Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 535 536 537 538 539 540 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:06 pm
Amen to ******** Uwe Boll...I hope he doesn't get the rights to a game I really like.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:57 pm
NotteRequiem
Hmm... I don't read Japanese very well, but I didn't see any pictures on that link you displayed... so sadly, they may be sold out..

I think it could be a maintenance message. When I could see the item, the same message was above it. confused

Edit: I was able to get a working link for it's detail picture! Nemmy Ring  

MadamTarantula

Skylar St Claire

4,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:33 pm
Stranger to Paradise
Amen to ******** Uwe Boll...I hope he doesn't get the rights to a game I really like.
He's one of the reasons I don't want a Metal Gear Solid movie. People already b***h that MGS4 was more of a movie than a game anyways, so we don't want him {or anyone for the ******** up making his own crazyass movie. Just leave it as a game and I'll be fine.
Btw: Advent children didnt make sense to me either. More like eye candy for the fans who want more FF7 crack.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:45 am
Angela - Thanks for posting the pic. Lol,no offense, but it reminds me of something i used to get at the arcade as a kid for like 500 tickets...

CAPCOM= cheap.  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:13 pm
@Shaundi: To be perfectly honest, I thought it was acceptable for them to go back and create a sequel to one of the most famed RPGs ever, and I think Advent Children actually did a pretty good job of curing hunger pangs for the devoted fan who wanted to dip back in the FFVII pool one more time. Where they went from Advent Children, though, was a little excessive, and highly unnecessary. Yeah, I like FFVII, and I also like Advent Children as well. Eye candy, sure, but if you were a true fan, there was nothing more exciting then to see Cloud having a rematch with Sephiroth to the ballad of One Winged Angel. Truly satisfying.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:18 pm
Advent Children killed FF7, every other sequel just kinda... Spit on the corpse.
Sephiroth looks like a girl now. Come on...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

That's pathetic. Morpheus from Resident Evil: Dead Aim looks more manly, and he has boobs.  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:39 pm
No it didn't.

So what. You found a shot where Sephiroth looks girly. Is that really the only reason why you say it killed it?

Unlike RE, I'm ready to defend the honor of AC.

Name everything you dislike about it and think "killed" it, and I will counter every statement. Yeah, I find no flaw in AC.

I hope you don't bring up anything about it being either emo, awkward, anime-ish, or anything else along those lines, because I'm ready to smash those complaints down.

Before we start this debate though, first tell me if you liked the original FFVII, because I don't even want to argue over the matter if you didn't care for it.

Everyone else, take cover.

mad  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:09 pm
.....Ok I'm staying out of this discussion, after all I am the casual observer.  

Alkaizer87

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:58 pm
Stranger to Paradise
No it didn't.

So what. You found a shot where Sephiroth looks girly. Is that really the only reason why you say it killed it?

Name everything you dislike about it and think "killed" it, and I will counter every statement. Yeah, I find no flaw in AC.

I hope you don't bring up anything about it being either emo, awkward, anime-ish, or anything else along those lines, because I'm ready to smash those complaints down.

Before we start this debate though, first tell me if you liked the original FFVII, because I don't even want to argue over the matter if you didn't care for it.

mad

It WAS my favorite FF game. Like I said, until the wave of the horrible sequels/spinoffs. None of them have been good.

Okay, let's just go back to the whole Cloud vs. Sephiroth issue. Just the fact that Cloud had to fight Sephiroth again was completely pointless. If you're gonna make a sequel, make it about something new. Here's these three guys, and again, they're some Sephiroth clones. But then Sephiroth himself comes back? It was so redundant.

And the whole Geo Stigma thing, that was another stupid plot point. The whole story was just boring and very uninteresting. Yes, there was some decent action and good graphics, which puts it one step above degeneration. But the story was as redundant as anything.

FFVII should've had NO sequels at all. It was a sin in itself to make a sequel for it. The ending in FFVII was ambiguous, we didn't know if Cloud and the other humans survived the meteor. We didn't know anything. Which left room for speculation, fan fiction, etc. It was beautiful.
But then Square had to go and hand us a continuation on a silver platter... And maybe if it was half decent, but the fact that Advent Children was such a boring story, did no justice to FFVII at all.

Some things should not be remade, or sequeled. FFVII was one of them. Instead, they killed it, and now I can't even play it anymore. And no, that wasn't one shot. Sephiroth looks like a girl in any shot. He's got LIPSTICK on, FFS.

Either way, it's a waste. The Spirits Within is not only a much better movie than Advent Children, but it doesn't bastardize what used to be the best Final Fantasy story.

