Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
What could ruin Resident Evil? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Could Resident Evil ever be ruined?
  Yes
  Never
  Resident Evil 4
  Resident Evil Movies
  Other reason
View Results

Hatsumi Shinobi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:16 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Yeah... Umbrella Chronicles was the eye opener for me.

I only played UC once. Bunch of friends and I were having a LAN and we tried UC. We co-oped it so I haven't played Wesker's stuff.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:19 pm
It's fun to play with the sound off, and skipping the cinematics. That's the most I'd give it. But overall, it was meant to be 'fanservice' as the RE4 fanboys call it, but I see it for what it is. A big slap in the face to all the fans of the classic RE games.
Consider yourself lucky for not playing Wesker's scenarios. Though you probably still had to listen to his annoying narration at the beginning of each scenario.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Hatsumi Shinobi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:20 pm
Quote:
Though you probably still had to listen to his annoying narration at the beginning of each scenario.

Oh, of course! It was like, "You done yet, Wesker?"  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:22 pm
Hatsumi Shinobi

And if you played his scenarios, you'd get the agony of listening to him talk to himself snidely.
"I have a stalker. I think she likes me," he says to himself as he fights Lisa. Stupid, stupid, stupid.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Hatsumi Shinobi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:25 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Hatsumi Shinobi

And if you played his scenarios, you'd get the agony of listening to him talk to himself snidely.
"I have a stalker. I think she likes me," he says to himself as he fights Lisa. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

stare  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:29 pm
And then there's the last scenario, where as Wesker, you fight that idiot, Sergei. And he transforms into an ugly retard who painted himself like a Tyrant. And then as you fight him, he's having a whole conversation with you as he's... Um... Shooting eggs at you... Which hatch into little critter things...
WTF...  

Biohazard EXTREME

Hatsumi Shinobi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:20 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
And then there's the last scenario, where as Wesker, you fight that idiot, Sergei. And he transforms into an ugly retard who painted himself like a Tyrant. And then as you fight him, he's having a whole conversation with you as he's... Um... Shooting eggs at you... Which hatch into little critter things...
WTF...

That is pretty bad...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:25 pm
That sounds really bad...  

Confectionery Pastry

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:19 pm
I know you might be telling yourself, "If it's that bad, I HAVE to see it."
No, you don't. Especially if you played RE5, trust me, save yourself the extra grief.

The sad thing is, Umbrella Chronicles could've been a cool game, if they didn't put any story into it whatsoever. If Umbrella Chornicles served as more of a "Resident Evil: The Rail Shooter Ride" like, yes, revisit old areas, shoot a bunch of zombies, have fun. But they decided to tack the cutscenes on, and screw the storyline up even more. I hate you, Capcom.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:55 pm
Quote:
I hate you, Capcom.

Who doesn't anymore?  

Hatsumi Shinobi

Garcian Smith

Distinct Citizen

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:41 pm
Hatsumi Shinobi
Quote:
I hate you, Capcom.

Who doesn't anymore?

Mega man 10 is the only thing remotely interesting that they are making...
Way to pull an EA, guys...  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:11 pm
I never played Mega Man... But I have talked to fans who would insist that Mega Man has been ruined, as well.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:28 pm
Then they obviously haven't played MM9. It's about as old-school Mega Man as you can get. As in 8-bit music, gameplay, graphics... and ******** challenge. MM9 is hard as balls... much like the originals.

And MM10 looks only to be the same way. Which is awesome.

It's not so much that Capcom makes bad games, they just tend to milk milk milk. Sometimes, it works out where they stay close to the source material and it's all dandy good (Mega Man), or they begin to change and alienate their fans in favor of more money (...Every other series). I keep going back to it: RE4, great game. Fun to play. As a Resident Evil? ...Well, we've been over this so many times it almost gets annoying hearing it over and over, so it needn't be said how I feel about it. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:52 pm
Well, that conversation WAS in 2007, so maybe MM9 came out after.

RE4 isn't only bad as Resident Evil, it's bad as Survival Horror.
Like I said, I don't follow Mega Man, so I don't know the whole story of why it started or stopped sucking... But even if Resident Evil 6 is made with independent camera angles, tank controls, typewriters and item boxes... In other words, if it becomes 'old school' like Megaman, but still follows the current storyline, it's a lost cause. The storyline's been raped more than anything, and there's just no turning back. Other than a complete reboot.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:58 pm
Which is what Takeuchi has said it is. Whether that means back to the roots (static camera angles, etc.) or not has yet to be announced. Capcom is certainly deciding to take its time with it, though. Basically, Takeuchi said RE6 could arrive anywhere from 4 to 8 years from now. I mean... 8 years. Wtf.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff