Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 536 537 538 539 540 541 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:53 pm
@yalie - Well, whichever one would be an amazing thing to do, trust me. (:

Cambridge is not more difficult to get into P: Okay, maybe in the sciences. MAYBE. But that wouldn't apply to you anyway, B&B.

They are both just under or aroundabout an hour away from London, I'd say.

@'elfy - Yeah, you're right there. But y'know.. you just have to survive and get on with it, right? By the end of those two years I'd be like, fluent.. anyway, I'm optimistic about it. ;D

xDD The UK is so popular amongst guild members, everyone's trying to come here..

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:48 pm
Lol Niphz.
Anywhere an ocean away sounds facsanating. ^^;
I actually want to go study abroad in the uk or Hong kong or Australia sometime in my university career.

Celestial Tennyo Senshi
Vice Captain

berryscary1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:11 pm
the best school that anyone can possibly hope to got to is north bend high!!! ninja don't google our academic stats sweatdrop ,google our sporting stats blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:00 pm
@niphz: well the U.K is pretty much the birthplace of Harry Potter, Hugh Grant (I think) and other cute British things. ... i wonder if the Asians in the U.K have accents whee  

mymiridon

Minielf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:50 pm
Niphz
@yalie - Well, whichever one would be an amazing thing to do, trust me. (:

Cambridge is not more difficult to get into P: Okay, maybe in the sciences. MAYBE. But that wouldn't apply to you anyway, B&B.

They are both just under or aroundabout an hour away from London, I'd say.

@'elfy - Yeah, you're right there. But y'know.. you just have to survive and get on with it, right? By the end of those two years I'd be like, fluent.. anyway, I'm optimistic about it. ;D

xDD The UK is so popular amongst guild members, everyone's trying to come here..

So you're really set on going to France? I hope that the university finances your study over there, because if it doesn't, it's going to cost you and your parents a hell of a lot to pay for both the education AND acommodation fees, not to mention daily neccessities. Then again, perhaps your parents have already planned for it, given that you have to actually live on campus. That's the advantage me and Sin have. We get to work and earn shitloads of money as we study. By the time we graduate from our degrees, we'll already have a sizeable amount of wealth of our own. mrgreen

Sin: Well, I haven't seen what the suburbs of Sydney are like, so I can't say if they're better or worse than Melbourne's suburbs. But still, no matter what you say, you can't convince me that Sydney is better; I'm a Melbournian at heart. razz  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:17 pm
    × I heard the Education fees are cheap in Europe..
    It's just the food and living expenses that are costly...

soumakisa

Celestial Tennyo Senshi
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:27 pm
I though many countries in Europe had high taxes that in the end pay for their university education? Thats why its free or cheap?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:10 pm
t0ngt0ng
jenniiexpho
t0ngt0ng

jennie;;
me too. o:
what part?

errm. iin tha bankstown area. you ?
[uh oh. stalker !!] =P

really? that's so cool !!  

jenniiexpho

jenniiexpho

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:11 pm
mymiridon
@niphz: lol my study abroad is in Oxford rofl
is that anywhere near London?
@jenniexpho: qu'est que-ce? Le prof deteste moi? pourquoi?

oh pardon ;] ma prof destest MOI. teehee  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:44 am

mini;;
of course you will be. and i can't change that. but no matter.
this doesn't change the fact that you'll have to come up to sydney to come to the UK with me.

yalie;;
sin knows niphy has an accent. o:

Princess Rhode
Crew

mymiridon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:34 am
@jenniiexpho: lol. je vois. Quel est le probleme?

@sin: really? like a chinese accent or a british accent?! xd  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:47 pm
I have SUCH a British accent. xD

On the continent university is free. In Britain you have to pay 'tuition fees' but they're not payable until after you complete your course, ie until you have money to pay for them yourself. Living costs and things are expensive but it's perfectly possible to get a student loan which covers it (on which you pay no interest). (:

So actually, if I go to France it will actually be CHEAPER than England because prices over there are slightly cheaper anyway AND I won't pay any tuition fees. ;D Good deal all round, really.

It's really annoying how Oxbridge don't let you have a job during term-time. But then again, the terms are extremely short (8 weeks each) so you could easily get a job in the holidays and earn a fair amount. 3nodding

@yalie - The cello teacher at my school, Hugh Grant is her first cousin.. xD

YES. TAXES ARE HIGH. INCOME TAX IS AROUND 40%. D: AND PETROL (YOU AMERICANS CALL IT GAS, OR SOMETHING) IS SOOOOO EXPENSIVE. AROUND £1 A LITRE. THAT'S 2 DOLLARS A LITRE. THAT'S MORE THAN 7 DOLLARS PER US GALLON. That's why we find it so ridiculous when Americans complain about their petrol (or gas, or whatever) prices... -___-"

Niphz
Crew

Chibito7

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:00 pm
Let me tell all you non-British people ze truth.

Britain in not a cheap place.

3nodding

gonk

Tis true.

Maa, Niph got to telling you before me. Meh. Whatever. I can tell you again. blaugh But everyone, do come visi! I'm sure it'll blow you away.

I also have a British accent - of course, why wouldn't I? xd

Niph, you DID get your Cambridge form in today, ne? Today = deadline. The upper sixth were stressing - to say the least. sweatdrop

Yes, Niph. Sciences don't apply to me anymore. 4laugh Oh yesh indeed.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:03 pm
It's not the deadline, 15th Oct is the deadline. I think it's just your school's thing. P: Because seriously, they would've told us. xD Everywhere in the world says 15th Oct. 3nodding

Niphz
Crew

` T a p i o c a `

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:24 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Dood.
Camridge Uni was big .________.
First thing I saw there were horses o.O
I understood NOTHING about what the people said about physics in there!
Cos they were too complicated @______@
Well, we didn't walk round the whole building, only the limited exhibits sections...but it look really big .______.
And is it true that there's a Noblel Prize winner in there? o.O

Rythym force was fun today =DD Even though we only had 2 hours to do stuff there >.>
Got covered in stickers <33
Went freebies hunting...
I hated the queues! All the stuff I wanted to go on had long queues emo
Like paintballing and rock climbing D=
And all the army peeps there are all like,
ARMY GUY - "Sign this and you get a freebie!"
ME - "YAY FREEBIE!...So...what do I actually sign up to?"
ARMY GUY - "Getting a load of letters through mail persuading you to join the army! =DD"
ME - "...Nevermind...can I just have the freebie?"
ARMY GUY - "Sorry ran out"

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 536 537 538 539 540 541 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games