As much as I hate what Resident Evil has become, I think that Square has butchered FFVII more than Capcom has butchered Resident Evil.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:54 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Stranger to Paradise
No it didn't.

mad

It WAS my favorite FF game. Like I said, until the wave of the horrible sequels/spinoffs. None of them have been good.

Okay, let's just go back to the whole Cloud vs. Sephiroth issue. Just the fact that Cloud had to fight Sephiroth again was completely pointless. If you're gonna make a sequel, make it about something new. Here's these three guys, and again, they're some Sephiroth clones. But then Sephiroth himself comes back? It was so redundant.

And the whole Geo Stigma thing, that was another stupid plot point. The whole story was just boring and very uninteresting. Yes, there was some decent action and good graphics, which puts it one step above degeneration. But the story was as redundant as anything.

FFVII should've had NO sequels at all. It was a sin in itself to make a sequel for it. The ending in FFVII was ambiguous, we didn't know if Cloud and the other humans survived the meteor. We didn't know anything. Which left room for speculation, fan fiction, etc. It was beautiful.
But then Square had to go and hand us a continuation on a silver platter... And maybe if it was half decent, but the fact that Advent Children was such a boring story, did no justice to FFVII at all.

Some things should not be remade, or sequeled. FFVII was one of them. Instead, they killed it, and now I can't even play it anymore. And no, that wasn't one shot. Sephiroth looks like a girl in any shot. He's got LIPSTICK on, FFS.

Either way, it's a waste. The Spirits Within is not only a much better movie than Advent Children, but it doesn't bastardize what used to be the best Final Fantasy story.

As much as I hate what Resident Evil has become, I think that Square has butchered FFVII more than Capcom has butchered Resident Evil.
Woah, please choose your words more wisely. You said they shouldn't have had any sequels to FF7, but that would mean that F7: Derge of Cerberus would've ahve have never happened. Please don't say that. I like that game, besides unllike Advent Children Derge of Cerberus isn't redundant. If you have played the game you would see that. Unlike the other sequels when the others fight they do it in an all out war way with armies and everything. I like looking at the origins of kick as guys like Vincent. For the record now that you mention it, Your point of view is a good arguing statement, but still I'm not voicing my opinion on that particular movie.

PS: why are we debating about this kind of thing in the first place? I know that Grill you can talk about other stuff, but I think it's better if we keep it Resident Evil related.  

Alkaizer87

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:17 am
Dirge of Cerberus would not have been as bad as Advent Children, but they did something very very horrible in it. The G ending. I can't believe, they actually put Gackt's face onto a character. What the hell were they even thinking?
Gackt =/= cool

Plus the new characters in Dirge were pretty lame. Square is seriously running out of ideas with their characters.
Either way, I still say there should have been no sequels to FF7. FF7 should've been left alone. But no, they tampered with a good thing, and killed it.

The grill is used for discussing anything. Especially non-RE related things, since there's nowhere else in the guild we can discuss them.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:42 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Dirge of Cerberus would not have been as bad as Advent Children, but they did something very very horrible in it. The G ending. I can't believe, they actually put Gackt's face onto a character. What the hell were they even thinking?
Gackt =/= cool

Plus the new characters in Dirge were pretty lame. Square is seriously running out of ideas with their characters.
Either way, I still say there should have been no sequels to FF7. FF7 should've been left alone. But no, they tampered with a good thing, and killed it.

The grill is used for discussing anything. Especially non-RE related things, since there's nowhere else in the guild we can discuss them.
Well I didn't mind Rosso but the other new characters sucked. Atleast I go to see a better versin of Chaos though. Also yes the Gackt thing was a disapointment.  

Alkaizer87

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:28 am
Alkaizer87
Biohazard EXTREME
Gackt =/= cool

Well I didn't mind Rosso but the other new characters sucked. Atleast I go to see a better versin of Chaos though. Also yes the Gackt thing was a disapointment.

The fact that he's cannon is the worst part. Couldn't have they just went for a well respected actor like the first three Onimusha games?!

If I can remember correctly, Sakaguchi (the main man behind the series) hasn't worked on any of VII's sequels/prequels/spinoffs, it's all been Nomura's work, when all he originally did was draw the characters. His original games are good, but he should never be writing stories for other series.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:54 am
saka guy sounds like a ciggarete, kind of kills the FF series.  

Alkaizer87

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:10 am
*Takes cover for the AC discussion*

Stranger to Paradise... you can't say it had NO flaws... To do that would be.... fanboying it a little, don't you think? NOTHING in games or movies is flawless.

heart  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 535 536 537 538 539 540 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games