Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 537 538 539 540 541 542 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:13 pm
Stranger to Paradise
I still haven't played 1-6 (Nor do I want to)

^Why? They're really good. The FFII battle system is a bit funky, but it's fun and works. I prefer the GBA versions of FFI and II (Dawn of Souls), it's good fun. IV was the first real story of modern RPGs outside of crystals (though crystals were still heavily involved). V introduced the Job system to the series for the first time in North America. Plus, Gilgamesh. C'mon. Sweet music. VI first introduced character switchout. III is on the DS and rocks with the new content and improvements. IV is on the DS as well and rocks too. razz  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:31 pm
I and II are out on the PSP.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:33 pm
I have the Origins (PS) release for I & II. They're very hard. crying  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:28 pm
I just have Chronicles and Anthology.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:33 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
I just have Chronicles and Anthology.

I have those as well (Chronicles is my husbands though)! I also had 3 for DS, but I already went into why I don't have it anymore. crying I also have X and X-2. My husband had XII (limited edition), but we sold that a while back. I didn't really like it. sad We also have XI for 360, but I've never played it and my husband didn't like it.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:49 pm
Why you have X-2 is beyond me.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:04 pm
Hey Bio... I heard that Sony is dropping the PSP... is it true? crying  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:19 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Why you have X-2 is beyond me.

That just made me laugh my a** off. xD  

Mjolnir The Hammer

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:51 pm
Umm... I don't know about dropping it. They're planning to release a new handheld, that's all I know, but even that's not determined when. It's still just a rumor. They're actually planning for yet another model. PSP-4000. So no, they're not dropping it.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:45 am
In recent months the sales of the PSP have risen. I think homebrew technology is the reason why...

Bio: I happen to like X-2 thank you. stare  

MadamTarantula

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:35 am
AngelaAshford
My most favorite FF is IX, since it was my first RPG. It's funny how most people's favorite RPG is their first. razz

Actually, when I said 8 was my favorite, I meant for FF. 8 is my my fifth favorite RPG. I also need to correct myself. Pokemon was the first RPG I ever really played, but I don't like to count it ha ha. And before I even tasted 7, I played 8, but I only got 10 hours in...Then I fully played 7, so I counted it as my first. But I'm still wondering which one of the three I should really count as my first...Hmm...

Anyways, the four RPGs I love over FF8 is Skies of Arcadia (Legends), Tales of Symphonia, Legend or Dragoon, and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door...Since 8, my tastes have become more refined to involve added game play elements...

By the way, Bio, why is 8 your favorite? I personally like the atmosphere over the plot (7 still has my favorite plot), but the deep Junction and Skill system was astounding for me. I also thought that Summons were bad a** in that game.

@Canas: I guess I don't want to play them because I don't like the look of them. Looks really effect if I want to delve into a game, which is why I never tried Super Mario RPG, even though it's considered one of the best old school RPGs out there.

I'm going to start FFX after KH, so I'm really excited...It will be my fourth FF ever played.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:48 am
I just like the concept, I guess. I mean, you got these mercenaries raised in this garden academy, which is cool. You got characters with clashing personalities. The music was great. The overall world was awesome, I mean, the way Esthar is hidden, and the little railroads everywhere. The storyline has got some great scenes in it, it's not all, "Get to this place. Something tragic happens. Fight a boss fight. Get to that place, follow that guy, something tragic happens." There are times like the SeeD graduation party, or the scene where they put together the band, when you just get that feeling like, "Well, the world's not coming to an end, everything's good. You don't have to be in a rush and kick everyone's a**."

Plus the overall storyline and the characterizations were awesome. The concept of time compression was crazy. And although I'm not a big fan of sappy love stories in video games, I think there's room for at least one of everything, and as far as love stories go, I've never witnessed one that was done better than FF8, with Squall, Rinoa, Laguna, Raine, Julia, etc. etc. It was very well thought out, I think.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:53 pm
AngelaAshford
In recent months the sales of the PSP have risen. I think homebrew technology is the reason why...

I like it too, if only for the return to ATB. The sphere job system was cool as well. Rikku in her Lady Luck outfit... Oh snap. :XP:

And Bio, I'd rather pay like $20 for two great games than $25+ per great game for enhanced sprites and a new dungeon each. Especially when at least one of them is timed. Just isn't a good investment to me.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:11 pm
Canas Renvall
AngelaAshford

I like it too, if only for the return to ATB. The sphere job system was cool as well. Rikku in her Lady Luck outfit... Oh snap. :XP:

And Bio, I'd rather pay like $20 for two great games than $25+ per great game for enhanced sprites and a new dungeon each. Especially when at least one of them is timed. Just isn't a good investment to me.
waht's this about Rikku in her Lady Luck outfit?! I need to see! I never got so far in getting dress spheres. Do you have a picture? please post it.  

Alkaizer87

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:41 pm
Canas Renvall
AngelaAshford

Wait... $20 for two great games... Is referring to what exactly?  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 537 538 539 540 541 542 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games