Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:17 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 51
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 Thus saith the Lord; Behold, I will raise vp against Babylon, and against them that dwell in the middest of them that rise vp against me, a destroying wind;

2 And will send vnto Babylon fanners, that shall fanne her, and shall emptie her land: for in the day of trouble they shall be against her round about.

3 Against him that bendeth let the archer bend his bow, and against him that lifteth himselfe vp in his brigandine; and spare yee not her young men, destroy yee vtterly all her hoste.

4 Thus the slaine shall fall in the land of the Caldeans, and they that are thrust through in her streetes.

5 For Israel hath not beene forsaken, nor Iudah of his God, of the Lord of hostes; though their land was filled with sinne against the holy one of Israel.

6 Flee out of the middest of Babylon, and deliuer euery man his soule: bee not cut off in her iniquitie: for this is the time of the Lords vengeance: he will render vnto her a recompence.

7 Babylon hath beene a golden cup in the Lords hand, that made all the earth drunken: the nations haue drunken of her wine, therefore the nations are mad.

8 Babylon is suddenly fallen and destroyed: howle for her, take balme for her paine, if so be she may be healed.

9 We would haue healed Babylon, but she is not healed: forsake her, and let vs goe euery one into his owne countrey: for her iudgement reacheth vnto heauen, and is lifted vp euen to the skies.

10 The Lord hath brought forth our righteousnesse: come and let vs declare in Zion the worke of the Lord our God.

11 Make bright the arrowes: gather the shields: the Lord hath raised vp the spirit of the kings of the Medes: for his deuice is against Babylon, to destroy it; because it is the vengeance of the Lord, the vengeance of his temple.

12 Set vp the standart vpon the walles of Babylon, make the watch strong: set vp the watchman: prepare the ambushes: for the Lord hath both deuised and done that, which hee spake against the inhabitants of Babylon.

13 O thou that dwellest vpon many waters, abundant in treasures; thine end is come, and the measure of thy couetousnesse.

14 The Lord of hostes hath sworne by himselfe, saying, Surely I will fill thee with men, as with caterpillers; and they shall lift vp a shoute against thee.

15 Hee hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisedome, and hath stretched out the heauen by his vnderstanding.

16 When he vttereth his voyce, there is a multitude of waters in the heauens, and he causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth, he maketh lightnings with raine, and bringeth forth the wind out of his treasures.

17 Euery man is brutish by his knowledge: euery founder is confounded by the grauen image: for his moulten image is falsehood, and there is no breath in them.

18 They are vanitie, the worke of errours: in the time of their visitation they shall perish.

19 The portion of Iacob is not like them, for he is the former of all things, and Israel is the rod of his inheritance: the Lord of hostes is his Name.

20 Thou art my battel-axe and weapons of warre: for with thee will I breake in pieces the nations, and with thee will I destroy kingdomes;

21 And with thee will I breake in pieces the horse and his rider, and with thee will I breake in pieces the charet, and his rider;

22 With thee also will I breake in pieces man and woman, and with thee will I breake in pieces old and yong, and with thee will I breake in pieces the yong man and the maide.

23 I will also breake in pieces with thee, the shepheard and his flocke, and with thee will I breake in pieces the husbandman, and his yoke of oxen, and with thee will I breake in pieces Captaines and rulers.

24 And I will render vnto Babylon, and to all the inhabitants of Caldea, all their euil that they haue done in Zion in your sight, saith the Lord.

25 Behold, I am against thee, O destroying mountaine, saith the Lord, which destroiest all the earth, and I wil stretch out mine hand vpon thee, and roule thee downe from the rockes, and will make thee a burnt mountaine.

26 And they shall not take of thee a stone for a corner, nor a stone for foundations, but thou shalt be desolate for euer, saith the Lord.

27 Set ye vp a standart in the land, blow the trumpet among the nations: prepare the nations against her: call together against her the kingdomes of Ararat, Minni, & Ashchenaz: appoint a captaine against her: cause her horses to come vp as the rough caterpillers.

28 Prepare against her the nations with the kings of the Medes, the captaines thereof, and all the rulers thereof, and all the land of his dominion.

29 And the land shall tremble and sorrow: for euery purpose of the Lord shalbe performed against Babylon, to make the land of Babylon a desolation without an inhabitant.

30 The mightie men of Babylon haue forborne to fight: they haue remained in their holdes: their might hath failed, they became as women: they haue burnt their dwelling places: her barres are broken.

31 One poste shall runne to meet another, and one messenger to meete another, to shew the king of Babylon that his citie is taken at one end,

32 And that the passages are stopped, and the reedes they haue burnt with fire, and the men of warre are afrighted.

33 For thus saith the Lord of hostes, the God of Israel; The daughter of Babylon is like a threshing floore; it is time to thresh her: yet a little while, and the time of her haruest shall come.

34 Nebuchadrezzar the king of Babylon hath deuoured me, he hath crushed me; he hath made me an emptie vessell: hee hath swallowed mee vp like a dragon; he hath filled his bellie with my delicates, he hath cast me out.

35 The violence done to me and to my flesh, be vpon Babylon, shall the inhabitant of Zion say; and my blood vpon the inhabitants of Caldea, shall Ierusalem say.

36 Therefore thus saith the Lord, Behold, I wil plead thy cause, and take vengeance for thee, and I will drie vp her sea, and make her springs drie.

37 And Babylon shal become heaps, a dwelling place for dragons, an astonishment, and an hissing without an inhabitant.

38 They shall roare together like lions; they shall yell as lions whelps.

39 In their heat I will make their feasts, and I will make them drunken, that they may reioyce, and sleepe a perpetuall sleepe, and not wake, saith the Lord.

40 I will bring them downe like lambes to the slaughter, like rammes with hee goates.

41 How is Sheshach taken? and how is the praise of the whole earth surprised? how is Babylon become an astonishment among the nations?

42 The sea is come vp vpon Babylon: she is couered with the multitude of the waues thereof.

43 Her cities are a desolation, a dry land and a wildernes, a land wherein no man dwelleth, neither doeth any sonne of man passe thereby.

44 And I will punish Bel in Babylon, and I will bring forth out of his mouth that which he hath swallowed vp, and the nations shall not flow together any more vnto him, yea, the wall of Babylon shall fall.

45 My people, goe ye out of the midst of her, and deliuer ye euery man his soule frō the fierce anger of the Lord,

46 And lest your heart faint, and ye feare for the rumour that shall be heard in the land: a rumour shall both come one yeere, and after that in another yeere shall come a rumour, and violence in the land, ruler against ruler.

47 Therefore behold, the dayes come, that I will doe iudgment vpon the grauen images of Babylon, and her whole land shall bee confounded, and all her slaine shall fall in the midst of her.

48 Then the heauen and the earth, and all that is therein, shall sing for Babylon: for the spoilers shall come vnto her from the North, saith the Lord.

49 As Babylon hath caused the slaine of Israel to fall: so at Babylon shall fall the slaine of all the earth.

50 Ye that haue escaped the sword, go away, stand not still: remember the Lord afarre off: and let Ierusalem come into your mind.

