Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Hello, I'm a Noob and I like Resident Evil Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 75 76 77 78 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:33 am
That reminds me how the Xplay staff used to get constantly asked about when the next Kingdom Hearts was going to come out (back when I watched it).

These type of people should know there's this little thing called the internet and on the internet you can find out about a lot of stuff including, GAME RELEASE DATES.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:19 pm
He would've said RE4, not Outbreak if it was a fake. No, my friend, I'm afraid this guy's for real real.  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:32 pm
Expechially. rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:10 pm
Oh god.

LOL rofl

The movies are horrid. HORRID! burning_eyes

Okay, well I haven't seen the last one, and I actually heard from a reliable source who also hated the first two movies that it was actually pretty decent, but I couldn't stand the first two. Well, actually, I found the second one somewhat enjoyable, because it was so bad that it was unintentionally funny. Will they ever make a good video game-based movie?  

Thee Stranger

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:28 pm
Heeere we go again...

*grabs a clipboard with a checklist*

...A. What's wrong with them?

B. Mortal Kombat's a great video game movie...

C. The RE movies are good...

D. Max Payne wasn't too bad...

E. Double Dragon kicked a**...

Shall I continue?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:56 pm
Super Mario Brothers was awesome too.
Tron was good.
Let's not forget Silent Hill.
Honestly, the only video game movies that I truly hated were the ones made by Uwe Boll, and interestingly enough, the ones that were made by the game companies themselves, i.e. Advent Children, and the first 10 minutes of Degeneration that I actually bothered watching. I'm not masochistic enough to put myself through the rest of it.
But RE movies were good, especially compared to the current games.
I can't wait for the Castlevnia movie.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:00 pm
A.) They suck.
B.) It's probably the closest a video game-based movie has ever come to being halfway decent... but 'great' definitely does not describe it.
C.) No they're not.
D.) Haven't seen it; won't speak on it.
E.) ROFL! rofl Please don't tell me you're being serious right now.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:07 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Super Mario Brothers was awesome too.
Tron was good.
Let's not forget Silent Hill.
Honestly, the only video game movies that I truly hated were the ones made by Uwe Boll, and interestingly enough, the ones that were made by the game companies themselves, i.e. Advent Children, and the first 10 minutes of Degeneration that I actually bothered watching. I'm not masochistic enough to put myself through the rest of it.
But RE movies were good, especially compared to the current games.
I can't wait for the Castlevnia movie.

I agree wholeheartedly about Advent Children. Yeah, Degeneration... I'm kind of curious, but it looks pretty lame. I wasn't aware of a Castlevania movie in the works. That might be okay.

What-what-what?!? RE movies were good?!? *shakes head*
No, Bio. No. neutral

And I thought you hated protagonists dodging and flipping over lasers in narrow corridors. I honestly just don't see how any fan of the games could like those movies. For starters, the first one was nothing like the games at all. The acting was terrible, and the characters were dumb, stiff, shallow, and cliche. That one chick was a total throwback to Vasquez from Aliens, minus all the charisma. The plot twists were dumb too. Most of all though, the movie was dull, boring, and just painful to watch. I really had to fight with myself to sit through the whole thing, despite my brother's constant insistence to watch something else, because he thought it was horrid too. But as an RE fan, I had to see it through.

And the second one... lol, the acting was even worse this time! It was so bad it was laughable. xd And whoever wrote that piece of s**t does not know how to pace a movie at all. But they did add a few characters and plot devices from the games, particularly RE3, in an effort to appeal to the fans... and the execution couldn't have been worse. We got Jill in her little RE3 skirt, and hey! Here's Nicholai! "I'm Nicholai Ginovaef. Remember me from the game, guys? I was kind of an older, burly bad guy dude in the game, but here I'm skinny redheaded stepchild who's about to get eaten in the next frame right after introducing myself." I mean, seriously. What's the point? And then we got Day-Day from Next Friday (don't know the actor's name), who was supposed to act as some sort of comic relief, but fails miserably in his poorly-written, cliched role. I don't blame the actor himself, though. He really had nothing to work with. The ninja fight with Nemesis (the bad, really fake looking suit) at the end? rofl It's just dumb!

It's dumb, guys! C'mon now! You know it's true!  

Thee Stranger

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:06 am
*sigh, grabs another piece of paper titled "Movie Discussion Checkpoints"*

A. Look closely. Nobody does a single flip in the laser hall. Alice herself never even has to dodge one. Ever. At the end of Extinction, even with all her powers, she knows she can't escape it and decides she's just gonna have to hope it's quick. Luckily, believe it or not... she's saved by someone else. Yes. She couldn't get herself out of a predicament and would've died if someone hadn't helped her.

B. The movies aren't like the games? What? Oh wait, that's right... they're not supposed to be. That was Anderson's plan from the beginning: don't tread through what we already know, just take a chance and go for something different. That automatically garners him some cool points. The acting was pretty good, though at points yes, it's wasn't exactly stunning. Remember, low-budget movie. Again, cool points for making good special effects and such with tight cash.

C. People whined with their thumbs up their asses for movie stuff. Anderson wanted to please his fans so he tossed in elements from the game. This doesn't mean they would be like the game. That's why Nicholai died so fast, why Ashford is a good person, etc. And Mike Epps had some good lines. They almost remind me of his stand-up, so I liked it. Maybe I'm just partial to him. And with the fight. Again, he brought in a game element and used it in his own way. Not only that, but there was the backstory from the first movie. Nemesis wasn't some nameless person, it was someone she knew and he was trying to kill someone he knows against his will, until he finally fights to stop it. Not like the games; not supposed to be. It seems to always come back to this.

No, I'm afraid I don't know it's true.

As for the movies I recommended...
A. Very detailed. You should be a reviewer.
B. You have something against Paul W.S. Anderson, don't you?
C. I disagree.
D. If you've played the game, and you seem to like your movies like the games, then you'll like it.
E. I'm very serious. It was a good 90's action/comedy that wasn't a cop movie. Plus, Robert Patrick. Can't go wrong.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:32 am
Actually in the game, Nicholai was only supposed to be 35, the fact that Capcom gave him white hair was their own stereotypical convention, and I'm really glad that he wasn't a stereotypical Russian in the movie, and in fact was a good guy. Actually, most of the game characters that ended up in the movies, I PREFER the way they are in the movies. Carlos, Claire, Nicholai, were all better depicted in the movie, than they were in the games.
And even if you look at the way Wesker is NOW in the games, I prefer the way he is in the movies.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Vankala

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:48 am
The movies are great and I can't wait til the next one. razz Its really annoying when people come in here and complain that the movies aren't exactly like the games and call them "horrid", when that crap that Capcom's been putting out is far worse. stare

Edit: I had heard rumors about a Castlevania movie, but haven't heard anything confirming it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:36 am
That's all great for talking, but you guys are off topic. This is the thread where we rip the requests to join apart. His problem? What's with the caps?  

Alkaizer87

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:02 am
Now, this guy PM'ed me and I told him he could of course try again if he didn't do all caps. He said he would, so I might have to delete that in case he does in fact get accepted.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:16 am
Canas Renvall
*sigh, grabs another piece of paper titled "Movie Discussion Checkpoints"*

A. Look closely. Nobody does a single flip in the laser hall. Alice herself never even has to dodge one. Ever. At the end of Extinction, even with all her powers, she knows she can't escape it and decides she's just gonna have to hope it's quick. Luckily, believe it or not... she's saved by someone else. Yes. She couldn't get herself out of a predicament and would've died if someone hadn't helped her.

A.) Look closely. That whole scene is retarded. There's a laser that passes through at head level, then another comes through at waist level, then another one. And they're all ducking and dodging the lasers, and then a grid laser comes out that's impossible to dodge, and cuts the team leader dude into shish kabob. Why didn't it just do that in the first place? What's the point? Pretty retarded.

Canas Renvall
B. The movies aren't like the games? What? Oh wait, that's right... they're not supposed to be. That was Anderson's plan from the beginning: don't tread through what we already know, just take a chance and go for something different. That automatically garners him some cool points. The acting was pretty good, though at points yes, it's wasn't exactly stunning. Remember, low-budget movie. Again, cool points for making good special effects and such with tight cash.

