Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
↜Halloween↭OOC↝ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 63 64 65 66 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vercheil

Romantic Gaian

9,250 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:05 pm
Sorry for the delay, last minute family things were happening.

Writing up post now.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:19 pm
I should post. So, as you guys know or don't know I am now at home with my crazy family. I will have less time to be on now. Also desperately trying to get a job now. XD Side Note, my sister is happier here with her family, there is much more joy and chaos here. biggrin

Raff_sapphire6

Invisible Gawker

16,200 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200

In Desolation

Invisible Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:29 pm
Joy and chaos. It's wonderful.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:05 pm
ALERT
This is a story that contains minor spoilers for later in story and major spoilers about Lain.
View at your desecration.

“ ‘Ey! I asked you a question, man!” A hand came down hard on a tattooed shoulder.
Lannair looked over his shoulder, eyeing his friend Reid with confusion and then condensation. The guy wouldn’t stop talking about girls and how they looked in their underthings. Then there was how they looked in bikinis, or tight shirts, or lingerie. Or this. Or that. Or this. Lain had tuned him out a long while ago. “I have no idea what you asked, to be honest.”
Reid puffed out his chest in offense. He tried to play it off. “I said: What do you think of Nora?”
“Nora…Reeds?”
“Yeah, her!” Reid sat himself down, hard, only rocking the boat a little. Reid had gotten his hands on his father’s boat. Technically, Reid couldn’t actually drive it without a boating license, but he had taken it out anyway. Taking Lain, who actually had a boating license, was a cover, because the taller male’s company wasn’t something every person longed for. “She’s hot. Only got hotter after high school.”
A yellow gaze shifted back to the water as Lain leaned his arm over the deck railing of the boat. “I suppose she’s good-looking. I wasn’t really interested because she was younger than me. Seniors don’t really ask out Freshmen.” His shoulder lifted in a half-shrug. Nora and Lain had hung out a few times in the years they were in the same school, but other than that, they were strangers. He was sure that she didn’t even know his name.
“That’s bullshit!” Reid leapt to his feet, rocking the boat a bit again. “They younger they are, the tighter they are. If you know what I mean.” A sharp elbow dug into Lain’s ribs.
Lain shoved Reid away, rolling his eyes. “You’re disgusting.”
A bark of sharp laughter was the only response. Lain shook his head emphatically, mouth twisting into a grimace. It was no wonder he didn’t hang around Reid. He only thought with his d**k and did ridiculous things. Reckless and uninhibited. Most thought Lain hung out with him because he was a delinquent, but really...he didn’t have anything better to do. He had a job at the marina on the mainland, but he lived on the island and other than boating, he didn’t have hobbies. No friends either.
“Let’s crack open some beers and do some fishing now.” Reid said and disappeared into the depths of the hull. When he came back up, Lain had the polls ready. He waved away a proffered beer. He needed to stay sober so he could sail back to the island. Reid gave him a ‘Your loss’ wave of his hand and pulled the tab on a chilled Coors Light before sitting in front of one of the polls.
They did that for a good while, staying out on the water until the sun was lost beyond the horizon. The sky was beautiful and clear and the water mimicked the spattering of stars. It was cool and calm. Just the noise from the radio broke the silence.
Well, there was also Reid’s trashed ramblings.
Lain had a hard time following anything that he was saying. He figured it must have been about girls again. The most recent thing was incoherent and Reid stumbled away. He must need to take a piss. Lain didn’t pay much attention after that. He lifted one of the polls––
The boat shuttered into life and the anchor was lifted. Lain whipped his head to stare at Reid, who was behind the boats control panel. “Wait, Reid, you––“
Reid throttled the boat before the anchor was completely lifted, throwing Lain against the side of the boat. His right side struck the deck railing. CRRNCH! He heard more than felt his ribs break. He would have yelled out in pain, but his breath was lost. It felt like one of his lungs deflated like a balloon. Reid throttled hard again yelling that he needed to get home before his father found out he had taken the boat. Lain’s ribs pushed into his insides again, he crumpled over the railing. One of his arms was useless.
He craned his neck to see that they were headed toward the wrong side of the island. The rocks beneath the silhouette of the abandoned academy gleamed in the moonlight. A chill ran up his spine when he noticed a girl lying among them. She was glowing brighter than the moon itself and he body was broken, her middle impaled by a shard of stone that stuck up from the waves. Reid saw it too...and turned the rudder too hard and too fast, barely avoiding the rocks.
And throwing Lain over the railing.
His abused side hit the rocks beneath the water. A stream of air followed his garbled, lost cry as the water ate the noise. He couldn’t help but gasp, as the pain struck him. Water filled his lungs. He tried to lift his arms to swim, but in the dark, murky water near the rocks had him turning the wring way, swimming in the wrong direction.
Everything burned.
Then slowed.
And cooled.
Water filled his lungs.

