Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Identification:: Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DamnBlackHeart

Romantic Dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:16 pm
Thank you! I'm pretty sure I like this place from the first moment I saw it. xd Nice to meet you two!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:43 pm
Welcome aboard everyone! I've been slacking on the message boards.  

MM-212 Beta
Captain

BurningTheory

2,400 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:24 pm
Hey, I'm Chris.

Just joined the guild. In my request I stated that I've never owned a RE game before. I have only recently been exposed to the REsident Evil 4: Wii Edition, and I've played the RE5 demo on both the PS3 and the 360.

From what I can tell, the series looks amazing. Though, the girl in #4 looked like a pain in the a**. Portraying women like that in games is horrible. I mean, really... Hide in the dumpster.. No gun... Can't jump out of a window of climb down stairs by herself.. ugh.

However, I am very satisfied with RE5. From what I can tell, it looks like an awesome game. Because of this, I preordered the Resident Evil Red Xbox Elite. I'm so excited to finally get on the 7th-gen systems!

Anyways, I'm trying to start exposing myself to the movies and games. I join the guild in hopes that I can better understand the story line, given that I probably won't have a chance to try out the older games. I look forward to contributing as soon as I get my Xbox on the 13th!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:35 pm
Welcome to the guild! If you do get a chance, get the older games too. They're the ultimatum of the RE experience!  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:27 pm
Welcome to the guild! Yes, please check out the older games. There's many great ones to play. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:47 pm
So whatever happened to..?

Quote:
3. If Resident Evil 4 is your favorite game and that's all you've played in the series, fine, there's a Resident Evil 4 guild just for you.

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:56 pm
Well, they want to learn about the older games of the series, so I figure they won't learn anything in the RE4 guild.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:02 pm
Oh yeah, and there's this one:

2. This is a Resident Evil guild for TRUE fans of the series.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:27 pm
BurningTheory
Hey, I'm Chris.

Just joined the guild. In my request I stated that I've never owned a RE game before. I have only recently been exposed to the REsident Evil 4: Wii Edition, and I've played the RE5 demo on both the PS3 and the 360.

From what I can tell, the series looks amazing. Though, the girl in #4 looked like a pain in the a**. Portraying women like that in games is horrible. I mean, really... Hide in the dumpster.. No gun... Can't jump out of a window of climb down stairs by herself.. ugh.

However, I am very satisfied with RE5. From what I can tell, it looks like an awesome game. Because of this, I preordered the Resident Evil Red Xbox Elite. I'm so excited to finally get on the 7th-gen systems!

Anyways, I'm trying to start exposing myself to the movies and games. I join the guild in hopes that I can better understand the story line, given that I probably won't have a chance to try out the older games. I look forward to contributing as soon as I get my Xbox on the 13th!
Before you burst your own bubble, but the "best" has yet to be seen when you start playing the originals. Everyone here has found their safe haven playing one of those.

Anyway, welcome to the guild.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:33 pm
And how would you define a True Fan sir? I take no offense, as I understand this a very strictly run and contain guild. I just find that I'm as good a person as any in being able to discuss a subject in a literate manner. Theres no point in having a guild full of nothing but people who only repeat the facts you already have listed. A True Fan is willing to learn and expand his knowledge, rather than simply being a walking encyclopedia.

I was never able to expose myself to the series. I had 8 channels, 4 of which were spanish. My family couldn't afford to buy me games, nor was a old enough to get them myself. And even then I would have no interest due to make lack of friends and people to relate to.

I'm older now, have my own place, and have finally started to make a profit from my work. I have an opportunity to grab what I've miss out on. As do many others who are rejected from guilds like this simply because they've only been exposed to only one game in the series.

I say that if someone like me, who has never owned the games, can be accepted into a guild as strict as this one, they where is the bias in declining others?

That being said, I look forward to the interactivity of this guild, and more so a chance to get involved in Resident Evil.  

BurningTheory

2,400 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:39 pm
Well, considering you have the money to pre-order a special 360 just for RE5, any of the older Resident Evil titles are around $25 on eBay, and that's really not that much.

But here's how I define the difference between a 'fan' and a true fan.

The first Resident Evil game that I beat was RE2. After that, I beat RE1 and RE3. And I considered myself a fan.
After that, I beat Survivor, Code Veronica X, Dead Aim, Outbreak.
After that I acquired a GameCube for Remake, beat that, and only then did I consider myself a true fan of the series, at which point I went out, bought RE0 and was completely caught up on everything.

Same goes for Silent Hill. I beat SH2, beat SH1, beat SH3, picked up SH4, but didn't end up beating that one right away. And not until I did beat it, that I considered myself a true fan of the series.

There's no hard line, but a true fan of the series should be pretty much caught up with everything that's been out up to the past year at least, I think.
Or at least that's when I consider MYSELF a true fan.

On another note, I think a real fan doesn't count anything that compromises the integrity of the series, but I'm not gonna involve you into my beef with RE4 and everything that the once great Resident Evil universe had been turned into.

But that's my point right there. I hate Resident Evil 4. Do you know why? Even if I told you, you wouldn't understand it, because as of right now, you don't know what the series was about before RE4 came along. And I don't just mean sheer knowledge. You haven't experienced it, you haven't lived it. It would be difficult for you to understand how important STARS or Raccoon City is to the storyline. They barely even mention it in RE4. And I guarantee you that if you play RE5, you're still not gonna understand how significant the other games are.
It's more than just about knowing what happened. Until you live it, and understand the beauty of it and understand what Resident Evil... Was about, at its origins. Until you do that, how can you call yourself a true fan of the series?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:19 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, considering you have the money to pre-order a special 360 just for RE5, any of the older Resident Evil titles are around $25 on eBay, and that's really not that much.