51 We are confounded, because wee haue heard reproch, shame hath couered our faces: for strangers are come into the Sanctuaries of the Lords house.

52 Wherfore behold, the dayes come, saith the Lord, that I will do iudgment vpon her grauen images, and through all her land the wounded shall grone.

53 Though Babylon should mount vp to heauen, and though shee should fortifie the height of her strength, yet from me shall spoilers come vnto her, saith the Lord.

54 A sound of a crie commeth from Babylon, and great destruction from the land of the Caldeans.

55 Because the Lord hath spoiled Babylon, and destroyed out of her the great voyce when her waues doe roare like great waters, a noise of their voice is vttered.

56 Because the spoiler is come vpon her, euen vpon Babylon, and her mightie men are taken, euery one of their bowes is broken, for the Lord God of recompenses shall surely requite.

57 And I will make drunke her princes and her wise men, her captaines and her rulers, and her mightie men: and they shall sleepe a perpetuall sleepe, and not wake, saith the king, whose Name is the Lord of hosts.

58 Thus saith the Lord of hosts, The broad walles of Babylon shalbe vtterly broken, and her high gates shal be burnt with fire, and the people shall labour in vaine, and the folke in the fire, and they shall be weary.

59 ¶ The word which Ieremiah the prophet commanded Seraiah the sonne of Neriah, the sonne of Maaseiah, when he went with Zedekiah the king of Iudah into Babylon, in the fourth yeere of his reigne, and this Seraiah was a quiet prince.

60 So Ieremiah wrote in a booke all the euill that should come vpon Babylon: euen all these wordes that are written against Babylon.

61 And Ieremiah said to Seraiah, When thou commest to Babylon, and shalt see, and shalt read all these words,

62 Then shalt thou say, O Lord, thou hast spoken against this place, to cut it off, that none shall remaine in it, neither man nor beast, but that it shalbe desolate for euer.

63 And it shall bee when thou hast made an end of reading this booke, that thou shalt binde a stone to it, and cast it into the midst of Euphrates.

64 And thou shalt say, Thus shall Babylon sinke, and shall not rise from the euill that I will bring vpon her: and they shall be wearie. Thus farre are the words of Ieremiah.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:45 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 52

1 Zedekiah was one and twentie yeere olde when he began to reigne, and he reigned eleuen yeeres in Ierusalem, and his mothers name was Hamutal the daughter of Ieremiah of Libnah.

2 And hee did that which was euill in the eyes of the Lord, according to all that Iehoiakim had done.

3 For through the anger of the Lord it came to passe in Ierusalem and Iudah, till hee had cast them out from his presence, that Zedekiah rebelled against the king of Babylon.

4 ¶ And it came to passe in the ninth yere of his reigne, in the tenth moneth, in the tenth day of the moneth, that Nebuchad rezzar king of Babylon came, hee, and all his armie against Ierusalem, and pitched against it, and built fortes against it round about.

5 So the citie was besieged vnto the eleuenth yeere of king Zedekiah.

6 And in the fourth moneth, in the ninth day of the moneth, the famine was sore in the citie, so that there was no bread for the people of the land.

7 Then the city was broken vp, and all the men of warre fled, and went foorth out of the citie by night, by the way of the gate between the two wals, which was by the kings garden (now the Caldeans were by the city round about) and they went by the way of the plaine.

8 ¶ But the armie of the Caldeans pursued after the king, and ouertooke Zedekiah in the plaines of Iericho, & all his armie was scattered from him.

9 Then they tooke the king, and caried him vp vnto the king of Babylon to Riblah in the land of Hamath: where he gaue iudgement vpon him.

10 And the king of Babylon slew the sonnes of Zedekiah before his eyes: he slewe also all the princes of Iudah in Riblah.

11 Then he put out the eyes of Zedekiah, and the king of Babylon bound him in chaines, and caried him to Babylon, and put him in prison till the day of his death.

12 ¶ Now in the fifth moneth, in the tenth day of the moneth (which was the nineteenth yeere of Nebuchad-rezzar king of Babylon) came Nebuzaradan captaine of the guard, which serued the king of Babylon, into Ierusalem;

13 And burnt the house of the Lord, and the kings house, and all the houses of Ierusalem, and all the houses of the great men burnt he with fire.

14 And all the armie of the Caldeans that were with the captaine of the guard, brake downe all the walles of Ierusalem round about.

15 Then Nebuzaradan the captaine of the guard, caried away captiue certaine of the poore of the people, and the residue of the people that remained in the citie, and those that fell away, that fell to the king of Babylon, and the rest of the multitude.

16 But Nebuzaradan the captaine of the guard, left certaine of the poore of the land for Uine-dressers and for husbandmen.

17 Also the pillars of brasse that were in the house of the Lord, and the bases, and the brasen sea that was in the house of the Lord, the Caldeans brake, and caried all the brasse of them to Babylon.

18 The cauldrons also, and the shouels, and the snuffers, and the bolles, and the spoones, and all the vessels of brasse wherewith they ministred, tooke they away.

19 And the basons, and the firepans, and the bolles, and the cauldrons, and the candlestickes, and the spoones, and the cuppes; that which was of golde, in golde, and that which was of siluer, in siluer, tooke the captaine of the guard away:

20 The two pillars, one Sea, and twelue brasen bulles, that were vnder the bases, which king Solomon had made in the house of the Lord: the brasse of all these vessels was without weight.

21 And concerning the pillars, the height of one pillar was eighteene cubites, and a fillet of twelue cubites did compasse it, and the thickenesse thereof was foure fingers: it was hollow.

22 And a chapiter of brasse was vpon it, and the height of one chapiter was fiue cubites, with networke and pomegranates vpon the chapiters round about, all of brasse: the second pillar also and the pomegranates were like vnto these.

23 And there were ninetie and sixe pomegranates on a side, and all the pomegranates vpon the networke were an hundreth round about.

24 ¶ And the captaine of the guard tooke Seraiah the chiefe Priest, and Zephaniah the second Priest, and the three keepers of the doore.

25 Hee tooke also out of the citie an Eunuch, which had the charge of the men of warre, and seuen men of them that were neere the kings person which were found in the citie, and the principall Scribe of the host, who mustered the people of the land, and threescore men of the people of the land, that were found in the middest of the citie.

26 So Nebuzar-adan the captaine of the guard tooke them, and brought them to the king of Babylon to Riblah.

27 And the king of Babylon smote them, and put them to death in Riblah, in the land of Hamath: thus Iudah was caried away captiue out of his owne land.

28 This is the people whom Nebuchad-rezzar caried away captiue in the seuenth yeere, three thousand Iewes and three and twentie.

29 In the eighteenth yeere of Nebuchad-rezzar hee caried away captiue from Ierusalem eight hundredth, thirtie and two persons.

30 In the three and twentith yeere of Nebuchad-rezzar, Nebuzar-adan the captaine of the guard, caried away captiue of the Iewes seuen hundreth fortie and fiue persons: all the persons were foure thousand and sixe hundreth.