It seemed like forever before he stood over the grave.
His own grave.
Reid was crying before it as he laid some flowers before a makeshift tombstone. Lain’s name was written in permanent marker on a smooth stone; right next to it was a crudely carved Eye of Ra–the tattoo mirrored on his collarbones. Reid rubbed at his eyes. “I’m sorry. So sorry.” He had been saying sorry like a mantra. Lain didn’t bother to say anything back. His eyes remained on his name.
He was really dead.
It was pretty easy to accept. He didn’t even wonder he was standing over his own grave. His death was sudden. Traumatic. He was forced to linger. He didn’t fight it. Perhaps it was because no one other than Reid knew he was dead. Reid hadn’t told anyone. He was too afraid.
“I…” Reid’s voice had Lain looking at him, “I won’t be coming again. I can’t have anyone know I did that. That I killed you. Please don’t be made.” He got up, still muttering “sorry” over and over. He left.

A year later, Lain stood over his grave, placing his hand over the smudged, incomprehensive letters of his grave. It didn’t even look like a name any longer. The only remnants of his name were an ‘i’ and an ‘n’, the last letters of his last name. They had been protected by one of the building’s overhangs. The Eye of Ra was still there as well.
But his bones were scattered. About two weeks after Reid left his grave for good, animals had scavenged from his body, dug it up and spread his remains. The only left was his skull, still buried beneath the soil. The Eye was his only possession now. It was probably why he was so powerful. Why he could touch things on the school’s ground. Maybe it was the water as well. Or the other spirits. He reached into his pockets and pulled out the salt–sea salt; it was there when he first appeared as a ghost–and sprinkled it over his grave.
A rustle of leaves had him turning. The groundskeeper studied him for a moment before he bowed his head. Lain never told him who he was, but the man respected him even though he had known Lain was dead. “I’ve come to tell you that a show was optioned here. A ghost hunt. I thought you should know.”
Lain let the salt coat the soil of his grave.
“Fools…”
The salty trickle halted.
“But I guess it’s a cat’s business to die of curiosity.”

Leifka

Unleashed Lunatic

Losseth

Dapper Sex Symbol

9,700 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:35 pm
Sorry for disappearing >.< Ugh its...been...hell. Then I decided to go see the conjuring. I will be writing up creepy ghost posts in the test forum now 8| ughhh.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm
ChiyoYukiko
emotion_zombie Hello you.

@Everyone, When the post count on our thread hits 104. The ghost arrives.  

In Desolation

Invisible Exhibitionist

NIGHT TERRORS NOTHING

Big Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:56 pm
i don't know what chaos is in store for me
in the next couple of hours,
but i'll try to get in a post tomorrow.

EDIT 9/2: you all know the drill ;] so, we're doing this next encounter like the one that started on page six...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:11 am
Woo, day off from work. I can post now. =3  

Kairakoi

Tipsy Prophet

10,925 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100

Crocodylus

Vicious Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:10 pm
Classes start tomorrow for mee, Dusty, and NTN~! I'm excited but scared all at the same time @_@.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:18 pm
i am considering a dose of two 5 hr energy tanks tomorrow morning.
my sketchbook looks horrendous.

NIGHT TERRORS NOTHING

Big Wolf

Crocodylus

Vicious Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:33 pm
I'm currently trying to get a head start on my homework this week from the syllabuses (is that even a real word---I dunno).

I dunno what my classes will be like tomorrow but I'll make the effort to attempt a post start >_>"!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:15 pm
Got distracted like a boss.
At least now there is food in my house.  

Kairakoi

Tipsy Prophet

10,925 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100

In Desolation

Invisible Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:49 pm
Food. It's important. I wasted my day again. Doing random. Almost useless crap. Nothing................................................................................................

Uh............Still trying to do something useful. With my time. As I type this. In communication with you. I wrote notes. Things I thought about. How to introduce myself. To new people in class. Core classes mix the different majors together. I don't socialize. Slight panic.............................................................................

I like to read scripts. This one here is good. PDF. In my free time. I have much time ill spent. There's many movie scripts available online to read in full. TV episodes too.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:47 pm
Art school lessons: rational people practicing rational thinking lead to senseless war and death.  

In Desolation

Invisible Exhibitionist

Kairakoi

Tipsy Prophet

10,925 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:08 pm
Sorrryyyy.
Taking ALL of the extra shifts. Need dat money yo.
Its amazing to me how the manager can stand in front of the entire staff and ask for people to come in an hour early and no one volunteers except me.. again.

Finishing that post now. gonk  
U/C

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 63 64 65 66 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games