Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 536 537 538 539 540 541 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:47 am
NotteRequiem
*Takes cover for the AC discussion*

Stranger to Paradise... you can't say it had NO flaws... To do that would be.... fanboying it a little, don't you think? NOTHING in games or movies is flawless.

heart
*takes cover too.*  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:32 am
mad

Actually, to be quite honest, I see no difference in fan boy level in saying their is no flaw in a design to playing that design over 30 times, such as Bio did for RE3. So, in saying, yes, I am totally fanboying (ha ha) FFVII and AC, because...Well, I have respect for that game more then any other, even over my favorite. (Also, The Evil Dead had no flaws, so I'm also a fan boy for that ha ha.)

Anyways, counter arguments.

I. Firstly, I see a mighty error in your logic of redundancy. But before we hit that...

I find redundancy to be something that has been done over and over again in a similar fashion, and I saw none of that in AC. Yeah, sure, you saw Cloud fight Sephiroth again, but this time you got to see it in all it's super epic advanced CGI action glory, which was way different from what you experienced in FFVII. Two completely different experiences of the same topic doesn't make it redundant; It makes it exciting all over again. Plus, it was only the second time you saw them fight together. Really, two times in different fashions makes it redundant?

Time for your flaw. You say it would be redundant to see them fighting again, but isn't it redundant itself to play a game you really love over and over again? Nothing's fresh when you do so. In saying that, wouldn't watching AC just be like playing FFVII? I see how your point on how it should've been different for the sequel, but in the long run, If you really love something to play it over again, then anything else of the same concept would be welcomed in open arms.

Hmm, I think I might only see the logic of that one ha ha. Oh well, I am a nostalgia freak. Anyways, your second point is...

II...Unarguable. The Geo stigma plot, you either hated it or loved it. It's all a matter of taste, so I can't really argue over taste, can I? But I thought it was pretty original, captivating, and intriguing, playing with my curiosity.

III. To tell the truth, I am a person who believes EVERYTHING should have at least one sequel, to quench the thirst of the devoted who wanted to see their worshipped one last time, to know what happened as well. Not everyone likes an open ending, I thank you. Plus, if it really bothers you, just ******** ignore it like you do with RE4, Gahhhhd.

IV. Sephiroth looks bad a**. Again, only a matter of taste, which can't be argued.

V. Spirits Within was better...But I still like AC ha ha.

Ok, I guess there were a couple of flaws in AC, the lack of substantial screen time for the the other playable characters being one of them. But it didn't ruin the experience for me one bit. I got what I came for with that movie, so all was good.  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:20 am
You know what WOULD'VE been smart? If they wanted to show an epic battle between Cloud and Sephiroth, just for the sake of showing it, they should've done it at the beginning of the movie as sort of a, "This is where we left off" kind of deal. Not brought him back just so that they could show them fight. It's different if you're replaying the game, because it still tells the same story. It's not like, "Here's what happened AFTER and it's exactly the same."

To quench the thirst of devoted fans? There are other ways to do that. For example, Cloud himself has made several guest appearances in other Square games like Final Fantasy Tactics, and Ehrgeiz... And, yes, Kingdom Hearts, despite it being a horrible game for corrupting Disney by mixing it with Anime.

Had I know Advent Children would've been so bad, I would've gladly ignored it. Of course, I'm an idiot and I had to go watch it, AND play Dirge of Cernerus, thus ruining FF7 for myself, possibly forever. It ALMOST happened with Resident Evil. Luckily there was no Gackt in Umbrella Chronicles.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:41 am
Bio, didn't you hear Ga(g)ckt is supposed to sing in the remake of RE2?

mrgreen  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:45 am
Wait... Are you joking?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:06 am
Biohazard EXTREME
You know what WOULD'VE been smart? If they wanted to show an epic battle between Cloud and Sephiroth, just for the sake of showing it, they should've done it at the beginning of the movie as sort of a, "This is where we left off" kind of deal. Not brought him back just so that they could show them fight. It's different if you're replaying the game, because it still tells the same story. It's not like, "Here's what happened AFTER and it's exactly the same."

To quench the thirst of devoted fans? There are other ways to do that. For example, Cloud himself has made several guest appearances in other Square games like Final Fantasy Tactics, and Ehrgeiz... And, yes, Kingdom Hearts, despite it being a horrible game for corrupting Disney by mixing it with Anime.

Had I know Advent Children would've been so bad, I would've gladly ignored it. Of course, I'm an idiot and I had to go watch it, AND play Dirge of Cernerus, thus ruining FF7 for myself, possibly forever. It ALMOST happened with Resident Evil. Luckily there was no Gackt in Umbrella Chronicles.
....Well I guess it's his opinion. Well Derge of Cerberus didn't ruin it for me..... I always wantedto know Vincent's past....

Edit: Hopefully she's joking....Besides I don't know how they would fit his music in there.  