31 ¶ And it came to passe in the seuen and thirtieth yeere of the captiuitie of Iehoiakin king of Iudah, in the twelfth moneth, in the fiue and twentieth day of the moneth, that Euil-merodach king of Babylon, in the first yeere of his reigne, lifted vp the head of Iehoiakin king of Iudah, and brought him forth out of prison,

32 And spake kindly vnto him, and set his throne aboue the throne of the kings that were with him in Babylon,

33 And changed his prison garments: and hee did continually eate bread before him all the dayes of his life.

34 And for his diet, there was a continuall diet giuen him of the king of Babylon, euery day a portion vntill the day of his death, all the dayes of his life.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:41 am
Lamentations
Chapter 1

1 How doeth the citie sit solitarie that was full of people? How is she become as a widow? She that was great among the nations, and princesse among the prouinces, how is she become tributarie?

2 Shee weepeth sore in the night, and her teares are on her cheekes: among all her louers she hath none to comfort her, all her friends haue dealt treacherously with her, they are become her enemies.

3 Iudah is gone into captiuitie, because of affliction, and because of great seruitude: she dwelleth among the heathen, she findeth no rest: all her persecutors ouertook her betweene the straits.

4 The wayes of Zion do mourne, because none come to the solemne feasts: all her gates are desolate: her priests sigh: her virgins are afflicted, and she is in bitternesse.

5 Her aduersaries are the chiefe, her enemies prosper: for the Lord hath afflicted her; for the multitude of her transgressions, her children are gone into captiuitie before the enemie.

6 And from the daughter of Zion all her beautie is departed: her princes are become like Harts that find no pasture, & they are gone without strength before the pursuer.

7 Ierusalem remembred in the dayes of her affliction, and of her miseries, all her pleasant things that she had in the dayes of old, when her people fell into the hand of the enemie, and none did helpe her, the aduersaries saw her, and did mocke at her Sabbaths.

8 Ierusalem hath grieuously sinned, therefore she is remoued: all that honoured her, despise her, because they haue seene her nakednesse: yea, shee sigheth and turneth backward.

9 Her filthines is in her skirts, she remembreth not her last end, therfore she came downe wonderfully: shee had no comforter: O Lord, behold my affliction: for þe enemie hath magnified himselfe.

10 The aduersarie hath spread out his hand vpon all her pleasant things: for she hath seene that the heathen entred into her Sanctuarie, whom thou didst command that they should not enter into thy congregation.

11 All her people sigh, they seek bread, they haue giuen their pleasant things for meate to relieue the soule: see, O Lord, & consider: for I am become vile.

12 ¶ Is it nothing to you, all ye that passe by? Behold and see, if there be any sorow like vnto my sorowe, which is done vnto me, wherewith the Lord hath afflicted me, in the day of his fierce anger.

13 From aboue hath he sent fire into my bones, and it preuaileth against them: he hath spread a net for my feete, he hath turned me backe: he hath made me desolate, and faint all the day.

14 The yoke of my transgressions is bound by his hand: they are wreathed, and come vp vpon my necke: he hath made my strength to fall, the Lord hath deliuered me into their hands, from whom I am not able to rise vp.

15 The Lord hath troden vnder foot all my mightie men in the midst of me: he hath called an assembly against mee, to crush my yong men. The Lord hath troden the virgine, the daughter of Iudah, as in a wine presse.

16 For these things I weepe, mine eye, mine eye runneth downe with water, because the comforter that should relieue my soule is farre from me: my children are desolate, because the enemy preuailed.

17 Zion spreadeth forth her hands, and there is none to comfort her: the Lord hath commanded concerning Iacob, that his aduersaries should bee round about him: Ierusalem is as a menstruous woman among them.

18 ¶ The Lord is righteous, for I haue rebelled against his commandement: heare, I pray you, all people, and behold my sorow: my virgins and my yong men are gone into captiuitie.

19 I called for my louers, but they deceiued me: my priests and mine elders gaue vp the ghost in the citie, while they sought their meat to relieue their soules

20 Behold, O Lord: for I am in distresse: my bowels are troubled: mine heart is turned within mee, for I haue grieuously rebelled: abroad the sword bereaueth, at home there is as death.

21 They haue heard that I sigh, there is none to comfort me: all mine enemies haue heard of my trouble, they are glad that thou hast done it: thou wilt bring the day that thou hast called, and they shall be like vnto me.

22 Let all their wickednes come before thee: and doe vnto them, as thou hast done vnto me for all my transgressions: for my sighes are many, and my heart is faint.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:46 am
Lamentations
Chapter 2

1 How hath the Lord couered the daughter of Zion with a cloud, in his anger, and cast downe from heauen vnto the earth the beautie of Israel, and remembred not his footstoole in the day of his anger?

2 The Lord hath swallowed vp all the habitations of Iacob, and hath not pitied: he hath throwen downe in his wrath the strong holds of the daughter of Iudah: he hath brought them down to the ground: hee hath polluted the kingdome and the princes thereof.

3 He hath cut off in his fierce anger all the horne of Israel: he hath drawen backe his right hand from before the enemy, and he burned against Iacob like a flaming fire which deuoureth round about.

4 He hath bent his bow like an enemy: he stood with his right hand as an aduersary, and slew all that were pleasant to the eye, in the tabernacle of the daughter of Zion: he powred out his furie like fire.

5 The Lord was an enemie: he hath swallowed vp Israel, hee hath swallowed vp all her palaces: he hath destroyed his strong holds, and hath increased in the daughter of Iudah mourning and lamentation.

6 And he hath violently taken away his tabernacle, as if it were of a garden, hee hath destroyed his places of the assembly: the Lord hath caused the solemne feasts and Sabbaths to be forgotten in Zion, and hath despised in the indignation of his anger the King and the Priest.

7 The Lord hath cast off his Altar: hee hath abhorred his Sanctuarie: he hath giuen vp into the hand of the enemie the walles of her palaces: they haue made a noise in the house of the Lord, as in the day of a solemne Feast.

8 The Lord hath purposed to destroy the wall of the daughter of Zion: he hath stretched out a line: he hath not withdrawen his hand from destroying: therefore hee made the rampart and the wall to lament: they languished together.

9 Her gates are sunke into the ground: he hath destroyed and broken her barres: her King and her Princes are among the Gentiles: the Law is no more, her prophets also finde no vision from the Lord.

10 The Elders of the daughter of Zion sit vpon the ground and keepe silence: they haue cast vp dust vpon their heads: they haue girded themselues with sackcloth: the virgins of Ierusalem hang downe their heades to the ground.

11 Mine eyes doe faile with teares: my bowels are troubled: my liuer is powred vpon the earth, for the destruction of the daughter of my people, because the children and the sucklings swoone in the streets of the citie.

12 They say to their mothers, Where is corne and wine? when they swooned as the wounded in the streets of the citie, when their soule was powred out into their mothers bosome.

13 What thing shall I take to witnesse for thee? what thing shall I liken to thee, O daughter of Ierusalem? what shall I equal to thee, that I may comfort thee, O Uirgin daughter of Zion? for thy breach is great like the sea: who can heale thee?

14 Thy Prophets haue seene vaine and foolish things for thee, and they haue not discouered thine iniquitie, to turne away thy captiuitie: but haue seene for thee false burdens, and causes of banishment.

15 All that passe by, clap their hands at thee: they hisse and wagge their head at the daughter of Ierusalem, saying, Is this the citie that men call the perfection of beauty, the ioy of the whole earth?

16 All thine enemies haue opened their mouth against thee: they hisse and gnash the teeth: they say, We haue swallowed her vp: certainly this is the day that we looked for: we haue found, we haue seene it.

17 The Lord hath done that which he had deuised: he hath fulfilled his word that he had commanded in the dayes of old: hee hath throwen downe and hath not pitied: and he hath caused thine enemie to reioyce ouer thee, hee hath set vp the horne of thine aduersaries.

18 Their heart cried vnto the Lord, O wall of the daughter of Zion, let teares runne downe like a riuer, day and night: giue thy selfe no rest, let not the apple of thine eyes cease.

19 Arise, cry out in the night: in the beginning of the watches powre out thine heart like water before the face of the Lord: lift vp thy handes toward him, for the life of thy yong children, that faint for hunger in the top of euery streete.

20 ¶ Behold, O Lord, and consider to whom thou hast done this: shal the women eat their fruit, and children of a spanne long? shall the priest and the prophet be slaine in the Sanctuary of the Lord?

21 The yong and the old lye on the ground in the streets: my virgins and my yong men are fallen by the sword: thou hast slaine them in the day of thy anger: thou hast killed, and not pitied.

22 Thou hast called as in a solemne day my terrours round about, so that in the day of the Lords anger, none escaped nor remained: those that I haue swadled and brought vp, hath mine enemy consumed.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:27 pm
Lamentations
Chapter 3

1 I Am the man that hath seene affliction by the rod of his wrath.

2 He hath led me and brought mee into darkenesse, but not into light.

3 Surely against me is he turned, he turneth his hand against me all the day.

4 My flesh and my skinne hath he made old, he hath broken my bones.

5 He hath builded against me, and compassed me with gall and trauel.

6 He hath set me in darke places, as they that be dead of old.

7 He hath hedged me about, that I cannot get out: hee hath made my chaine heauie.

8 Also when I cry and shout, he shutteth out my prayer.

9 Hee hath inclosed my wayes with hewen stone: he hath made my pathes crooked.

10 He was vnto me as a Beare lying in waite, and as a Lion in secret places.

11 Hee hath turned aside my wayes, and pulled me in pieces: hee hath made me desolate.

12 He hath bent his bow, and set me as a marke for the arrow.

13 Hee hath caused the arrowes of his quiuer to enter into my reines.

14 I was a derision to all my people, and their song all the day.

15 Hee hath filled me with bitternesse, hee hath made me drunken with wormewood.

16 He hath also broken my teeth with grauell stones, hee hath couered me with ashes.

17 And thou hast remoued my soule farre off from peace: I forgate prosperitie.

18 And I said, My strength and my hope is perished from the Lord:

19 Remembring mine affliction and my miserie, the wormewood & the gall.

20 My soule hath them still in remembrance, and is humbled in me.

21 This I recall to my mind, therefore haue I hope.

22 ¶ It is of the Lords mercies that wee are not consumed, because his compassions faile not.

23 They are newe euery morning: great is thy faithfulnesse.

24 The Lord is my portion, sayth my soule, therefore will I hope in him.

25 The Lord is good vnto them that waite for him, to the soule that seeketh him.

26 It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the saluation of the Lord.

27 It is good for a man that he beare the yoke in his youth.

28 Hee sitteth alone and keepeth silence, because hee hath borne it vpon him.

29 He putteth his mouth in the dust, if so be there may be hope.

30 Hee giueth his cheeke to him that smiteth him, hee is filled full with reproch.

31 For the Lord will not cast off for euer.

32 But though hee cause griefe, yet will hee haue compassion according to the multitude of his mercies.

33 For he doth not afflict willingly, nor grieue the children of men.

34 To crush vnder his feete all the prisoners of the earth,

35 To turne aside the right of a man before the face of the most high,

36 To subuert a man in his cause, the Lord approoueth not.

37 ¶ Who is hee that sayth, and it commeth to passe, when the Lord commandeth it not?

38 Out of the mouth of the most hie proceedeth not euill and good?

39 Wherefore doeth a liuing man complaine, a man for the punishment of his sinnes?

40 Let vs search and try our waies, and turne againe to the Lord.

41 Let vs lift vp our heart with our hands vnto God in the heauens.

42 We haue transgressed, and haue rebelled, thou hast not pardoned.

43 Thou hast couered with anger, and persecuted vs: thou hast slaine, thou hast not pitied.

44 Thou hast couered thy selfe with a cloud, that our prayer should not passe through.

45 Thou hast made vs as the offscouring and refuse in the middest of the people.

46 All our enemies haue opened their mouthes against vs.

47 Feare and a snare is come vpon vs, desolation and destruction.

48 Mine eye runneth downe with riuers of water, for the destruction of the daughter of my people.

49 Mine eye trickleth downe and ceaseth not, without any intermission:

50 Till the Lord looke downe, and behold from heauen.

51 Mine eye affecteth mine heart, because of all the daughters of my city.

52 Mine enemies chased me sore like a bird, without cause.

53 They haue cut off my life in the dungeon, and cast a stone vpon me.

54 Waters flowed ouer mine head, then I sayd, I am cut off.

55 ¶ I called vpon thy name, O Lord, out of the low dungeon.

56 Thou hast heard my voice, hide not thine eare at my breathing, at my crie.

57 Thou drewest neere in the day that I called vpon thee: thou saidst, Feare not.

58 O Lord, thou hast pleaded the causes of my soule, thou hast redeemed my life.

59 O Lord, thou hast seene my wrong, iudge thou my cause.

60 Thou hast seene all their vengeance; and all their imaginations against me.

61 Thou hast heard their reproch, O Lord, and all their imaginations against me:

62 The lippes of those that rose vp against me, and their deuice against me all the day.

63 Behold, their sitting downe and their rising vp, I am their musicke.

64 ¶ Render vnto them a recompense, O Lord, according to the worke of their hands.

65 Giue them sorrow of heart, thy curse vnto them.

66 Persecute and destroy them in anger, from vnder the heauens of the Lord.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:42 am
Lamentations
Chapter 4

1 How is the gold become dimme! how is the most fine gold changed! the stones of the sanctuarie are powred out in the top of euery streete.

2 The precious sonnes of Zion, comparable to fine gold, how are they esteemed as earthen pitchers, the worke of the hands of the potter!

3 Euen the sea-monsters draw out the breast, they giue sucke to their young ones: the daughter of my people is become cruell, like the ostriches in the wildernesse.

4 The tongue of the sucking child cleaueth to the roofe of his mouth for thirst: the young children aske bread, and no man breaketh it vnto them.

5 They that did feede delicatly, are desolate in the streetes: they that were brought vp in scarlet, embrace dounghilles.

6 For the punishment of the iniquitie of the daughter of my people, is greater then the punishment of the sinne of Sodom, that was ouerthrowen as in a moment, and no hands stayed on her.

7 Her Nazarites were purer then snow, they were whiter then milke, they were more ruddie in body then rubies, their polishing was of Saphir.

8 Their visage is blacker then a cole: they are not knowen in the streets: their skinne cleaueth to their bones: it is withered, it is become like a sticke.

9 They that bee slaine with the sword, are better then they that be slain with hunger: for these pine away, stricken through for want of the fruits of the field.

10 The hands of the pitifull women haue sodden their owne children, they were their meate in the destruction of the daughter of my people.

11 The Lord hath accomplished his furie, he hath powred out his fierce anger, and hath kindled a fire in Zion, and it hath deuoured the foundations thereof.

12 The kings of the earth, and all the inhabitants of the world would not haue beleeued, that the aduersarie and the enemie should haue entred into the gates of Ierusalem.

13 ¶ For the sinnes of her prophets, and the iniquities of her priests, that haue shed the blood of the iust in the middest of her:

14 They haue wandred as blind men in the streetes, they haue polluted themselues with blood, so that men could not touch their garments.

15 They cryed vnto them; Depart yee, it is vncleane, depart, depart, touch not, when they fled away and wandred: they said among the heathen, They shall no more soiourne there.

16 The anger of the Lord hath diuided them, he will no more regard them: they respected not the persons of the priests, they fauoured not the elders.

17 As for vs, our eyes as yet failed for our vaine helpe: in our watching we haue watched for a nation that could not saue vs.

18 They hunt our steps that we cannot goe in our streets: our end is neere, our dayes are fulfilled, for our ende is come.

19 Our persecutours are swifter then the eagles of the heauen: they pursued vs vpon the mountaines, they laide waite for vs in the wildernesse.

20 The breath of our nostrels, the anointed of the Lord was taken in their pits, of whom we said, Under his shadowe we shall liue among the heathen.

21 ¶ Reioyce and be glad, O daughter of Edom, that dwellest in the lande of Uz, the cup also shall passe through vnto thee: thou shalt be drunken, and shalt make thy selfe naked.

22 ¶ The punishment of thine iniquitie is accomplished, O daughter of Zion, he will no more carie thee away into captiuitie: hee will visit thine iniquitie, O daughter of Edom, hee will discouer thy sinnes.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:30 pm
Lamentations
Chapter 5

1 Remember, O Lord, what is come vpon vs: consider and beholde our reproch.

2 Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliants.

3 We are orphanes and fatherlesse, our mothers are as widowes.

4 We haue drunken our water for money, our wood is sold vnto vs.

5 Our neckes are vnder persecution: we labour and haue no rest.

6 We haue giuen the hand to the Egyptians, and to the Assyrians, to be satisfied with bread.

7 Our fathers haue sinned and are not, and wee haue borne their iniquities.

8 Seruants haue ruled ouer vs: there is none that doeth deliuer vs out of their hand.

9 We gate our bread with the perill of our liues, because of the sword of the wildernesse.

10 Our skinne was blacke like an ouen, because of the terrible famine.

11 They rauished the women in Zion, and the maides in the cities of Iudah.

12 Princes are hanged vp by their hand: the faces of Elders were not honoured.

13 They tooke the young men to grinde, and the children fell vnder the wood.

14 The Elders haue ceased from the gate, the young men from their musicke.

15 The ioy of our heart is ceased, our daunce is turned into mourning.

16 The crowne is fallen from our head: Woe vnto vs, that wee haue sinned.

17 For this our heart is faint, for these things our eyes are dimme.

18 Because of the mountaine of Zion, which is desolate, the foxes walke vpon it.

19 Thou, O Lord, remainest for euer: thy throne from generation to generation.

20 Wherefore doest thou forget vs for euer, and forsake vs so long time?

21 Turne thou vs vnto thee, O Lord, and we shall be turned: renew our dayes as of old.

22 But thou hast vtterly reiected vs: thou art very wroth against vs.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:33 am
Ezekiel
Chapter 1

1 Now it came to passe in the thirtieth yeere, in the fourth moneth, in the fifth day of the moneth, (as I was among the captiues by the riuer of Chebar) that the heauens were opened, and I saw visions of God.

2 In the fifth day of the moneth, (which was the fifth yeere of king Iehoiakins captiuitie,)

3 The word of the Lord came expresly vnto Ezekiel the Priest, the sonne of Buzi, in the land of the Caldeans, by the riuer Chebar, and the hand of the Lord was there vpon him.

4 ¶ And I looked, and behold, a whirlewinde came out of the North, a great cloude, and a fire infoulding it selfe, and a brightnesse was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.

5 Also out of the midst thereof came the likenesse of foure liuing creatures, and this was their appearance: they had the likenesse of a man.

6 And euery one had foure faces, and euery one had foure wings.

7 And their feet were straight feet, and the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calues foot, and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brasse.

8 And they had the handes of a man vnder their wings on their foure sides, and they foure had their faces and their wings.

9 Their wings were ioyned one to another, they turned not when they went: they went euery one straight forward.

10 As for the likenesse of their faces, they foure had the face of a man, and the face of a lyon on the right side, and they foure had the face of an oxe on the left side: they foure also had the face of an eagle.

11 Thus were their faces: and their wings were stretched vpward, two wings of euery one were ioyned one to an other, and two couered their bodies.

12 And they went euery one straight forward: whither the spirit was to goe, they went: and they turned not when they went.

13 As for the likenesse of the liuing creatures, their appearance was like burning coles of fire, and like the appearance of lamps: it went vp and downe among the liuing creatures, and the fire was bright, and out of the fire went foorth lightning.

14 And the liuing creatures ranne, and returned as the appearance of a flash of lightning.

15 ¶ Now as I behelde the liuing creatures: behold one wheele vpon the earth by the liuing creatures, with his foure faces.

16 The appearance of the wheeles, and their worke was like vnto the colour of a Berill: and they foure had one likenesse, and their appearance and their worke was as it were a wheele in the middle of a wheele.

17 When they went, they went vpon their foure sides: and they returned not when they went.

18 As for their rings, they were so high, that they were dreadful, and their rings were full of eyes round about them foure.

19 And when the liuing creatures went, the wheeles went by them: and when the liuing creatures were lift vp from the earth, the wheels were lift vp.

20 Whithersoeuer the spirit was to goe, they went, thither was their spirit to goe, and the wheeles were lifted vp ouer against them: for the spirit of the liuing creature was in the wheeles.

21 When those went, these went, and when those stood, these stood; and when those were lifted vp from the earth, the wheeles were lifted vp ouer against them: for the spirit of the liuing creature was in the wheeles.

22 And the likenesse of the firmament vpon the heads of the liuing creature was as the colour of the terrible chrystall, stretched foorth ouer their heads aboue.

23 And vnder the firmament were their wings straight, the one toward the other, euery one had two which couered on this side, & euery one had two, which couered on that side their bodies.

24 And when they went, I heard the noise of their wings, like the noise of great waters, as the voice of the Almightie, the voice of speech, as the noise of an hoste: when they stood, they let downe their wings.

25 And there was a voice from the firmament, that was ouer their heads, when they stood, and had let downe their wings.

26 ¶ And aboue the firmament that was ouer their heads, was the likenesse of a Throne, as the appearance of a Saphyre stone, and vpon the likenesse of the Throne was the likenesse as the appearance of a man aboue vpon it.

27 And I saw as the colour of amber, as the appearance of fire round about within it: from the appearance of his loynes euen vpward, and from the appearance of his loynes euen downeward, I saw as it were the appearance of fire, & it had brightnesse round about.

28 As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloude in the day of raine, so was the appearance of the brightnesse round about. This was the appearance of the likenesse of the glory of the Lord: and when I saw it, I fell vpon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:45 am
Ezekiel
Chapter 2

1 And he said vnto me, Son of man, stand vpon thy feete, and I will speake vnto thee.

2 And the spirit entred into me, when hee spake vnto me, and set me vpon my feete, that I heard him that spake vnto me:

3 And hee said vnto me, Sonne of man, I send thee to the children of Israel, to a rebellious nation that hath rebelled against mee: they and their fathers haue transgressed against mee, euen vnto this very day.

4 For they are impudent children and stiffe hearted: I doe send thee vnto them, and thou shalt say vnto them, Thus sayth the Lord God.

5 And they, whether they wil heare or whether they will forbeare, (for they are a rebellious house) yet shall know that there hath bene a Prophet among them.

6 ¶ And thou sonne of man, be not afraid of them, neither be afraid of their wordes, though bryars and thornes be with thee, and thou doest dwell among scorpions: be not afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their lookes, though they be a rebellious house.

7 And thou shalt speake my words vnto them, whether they will heare or whether they will forbeare, for they are most rebellious.

8 But thou, sonne of man, heare what I say vnto thee; Be not thou rebellious like that rebellious house: open thy mouth and eate that I giue thee.

9 ¶ And when I looked, behold, an hand was sent vnto mee, and loe, a roule of a booke was therein.

10 And he spread it before me, and it was written within and without, and there was written therein lamentations, and mourning, and woe.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:15 am
Ezekiel
Chapter 3

1 Moreouer he said vnto me, Sonne of man, eate that thou findest: eate this roule, and goe, speake vnto the house of Israel.

2 So I opened my mouth, and hee caused me to eate that roule.

3 And he said vuto mee; Sonne of man, cause thy belly to eate, and fill thy bowels with this roule that I giue thee. Then did I eate it, and it was in my mouth as honie for sweetnesse.

4 ¶ And he said vnto me, Sonne of man, goe, get thee vnto the house of Israel, and speake with my words vnto them.

5 For thou art not sent to a people of a strange speech, and of an hard language, but to the house of Israel.

6 Not to many people of a strange speech and of an hard language, whose words thou canst not vnderstand: surely had I sent thee to them, they would haue hearkened vnto thee:

7 But the house of Israel will not hearken vnto thee; for they will not hearken vnto me: for all the house of Israel are impudent and hard hearted.

8 Behold, I haue made thy face strong against their faces, and thy forehead strong against their foreheads.

9 As an adamant harder then flint haue I made thy forehead: feare them not, neither be dismayed at their lookes, though they be a rebellious house.

10 Moreouer he said vnto me, Sonne of man, all my words that I shall speake vnto thee, receiue in thine heart, and heare with thine eares.

11 And goe, get thee to them of the captiuity, vnto thy people, and speake vnto them and tell them, Thus saith the Lord God, whether they will heare, or whether they will forbeare.

12 Then the spirit tooke me vp, and I heard behind me a voyce of a great rushing, saying Blessed be the glory of the Lord from his place.

13 I heard also the noise of the wings of the liuing creatures that touched one another, and the noise of the wheeles ouer against them, and a noise of a great rushing.

14 So the spirit lifted me vp, and tooke me away, and I went in bitternesse, in the heate of my spirit, but the hand of the Lord was strong vpon mee.

15 ¶ Then I came to them of the captiuity at Tel-abib, that dwelt by the riuer of Chebar, and I sate where they sate, and remained there astonished among them seuen daies.

16 And it came to passe at the end of seuen dayes, that the word of the Lord came vnto me, saying;

17 Sonne of man, I haue made thee a watchman vnto the house of Israel: therefore heare the word at my mouth, & giue them warning from me.

18 When I say vnto the wicked; Thou shalt surely die, and thou giuest him not warning, nor speakest to warne the wicked from his wicked way to saue his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquitie: but his blood will I require at thine hand.

19 Yet if thou warne the wicked, and he turne not from his wickednesse, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity, but thou hast deliuered thy soule.

20 Againe, when a righteous man doth turne from his righteousnesse and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumbling blocke before him, he shall die: because thou hast not giuen him warning, he shall die in his sinne, and his righteousnesse which he hath done shal not be remembred: but his blood will I require at thine hand.

21 Neuerthelesse if thou warne the righteous man, that the righteous sinne not, and he doth not sinne; he shall surely liue, because he is warned: also thou hast deliuered thy soule.

22 ¶ And the hand of the Lord was there vpon me, and he said vnto me; Arise, goe forth into the plaine, and I will there talke with thee.

23 Then I arose and went forth into the plaine, and behold, the glory of the Lord stood there as the glory which I saw by the riuer of Chebar, and I fell on my face.

24 Then the spirit entred into me, and set me vpon my feet, and spake with me, and said vnto me, Goe shut thy selfe within thine house.

25 But thou, O sonne of man, behold, they shall put bands vpon thee, and shall bind thee with them, and thou shalt not goe out among them.

26 And I will make thy tongue cleaue to the roofe of thy mouth, that thou shalt be dumme and shalt not be to them a reprouer: for they are a rebellious house.

27 But when I speake with thee, I will open thy mouth, and thou shalt say vnto them; Thus saith the Lord God, He that heareth, let him heare, and he that forbeareth, let him forbeare: for they are a rebellious house.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:08 pm
Ezekiel
Chapter 4

1 Thou also sonne of man, take thee a tile, and lay it before thee, and pourtray vpon it the citie, euen Ierusalem,

2 And lay siege against it, and build a fort against it, and cast a mount against it: set the campe also against it, and set battering rammes against it round about.

3 Moreouer take thou vnto thee an yron panne, and set it for a wall of yron betweene thee and the city, and set thy face against it, and it shalbe besieged, and thou shalt lay siege against it: this shalbe a signe to the house of Israel.

4 Lie thou also vpon thy left side, and lay the iniquitie of the house of Israel vpon it: according to the number of the dayes that thou shalt lie vpon it, thou shalt beare their iniquitie.

5 For I haue layed vpon thee the yeeres of their iniquitie, according to the number of the dayes, three hundreth and ninetie daies. So shalt thou beare the iniquitie of the house of Israel.

6 And when thou hast accomplished them, lie againe on thy right side, and thou shalt beare the iniquitie of the house of Iudah fourtie dayes: I haue appointed thee each day for a yeere.

7 Therefore thou shalt set thy face toward the siege of Ierusalem, and thine arme shalbe vncouered, and thou shalt prophecie against it.

8 And behold, I wil lay bands vpon thee, and thou shalt not turne thee from one side to an other, till thou hast ended the dayes of thy siege.

9 ¶ Take thou also vnto thee wheat, and barley, and beanes, and lentils, and millet, and fitches, and put them in one vessell, and make thee bread thereof according to the number of the dayes that thou shalt lie vpon thy side; three hundreth and ninetie dayes shalt thou eate thereof.

10 And thy meate which thou shalt eat, shalbe by weight twentie shekels a day: from time to time shalt thou eat it.

11 Thou shalt drinke also water by measure, the sixt part of an hin: from time to time shalt thou drinke.

12 And thou shalt eate it as barley cakes, & thou shalt bake it with doung that commeth out of man in their sight.

13 And the Lord said, Euen thus shall the children of Israel eat their defiled bread among the Gentiles, whither I will driue them.

14 Then said I, Ah Lord God, behold, my soule hath not bene polluted: for from my youth vp euen til now, haue I not eaten of that which dieth of it selfe, or is torne in pieces, neither came there abominable flesh into my mouth.

15 Then he said vnto me, Loe, I haue giuen thee cowes doung for mans doung and thou shalt prepare thy bread therewith.

16 Moreouer he said vnto me, Sonne of man, behold, I wil breake the staffe of bread in Ierusalem, and they shall eat bread by weight, and with care, and they shal drinke water by measure, and with astonishment:

17 That they may want bread and water, & be astonied one with an other, and consume away for their iniquitie.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:36 pm
Ezekiel
Chapter 5

1 And thou sonne of man, take thee a sharpe knife, take thee a barbours rasor, and cause it to passe vpon thine head and vpon thy beard: then take the ballances to weigh, and diuide the haire.

2 Thou shalt burne with fire a third part in the midst of the city, when the dayes of the siege are fulfilled, and thou shalt take a third part, and smite about it with a knife, and a third part thou shalt scatter in the winde, and I will draw out a sword after them.

3 Thou shalt also take thereof a few in number, and bind them in thy skirts.

4 Then take of them againe, and cast them into the midst of the fire, and burne them in the fire: for thereof shall a fire come foorth into all the house of Israel.

5 ¶ Thus saith the Lord God; This is Ierusalem: I haue set it in the midst of the nations and countreys that are round about her.

6 And she hath changed my iudgements into wickednesse more then the nations, and my statutes more then the countreyes that are round about her: for they haue refused my iudgements and my statutes, they haue not walked in them.

7 Therefore thus saith the Lord God, Because yee multiplied more then the nations that are round about you, and haue not walked in my Statutes, neither haue kept my iudgments, neither haue done according to the iudgements of the nations that are round about you:

8 Therefore thus saith the Lord God, Behold, I, euen I am against thee, and will execute iudgements in the midst of thee in the sight of the nations.

9 And I will doe in thee that which I haue not done, and whereunto I will not doe any more the like, because of all thine abominations.

10 Therefore the fathers shall eate the sonnes in the midst of thee, and the sonnes shall eate their fathers, and I will execute iudgements in thee, and the whole remnant of thee will I scatter into all the windes.

11 Wherefore, as I liue, saith the Lord God, Surely because thou hast defiled my Sanctuary with all thy detestable things, and with all thine abominations, therefore will I also diminish thee, neither shall mine eye spare, neither will I haue any pitie.

12 ¶ A third part of thee shall die with the pestilence, and with famine shall they be consumed in the middest of thee: and a third part shall fall by the sword round about thee: and I will scatter a third part into all the windes, and I wil draw out a sword after them.

13 Thus shall mine anger be accomplished, and I will cause my fury to rest vpon them, and I will be comforted: and they shal know that I the Lord haue spoken it in my zeale, when I haue accomplished my fury in them.

14 Moreouer I will make thee waste, and a reproch among the nations that are round about thee, in the sight of all that passe by.

15 So it shall bee a reproch and a taunt, an instruction and an astonishment vnto the nations that are round about thee, when I shall execute iudgments in thee in anger and in furie, and in furious rebukes: I the Lord haue spoken it.

16 When I shall send vpon them the euill arrowes of famine, which shall be for their destruction, and which I will send to destroy you: and I wil increase the famine vpon you, and will breake your staffe of bread.

17 So will I send vpon you famine, and euill beasts, and they shall bereaue thee, and pestilence and blood shal passe through thee, and I will bring the sword vpon thee: I the Lord haue spoken it.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:57 am
Ezekiel
Chapter 6

1 And the worde of the Lord came vnto mee, saying,

2 Sonne of man, set thy face towardes the mountaines of Israel, and prophecie against them,

3 And say, Ye mountaines of Israel, Heare the word of the Lord God, Thus saith the Lord God to the mountaines and to the hilles, to the riuers and to the valleys, Behold, I, euen I will bring a sword vpon you, and I will destroy your high places.

4 And your altars shalbe desolate, and your images shall be broken: and I will cast downe your slaine men before your idoles.

5 And I will lay the dead carkeises of the children of Israel before their idoles, and I will scatter your bones round about your altars.

6 In all your dwelling places the cities shall be laid waste, and the high places shalbe desolate, that your altars may be laid waste and made desolate, and your idols may be broken and cease, and your images may bee cut downe, and your workes may be abolished.

7 And the slaine shall fall in the midst of you, and ye shall knowe that I am the Lord.

8 ¶ Yet will I leaue a remnant, that he may haue some, that shall escape the sword among the nations, when ye shalbe scattered through the countreys.

9 And they that escape of you shall remember me among the nations, whither they shalbe caried captiues, because I am broken with their whorish heart which hath departed from me, and with their eyes which goe a whoring after their idoles: and they shall loathe themselues for the euils which they haue committed in all their abominations.

10 And they shall know that I am the Lord, and that I haue not said in vaine, that I would doe this euill vnto them.

11 ¶ Thus sayth the Lord God; Smite with thine hand, and stampe with thy foot, and say, Alas, for all the euill abominations of the house of Israel: for they shall fall by the sword, by the famine, and by the pestilence.

12 He that is farre off shall die of the pestilence, and he that is neere shall fall by the sword, and hee that remaineth and is besieged, shall die by the famine: thus will I accomplish my furie vpon them.

13 Then shal ye know that I am the Lord, when their slaine men shalbe among their idoles round about their altars, vpon euery high hill in all the tops of the mountaines, and vnder euery greene tree, and vnder euery thicke oke, the place where they did offer sweet sauour to all their idoles.

14 So will I stretch out my hand vpon them, and make the land desolate, yea more desolate then the wildernesse towards Diblath, in all their habitations, and they shall know that I am the Lord.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:24 am
Ezekiel
Chapter 7

1 Moreouer the word of the Lord came vnto mee, saying;

2 Also thou sonne of man, thus saith the Lord God vnto the land of Israel, An end, the ende is come vpon the foure corners of the land.

3 Now is the ende come vpon thee, and I will send mine anger vpon thee, and will iudge thee according to thy wayes, and will recompense vpon thee all thine abominations.

4 And mine eye shal not spare thee, neither will I haue pitie: but I will recompense thy wayes vpon thee, and thine abominations shalbe in the midst of thee, and yee shall know that I am the Lord.

5 Thus sayth the Lord God, An euill, an onely euill, behold, is come.

6 An end is come, the end is come, it watcheth for thee, behold, it is come.

7 The morning is come vnto thee, O thou that dwellest in the land: the time is come, the day of trouble is neere, and not the sounding againe of the mountaines.

8 Now will I shortly powre out my furie vpon thee, and accomplish mine anger vpon thee: and I wil iudge thee according to thy wayes, and will recompense thee for all thine abominations.

9 And mine eye shall not spare, neither will I haue pitie: I will recompense thee according to thy wayes, and thine abominations that are in the middest of thee, and yee shall know that I am the Lord that smiteth.

10 Behold the day, behold, it is come, the morning is gone foorth, the rodde hath blossomed, pride hath budded.

11 Uiolence is risen vp into a rod of wickednesse: none of them shall remaine, nor of their multitude, nor of any of theirs, neither shall there be wailing for them.

12 The time is come, the day draweth neere, let not the buyer reioyce, nor the seller mourne: for wrath is vpon all the multitude thereof.

13 For the seller shall not returne to that which is solde, although they were yet aliue: for the vision is touching the whole multitude thereof which shal not returne: neither shall any strengthen himselfe in the iniquity of his life.

14 They haue blowen the trumpet, euen to make all ready, but none goeth to the battell: for my wrath is vpon all the multitude thereof.

15 The sword is without, and the pestilence and the famine within: he that is in the field shall die with the sword, and hee that is in the city, famine and pestilence shall deuoure him.

16 ¶ But they that escape of them, shall escape, and shall be on the mountaines like doues of the valleys, all of them mourning, euery one for his iniquitie.

17 All hands shall be feeble, and all knees shalbe weake as water.

18 They shall also girde themselues with sackcloth, and horrour shall couer them, and shame shall be vpon all faces, and baldnesse vpon all their heads.

19 They shall cast their siluer in the streets, and their golde shalbe remooued: their siluer and their golde shall not be able to deliuer them in the day of the wrath of the Lord: they shall not satisfie their soules, neither fill their bowels: because it is the stumbling blocke of their iniquitie.

20 ¶ As for the beautie of his ornament, he set it in maiestie: but they made the images of their abominations, and of their detestable things therein: therefore haue I set it farre from them.

21 And I will giue it into the hands of the strangers for a pray, and to the wicked of the earth for a spoile, and they shall pollute it.

22 My face will I turne also from them, and they shall pollute my secret place: for the robbers shall enter into it and defile it.

23 ¶ Make a chaine: for the land is full of bloody crimes, the citie is full of violence.

24 Wherfore I will bring the worst of the heathen, and they shall possesse their houses: I will also make the pompe of the strong to cease, and their holy places shall be defiled.

25 Destruction commeth, and they shall seeke peace, and there shall be none.

26 Mischiefe shall come vpon mischiefe, and rumour shall be vpon rumour, then shall they seeke a vision of the prophet: but the law shall perish from the priest, and counsell from the ancients.

27 The king shall mourne, and the prince shall be clothed with desolation, and the hands of the people of the land shall be troubled: I will doe vnto them after their way, and according to their deserts will I iudge them, and they shall know that I am the Lord.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:09 pm
Ezekiel
Chapter 8

1 And it came to passe in the sixt yeere, in the sixt moneth, in the fift day of the month, as I sate in mine house, and the elders of Iudah sate before me; that the hand of the Lord God fell there vpon me.

2 Then I beheld, and loe, a likenesse as the appearance of fire: from the appearance of his loines euen downeward, fire: and from his loines euen vpward, as the appearance of brightnesse, as the colour of amber.

3 And he put forth the forme of an hand, and tooke me by a locke of mine head, and the spirit lift me vp betweene the earth and the heauen, and brought me in the visions of God to Ierusalem, to the doore of the inner gate, that looketh toward the North, where was the seate of the image of ielousie, which prouoketh to ielousie.

4 And behold, the glory of the God of Israel was there according to the vision that I saw in the plaine.

5 ¶ Then said he vnto me, Sonne of man, lift vp thine eyes now the way towards the North: so I lift vp mine eyes the way toward the North, and behold, Northward at the gate of the altar, this image of ielousie in the entry.

6 He said furthermore vnto me, Sonne of man, seest thou what they doe? euen the great abominations that the house of Israel committeth heere, that I should goe farre off from my sanctuarie? but turne thee yet againe, and thou shalt see greater abominations.

7 ¶ And hee brought me to the doore of the court, and when I looked, behold a hole in the wall.

8 Then said he vnto me, Sonne of man, digge now in the wall: and when I had digged in the wall, behold a doore.

9 And he said vnto me, Goe in, and behold the wicked abominations that they doe heere.

10 So I went in and saw, and behold euery forme of creeping things, and abominable beasts, and all the idols of the house of Israel purtrayed vpon the wall round about.

11 And there stood before them seuentie men of the ancients of the house of Israel, and in the middest of them stood Iaazaniah the sonne of Shaphan, with euery man his censer in his hand, and a thicke cloud of incense went vp.

12 Then said he vnto me, Sonne of man, hast thou seene what the ancients of the house of Israel doe in the darke, euery man in the chambers of his imagery? for they say, The Lord seeth vs not, the Lord hath forsaken the earth.

13 ¶ Hee said also vnto me, Turne thee yet againe, and thou shalt see greater abominations that they doe.

14 Then he brought me to the doore of the gate of the Lords house which was towards the North, and behold, there sate women weeping for Tammuz.

15 ¶ Then said hee vnto me, Hast thou seene this, O sonne of man? Turne thee yet againe, and thou shalt see greater abominations then these.

16 And he brought me into the inner court of the Lords house, and behold at the doore of the Temple of the Lord, betweene the porch and the altar, were about fiue and twentie men, with their backes toward the temple of the Lord, and their faces towards the East, and they worshipped the sunne towards the East.

17 ¶ Then he said vnto me, Hast thou seene this, O sonne of man? Is it a light thing to the house of Iudah, that they commit the abominations, which they commit heere? for they haue filled the land with violence, and haue returned to prouoke me to anger: and loe, they put the branch to their nose.

18 Therefore will I also deale in furie: mine eye shall not spare, neither will I haue pitie: and though they crie in mine eares with a loud voyce, yet will I not heare them.  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games