Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 540 541 542 543 544 545 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chibito7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:17 am
Well. Am I running away from Niph?

Who knows?

ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:13 pm
Look, the US people who give contracts to the Chinese factories are obviously aware of the risks and choose to do it anyway because it's cheap. It's totally impossible that they don't know that standards are slightly more lax. Besides, the vast vast vast majority of stuff is of good quality.

@Sin - Well, you can always come to France to visit. And I'll be home in the holidays and stuff anyway. (;

As if I'll get into that course.. rolleyes

@B&B - Pffffft. If you were, you'd have blocked me long ago. xD

Niphz
Crew

` T a p i o c a `

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:55 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Ew, politics Dx

If China doesn't sound like a good place for the Olympics, then why England?
England's way smaller than China...do you think we can cram thousands of tourists into our tiny rock? >.>
It would be even more overcrowded here...and what I hate is that when there's overcrowding there's bound to be no parking spaces stressed Which gives my daddy road rage...and so when we go London it will take aaaaaaages to find a free parking space D=

Anyhooo~
Has anyone ate their moon cakes yet? =D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:05 pm
Would I be a bad asian if I said I hate moon cakes?  

mymiridon

Minielf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:18 pm
t0ngt0ng

sin shall avoid politics.

B&B;;
so B&B wishes to run away from Niphy? o:

niphy;;
the day on which i shall come will arrive.
but until then, niphy must be patient.
-nodnod-
though there is the problem that niphy may be in france by the time that day arrives. :B

Even though I said I'd accomply you to see Niph, there's fat chance of me actually been able to leave Australia until the end of 2009 at the earliest. I already spent a fortune on a month long holiday in China. And Europe would probably be a scarier place than China since I know jack s**t any French, German etc. At least in China I could converse in fluent Mandarin with practically everyone. ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:42 pm

mini;
but you will not need to know any french or whatever,
as we're going to britain and they speak english there? D:

yalie;
i don't like mooncakes either. P:

niphy;
i'll hardly have enough money to stay in england let alone travel to france as well. Q___Q
of course you'll get into that course.
niphy is super smart. C:

Princess Rhode
Crew

soumakisa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:14 am
    × western cake is better..

mooncakes are high in cholestrol and oily.. XD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:21 am
Ha Ha! I'm not the only one who doesn't like them.
Anyways, I think standard English, everyone can understand, but do the Brits still speak in cockney? and other dialects that go so fast I can't understand? eek  

mymiridon

Chibito7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:23 am
mad @ Mooncake

Eeeew. Eeeeeeew.

But Happy Mid-Autumn Festival, minna! 4laugh

gonk @ Niph

I'm too soft. cry  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:27 am
soft? like a plushie?  

mymiridon

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:51 am
OMGWTF. Okay. Let me clear this up.

NOT ALL BRITISH PEOPLE SPEAK WITH A COCKNEY ACCENT. COCKNEY IS SPOKEN BY NATIVES OF CERTAIN PARTS OF LONDON. THAT IS IT. NOWHERE ELSE IS IT SPOKEN. THANK YOU.

Dialects do vary a bit but mostly it is understandable, and not overly fast. If you go up to Scotland it may be a tad difficult but usually it's still possible.

B&B & I speak RP English (received pronunciation). Which is standard 'BBC' English. 3nodding In fact it may even be leaning on the posh side of standard.. xD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:22 pm
soumakisa
    × western cake is better..

mooncakes are high in cholestrol and oily.. XD

What, you, Sin and Yalie don't like Mooncakes? They're awesome! Admittedly they are very high in cholesterol, but as long as you eat in moderation it's okay right? xd

Sin: Well, I guess there's no problems with language, but what about accomodation? I don't think Niph's family will let us stay with her at their house, and Oxford/Cambridge probably doesn't allow non-students to stay on campus either.  

Minielf

mymiridon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:32 pm
@niphz: lol okay, I was jking. I have a hard time imaging anyone with a posh accent XD

@mini: I hade mooncakes, they're all gross and chalky. Feels almost like eating stale bread xp  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:03 pm
I hate mooncakes.

I only like the ones with the egg inside.

'Cos I take egg out and eat it.

Then give the rest to my mom.

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

mymiridon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:02 am
what?seriously? I hate the egg part too!  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 540 541 542 543 544 545 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games