B.) Umm... the movie is called Resident Evil. Resident Evil is a game series. If you're going to make a movie based on the video games, then the movie should be like the games. That's the only logical conclusion one can draw. And no, that doesn't automatically garner him cool points. If the execution was well done, then I may have commended him for it, but it wasn't. It wasn't an entertaining movie. It was poopy and pointless.

Canas Renvall
C. People whined with their thumbs up their asses for movie stuff. Anderson wanted to please his fans so he tossed in elements from the game. This doesn't mean they would be like the game. That's why Nicholai died so fast, why Ashford is a good person, etc. And Mike Epps had some good lines. They almost remind me of his stand-up, so I liked it. Maybe I'm just partial to him. And with the fight. Again, he brought in a game element and used it in his own way. Not only that, but there was the backstory from the first movie. Nemesis wasn't some nameless person, it was someone she knew and he was trying to kill someone he knows against his will, until he finally fights to stop it. Not like the games; not supposed to be. It seems to always come back to this.

C.) "People whined with their thumbs up their asses for movie stuff"... I'm assuming you meant game stuff. So if Anderson wanted to please his 'fans' (I doubt any of us 'whiners' call ourselves fans) and toss in elements from the game, why didn't he make it like the game? So now we have characters with the same names from the game, but they're nothing like their video game counterparts. All they share are their names. Again, what's the point? If you're going to bother throwing them in to please fans, then why would you completely change their characters? Mike Epps did not have good lines. Sorry. Yes, the director brought in another game element and used it in his own way. And his own way sucks. I did not care for Nemesis's origin at all. Again, you are right. It's called Resident Evil, based on the hit video game series. Of course it shouldn't be like the games!

Canas Renvall
No, I'm afraid I don't know it's true.

As for the movies I recommended...
A. Very detailed. You should be a reviewer.
B. You have something against Paul W.S. Anderson, don't you?
C. I disagree.
D. If you've played the game, and you seem to like your movies like the games, then you'll like it.
E. I'm very serious. It was a good 90's action/comedy that wasn't a cop movie. Plus, Robert Patrick. Can't go wrong.

A.) I didn't want to get into the whole diatribe, but I was eventually compelled to. Think back to what your previous three paragraphs were addressing. 'Kay? Thanks. And interestingly enough, most reviewers agree with me: Rotten Tomatoes
B.) Not particularly. I just think his movies suck, that's all. Did he do Mortal Kombat? Hey, that movie was a lot like the games. Why didn't he do that with RE? Did he do Annihilation too? 'Cause that movie really sucked.
C.) Well then let's just agree to disagree and stop being a condescending p***k about it, shall we?
D.) I played the game, and it was alright. The story was nothing to really write home about. I'm not really interested in the movie.
E.) Pretty much sums it up

Biohazard EXTREME
Actually in the game, Nicholai was only supposed to be 35, the fact that Capcom gave him white hair was their own stereotypical convention, and I'm really glad that he wasn't a stereotypical Russian in the movie, and in fact was a good guy. Actually, most of the game characters that ended up in the movies, I PREFER the way they are in the movies. Carlos, Claire, Nicholai, were all better depicted in the movie, than they were in the games.
And even if you look at the way Wesker is NOW in the games, I prefer the way he is in the movies.

You can be 35 with gray hair. Look at Steve Martin. I'm not really a Nicholai fan. He always just seemed like a Russian Wesker wannabe in the games, but he served his purpose, and I liked him fine the way he was. There was absolutely no point to his existence in the movie. The second you find out who he is, he dies. Carlos's name may as well be Chris in the movie, and he was laaaammmme. RE3 Carlos was much more likable. Claire... don't really remember, and I don't remember seeing Wesker either.

Vankala
The movies are great and I can't wait til the next one. razz Its really annoying when people come in here and complain that the movies aren't exactly like the games and call them "horrid", when that crap that Capcom's been putting out is far worse. stare

Yes, how dare I have an opinion! scream
"The crap Capcom's been putting out is far worse"... Well, RE4's story was indeed crap, but it was still better than those atrocious movies, and the gameplay, while a departure from the standard Survival Horror format we all grew to know and love, was a very good and very influential action game. So I wouldn't exactly use the word 'crap' to describe the stuff they've been putting out.  

Thee Stranger

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 75 76 77 78 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games