Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

SESauvie

Girl-Crazy Businesswoman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:22 pm

Meta_Fish
[demonic guardian]
The stage is set.
Meta_Fish
Myspace isn't just an email.

What else is it then?
Let the battle begin!
Can someone else do this for me? I have homework. =(

Tatsuman
We've been planning a tourney for a while, and we've got all the stages and items that have been announced covered as far as banned or allowed. They seem pretty fair to me. If you'd like to take a look at the rules we've thought up, you only need ask.
UGH.
This is something I hate. Only certain stages and items are allowed for fights. I hate that! That is so stupid. Just do three matches, and have one person choose one stage, the second choose the second stage and then do a random (or one chosen by an outside force) stage.

All items.
All characters.
That is how Smash and all games should be played.
We are meeting you guys half way with only banning the unfair elements of the game to make it as fair, and most fun and competitive as possible.

Rumble falls or Battlefield what would be more about Skill?
Smart bomb that does 40+ Damage on contact or Motion sensor to be all about Strategy not all about a lucky shot with a clearly over powered Item.

All Charactes being selectable is obvious, what are we going to say?
Fox is Broken so cant be played? No give us a shot here and maybe we can meet half way.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:22 pm

Tatsuman
Denko
Tatsuman
Denko
Tatsuman

Elaborate a bit.

We've been planning a tourney for a while, and we've got all the stages and items that have been announced covered as far as banned or allowed. They seem pretty fair to me. If you'd like to take a look at the rules we've thought up, you only need ask.

Banned or allowed?
The game's not even out yet. Can we have two tournaments? One you guys can make, and the other one that doesn't ban anything? Because that's the one I wanna be in.

If that's how you want to do a tournament, but can you honestly say the Smart bomb or Golden Hammer is fair at such a random appearance?

It's only unfair if you're a sore loser that takes the game way too seriously.
If we took a vote I know the majority of people would not want anything banned.

Until they get blasted from the stage three times in a row by the Smart bomb, Golden Hammer, and Bob-ombs.

Then they start bitching and whining.

It's not like the items occur that much. And if they were that annoying, they wouldn't be in the game. It's not a one sided thing. You can easily kill people with those items just like they can easily kill you with them.
If you take out the fun items, you ruin the game. Smash is built around those kinds of things.
You guys can make your tournament, and I might play in it. But I'm going to make my own tournament with nothing banned.

Denko

LifelessFawkes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:25 pm

And I'll make a tourny that has no items, but everything else is unbanned.
For people who want to play eachother more competitively.

Best of all worlds, if we make separate tournies.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:25 pm

Denko
Tatsuman
Denko
Tatsuman
Denko
Tatsuman

Elaborate a bit.

Banned or allowed?
The game's not even out yet. Can we have two tournaments? One you guys can make, and the other one that doesn't ban anything? Because that's the one I wanna be in.

If that's how you want to do a tournament, but can you honestly say the Smart bomb or Golden Hammer is fair at such a random appearance?

Until they get blasted from the stage three times in a row by the Smart bomb, Golden Hammer, and Bob-ombs.

It's not like the items occur that much. And if they were that annoying, they wouldn't be in the game. It's not a one sided thing. You can easily kill people with those items just like they can easily kill you with them.
If you take out the fun items, you ruin the game. Smash is built around those kinds of things.
You guys can make your tournament, and I might play in it. But I'm going to make my own tournament with nothing banned.

Yea, it is. If one Player gets a Golden Hammer, the other is almost certain to lose a stock. Plus, not only can you get cheap kills, you can fly.

We're leaving the ATs, Pokeballs, and Smash balls on for a reason. We're only banning items that make the game one sided.

Tatsuman

Dapper Genius

Denko

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:28 pm

Tatsuman
Denko
Tatsuman
Denko
Tatsuman

Yea, it is. If one Player gets a Golden Hammer, the other is almost certain to lose a stock. Plus, not only can you get cheap kills, you can fly.

We're leaving the ATs, Pokeballs, and Smash balls on for a reason. We're only banning items that make the game one sided.

Eh, whatever. I'll play in the tournament, but I just think you should know you're probably limiting the fun and excitement that's at the core of the Smash experience.
I mean no offense when I say this, but you guys take Smash way too seriously.
I guess that's just the style you like... but isn't that better suited to games like Street Fighter and the like?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:29 pm

Sauvie
We are meeting you guys half way with only banning the unfair elements of the game to make it as fair, and most fun and competitive as possible.

Smart bomb that does 40+ Damage on contact or Motion sensor to be all about Strategy not all about a lucky shot with a clearly over powered Item.

Fox is Broken so cant be played? No give us a shot here and maybe we can meet half way.
If we're banning stages and items why end it there? Why don't we ban certain characters? If so-and-so is broken, then why allow them? Mr. Game & Watch can spawn food, so that gives him an unfair advantage if he runs away and gets it. Peach could get an omega turnip and rape everyone. It's the randomness that makes Smash what it is. Smash.

