it.
But if you want to be a little princess and take it all personally... Maybe I'll try and get him to do a negative review if Ocarina of Time... But then you might think I'm the Antichrist.

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:05 pm

dramallama rolleyes
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:15 pm

Biohazard EXTREME
Canas Renvall
Wow! This weekend has been absolutely crazy! Tons of stuff happened, but I got Mirror's Edge and beat it last night. I have to say... That was such a twist on the tradition action genre. It was really refreshing, and tons of fun. Nothing like sliding down the side of a slanted roof and leaping over a large gap to another building, all the while looking down oh say... 50 stories. It's such an adrenaline-induced game. I highly, highly recommend it. The only problem is that it's pretty short. Every minute of it though is great, and there are time trials and such where you can race other peoples' ghosts for the best time. Lots of replay value, too. There are also bags to collect in each level to unlock artwork, videos, and music. So good...

Don't listen to him, kids. If you want a game where you can jump roof to roof, run up walls, and fly a LOT higher than 50 little stories, check out Spider-Man: Web of Shadows. Now THERE'S an adrenalin rush. And it's not in first person, so you get to see your awesome character on screen.

A. That's blatantly saying "Don't listen to him calling this game good".
B. It's obvious you're trying to upstage Mirror's Edge because you don't like it.
C. Yes, you would be the Antichrist. And I would go in my corner. And I would cry. And weep. emo

But you'd still be better than me, 'cause I buy games from Hitler. <_< >_>

Btw, did anyone see that rumor in GI? Suda51 and Shinji Mikami hooking up to make a horror game? I can only imagine... biggrin

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:17 pm

Well, you quoted the other one, where I posted the link to Yahtzee. It had nothing to do with that 'kids' remark. And just the fact that I'm calling everyone kids, you should know that I'm kidding. At least in that one sentence.
And yes, frankly, I think Web of Shadows did a great job of portraying that absolute freedom that ONLY Spider-Man can.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:19 pm

Canas Renvall
Biohazard EXTREME
Canas Renvall
Wow! This weekend has been absolutely crazy! Tons of stuff happened, but I got Mirror's Edge and beat it last night. I have to say... That was such a twist on the tradition action genre. It was really refreshing, and tons of fun. Nothing like sliding down the side of a slanted roof and leaping over a large gap to another building, all the while looking down oh say... 50 stories. It's such an adrenaline-induced game. I highly, highly recommend it. The only problem is that it's pretty short. Every minute of it though is great, and there are time trials and such where you can race other peoples' ghosts for the best time. Lots of replay value, too. There are also bags to collect in each level to unlock artwork, videos, and music. So good...

Don't listen to him, kids. If you want a game where you can jump roof to roof, run up walls, and fly a LOT higher than 50 little stories, check out Spider-Man: Web of Shadows. Now THERE'S an adrenalin rush. And it's not in first person, so you get to see your awesome character on screen.

A. That's blatantly saying "Don't listen to him calling this game good".
B. It's obvious you're trying to upstage Mirror's Edge because you don't like it.
C. Yes, you would be the Antichrist. And I would go in my corner. And I would cry. And weep. emo

But you'd still be better than me, 'cause I buy games from Hitler. <_< >_>

Btw, did anyone see that rumor in GI? Suda51 and Shinji Mikami hooking up to make a horror game? I can only imagine... biggrin

Yes I've heard of that. I'm interested. 3nodding

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:22 pm

Well, last we've heard Mikami said that unlike the previous Resident Evil games, RE4 is true horror. So...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:28 pm

Biohazard EXTREME
Well, you quoted the other one, where I posted the link to Yahtzee. It had nothing to do with that 'kids' remark. And just the fact that I'm calling everyone kids, you should know that I'm kidding. At least in that one sentence.
And yes, frankly, I think Web of Shadows did a great job of portraying that absolute freedom that ONLY Spider-Man can.

Like I said, I'm sure it does. That doesn't make it any better of a game than Mirror's Edge, though. Again, personally, Spider-Man 2 was (and is so far, I haven't played WoS) my favorite Spider-Man. It had its flaws, but they were far outdone by the amazing things about it.

Same goes for Mirror's Edge. Warning: Opinion ahead! It's really the first of its kind in the genre, I can agree with Yahtzee on that. Does it have a lot of flaws? Absolutely. However, the good really outweighs the bad for me. The game is short, so you have time trials to be on the leaderboard to really extend the replay value. And again, finding all those bags to unlock sweet extra content is fun too.

And there you go again, judging a game when you haven't played it. In this case, simply the fact that Mikami's name is 50 yards in its perimeter makes it implied that it'll be like RE4.

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:11 pm

Canas Renvall
Biohazard EXTREME

Like I said, I'm sure it does. That doesn't make it any better of a game than Mirror's Edge, though. Again, personally, Spider-Man 2 was (and is so far, I haven't played WoS) my favorite Spider-Man. It had its flaws, but they were far outdone by the amazing things about it.

Same goes for Mirror's Edge. Warning: Opinion ahead! It's really the first of its kind in the genre, I can agree with Yahtzee on that. Does it have a lot of flaws? Absolutely. However, the good really outweighs the bad for me. The game is short, so you have time trials to be on the leaderboard to really extend the replay value. And again, finding all those bags to unlock sweet extra content is fun too.

And there you go again, judging a game when you haven't played it. In this case, simply the fact that Mikami's name is 50 yards in its perimeter makes it implied that it'll be like RE4.

Um...you missed out on the fact that there is virtually no information on this game. No screenshots, gameplay videos, trailers, teasers, plot summaries, absolutely nothing.
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 529 530 531 532 533 534 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games