Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 532 533 534 535 536 537 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Minielf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:17 am
` T a p i o c a `
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Hmn...so the guys acting gay on here....are straight IRL

So guys acting straight on here are gay IRL...

So online pervs are actually not pervs IRL?! oxO

Yeah something like that. The real me is nothing like I appear to be here. My 'Minielf' persona is an outlet for me to be more open and outgoing. xd

Niph: Heh, multitasking is one skill I am exceptionally good at. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:11 am

I fail at multitasking. - 3-;;

Hmm.
If I were the complete opposite,
I don't know what I'd be like because I have random moodswings all the time. .__.;

Princess Rhode
Crew

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:27 am
@'elfy - TOTALLY PROVES MY POINT. xD

@Charlie - // cough // ___________________ // smirk //

@sin - I've been meaning to ask you [this has no relevance to your post whatsoever] - what do you want for your bday? I mean, not on Gaia, IRL. P;

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:58 am
What the heck is Charlie-sama going on about? confused

Sure, Mini. Suuuure. xd I kid, I kid. I'm sure we're all pretty different in real life. 3nodding

I do think sin's froggies are so kawaii. 4laugh  

Chibito7

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:36 am
Froggies? I only see one. neutral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:07 am
She had another one before. 3nodding Which I think was cuter, but this one is also very cool.  

Chibito7

mymiridon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:47 am
@charlie: stare I think t0sh lives in Canada, and your face book is quite informative... I guess we can just send t0sh there to check you out lol  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:34 am
O:

Yush.

I'll hunt you down, Charlie.

twisted

Eh?

You live in North York? OO:

I used to live there!

xD

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

mymiridon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:41 pm
... ninja ...

So for all the BBC's in here, can you tell me what Britain's like? I've never been so curious before. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:10 pm
mymiridon
@charlie: stare I think t0sh lives in Canada, and your face book is quite informative... I guess we can just send t0sh there to check you out lol

Lol send Tosh stalking after Charlie...good idea. rofl  

Minielf

mymiridon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:04 am
I'm chock full of good ideas twisted  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:28 am
I think the BBCs here are me, Niphy, Sapp-chan and of course, Toki. But of course, he's not exactly here. rolleyes

Britain... is very different from the United States, I'm sure. In probably every single way. We may speak the same language and stuff, but I think that's where the similarities end. As I'm sure, Yalie, you will discuss avec Niph, the politics is indeed different, though I couldn't tell you anymore since firstly I don't know a great amount concerning our government, and I especially do not know anything about the Americans aside from your current President is George Bush, he has two daughters, his father was once also the President (aptly named George Bush also); and that two people running President in 2009 (is it?) are Hilary Clinton (wife of former President Bill Clinton) and Obama something... The black man, who's pretty much Clinton's only proper opponent, ne?

Okay, so I'm not that unknowledgable. But it's not as much as most. xd

Anyway, back to Britain. The environment is very different. The weather here is generally the same - mild temperatures which rise and soar with the seasons. England is notorious for its rainy weather, lol, especially Manchester, where I live. "Typical Mancunian weather", we all chime whenever the rain starts (oh, it did so much today, but I saw the most prettiful rainbow this morning!!! - Haven't seen one in ages), because it's like a well known joke amongst us Mancs. Manchester just wouldn't be Manchester without rain. So yes, big thing about Britain - the rain. But we get fair weather, though generally it's not raging hot ever unless in the summer. And we rarely get snow. Nature wise we are lucky. 3nodding

Um... Culture is probably different too. The school system is utterly different - rather than having elementary, middle and high school, we merely have primary and then high school. The way we speak (and the accent) and the our pop cultures probably differ too; if you visited, you may notice it. We have lots of trees... I'm not sure about London. xd Traffic can be awful. Driving isn't too bad. People are generally friendly... We have lots of chippies and Chinese takeaways. blaugh Hahaha... What else?

Back to weather, we have clouds. 3nodding Lots and lots of lovely clouds. Not many apartments, mostly houses in areas (apart from maybe London?). We all live in either terraced, detached or semi-detached houses, little rows and blocks of bricks. xd The English like their tea and footie. 3nodding (Go Manchester United!!! 4laugh ) And um... Reality TV too. xd

*pokes Niph* Help me out here!!  

Chibito7

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:57 am
Well.. apart from the weather, there's also like.. general Britishness. The people, I mean. There's a very strong mentality of "supporting the underdog" sort-of thing. And also.. we're quite open, far more so than in many parts of America I'm sure. And within the liberal middle-to-upper classes there's definitely a sense of awareness of Britain's place in the world and of other worldly issues, if you get what I mean, as opposed to being self-focused.

But then there is also the "broken society" image that David Cameron (current leader of the Conservative party) tries to put across; an increase in youth crime, youth drinking, youth pregnancy etc, general bad behaviour which is really letting the rest of us down.

Ohhh, the "green field of England", of course. <3

And the eccentricities.. we're generally more accepting of out-of-the-ordinary people, I think. In some ways it's almost expected for people to be eccentric in some ways and we love it, really. Very much an attention to the smaller details of life as opposed to the 'big picture'.

I can't really explain it. You just have to come and see.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:06 pm
Very nicely done, Niph. 3nodding Yes, Yalie, you must come!!! 4laugh

Yesh, there is all the gun crime and whatever... gonk Awful.

Oh, and Niphy, do you like ze blueness? xd  

Chibito7

berryscary1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:10 pm
i don't know what to say!!! crying confused  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 532 533 534 535 536 537 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games