Alkaizer87

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:10 am
Well, if they wanted to explore Vincent's past, maybe that's just what they should've done. Not through flashbacks, but actually told the story of his past, including the key scenes that were in FF7.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:15 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, if they wanted to explore Vincent's past, maybe that's just what they should've done. Not through flashbacks, but actually told the story of his past, including the key scenes that were in FF7.
Yeah, well they wanted to do it in a creative way so that the players could feel like they're a part of it...but then again they aren't, and i would prefer if they jsut made a movie of his past, I hate having to look for those memory capsules, in order to unlock s**t. Jsut put it in a dvd, and then the unlockable sutuf on a special feature disc that comes along with it...I mean for crying out loud I would lvoe it if they didn't make it a game. now a friend of mine is enjoying the game that I bought and wanted to borrow, and I have no way of getting it back, unless I want to waste money to make a trip to USA and back again.  

Alkaizer87

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:14 pm
I. The battle wasn't just for the sake of showing it...It was all related to the plot. And just because they had another battle with Sephiroth in it doesn't label it the same exact stuff already experienced. I would totally rather see them come back to Sephiroth and Jenova because those were some of the key element's that made the game great...What, would you rather of have the sequel movie been Dirge? The s**t that went down in that game did not belong in the same universe what-so-EVER (Don't get me wrong, the game was somewhat fun, but the plot was a**). Same with Crisis Core. It never fit the mood of the original game, unlike AC, which totally did.

II. No no no no no no NO. You know better then that. Seriously, whoring those character's off? Keep the characters where they belong, sequel or no sequel.

III. Just because you've seen the movie doesn't mean you still can't ignore it. Gahhhhhhhhd. Don't let the sequels persuade you to not to play FFVII. That would just be stupid.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:20 pm
Bio, I was completely joking. It gave me a good laugh as I was typing it, that's for damn sure.

Well, I didn't like AC save for the music... and I still play FFVII occasionally. It's my favorite FF currently, and has been since I got it. It was my first RPG I had ever played. heart

Bio is just corrupted easily... meaning things can get ruined for him -very- quickly. At least, that's what I've surmised. Am I wrong?  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:46 pm
FFVII was also my first RPG ever experience, and now that it's my favorite genre, I have a special place in my gamer heart for it ha ha.

But 8 is my favorite. I still haven't played 1-6 (Nor do I want to), and I am currently waiting to play 10 and 12. 13 looks rad, but will Bio say otherwise ha ha.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:20 pm
NotteRequiem
Bio, I was completely joking. It gave me a good laugh as I was typing it, that's for damn sure.

Well, I didn't like AC save for the music... and I still play FFVII occasionally. It's my favorite FF currently, and has been since I got it. It was my first RPG I had ever played. heart

Bio is just corrupted easily... meaning things can get ruined for him -very- quickly. At least, that's what I've surmised. Am I wrong?

It's because I care that much more. I'm passionate about everything I really like. And if I'm exposed to the corruption, I can easily turn away from the whole franchise, or whatever is in question.

Wow, SoP, we actually agree on something. FF8 is my favorite too. Of course, that's AFTER FF7 was ruined for me.

6 was actually really awesome. 10 was okay, but frankly, I think Final Fantasy hasn't been the same since they implemented voice acting. Some things are just better without voice overs. Plus it was a lot of dialogue, so the lazy a** kids actually got to read real words beyond "Press Start".  

Biohazard EXTREME

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:47 am
Stranger to Paradise
I. The battle wasn't just for the sake of showing it...It was all related to the plot. And just because they had another battle with Sephiroth in it doesn't label it the same exact stuff already experienced. I would totally rather see them come back to Sephiroth and Jenova because those were some of the key element's that made the game great...What, would you rather of have the sequel movie been Dirge? The s**t that went down in that game did not belong in the same universe what-so-EVER (Don't get me wrong, the game was somewhat fun, but the plot was a**). Same with Crisis Core. It never fit the mood of the original game, unlike AC, which totally did.

II. No no no no no no NO. You know better then that. Seriously, whoring those character's off? Keep the characters where they belong, sequel or no sequel.

III. Just because you've seen the movie doesn't mean you still can't ignore it. Gahhhhhhhhd. Don't let the sequels persuade you to not to play FFVII. That would just be stupid.

Dirge does belong in the same universe. it has the characters, and so what if the plot was different? It showed more progress than it did than AC. At least in dirge the protagonist's hair wasn't blonde. Vincent can wipe the floor with cloud any time. After all if it wasn't for him Cloud and Marlene would've gotten in serious trouble. Also it shows the significance of his chaos form.

Edit: My first RPG, and I still play it, is Saga Frontier.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:38 pm
My most favorite FF is IX, since it was my first RPG. It's funny how most people's favorite RPG is their first. razz  

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:13 pm
There's a rational psychological explanation for it, I'm sure.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 536 537 538 539 540 541 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games