Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Hello, I'm a Noob and I like Resident Evil Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 75 76 77 78 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:44 am
Question: Would you rather see a movie, based on a video game where you know EXACTLY what would happen every step of the damned thing? or would you rather see a movie BASED on a game series, which takes several elements from the games, all while separating itself from the countless zombie movies beforehand?

A..)Did you pay attention to the first RE movie at all? The Red Queen, the hologram that kept appearing was trying to prevent infection. When the team tried to shut her down, it would've opened the doors, thus unleashing the infection. When they entered the room, the AI was control the laser. Based on it's assessment, it could've killed them all at once without having to go full grid.

B..) As I've said before, BASED does not mean a direct copy of what happened. Just that it was the BASE material.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:58 pm
Elliot Salem
Question: Would you rather see a movie, based on a video game where you know EXACTLY what would happen every step of the damned thing?

Well...
Yeah. Pretty much. And what's wrong with that? They're making Watchmen into a movie. I've read that graphic novel billions of times, and I know pretty much everything that's going to happen, but I would still love to see it all in motion on the big screen. And I would have loved to have seen the first Resident Evil game adapted into a movie. It would leave a lot of room for character development that we really didn't get in the first game. Plus, I think it would have been a more satisfying experience to those unfamiliar with the game. They would have no clue that there was a secret Umbrella lab under that mansion, just as I had no clue when I first played the game. Of course, I wouldn't know EXACTLY how it took place every step of the way. Watching them solve all those puzzles would be pretty boring, so they would have to do something about that. And maybe they would kill Barry or something, or do a little something different here and there. And I would love it if they followed it with RE2. With a movie, they could probably get into a little bit of the dialogue and tension that took place between the S.T.A.R.S. and the Chief after the mansion incident went down. As an RE nerd, I would love to see s**t like that. And while I would be disappointed if they detoured from the plots of the games, I wouldn't complain too much if they made a good movie. But they didn't. Not in my book.

Elliot Salem
A..)Did you pay attention to the first RE movie at all? The Red Queen, the hologram that kept appearing was trying to prevent infection. When the team tried to shut her down, it would've opened the doors, thus unleashing the infection. When they entered the room, the AI was control the laser. Based on it's assessment, it could've killed them all at once without having to go full grid.

Admittedly, I had a hard time staying awake, but I did my best to pay attention. Obviously the AI was controlling the laser. Based on any logical assessment, it would have just gone full grid in the first place and killed everybody at once, sparing itself the pointless time it took to needlessly send one ultimately ineffective laser at a time that didn't kill every lifeform in the room with one easy stroke. But then we wouldn't have gotten to see all those cool decapitations and finger dismemberments, would we? Pointless gore. Dumb AI.

Elliot Salem
B..) As I've said before, BASED does not mean a direct copy of what happened. Just that it was the BASE material.

No argument there. But I wasn't replying to you, was I? Canas Renvall said, "The movies aren't like the games? What? Oh wait, that's right... they're not supposed to be." What I said was directed towards these kind of statements. And Canas is totally right on the money, right? Right.

Anyway, let's just agree to disagree. You guys won't change your opinion; I'm not going to change mine. This is kind of pointless. Although, I do like to argue. So by all means, continue if you wish.  

Thee Stranger

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:01 pm
*takes out the Chicago Typewriter.* Take the debate some hwere else. This is the wrong thread for thsi s**t.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:48 pm
Thee Stranger

"The crap Capcom's been putting out is far worse"... Well, RE4's story was indeed crap, but it was still better than those atrocious movies.

Now that's just not true. Aside from a couple of casual conversations and character names, there was nothing in the game to indicate that it IS Resident Evil. At least the movies have Zombies, Umbrella, T-Virus, consistently. The three key factors that made Resident Evil as a franchise, awesome in the first place.
But still, Capcom's storylines are so attrocious lately, that even Umbrella Chronicles, WITH Zombies, T-Virus, and Umbrella, still has a HORRIBLE storyline. And nothing Paul Anderson has ever put out had a worse storyline than RE4 and UC.
As far as RE4 serves the name "Resident Evil", I think Uwe Boll could've done more justice to it.
So someone who even half-liked RE4's storyline should have no complaints about the movies.

EDIT: By the way, a "Chicago Typewriter" won't work on me, since it's not from a real Resident Evil game.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:03 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Thee Stranger

"The crap Capcom's been putting out is far worse"... Well, RE4's story was indeed crap, but it was still better than those atrocious movies.