Every other fighting game is the same. Two characters on a flat surface, no randomly spawning items, and two health bars. Is that really what we want to turn Smash into? No. That is what the brainless on SmashBoards are doing. That is what all of the so-called professionals do.

The items aren't unfair. You could get as lucky as I could and get the smart bomb, and rape me. It isn't like the game is skewing to my favor. Playing Smash without items is like playing Mario Kart without items. Stupid.

Meta_Fish
Captain

Tatsuman

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:31 pm

Denko
Tatsuman
Denko
Tatsuman
Denko
Tatsuman

Eh, whatever. I'll play in the tournament, but I just think you should know you're probably limiting the fun and excitement that's at the core of the Smash experience.
I guess that's just the style you like... but isn't that better suited to games like Street Fighter and the like?

If you want to make an all item tournament with no restrictions, I won't try to stop you.
I'm just asking you to trust us a bit.

Maybe we do. But if we're having a tournament, should it not be as fun and fair as possible?

Much different concepts. If I said all items and only a few stages, then you'd have a point. But I didn't
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:37 pm

Adult conversation. D: Imah play with mai Legos! *plays with legos*

Romyion

Dapper Gaian

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:37 pm

Romyion
xoxoxox
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:38 pm

Meta_Fish
Sauvie

If we're banning stages and items why end it there? Why don't we ban certain characters? If so-and-so is broken, then why allow them? Mr. Game & Watch can spawn food, so that gives him an unfair advantage if he runs away and gets it. Peach could get an omega turnip and rape everyone. It's the randomness that makes Smash what it is. Smash.

Every other fighting game is the same. Two characters on a flat surface, no randomly spawning items, and two health bars. Is that really what we want to turn Smash into? No. That is what the brainless on SmashBoards are doing. That is what all of the so-called professionals do.

The items aren't unfair. You could get as lucky as I could and get the smart bomb, and rape me. It isn't like the game is skewing to my favor. Playing Smash without items is like playing Mario Kart without items. Stupid.

And that's part of her Moveset, which we can't do anything about. You guys are acting like we're telling you no items, only final destination.
We aren't. We're trying to make this a s fun as possible.

I've made this point before. And we're not turning off all items. Quite the contrary in fact.

I already said we're trying to keep banned items/stages to a minimum, while preserving the fun.

Tatsuman

Dapper Genius

Romyion

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:39 pm

Meta_Fish
Romyion
xoxoxox
Aww mom! redface The other kids are watching!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:39 pm

Tatsuman
Denko
Tatsuman
Denko
Tatsuman

If you want to make an all item tournament with no restrictions, I won't try to stop you.

Maybe we do. But if we're having a tournament, should it not be as fun and fair as possible?

Much different concepts. If I said all items and only a few stages, then you'd have a point. But I didn't
Well, if you want it to be fair, then everyone has a chance at EVERY item. EVERY stage. EVERY character. You pick who YOU like, not who the rules tell you to pick.

LifelessFawkes

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:41 pm

Tatsuman
And that's part of her Moveset, which we can't do anything about. You guys are acting like we're telling you no items, only final destination.
We aren't. We're trying to make this a s fun as possible.

I've made this point before. And we're not turning off all items. Quite the contrary in fact.

I already said we're trying to keep banned items/stages to a minimum, while preserving the fun.
Then I'm ranting because I haven't had a real good chance to rant about s**t like this.

All items should be left on. It's luck, yes. Luck can determine stock. You're taking out hammers but leaving Pokeballs and ATs on?

Tell me, when you play Melee, and someone gets a hammer, what do you do? You ******** run. If they kill you, what do you do? Die fast, come back, and hit them with your bit of invincibility, steal the hammer, and get payback.

A good Smash player knows how to use items.
A great Smash player knows how to dodge those items.

Preserving the fun would be letting me choose any stage and use any item. The fun comes when you run to a Pokeball only to get Goldeen, or when you rush to a capsule, throw it to your feet and die. If you set limits, take a reality check, because you're taking the game too seriously.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:43 pm

Lifeless-Fox
Tatsuman
Denko
Tatsuman
Denko
Tatsuman

Well, if you want it to be fair, then everyone has a chance at EVERY item. EVERY stage. EVERY character. You pick who YOU like, not who the rules tell you to pick.

Why do people seem to think we're trying to ban characters?

Like I said, if that's how you all want to play, that's fine. I like to play with all items on too, but it's just not plausible in any kind of tournament.

Tatsuman

Dapper Genius

LifelessFawkes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:45 pm

Tatsuman
Lifeless-Fox
Tatsuman
Denko
Tatsuman

Why do people seem to think we're trying to ban characters?

Like I said, if that's how you all want to play, that's fine. I like to play with all items on too, but it's just not plausible in any kind of tournament.
Thats why its not a super serial tournament.
It's FOR FUN.
For kicks.
If it were super serial, I'd understand the banning of items.
But tahts about it.
Anyone can work around hardships, but if you want it to be fun, keep in the items.
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games