But here's how I define the difference between a 'fan' and a true fan.

The first Resident Evil game that I beat was RE2. After that, I beat RE1 and RE3. And I considered myself a fan.
After that, I beat Survivor, Code Veronica X, Dead Aim, Outbreak.
After that I acquired a GameCube for Remake, beat that, and only then did I consider myself a true fan of the series, at which point I went out, bought RE0 and was completely caught up on everything.

Same goes for Silent Hill. I beat SH2, beat SH1, beat SH3, picked up SH4, but didn't end up beating that one right away. And not until I did beat it, that I considered myself a true fan of the series.

There's no hard line, but a true fan of the series should be pretty much caught up with everything that's been out up to the past year at least, I think.
Or at least that's when I consider MYSELF a true fan.

On another note, I think a real fan doesn't count anything that compromises the integrity of the series, but I'm not gonna involve you into my beef with RE4 and everything that the once great Resident Evil universe had been turned into.

But that's my point right there. I hate Resident Evil 4. Do you know why? Even if I told you, you wouldn't understand it, because as of right now, you don't know what the series was about before RE4 came along. And I don't just mean sheer knowledge. You haven't experienced it, you haven't lived it. It would be difficult for you to understand how important STARS or Raccoon City is to the storyline. They barely even mention it in RE4. And I guarantee you that if you play RE5, you're still not gonna understand how significant the other games are.
It's more than just about knowing what happened. Until you live it, and understand the beauty of it and understand what Resident Evil... Was about, at its origins. Until you do that, how can you call yourself a true fan of the series?

I think how you consider yourself a true fan is on a personal level, Bio. I mean, when I fully got into the RE series after beating 4, I then proceeded to buy 0,1,2,3 and CV. After trying out 0 and 1 (Which I didn't like that much), I lost faith in myself for ever liking the series beyond 4. And then I had the gumption to try out 2,3 and CV, and I was totally invigorated with fandom. I loved what those games had to offer, so much that, when I knew I didn't know the whole storyline, having not beaten 0 or 1, I decided to do extensive research into the created universe and submerge myself with all the details. When I knew as much as I wanted to, that was when I considered myself a true fan. Sure, I haven't played every game the franchise had to offer, but that was because I truly didn't want to, knowing exactly what they would have offered and instead wanting just to worship the games I did love. I'm pretty sure your the one who always says that you know if you're going to like a game or not before even trying it. Well, that's another reason I haven't played the other games. But anyways, that is how I would consider myself a true fan. Maybe this guy worships the hell out of 4, and wants to consider himself a true fan because he loves what it had to offer and wants to learn what the series is about. I mean, hell, you didn't even give him a chance to enrapture him in the am-za-zing-ness that is RE 0-CV. If you can convince him that these are the games to play, since he did come here to learn more about the series, then maybe you can make a true fan out of him to your liking.  

King of Paradise

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:28 pm
Also, if you have a GameStop near you, you can pick up a used Gamecube in fine condition for about $30. Then you have RE0-CVX right there. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:09 pm
The Not So Evil Deadite
I think how you consider yourself a true fan is on a personal level, Bio. I mean, when I fully got into the RE series after beating 4, I then proceeded to buy 0,1,2,3 and CV. After trying out 0 and 1 (Which I didn't like that much), I lost faith in myself for ever liking the series beyond 4. And then I had the gumption to try out 2,3 and CV, and I was totally invigorated with fandom. I loved what those games had to offer, so much that, when I knew I didn't know the whole storyline, having not beaten 0 or 1, I decided to do extensive research into the created universe and submerge myself with all the details. When I knew as much as I wanted to, that was when I considered myself a true fan. Sure, I haven't played every game the franchise had to offer, but that was because I truly didn't want to, knowing exactly what they would have offered and instead wanting just to worship the games I did love. I'm pretty sure your the one who always says that you know if you're going to like a game or not before even trying it. Well, that's another reason I haven't played the other games. But anyways, that is how I would consider myself a true fan. Maybe this guy worships the hell out of 4, and wants to consider himself a true fan because he loves what it had to offer and wants to learn what the series is about. I mean, hell, you didn't even give him a chance to enrapture him in the am-za-zing-ness that is RE 0-CV. If you can convince him that these are the games to play, since he did come here to learn more about the series, then maybe you can make a true fan out of him to your liking.

Well, you still played and loved RE2 and 3, and essentially, they were the 2/3 games that molded the series into what it was. The original Re trilogy is sacred. And although I can't imagine how you can not like Remake, you did play RE2 and RE3, and they were as good as RE1 at expressing the essence of what Resident Evil is (or WAS) about. So you understand it.
But if you looked at trailers of RE1, 2, 3 and said, "I can already tell I'm not gonna like these games," then I'm sorry, but I'd bite my tongue off before calling you a true fan.

And hey if this guild is about taking casual RE fans and turning them into hardcore RE fans, there's nothing wrong with that, but then on the front page it shouldn't say "For TRUE RE fans", because obviously, true RE fans don't exactly need to be turned into True fans. Which is on Beta and Canas now. If we're accepting people who've only played one game, then that little bit should be omitted from the front page. Maybe change it to something like, "Casual fans accepted, we'll mold them into REAL RE fans!" Or something.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:51 pm
Canas Renvall
Also, if you have a GameStop near you, you can pick up a used Gamecube in fine condition for about $30. Then you have RE0-CVX right there. biggrin

Except the GC versions of 2-CV are overpriced. You can get the PS1 versions of 2 and 3 for less than $15 and the PS2 version of CV for less than $10 at another game store or eBay.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff