Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
.::Introduce Yourself (or face a life of lurking...)::. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 59 60 61 62 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Atheistic Sunday

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:06 pm
Name: Kory
Birthday: 9/11/93
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Education: In HS and planning to attend University of Illinois
Dislikes: Fake people, "holy rollers", homophobes, morons

Other: I lived in Poland until age 7 when my parents made the terrible decision to move to America. Now I'm counting the days till I can afford a place of my own back in my homeland.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:14 pm
Hi! I'm another Michigan thirtysomething (35), working as a legal secretary in a less-than-lovely city (my friends often joke that I'm a New Englander at heart). About a year, year and a half or so ago, I finally came to the realization that I'd be much better off not pretending anymore on the whole religion thing and I finally listened to the increasingly exasperated voice in the back of my head to just knock it off. Yes, I spent more time on that than was really warranted, but I kinda got lost a few times or didn't really examine my state very closely. I do have some somewhat unpleasant and perhaps even harrowing tales concerning a few adventures I've had inflicted upon me along the way, but those may be better saved for other threads and other times. There have also been some really good ones, too, though.

I'm straight, single and content, and given to purple prose. I am also an Ice Cream Addict, Chocolate Shark and General Unrepentant Sugarite. I do not collect spores, molds and fungus, but consider the latter a necessity on pizza.

I am interested in historical re-creation, and am involved in the Society for Creative Anachronism. I sew, do beadwork, and study heraldry as well. I have quite a taste for horror and the weird, and am an enthusiast of H. P. Lovecraft (who happens to have been a fellow atheist!). Writing is another one of my little obsessions, as is reading. Actually, I have a number of other little obsessions, and I sometimes rotate them for freshness. I have a BA in Political Theory and Constitutional Democracy, but personally, I'd rather write creepy stories.

My tastes in music are a bit eclectic and widely ranged, shifting with my mood. Same with movies. Though, I must confess that I am not one of the Twilight folks.  

Paraldehyde Kool-Aid

Athena_Ritashe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:15 pm
Hi all, I'm a twenty seven year old college student reluctantly ready to graduate. I grew up Christian and switched to Paganism at 19. Stopped being a Pagan but was certain that there was something out there. Became a Buddhist a few months ago and then decided to shake off the illusion of a divine being. I spent too many years wasting my time trying to figure out what God was and what I was to do with my life, and realized that God is no more then a feeling of ecstacy given to believers from their own active imaginations. So I'm pretty new to Atheism, but it really feels like the veil has been lifted from my eyes.

Now I'm fully engaged at discovering the world around me and appreciating every moment I have. I hope to get to know you guys more and learn more about the fascinating natural processes that generate ourselves and the world around us.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:35 pm
Name: Nato
Ethnicity: Ri-majol, flip, jap & lao

I was actually lucky. I was born into relatively free-thinking environment but was raised Catholic. When I converted, I was greeted with support and love. I come here to further my knowledge as well as make new friends.  

Naitomea_Infekt_Infested

Zenex Smith

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:13 pm
User Image
[Zenex Smith™]
[Ello Everyone!]
[Names' Eric]
[I'm From New England... In USA]
[I'm 16 Going on 17 soon]
[Atheism has been my thing for 5 years now]

[Ace, The Coco Kitty™]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:30 pm
Gyah! I dun wanna forever lurk!!!! D:

Helluuuu~! My IRL name is Tina. You can call me that or Mikan/Mika. Whatever. n.n I'm 18. My birthday is 10/9/90.

I'm an Atheist. Just crossed over last month. sweatdrop

I'm still learning a lot.

I love: drawing, singing, climbing trees, hugging things/ppl, random glomps, wall climbing, horseback riding, writing stories/poems/lyrics, learning, reading, I heart science, I like math, history puts me to sleep (ESPECIALLY WHEN ON AUDIO [or being read to me]), manga, anime, James Randi (and his forum heart ), I have a strong weakness for animals (especially generally cute ones), I have a bigger weakness for Kittens, Puppies, Chicks(the animals!), and horses! :]

That pretty much sums it up. biggrin

Mikan no Tsuki

PetreyDish

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:48 pm
Hey, I'm Rachel. I'm seventeen, and a freshmen in college. I really enjoy painting and book binding, and have a new found interest in psychology.

I was raised Christian, but rejected it around the age of twelve. I looked into other religions for a few years, and eventually came to call myself an agnostic at about fifteen. The last year I've been struggling with the terms agnostic and atheist and have been trying to figure out what works best for me. For the most part, my immediate family doesn't really mind. The rest of my family doesn't know, but are pretty open individuals for the most part.

I'm very happy to be here and look forward to being part of this community.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:35 pm
Hi, I'm Kris. I am 22 and a senior biology major, though I won't graduate until next spring.

I was raised Christian but when I was about 12 my parents stopped going to church. By the time I was thinking about such things I realized that I did not believe in any god. I did not spend time searching, I was content not believing in any god. I find religion fascinating from the outside and zealots are all scary.  

Kris945

5,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Full closet 200

eduardo galpaleano

Liberal Ladykiller

9,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:00 pm
I am Ophiucha, otherwise known as Ucha, Ophis, or just Alexandra Victoria (my name in real life). I am seventeen and I will be attending the University of British Columbia come September (pretty much on my birthday, which is the 2nd). I hope to major in German-Scandinavian Studies and East Asian Studies (emphasis on Japan), but I'll probably take a ton of extra classes. I'm not the sort to rush through college and I might take a few summer courses just to keep it in 4 years. My parents are both atheists, but they gave me some brief religious teachings to see if I'd like anything (which I didn't). I am a writer by heart and I love the visual and musical arts, although I do not wish to pursue either as a hobby (though I'd love to pick up a shamisen). I do not believe in any sort of deity or divine being, and I doubt highly that one exists (agnostic with an atheist lean). However, I have a theory on 'belief'. It doesn't mean shite when it comes right down to it. Belief matters in a world where nothing can be proven, but I say religion should have more to do with knowledge, and I say "even if I know a God(dess) to be real, I will never worship them." And that is why I consider myself an atheist. Christians are ahead of the game; most agnostics would convert if proof were provided... but I say "Jesus (or whoever) could come down to me and tell me I am going to hell unless I say a simple 'Hail Mary!' and to that I'd just tell him to shove it."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:55 am
Let's see, I'm Kristi. I'm 19, going to be 20 in October. I'm in college studying to be an english major (go me!)

xXLifes A BeachXx

Sweet x Far x Thing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:03 am
This Revelation Is The Death Of Ignorance. . .
Tangled In A State Of Suffocation . . .

Well, um, My Birth certificate says Samantha buy everyone calls me Sam or Sami. Birthday's 7/6/91. I graduate HS on May 20th, and I'm going to a college here in WV where I don't know what I'll major in yet. I've been an Atheist for as long as I can remember, well over 9 years and until recently [last year or so] I would only let those I knew I could trust know, but now I'll tell anyone who asks. OH! and I like reading, writing, drawing, science, english, and math. [ I guess that would classify me as a nerd huh?]

Slave To Self Righteousness. . .
Damnation Is On Your Lips. . .

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:15 pm
Hey what's up? On Gaia, I'm Shadowed, though in real life, I'm called Jen. I'm in high school, close to graduation, and I'm hoping to major in politics or law, or foreign relations, and minor in something literature related.
I love to read, write and debate. Other than that, there's not a lot to me.
Hope to meet a lot of you around the guild!
-Shadowed.  

MercurialInK

Falhalterra

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:31 am
Heya, I'm Kristen. biggrin

I'm about 17 years old, turning 18 this June 25th. I live in Missouri but I'm amazingly not a hick either.

Trying to think of more things: I'm bisexual. blaugh Although I'm generally more comfortable around guys. I'm not for gender roles, and I pretty much despise them.
Plus, not a virgin anymore. xD

I'm going to college in Fall for my Mortuary Science Major. Plan to be an Embalmer someday. Maybe I'll get into Tech too, since I love working on PCs and whatever other computers. (I'm great at tweaking, mods, and little cheats in everyday life)

My friends call me a Metalhead, because I listen to a lot of Metal/Heavy Metal/Death Metal/and Black Metal when they are around. lol I love variety as well and can love just about any genre. I'm also into Moshing as well.

I was adopted when I was one years old by my grandparents. I was kinda a mistake. >.< Too bad a lot of people like me and want me to succeed. razz

Let me find like...two Prom 2009 pics for a picture thread or something. lol

But there you go. smile  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:10 pm
Atheistic Sunday
Name: Kory
Birthday: 9/11/93
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Education: In HS and planning to attend University of Illinois
Dislikes: Fake people, "holy rollers", homophobes, morons

Other: I lived in Poland until age 7 when my parents made the terrible decision to move to America. Now I'm counting the days till I can afford a place of my own back in my homeland.

I know how you feel, I was born Russian, lived in Ireland, and am suffering in America  

JohnnyRingo45

350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 59 60 61 62 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items