Now that's just not true. Aside from a couple of casual conversations and character names, there was nothing in the game to indicate that it IS Resident Evil. At least the movies have Zombies, Umbrella, T-Virus, consistently. The three key factors that made Resident Evil as a franchise, awesome in the first place.
But still, Capcom's storylines are so attrocious lately, that even Umbrella Chronicles, WITH Zombies, T-Virus, and Umbrella, still has a HORRIBLE storyline. And nothing Paul Anderson has ever put out had a worse storyline than RE4 and UC.
As far as RE4 serves the name "Resident Evil", I think Uwe Boll could've done more justice to it.
So someone who even half-liked RE4's storyline should have no complaints about the movies.

EDIT: By the way, a "Chicago Typewriter" won't work on me, since it's not from a real Resident Evil game.
Fine then....*searches through his inventory.* will you believe Chuck Noris with a Samurai's Edge?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:06 pm
You could go all out classic and say Colt Python.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:10 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
You could go all out classic and say Colt Python.
Colt Python it is....Um.....what's a Colt Python? I'm not good with guns.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:13 pm
It's the Magnum Revolver from the very first Resident Evil.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:19 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
It's the Magnum Revolver from the very first Resident Evil.
So I did guess right. I was like," Wait a minute....it has to be a Resident Evil reference giht....also probably a magnum, or else he wouldn't mention it." Since you said all out it must have been the ver first Resident evil game.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:11 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Now that's just not true.

lol, yes it is. xd

Biohazard EXTREME
Aside from a couple of casual conversations and character names, there was nothing in the game to indicate that it IS Resident Evil. At least the movies have Zombies, Umbrella, T-Virus, consistently. The three key factors that made Resident Evil as a franchise, awesome in the first place.

Hey, Umbrella is mentioned in RE4, and they are involved somewhat. But I agree, for the most part. I didn't like RE4's story at all, but I really didn't like the movies. At least RE4 provided me with quite a few hours of entertainment, because the gameplay was good, until it got tedious (tad too long). That's something of merit, which is more than I can say for the movies. And I could just as well use the same argument against the movies that you used against Umbrella Chronicles. Just because the movies involved Zombies, and Umbrella, and the T-Virus doesn't make them good movies, or any better than RE4's plot for that matter. I didn't think Umbrella Chronicles story was particularly good, but I don't see what was so horrible about it. The Russian General dude was no more of a stupid addition as James Marcus, or any other kind of subplots they try to go back and throw into the timeline of the old games. It's no more ridiculous than Wesker showing up alive in Code Veronica, or Leon and Claire driving into town after the city was quarantined in RE3. I'm pretty much used to it now. It all started taking a turn for the ridiculous starting with RE0, if you ask me. So I don't understand why Umbrella Chronicles is getting so much flak from the fanbase. So yeah, Capcom has screwed some things up, but at least the games are consistently fun. And they're all 100 times better than the movies.

It's just a matter of opinion.  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:25 am
Well, if it's as simple as that, then my opinion is that I'd much rather watch Anderson's movies than play any of the newer games. RE4's gameplay didn't redeem the horrible storyline for me. I'd rather play Survivor.
The fact that the movies aren't trying to tie in directly WITH the games, is the very reason I like them. No matter what happens in the movies, it's not gonna translate to how I view the games. So yeah, in a way, to me, the movies are a completely separate franchise that simply borrows the concepts that I liked about Resident Evil. I mean, in that respect, I even thought Doom was a decent movie.
But frankly, I think Extinction was better than Spiderman 3, OR Transformers, among the action movies that came out that year. That I watched anyway.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:07 am
*Steps in*

Wooh! Go Tomb Raider movies! That is all.

*Steps out*  

King of Paradise

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:19 am
I'm very surprised Beta hasn't came in and bitched at you guys yet.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:07 pm
Is it really that big a deal? At least the thread was moving, and we were talking about RE, so it's not like we were horribly off-topic.

So, yeah. How 'bout them n00bs?  

Thee Stranger

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:16 am
Thee Stranger
Is it really that big a deal? At least the thread was moving, and we were talking about RE, so it's not like we were horribly off-topic.

So, yeah. How 'bout them n00bs?
Well I think the noobs need to stop having tunnel vision. Seriously they only give a crap about the new s**t, and never care to actually disect the words 'Survival Horror'. Like I said a long time ago in one of these threads, Capcom only cares about the new trend about coop games, being buddy systemed so that they don't feel so scared. You can't do a horror game if there is someone right by you helpinpg you in the game, which is why I think outbreak is a lot better than RE4, you're scared shitless with static cams, and not knowing if the person you temaed up with online will decide to get revenge for hogging the last first-aid spray. That wuold make me s**t my pants anytime knowing someone I don't see might actually plan to kill me.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 75 76 77 78 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games